• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

Forgot to post yesterday, but I've been doing well the past couple of days!
Yesterday:
I got to play some more DQVII! Things certainly have taken a turn, to say the least.
I've been watching more Afterlife SMP series with my family, particularly SmallishBeans' and LDShadowLady's! They're both quite fun to watch. ^^
I also ordered myself another blind box set (hoping to get the pins I wanted but missed out on last time!) and a storage folder for clear files! I've only collected a few so far, but it'll be nice to have a safe/compact place to put them. Plus, I'm getting a transparent one, so I'll be able to look through them without having to take them out.

Today:
I watched Dollightful's video on the doll café she visited! It was a really cute little place, and I loved the concept art she showed for a Year of the Tiger doll! Can't wait for her video on that one, whenever she's able to work on it.
I found some official art of one of my faves in higher quality than I had before! It's not what I'd consider ideal quality (it's got that "SAMPLE" watermark over it lol), but it's still pretty nice! 😄 I should hopefully be getting the same art on some physical merch later in the year, too.
Once again, I played DQVII for a good while! Despite one particularly annoying dungeon, I'm making really good progress—I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish the main story this weekend, but I'm definitely getting closer to that point. (Square Enix, please don't take down the servers until I can unlock the story DLC... ;v; )

posting later than usual since i accidentally went to bed early, but yesterday was a pretty decent day! 😊

got 3x nook points.
got high.
discovered some more new favourite edits of one of my favourite shows, as well as a new favourite youtube video and a new favourite song!!
cuddled with my kitten. <3
tried molson canadian beer for the first time! it’s not my favourite drink by any means, but it was better than i was expecting!

my kids left me with this today before they went off to spring break 🥺 i'd been seeing them work on a poster in the back of the room during study hall but i thought they were just doing something silly 😭 they make me love my job and i love them so much

IMG_1470.jpg
stopppp that’s so sweet. kids can be so great at times. i hope you all have a great spring break! 💗

It makes me feel kind of greedy to ask for video games for my Birthday or Christmas since they are expensive but this is the first time in my life I got not one but two video games for my birthday.
it’s not greedy at all! sure, video games are expensive, but it’s not like you’re asking for a new one every week. you’re allowed to ask for the things that you enjoy, especially on special occasions like christmas and your birthday. :)

my mom finally got a PS5 today!! she got it from an online friend whom she plays a lot of PS4 games with. she's been wanting one for over a year now and it was super generous of him to give her a brand new one without asking for money or anything in return. she's really happy with it and I'm so happy for her :blush:

that also means that I get to have her old PS4 which means I can finally play Spyro Reignited again!!
love that for her!! i hope she continues to enjoy her new ps5, and i hope you enjoy her ps4! ☺️

Forgot to post yesterday so here it is
Yesterday:

🧸 played some animal crossing new horizons - worked on my McDonald’s & post office

🧸 Went shopping in Town 🛍

🧸 picked up my new glasses 👓

🧸 Ate out - had Ham, egg & chips

Today:

🧸 I’m seeing my brother before his birthday

🧸 And hopefully I’ll get bids for my old Nintendo switch today because it ends today

last night around midnight my friend on Discord messaged me and we were chatting for a bit but then he brought up that he got this:
116797-nintendo-64tm-nintendo-switch-online-classic-key-chains-set-b-1

and ofc I really wanted it too cause it comes with a very smol SM64 cart and I absolutely love it. but it costed 500 platinum points (which I had) and $7.50 for shipping (which I didn't have) so my friend, out of the graciousness of his heart, sent me the money to cover shipping. so I was able to order it last night and it should be here sometime next week!! I appreciate him so much, on so many levels, and this just adds to it 🥺

my kids left me with this today before they went off to spring break 🥺 i'd been seeing them work on a poster in the back of the room during study hall but i thought they were just doing something silly 😭 they make me love my job and i love them so much

IMG_1470.jpg
That is very cute! It's the little things like this that make it very special, I can totally get that.

You just made me remember when I was very sick years ago and having to recover. A bunch of members from a forum I used to frequent (long gone) sent me an E-card that they all wrote their own thing wishing me a speedy recovery or how much they appreciated me. I saved it on my computer. I need to find it now that you reminded me.

@xSuperMario64x Nice! I hear those are still hard to come by even 2 years later. It's insane they haven't tried to battle this yet. I can't even imagine what their sells are like if they can't keep a steady flow for the consumers. Good to hear your mom got the system and that you're getting a 'new' system as well! Are there any games you plan on getting now?

I fixed someone's old smart phone that they didn't want anymore and now I've been logging on it daily to get Nook points lol. I've had a flipphone for the longest time. Still do since I haven't fully registered the phone, but I can use it to collect points, connect to NSO, and scan QR codes.

