• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

I made it to Friday and now I have 3 days off 😌 I haven't had 2 days off in a row for a while so to have 3 days in a row is very exciting to me. The holiday event has also put me in a great mood lately and finally started to bring me in to the festive spirit this year. I should also mention my crazy raffle luck which I am delighted about!

I’m getting some morning shifts on my schedule. I only have one this week due to the holidays and the store being closed, but I should have at least two next week.
I treated myself to some spicy chicken tenders with sweet heat sauce from Popeyes. They were delicious and paired surprisingly well with my favorite soda.
I'm nervous about this upcoming week (not related to work), but I'm managing my emotions well in spite of it. My favorite person was comforting me last night. I wasn't that worried so her level of concern wasn't needed, but I appreciated it. I was more excited to see her.

I submitted my item for the Holiday Hundred Hunt, which was an excellent excuse to bake a strawberry shortcake! 🍰 It's been absolutely ages since I've had one, and was my first time working on one myself! I'm looking forward to having another piece tomorrow hehe
Watched GeminiTay's final episode of Secret Life with my family! It's a shame it's wrapping up, but at least we'll be able to start catching up on everyone's Decked Out runs in Hermitcraft again soon.
Continued my playthrough of Dragon Quest Builders! I wasn't a big fan of the wood wall blocks, but I think they're starting to grow on me now that I'm mixing them with logs and hardwood for the wall around the city. Also starting to work on planting an outer wall of trees to act as a shield because drohls started launching poison blobs OVER my wall. Clever. Veeeeerrrryyy clever. And where the floor's earthen I'm trying to replace the sickly witchgrass with some livelier-looking green grass/mossy dirt. Especially considering all the poison saturating the environment, I'm not sure the purple grass is really healthy to be around tbh
I've gotten some lovely Christmas Lights from a couple more users, and a cute little Gingerbread Man from Xara!! ;w;

Saturday, December 16, 2023
  • Got up early, played some ACNH.
  • Pandapples edited my 'North Pole Ornament' entry and it has been accepted. Now, I'm up-to-date with all my entries! Also, found the 2nd reindeer last night. I would never have got them without the hints from other members, so thank you to everyone who posted hints! I will probably have another headache tomorrow thanks to LadyDestani! :ROFLMAO: In all honestly, the clues were very clever!
  • Looked through some of the entries this morning. There are a lot of extremely talented members here!
  • Blossom loved searching for pepperoni. Unfortunately, she can't use her puzzle toys wearing the cone, so we got a tough open ended tube and put some pepperoni in it. Even after she got the pepperoni out, she kept licking the tube for the flavour! I've promised her a very long walk around the neighbourhood when she allowed to so she can see all of the Christmas decorations!

Got spoiled today. My girlfriend bought me gifts while we were out shopping and then treated me to dinner from one of our favourite takeout places. 🥰

20231216-151548.jpg

Loch Ness Monster bath bomb, madras cheddar cheese, and a Lego set that we are going to do together. Plus a Lego gift card to buy another set for myself later.

This counts as my Christmas gift, of course. 🎄

- Finished vacuuming & cleaning floors
- Put up a Christmas tree
- Went out for lunch with my husband
- Finished Christmas shopping
- Finished wrapping the remainder of the gifts
- Got very exciting news today about my work status! :)
- Video call with my mom, dad, and brother
- Saw a lot of cute dogs (and got to pet a few) at the local dog park

Always happy about productive days 🥳

The last few days have been crazy busy and I had been feeling out of sorts and a little blue . I really appreciate those that sent me Christmas lights you really brightened my days and I’m so happy to have them. Thank you so much .

I am happy to have today off even though it was storming and we didn’t get a walk today. It was still a good day .

Was able to get all my Christmas gifts wrapped . This next week will be insanely busy with work and mom’s appointments plus her surgery. I found out there is a new book in the series my mom is reading so I ordered her that and got more treats for Aurora. They should be here Thursday.

I started playing Palia and really enjoying it. I have been exploring more then anything else. I also played Pokémon Arceus and finally after several tries caught Tornadus and Thundurus.

We celebrated my mom’s birthday today and had a great time with family. She was feeling better so we celebrated early. It was a great night.
Hope everyone has a great week .

Watched an episode of Fairy Tail and Hunter x Hunter this morning with my family!! We're on the last opening/ending theme for Fairy Tail now so I know there's not many episodes left aaaaa
Also chilled out with some Youtube for a bit, and we also saw Grian's Secret Life finale!
I spent a ton of time playing Dragon Quest Builders today too—I'm very happy with how Rimuldar is coming along! ^^ I've got the wall finished and the last of the trees around the perimeter are growing in, all the witchgrass is gone/replaced with nice green grass, there's some lovely vegetable patches, and I've been putting some other decorations around as well.

