• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

Today I'm happy because:

- I saw Mortimer, the bat, again last night. He's so cute! 🦇
- I slept pretty well last night and got to sleep in this morning.
- I had a pretty relaxing and enjoyable day.
- The weather is finally clearing up. At the moment, there no forecasted rain for this upcoming week.
- I did some journaling today after not feeling up to it for the past two weeks.
- I spent some quality time with my husband and my dog.

My family and I watched the latest episode of One Piece as well as Episode 12 of Spy x Family this morning! I can't wait for more episodes of the latter in October. ;v;
We also watched a couple videos from the Empires SMP over dinner! Dinner was absolutely lovely too—roasted potatoes and bell peppers with some vegetarian apple sausage; it's definitely a favorite of mine. 💯
I made some great progress in ACNH today, and caught up with everything I wanted to do in February!! I've collected a few of the young spring bamboo DIYs already, and I had a really good time full-clearing Festivale! In New Leaf it got kinda tedious for me after a while, but I didn't feel that way about this version. I even collected every Festivale item in every color (including rainbow!), and still managed to collect some extra stacks of feathers after that! Whew.
I also played Style Savvy: Styling Star this evening! I love finding new customers—I just wish there was a way to view everyone you'd met overall (which does seem to be saved internally somewhere, because it does differentiate between characters you haven't seen on the current playthrough vs. characters you haven't seen at all), since the Contacts list otherwise resets with New Game+.
I found some... not exactly new, but different official artwork of some of my faves! It's old art with different backgrounds and some added sparkliness, but I've got nothing against that. (*´꒳`*)

I ordered a custom plush of Marlo, cranky hamster, a few months ago to join with my custom plush Jay, jock bird, (a plush I ordered 1 year ago) since I love the two characters so much. I checked the status of the delivery and it has arrived in my country so it should get to my address pretty soon. The funny thing is Jay's birthday is on the 17th of July and while Marlo plush won't arrive on a Sunday it will either arrive on the 15th or 18th of July and it makes me happy that in a way Marlo arrives right on time to celebrate Jay's birthday. It's cute coincidence since I ordered the plush way back in May. On my island they are best buds and even in real life the magic comes through. I will post later to update on the situation :)

Last edited:
had a shotty day bc PMS is always fun, but my order status updated and it's estimated to be delivered on Wednesday for sure so I'm really excited about that. also spending my evening lying in bed with the baby Miko and messaging my maybe soon to be SO idfk friend on fb, just trying to take it easy.

This app I’ve been using as a mood tracker says I’m in a significantly better mood over the weekend, but also seems to be when my mood swings are the highest. All of the drama happens at work over the weekend with the kids working, but my favorite person is always there to cheer me up.
I found strawberry ice cream sandwiches and admittedly, I’m not a huge fan of strawberries but the artificial flavor is fine. I have yet to try one, but they look pretty good.
Now, how long until they make a banana flavored box?
I watched a few travel related videos on YouTube that made me happy.

Today I finally got my official Asperger's diagnosis. I've mentioned having it on this site before but for years I had just kind of presumed that I had it/was self-diagnosed, but two weeks ago I decided it was time to get professionally tested for it and it was the best decision I could have made. I never mentioned having Asperger's to anyone that I knew in person because I didn't know for sure that I had it even though I was showing almost all of the symptoms. I avoided getting tested my whole life, ever since I was 11 or so because part of me was scared that I wouldn't have it and would have been convincing myself that I had something I didn't/would have no excuse for any of my weird behavior patterns if I found out I didn't have it, but recently I kind of reached a breaking point and finally got screened by a professional. It took four appointments and a total of eight hours, which was stressful because I thought I might be doing it all for nothing, but this morning I woke up to an email that said I met the requirements for the diagnosis. I was shocked and scared at first but then just felt so overwhelmingly happy and relieved. I told a few of my family members and one of my closest friends through text today and they were all really supportive and it made me really happy. I just feel so much lighter now and I'm so proud of myself for finally going through with it.

I found out something today that was basically a huge lift off my shoulders? I’ve stated before that I was diagnosed with autism when I was very young but for a bit my dad had suspected a misdiagnosis. I kind of thought so too in the back of my mind. And not only that, but I was talking about it with my therapist and she said the thing is that she thought for sure it was a misdiagnosis. So, you can guess what happened. I found out this morning I was misdiagnosed. I think I’m happy in a way? I know there’s *some* overlap in BPD (my actual diagnosis) and autism but they’re not the same. It’s just… different knowing what I actually am. I feel kind of overwhelmed. It’s just a relief because things actually make so much more sense now.

