• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What Are You Happy About Today?

1663751764680.png

This little throwback to the last easter egg hunt
Nautical twilight is always super, both on the forums and in real life 🌟 💘

It's raining and I am in bed drinking a hot chocolate playing my cats favourite song so she can cuddle up and sleep :)

I will literally play the 1hr loop for her haha and she could be in a cheeky mood and as soon as she hears this song she gets super relaxed and falls asleep 😊

I think I found the problem to implementing a day cycle which I am excited to try out tomorrow. 🙂
I switched game engines because I was tired of struggling with syntax, and not being able to find a list of the precode terms used in coding for this game engine (Godot). My code had correct logic but the wrong phrase or needing a different phrase I had no idea existed in the engine and can't find on the supposed online docs. Otherwise I would have just browsed the docs to find something that I thought may fit with whatever I'm trying to do.

I feel I am getting further since the change, as I can find a list of the precode terms and what they actually mean and what they can do in this engine (GBStudio). However this game engine, though popular, is pretty limited, but maybe it will encourage more creativity and charm to the game I hope.

Ps. If you know of a list of phrases for Godot Engine out there send it my way please. Like I had no idea Input.get_action_strength() was even a thing until I ran into it online today. I did a search on Godot's online doc website and it didn't come up :/. It helps to know all the pieces.. and where to read and see all pieces.
Yes. 🥰
It works! 😃 Cant wait to build on top of it. I know I can do it, I understand how it works, I just struggle with godot..

Today I'm happy because:

- I continue to sleep deeply at night, even when I don't feel like I get to sleep long enough.
- My back pain is basically gone. I still have a lot of tension left that could quickly become pain so I'm sticking with my treatment routine to avoid a relapse, but it's so nice being able to sleep all night and to get out of bed in the morning without hurting.
- Work has been stressful this week, but my boss stopped by my desk to check on how I was holding up. It meant a lot that she understood how much pressure I was under even though I never complained about it. Plus she wants to meet with me later this week to work on a plan to distribute the work more evenly. It's so beneficial to have a leader who previously worked the same job I'm doing now and has reasonable expectations.
- I left work early for my massage therapy appointment. It felt really good after the stressful morning I had.
- I got some good news from the contractor. Everything we've picked out so far for the bathroom will work. He's wrapping up some other jobs but will be able to start on ours in a few weeks.
- I'm over halfway through the work week. Only two more days to go.

@/tessa grace's Second Annual Hunger Games Giveaway started today and it's so much fun to read through, especially with everyone's comments 😂 Also, I survived day one this time!!
Watched GoodTimesWithScar's latest Hermitcraft episode with my family!
I played through a few more days in Style Savvy: Styling Star! I made some more progress towards my goal of collecting all the clothes, and also found some really nice tables I didn't have before.
I also made another rubber band bracelet today! I have a lot of fun just coming up with color combinations for these. ;v;

Two shinys on the way to work and two shinys on the way home from work last Tuesday

2608D899-C1C0-4AA9-A109-3F6005E47AD0.jpeg

EA186140-4B26-4AC9-8CC7-72109DF16FE7.jpeg

F316BD6B-CD98-4650-B6CD-8A5FBD48C494.jpeg

5EE04230-BCB7-43F4-AE81-8FC336F46A9D.jpeg

Post automatically merged:

And this Tuesday my friend traded me a shiny Pikachu 😁

B758A075-F010-4E72-8A79-4CB48D721BA4.jpeg

Post automatically merged:

And yesterday I bought some Pokecoins for Pokemon Go with permission from mum

I haven't been doing well today, but I'm doing better now. I took a look at my resume and remembered that I've done some pretty awesome things despite being challenged by Aspergers. My entire mood changed when I realized there's still time today to accomplish some things I want to accomplish. "Attitude is latitude" indeed! I'm feeling a heck of a lot better! :D

Watched Poofesure's video "im getting close to skill level 3000 on wii sports baseball" and enjoyed it a lot! My favorite part is when he got Sakura (aka the baseball champion) as his opponent, to which he immediately said 'nope' and restarted to get a new opponent. Sakura is one of my favorites but I'd probably do the same, she's such a nightmare in that sport. 😂

I did some pretty cool stuff in AC:NH lately! I got Ruby's photo, caught a coelacanth, made a lot of Bells, invested in the turnip market, and got some Nook Miles Achievements!