I got some presents early! (I would post pics but they're too large for the server)

I got a kirby plush, a bubble tea plush, a caterpie plush a mew plush, a hammock looking thing for my plushs, a new duffle bag (my old one was falling apart), custom painted zelda shoes, a sketchbook (a good big one) and an art set

- Got some major work done on a (tricky) essay last night and feel like I have a decent plan now, just need to find some more good sources and write everything up! I'm happy I wrote the first part of that assignment last month too, so I just need to focus on my essay.

- Had an enjoyable day off, ate some yummy food! I had a homemade scone with jam and chai tea, oats w/ protein yoghurt and a bunch of toppings, and homemade chicken korma. Also had a couple of the knopper bars I bought from Germany with my coffee today 😋

- Today really felt like the first big rest I've had in like a week, it's been pretty non-stop! Luckily I have just one shift at work and then another day off in the next few days :) (although after that I will be swamped with work until christmas)

Sunday, December 17, 2023
  • Found Reindeer #3 and #4 quite quickly! Initially when I saw there was a ‘Reindeer Roundup’, I thought I wouldn’t bother as I was terrible at the Easter Egg Hunt, but I really threw myself into the reindeer hunt and I am really enjoying it! I can’t wait until the next batch of clues!
  • Today was just one of those perfect days. It only matters who you are with. ❤️
  • Got some paperwork sorted out, still have a little to do but hopefully will have it completed over the next few days.
  • Blossom has still been on top form! I think she has been acting 'The Diva' the past week! As of this morning, with less than 24 hours to go to - hopefully having her fashion accessory removed - she has decided she can eat by herself! Despite me hand feeding her for over a week! :ROFLMAO: She has also had a great playtime with her toys even pulling them out from the basket herself, again appearing as if she couldn’t since her surgery!
@LadyDestani I think I've found a stray reindeer? :ROFLMAO: 🦌
20231217_091325-min.jpg

I have the next three days off. I started this morning off with lots of cleaning, and I have an upcoming Mario Party Superstars session.
I have some time to watch anime today. I'm not sure which one I'd like to watch, though, but I think I know where to start.
This is more of a made/ruined, but I'm happy about moving soon. It's going to be a new place but I'm nervous about the process.

I think I've found a stray reindeer?
Blossom does not look happy. Poor girl can’t even take those antlers off because of the cone. How dare you use that as an opportunity. 😂

Blossom does not look happy. Poor girl can’t even take those antlers off because of the cone. How dare you use that as an opportunity. 😂
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Oh she managed to get them off! That picture was the 4th attempt! She only stayed still because I was holding a slice of pepperoni at the back of the camera! I think she dreams of pepperoni and cheese!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sunday, December 17, 2023
  • Found Reindeer #3 and #4 quite quickly! Initially when I saw there was a ‘Reindeer Roundup’, I thought I wouldn’t bother as I was terrible at the Easter Egg Hunt, but I really threw myself into the reindeer hunt and I am really enjoying it! I can’t wait until the next batch of clues!
  • Today was just one of those perfect days. It only matters who you are with. ❤️
  • Got some paperwork sorted out, still have a little to do but hopefully will have it completed over the next few days.
  • Blossom has still been on top form! I think she has been acting 'The Diva' the past week! As of this morning, with less than 24 hours to go to - hopefully having her fashion accessory removed - she has decided she can eat by herself! Despite me hand feeding her for over a week! :ROFLMAO: She has also had a great playtime with her toys even pulling them out from the basket herself, again appearing as if she couldn’t since her surgery!
@LadyDestani I think I've found a stray reindeer? :ROFLMAO: 🦌
Blossom is truly a Christmas miracle. ❤️ She has blessed us all! Definitely my favourite reindeer! 😭💗❤️💖

I'm honestly too tired to write much in here right now, but I'm happy about a few things for sure:

I very much appreciate all the love and care and attention that my friends have given me over the last week. been doing a lot of self-reflection and re-evaluating and it can get overwhelming, trying to carry myself through all of this heartache is a lot so I'm thankful to have had a bit of help with that. I have some really amazing friends 🥺💞

I finally managed to transcribe the opening piano solo for "Harbor Lights", now I'm just practicing it so that I can hopefully get it down well enough to upload to my piano thread.

I'm feeling some discomfort and anxiety today, but I'm being mindful of it and letting it have its place. nothing is forever and I know this will pass, it's difficult but emotions are what make us human. I'm just trying to take it easy and do some things I enjoy, like playing piano and drawing. 💕

I need to say that I am infinitely grateful for those who have been thinking about me this holiday season, whether or not they've sent me christmas lights. I feel bad that I haven't really sent any, I'm pretty much completely TBT broke (all I have is in my sidebar). but I want to shout-out all the people who have sent me lights, you guys are so sweet and your messages have really brought me so much happiness. my heart is full 🫶💓

Back