This is formatted a bit differently than my previous posts here, but I think this needed it’s own post. It’s that feeling where everything makes sense… and you finally have that confirmation.

- Had a nice day out at an archipelago island today with mom! Though I got like bug bites everywhere, oof.
- Got a package I've been waiting for (60s day-glo blouse, 60s mod dress, and 60s mod raincoat) :D
- a package from japan is supposed to be here tomorrow, hoping it's true aha, they kinda freaked me out saying it was today LOL.

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept pretty well last night. 💤
- My work day wasn't too bad. 💻
- I saw Mortimer, the bat, again last night. 🦇
- I saw Ms. Potter, the bunny, several times today. 🐇
- I saw two squirrels playing in a tree. 🐿️
- My dog is looking so cute in his bed right now. 🐶
- My husband is being very sweet to me. 💞
- We had Japanese for dinner tonight. 🍜
- I wrote some new material for my novel. 📖🖊️

(Yeah, I got in a weird emoji mood.)

I ordered a few t-shirts since I've uh, basically worn all my old ones to death lol. Have I had them since I was a teenager? ...Maybe. Do they all have holes in them at this point? ...Also maybe. I normally like to thrift for clothes whenever possible, but I make an exception for t-shirts, since I buy them so rarely and so I can find designs relevant to my interests. Anyway, I absolutely love the ones I found this time around, and I can't wait for them to get here. ;v;
I caught a few more new fish and found some more spring bamboo DIYs in ACNH! The stringfish is still eluding me, but at least I earned some Nook Miles for digging up so many clams. 😅
I went through a lot more of my old things! Should hopefully be donating most of it tomorrow. I'm keeping the dragon Webkinz though and no one can stop me
I played Style Savvy: Styling Star for a little bit today too! Still on the grind for this last achievement.

I saw my friend for the first time in about a month and she told me she missed me so much. I won’t lie, I missed her a lot. It caught me off guard hearing her say that. I didn’t hug her, but I probably should have.
I should have hugged her, man. I’m pretty sure she likes me and I am lowkey crushing on her.
I boxed up something that I need to have shipped out for tomorrow. I will be able to drop it off at the post office before work. It’s a return on my end, so hopefully the refund is successful.
I have been sleeping surprisingly well over the past week.

• Really happy with my fitness progress so far. I’ve been pretty consistent the past 2 weeks with walking/jogging 6k steps, it makes me feel happy and accomplished and I’m enjoying sticking to my routine. Sadly rained yesterday so I wasn’t able to walk outside, so I decided to do some strength training instead. Might go for upper body strength training tomorrow since my legs are pretty sore from yesterday’s training and today’s jog.
Screenshot_20220713-202940_Samsung_Health.jpg
  • Also been consistent lately in doing a little bit of art every day! I want to focus on and improve my art this summer. I’m actually excited for the TBT fair because admittedly, TBT has become one of the reasons why I’ve improved the past couple of years.
  • I got a 90 in my Surgery subject today! I’m really happy since I put a lot of effort into the papers and the exams. Surgery is one of my main considerations when it comes to specialties so hopefully I can keep it up.
  • I pulled Heizou in Genshin today! I didn’t expect him to be so fun to play; his gameplay is very unique and I am enjoying punching enemies and yeeting them.
  • I also played ACNH today and got both Bea and Willow to come to my island! Tbh I didn’t want any repeat of old villagers I had, but when I saw Bea during the island hop I couldn’t resist her 😭 Willow is super cute too, I love her so much and I’m excited to have her!

• Today is my dad's birthday! I baked some brownies and a chocolate cake for this occasion. 🎂🍫
  • I made a happy discovery: Wii Music has video game music that you get to play! I don't have the game, but I'm really enjoying the rendition of the Wii Sports and main Zelda theme. 🎵
  • One of my online friends has been gone for a while now and I was really missing them, but they came back today!! 😊
  • I'm listening to Zelda OSTs right now, specifically the Lon Lon Ranch theme. 🐴
  • Since my 3DS touch screen is misaligned, it makes certain things in games inaccessable. But recently I found a way to make Miis and other things in Tomodachi Life! (All I had to do was touch the very edge of the screen with my nail, lol) Because of this discovery I can change a Mii's clothes and interior (I actually care a lot about the Miis' appearances so was super happy about this) and make Miis as well! Now I have more residents on Triforce Island! :D

Back