Kind of stinks since the one I did want to scan kept coming up as an error even though I created it in the 3ds so I figured it would be fine. The other ones worked so I don't get it.

@xSuperMario64x Nice! I hear those are still hard to come by even 2 years later. It's insane they haven't tried to battle this yet. I can't even imagine what their sells are like if they can't keep a steady flow for the consumers. Good to hear your mom got the system and that you're getting a 'new' system as well! Are there any games you plan on getting now?
honestly no, as of right now there aren't any PS4 games I'm particularly interested in getting. I'm pretty content just playing Spyro for now. I've heard that PS4 games are pretty cheap and easy to come by these days (one of my friend's favorite PS4 games is like $20 brand new) so maybe sometime I'll go to the local secondhand game store and see what they have :>

• Well it's officially spring now I think? As much as I love autumn and winter, it will be good for me to get some sunshine and vitamin D from being in it.
  • I have cut down a lot/most of the sugar that I eat. And have been getting a lot of walking in. So far I've lost 9lbs! Super proud of myself.
  • I'm looking forward to Sunday mass
  • Woke up with my kitty snuggled next to me
  • I plan on having a productive day and getting some cleaning done :)

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept a bit better last night and got to sleep in this morning.
- The weather was a bit cooler but at least the sun was shining.
- My husband did a deep clean in the bathroom and it looks so much better.
- I got to watch Shadows House and Attack on Titan today.

I won Jump Showdown in Fall Guys for the first time today!! I'd won every final at least once except for this one, so I'm really glad to have finally defeated it. It was starting to feel like my nemesis. 😅
I also cleared Gale Sanctum and finished the Howling Peaks DLC of Minecraft Dungeons! I thought the final boss of this one was pretty fun, and I'm looking forward to starting the Hidden Depths DLC next! Gonna go on some adventures with my baby sea turtle. 🐢
And while I was at it, I went ahead and snagged the remaining NSO ACNH villager icon elements with the platinum points I earned. Probably won't ever use most of them, but it still felt nice to collect the full set—now to save up my points again for April!
Got to play some more DQVII as well! I think I'm almost ready to take on the final dungeon and finish the main story, but I want to do just a bit more grinding in vocations first.
I snuck in some reading time today too, while my 3DS was charging. Over halfway through the book I'm on now!

I battled and talked with my friend today. ^_^ I also feel a whole lot better than I did last night. She really does put a smile on my face.
I have one more day of work before my day off.
It was a little cold out for some reason (just a slight breeze), but I was okay with that because I always think it could be worse, lol.
I had some hot chicken wings for lunch.

I wasn't able to post here in a while so I'll post what happened yesterday and today:

March 19, 2022
  • Feel free to skip this point. After weeks of not spotting a car I have yet to identify, this day finally broke that streak as I went somewhere with my family. It's a 2022 Genesis G70! If it weren't for the game that shall not be named, I wouldn't have been able to figure it out! It's really cool because it's the first Genesis in my growing list of identified cars, and it's the latest car too in terms of the year... I honestly like the design of the headlights for being different.
  • Me and my family went to this restaurant for lunch and ate lots of yummy food. There were many leftovers so we were able to take them home and eat them later!
  • I played GT Sport to win a couple of races and time trial laps. I was planning to do an endurance race, but I ended up going to scapes mode to take pictures of my cars in many places around the world instead haha.
March 20, 2022
  • I did some laundry.
  • Not only today was pretty sunny, but the temperatures were also pretty pleasant as well! I only needed to wear a sweater to keep myself warm outside.
  • I unfortunately wasn't able to watch the 2022 Formula 1 Bahrain Grand Prix live due to TV channels not televising it lol. I did watch the highlights and noticed that the battles are closer now in terms of wheel to wheel racing which is a good thing. The regulation change really shook things up. Out of nowhere, Ferrari took a 1-2 finish with Charles Leclerc leading the way. The last time the team pulled this off was in the 2019 Singapore Grand Prix if I recall correctly, so it's been quite a few years! What really made me happy though is that a Haas car finished in fifth place. The team struggled very heavily in the last couple of years, so no doubt they are very happy with the result. I'm hoping they would keep it up to stay afloat in the fierce competion of Formula 1. If the first race is anything to go by, the battles between teams for the top positions should be a good one as the season goes on!
  • I went on a car stroll with my mother and sister during the pleasant weather! I even had the windows rolled down a bit to get a cool breeze. We also saw lots of cute doggos in the process. I'm pretty sure they're all happy being able to go outside in this nice weather. 😊 Now that it's the beginning of spring, it's safe to say that I survived my first season of winter driving!
  • Feel free to skip this point. During the car stroll, I saw this very old car that I didn't recognize. I did, however, recognize the MG badge on the front so I looked it up further when I got home. Turns out the car in question is an MG MGA! Year model could be somewhere between 1955 to 1962 according to quick research, so it's definitely one of the oldest cars I've seen. Things went from new to old real quick after seeing that Genesis yesterday lol.
  • I played GT Sport and did some simple livery editing.
  • I made a simple file in Inkscape!
  • I played ACNH and witnessed a conversation between Gruff and Carrie. Basically, Carrie was singing about oranges (which is my native fruit) and had a little bit of a chuckle. On a sidenote, I can't believe it's been two years since New Horizons released! I remember getting it on release day before things started going crazy in the world. I also remember dumping tons of bugs and fishes outdoors before unlocking the museum. I thought I was a genius coming up with it only to find out many others did the same lol. Sterling and Diva has been with me since the very beginning. This means that they still have their basic furniture and I am totally fine with it. :)

