• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What Are You Happy About Today?

I saw a five year old with a “love is love” shirt. I’m almost positive his mom picked it out, but it was still cute to see. He seemed so well-behaved, too.
I saw my favorite person today. I’m happy she’s feeling better now. We are going to play Pokémon in just a bit and her hugs are so damn comforting, man.
I spent my three consecutive days off playing video games. It was a fun time, for sure.
The Kings are coming to Pittsburgh in October this year, and I’m planning on going. It’s been a tradition for me to go to their away game in Pittsburgh each year. I haven’t missed one since 2016. The game is usually in December, so this is different.
I can’t wait for hockey to start.

Today I'm happy because:

- I had another really great night's sleep and got to sleep in this morning. These past two nights have been perfect. Wish I could sleep like that all the time.
- I've been waking up with no back pain, just a little stiffness when I sleep for long periods of time.
- We had perfect early fall weather, a bit overcast and the temperature was just right.
- I got some cleaning done today and I feel good about that.
- Other than that, I relaxed and enjoyed the day at home.
- The Minnesota Vikings won their home opener against the Packers! 💜💛
- My husband's team, the Ravens, won their first game as well so we were both in good moods! 💜🖤
- We went back to the new ice cream place and I tried a brownie batter milkshake. It was thick and delicious!
- My Hero's Crossing story was nominated for community voting! It's such an honor! I'm looking forward to reading the other nominees' stories.

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept pretty well again last night, even if I did have to wake up early for work.
- I don't have a ton of high priority things going on at work this week so I should be able to catch up on other tasks.
- The weather was nice today and I enjoyed walking my dog.
- I saw Ms. Potter, the bunny, in my backyard again. It's been a little while since my last sighting so I'm glad she's doing okay.
- I washed my sheets and comforter and put fresh sheets on the bed. I'm looking forward to snuggling up in them tonight.
- I had some delicious chocolate beignets for dessert.

had a house inspection this morning, stressful at first but it went smoothly and it seemed like our property manager got into trouble for being really rude to my partner and i last time 🥳 she had another person with her today and was acting SUPER nice and gifted us both little fun-size chocolates lmao. she got in TROUBLE and DESERVED it!!!!!

incomprehensible sentence incoming but the granblue fantasy event ended and my crew did fairly well, i managed to open 41 boxes and traded my badges for a sunstone. i can uncap okto to flb soon and will probably recruit caim next while i decide which arcarum summon to build next and which grid i want to focus on. either agni or titan🤔 much to think about

Happy to see Lewis Capaldi release a new song for the first time in about 2+ years. It makes me even happier to see him on the cover of Spotify's new music Friday playlist ;v; I love Lewis Capaldi so so much. His music has saved me when I was going through a really rough break-up/getting cheated on. I'm so glad to see he's making music again T^T

• I went grocery shopping today, got everything on my list inclduing some cans of pumpkin so I can make some pumpkin desserts (pumpkin bread, etc)
  • It rained today, huge thunderstorm, it was relaxing and I took a nap
  • I had a hotdog just now for dinner, I'm not much of a hotdog person, more of a burger person, but these were Nathan's hotdogs and were very good. For some reason I have been craving them lately.
  • I read a 6 episodes of a friend's Kindle Vella novel they're the author of and have enjoyed it so far
  • I've been reading the rules/gameplay guide and lore to Descent: Legends of the Dark. I am looking forward to playing sometime
  • Drank a lot of water today, proud of myself because that's one of my goals
  • One of my cats took a nap laying on me today :)
Post automatically merged:

My friends and I are having a movie nite AND WE ARE WATCHING HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 🤭
Love those movies! Toothless is the best :D