Started playing Tomodachi Life regularly again and I'm having tons of fun! This game also made me realize just how much I love my Miis and I how much I enjoy interacting with them. ^^

Ate some Reese's, one of my favorite chocolates! 🍫🥜

Found a slowed + reverb remix of Camel by Camel that I really like! 🐪

Briefly told one of my best online friends about my current situation and was sent a super nice message afterwards. It really made me smile. ❤️
Web capture_22-9-2022_173036_www.quotev.com.jpeg

I managed to build a clock with made up time in godot in a round about way (with code) that's similar to what I did in GB studio, but it has no visual. I'm really happy about it's creation, but I still have to decide how I want the visual to work. How I'd want it to work I'm not lucky enough to figure out (have the data printed into a text/label box of some kind).
But point being, I'm making progress. Maybe GB studio for a while is more my speed since I'm able to find stuff in that engine. I do need to figure out how to transfer my project to update GB studio engine since a new version came out.

it's been a few days since I posted here, had a few rough days but I'm feeling better now 😁

the halloween store is finally open and I found a few things in there that I would like to use for a cosplay! namely hooded robes, one is totally black and the other is purple and has little moon patterns on it. and since I have my own income now and it's a lot better than what I was making in college I can actually buy stuff for my halloween costumes, so yay!

a few days ago I started working on making a tail out of yarn. but it's not just any ordinary tail, it's a silver fox tail! I really want to do a cosplay of Sterling and it's unbelievably difficult to find a black fox tail that isn't stiff, isn't inappropriate, and/or isn't an actual fox tail (I know that silver foxes are often hunted for their pelts and it makes me really sad so I don't want that). I gave up and just decided to make my own, using the yarn method. it's going pretty well so far! I have more done than is pictured below, and it's taking forever to put together but I hope I can finish it soon! once it's done I just need to get some fuzzy black ears to wear with it :3
20220917-195559.jpg

a few days ago I finally got my last kacheek plushie, the blue one. so that means I now have a complete collection, with all seven different variations! now I need to give them all names :)
20220917-201512.jpg

finally found myself an animation software that I may be able to use, I don't know anything abt it yet though so it may be some time before I can actually do a test animation but I'm pretty excited for it!!

on the 14th I got a Douglas cocker spaniel plush from Goodwill! she's in fantastic condition and even still has the hang tag. this plushie would cost about $25 if bought directly from the Douglas website so this is def one of the best Goodwill finds yet!
I ended up naming her Tina bc she's wearing a white bandana with that name written on it. I don't believe the plush came with the bandana (couldn't find any online with a bandana) but I think it's a really cute edition!
20220914-225916.jpg

also on the 14th is when I went to get my allergy testing done. luckily only two major things came up on the test: allergy to ragweed, and allergy to guinea pigs (oddly enough). so the doctor recommended that I take an antihistamine and also use Flonase until the ragweed pollen season is over (aka when it starts to get really chilly outside). so I've been taking this combination of allergy medications for a few days, and I can happily say that the number of times I've had sinus pressure and headaches has dramatically decreased! there has only been one time I've had some pressure, and I was outside for a few hours and it was before I started the Flonase. but besides that I'm feeling much better! I'm surprised that I've developed this allergy bc I've never really had issues before, but I'm glad I pinpointed it and I can rest easy now without sinus pain 😌

idk when I'll start it but I'm thinking I may try to make a clay model of my Toucat, I would LOVE to have a little figurine of her 💞🥰

two things regarding my youtube channel:
1. my latest video (my commentary on Wii Party) has reached over 100 views! for reference, my second most viewed "Absolute Fool" video has about 24 views. so this is a huge deal for me!
2. I plan on recording my gameplay of Luigi's Mansion 3 either tonight or tomorrow morning (prob tomorrow bc I'm really tired lol) so that should be fun!!

(also need to mention that my SO is still amazing and I've been w him for almost 2 months now omggg)

edit: almost forgot to mention, I got a new hoodie today with Spongebob characters on it and I love it!!!

Last edited:
I’ve recently been playing Mario Party Superstars with my dad and it’s really fun. I’m average at best on most mini games, though, but I’m sure I’ll improve.
I had an early day at work today. I ended up getting food afterwards and saw my favorite person in passing. She walked right over to me before anything else and motioned me for a hug.
I’m working overtime this week and I’m all for the extra money.
I’m planning on getting some good sleep tonight considering I’m currently in a a great mood and this is the earliest I would have gone to sleep this whole week.

• I had a good appointment with my therapist today. She said I have a lot more insight now which is good.
  • I'm also working on improving my body image (have an eating disorder and have really bad body image)
  • My cats are super sweet, I love them so much
  • It rained today, a lot. I love rain, especially in the fall
  • I've been drawing a lot
  • Been practicing ukulele, trying to master another song in time for Christmas so I can put a video up on Facebook
  • Spent some time playing The Sims 4 today
  • Worked out today, 30 minutes on the treadmill, plus some weights and squats
  • I'm volunteering again next Tuesday, nervous because last time I volunteered a few weeks ago I had a panic attack during the shift but I'm going to push myself to go back again

Back