I decided to buy another Fire Emblem art book and the third volume of Frieren: Beyond Journey’s End today on Amazon. They’ll arrive this sometime week and I can’t wait to read them!

I started to play Cozy Grove again last night and I’ve been enjoying it again. It’s been a few months since I last touched it but I’m happy I had the motivation to play it again. It’s a nice break from Animal Crossing.

back at it again with yet another late ass post, but yesterday was the best day that i’ve had in a while… right up until i got food poisoning. 🥴

amazon finally got a restock of the series 5 animal crossing amiibo cards, so i bought myself 2 packs (the limit)!! gamestop also had series 4 packs available online, so i bought 3 of those as well! i don’t have any series 4 cards at all, so i’m really excited to see who i’ll get!!! 😄
cuddled with alize. <3
went out with my mom and had a great time! she bought me 2 new squishmallows, a smoothie from booster juice and air freshener for my room! though, the highlight of my day was definitely stopping by bestbuy and buying 5 packs of series 5 animal crossing amiibo cards!!! i wasn’t expecting them to have any, and if they did, i was expecting a limit on how many i could buy, but i’m so glad i was wrong! i got 9 new cards, 3 of which i really, really wanted and i’m so happy! 😊🎉
i finally got shino, cephalobot and ace 😭!! i literally screamed when i saw them lol. i’m also so happy that i didn’t get any duplicate npc cards! now i just need azalea, wardell and flick, and i’ll have everyone i really wanted!!
C5139DB1-852E-4116-A72C-DD808F42D970.jpeg

i’m also absolutely in love with my new squishmallows — especially edward the eagle! though, the fox is special to me because of 1) the message on her belly, which is something i need to learn to do, and 2) her name. her name is alizeh, which is literally my cat’s name with an h at the end of it! i love them so much, and am so grateful to my mom for buying them (and the other stuff) for me! 🥰
2CDB7362-9B52-406C-B9ED-31507305F8EE.jpeg
got high.
discovered some new favourite tiktoks.

- Work was good today.
- I'm headed to martial arts practice.
- The Dallas Mavericks are playing host to the Minnesota Timberwolves tonight. It'll be a showdown between two rising teams as the playoff race in the NBA west heats up. 😤
- Currently trying to avoid any tornadoes. Wish me luck! ✌️

pXWoMqP.gif

Today I'm happy because:

- The weather was very nice again today, warm and sunny.
- I made it through a tough day of work and completed the tasks that absolutely had to be done today.
- My dog was being surprisingly good and calm today.
- I had a really good cheeseburger for dinner tonight.

- I got to go for a drive today with the top down because the weather was really nice, it was a great time :)
- I have plans tomorrow to do some rearranging in my room, would've started today but it took quite a bit of planning and now it's almost 10pm so I'm just gonna go to bed and work on it tomorrow.
- I have a new drawing idea started, it's a character which I created right around the same time as my OC Flynn (since both started out as fakemon), I'm having a tricky time coming up with a name for him but I've decided they're gonna be rivals (and perhaps long lost siblings but idk yet).
- still thinking abt working on one of my fanfics, I also have at least one other story planned (a fanfic based on New Horizons) and I'm pretty excited about that :D

edit: oh and I also sold some of my old NIB amiibos yesterday, so that'll give me a decent amount of money. they were honestly just collecting dust and they were sitting in the back of my game shelf, hidden, so I figured I would sell them to someone who would use them or at least appreciate them more.

edit again: ALSO I've been doing some fun challenges in Mario Party Superstars. last night I did a challenge where I put all the CPUs on easy and gave myself a 5-star handicap, and I had to get to 4th place by the end of the game. I ended up getting in 3rd because I had too many coins (I can't resist collecting coins lol) but it went surprisingly well! soon I would like to do another challenge where I put all CPUs on easy again and give them a 5-star handicap, and I try to get 1st place by the end. 👀

edit again again: also @/Shellzilla_515 made some VW skins for me in GT and I looooove themmm sdjfsjdfssdf

Back