It's been over a week since I last posted here lol.
  • Okay, so I got to remove some bolts and a couple of parts from a Honda engine in class today! Not only did I learn new things, but I also got to see parts with my own eyes and was mesmerized by them for a few moments. The particular ones that intrigued me the most were the camshafts and spark plugs, for which the latter I got the opportunity to remove a couple of them from inside the engine myself! You should've seen my face under the mask trying to keep my reactions low-key. I was basically smiling for at least 50% of the class hearing these awesome things and how the engine functions. Despite feeling a little tired in the morning, I kept my full attention and as a result, finished class walking away with a bit more knowledge and getting some hands-on experience. There's still a lot more to go through in the coming weeks, but I'm more than happy to learn them. I don't think I've ever been so hyped about learning something new in my life. I'm not even exaggerating.
  • Apparently, there was a Nintendo Direct today and finally revealed some more details for The Legend of Zelda, even though there seemingly wasn't a lot to see. The title is "Tears of the Kingdom" (or TotK lol), and it sounds like it's got a nice ring to it. It's amazing how the series has come a long way since 1986 and loved pretty much every single entry in the series. Minish Cap never seems to get enough appreciation. I never owned Four Swords, though.
  • Played Gran Turismo 7 and did some time trials. I also did a race against opponents in their regular road cars and absolutely destroyed them with the 2014 Ferrari FXX K. 😂 Funnily enough, this was the car I absolutely hated with its horrible handling, but a recent update to the handling physics made it seem to drive considerably better. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually like how it drives now! Still gonna use it as a punching bag to let off some steam though haha.
  • I recently came up with a wholesome drawing idea and it feels pretty awesome just thinking about it! I already started it the other day in the early stages and I might get a little bit more progress done today.
I'll be lurking behind the bushes again, but I hope everyone is doing all right as of late. 💙

- I stopped at a bookstore/café hybrid and picked up a novel and a tasty cold brew coffee.
- I've been hired to be a paid caretaker for one of my moms! This will make paying for rent much easier.
- I enjoyed some anime.
- I did some grinding on a Dragon Quest game and made some progress while listening to my favorite YouTubers.

still getting hit by depression (though I'm trying my best to overcome it) but I have a few things to be happy about:

I finally got my Wii Party video edited and uploaded to youtube today! editing took about 8 hours and the video ended up being 50 minutes long!! I'm pretty happy with how it turned out though, I'm thinking my commentary could've been better/funnier if I wasn't dealing with depression (which makes me have flat moods/expression) but it's still pretty great and I'm getting better at editing videos! my next video will be a little playthrough and initial reaction of Luigi's Mansion 3 so that should be fun!

tomorrow morning I'm going in to have an allergy test done. my doctor ordered it bc I've been having bad sinus issues lately and I don't know what's causing it, so he wants to rule out allergies first. it'll be interesting to see if I'm actually allergic to anything, if I am it's only mild allergies bc I've never had like rashes and hives from allergies.

it's been almost 2 weeks since Mr. Red Fox came home (his name was Dodger but my mom wanted to change it to Red Baby so that's his name now, plus he looks almost just like a red fox lol) and he is such a little troublemaker. he also still looks like a slinky weasel lol. but he's so cute and quite affectionate, his oddities certainly make him a great addition to our family 😂💞

there was a shipping delay for the last kacheek plushie I got, but I got in contact w the seller and they said they would send it out the next day, and it's now in transit so I really hope it gets here by Friday or this weekend 💙

I've been really contemplating wanting to do stuff with 2D animation. the only thing holding me back rn is finding a good program that is user friendly and works for me. but I'm pretty excited, I did some animations in Flipnote Studio way back when and though it's a bit tedious I loved it. this will be yet another hobby to add to the list of countless hobbies I've taken up over the years lol.

my SO continues to be so sweet to me, and we're learning more about each other every day and seeing where our faults/weaknesses are so we can work through them and come out stronger for it, as well as just chatting like friends do. I'm so glad I have someone who would do anything to be with me (and ofc I would do the same for him), he truly is such a blessing 🥰

it's been getting a little chilly outside lately and I am LIVING for it. I love bundling up in warm blankets when it's 50-something outside. autumn will be here soon 🍂

one last thing, the Halloween store is opening soon and I can't wait!!! I have so many costume ideas lol 🎃👻

Back