• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

Saw this huge flock of some really cute, teeny tiny little birds on our morning walk!! I think they thought we were chasing them because they all kept flying just a little bit ahead of us lol 😭
Aside from the cute birdies I was having a bit of a rough morning, so inspired by all the cute screenshots Xara's been posting, I downloaded and started playing Usagi Shima!! It's super adorable and I've already met so many bunnies and collected so much just popping in for a few moments throughout the day ;w; I think my favorite bunny is Tiger, but Button and Tomo are really cute too!
IMG_5991.PNG

there's nine more bunnies below this btw! just haven't met any of those yet
also hoping Tiger comes back and doesn't just show me his butt next time. rude.
IMG_5987.PNG
I started the third chapter of Dragon Quest Builders today! The theme of the villagers so far in this one has had me cracking up a little haha
We got to watch SmallishBeans' Secret Life finale this evening!
And I've managed to find all the reindeer so far in the Christmas event! Just three more to go. Also happy that we're over halfway towards completing the scavenger hunt, and are less than twenty entries away from unlocking the Moon Bunny fragment!! 💪

I sent out some more Christmas lights, and thoroughly enjoyed my three consecutive days off. I still have the rest of today, too.
I had something today called a fire burger. It had pepper jack cheese, some special sauce I haven't had before, and jalapenos. It was really good.
Keagan loved his new lambchop toy. He was a little overwhelmed by the size at first and had trouble picking it up, but he's been having fun tearing chewing it up.
IMG_3652.jpeg

• Went to a cosy Christmas gathering last night. We ordered Chinese takeout, drank wine, exchanged gifts, and had an all-around lovely time.
  • I crashed at the host's house after and overslept. I didn't wake up until afternoon! When I said I still needed to finish making gingerbread and deliver it by 5PM, he offered to come over and help. I made the dough yesterday so that saved us some time. Between us we cut, baked, and packaged 60+ cookies and got them delivered on time!
  • I've received a text message saying that the gingerbread and strawberry cupcakes (prepared yesterday) are going down extremely well with the guests! Due to the time crunch I don't have any photos of the gingerbread but here are the cakes I swiped for the party last night. 😂
  • 20231218_174406.jpeg
  • Knowing that I bake, my mate kindly got these for me. I won't lie the second I saw them I wanted to show @Mick! I'll need to pick up some more blue and green food colouring before I use them.
  • 20231219_175553.jpeg
  • I'm home alone tonight so I'm going to take the time to relax ahead of a job interview tomorrow morning. :blush:

Oh, and if anyone saw my previous post about my partner buying us a Lego set to do together a few nights ago - here is the result! We made it into a date night with takeout from her favourite restaurant followed by a film.
20231216_212025.jpeg

Monday, December 18, 2023
  • I received my Fahlo Penguin tracking bracelet in the post this morning. My penguin is called Regina, and she is much more active on the tracker than Barbara. I do like my penguin, but I’ll have a soft spot for my Polar Bear, Barbara!
  • Blossom was on cloud nine after having her cone removed. I wouldn’t like to say how many treats she’s had! Also, got her routine prescription, so that will save a trip back to the vets.
Tuesday, December 19, 2023
  • Stayed in bed a little longer this morning, as I had a really early start yesterday morning.
  • Found reindeer #5 and #6! Really looking forward to next round, I’m going to be sad when ‘Reindeer Roundup’ ends.
  • I went to charge my old iPad Mini last week and it was somehow stuck on Activation Lock. I finally found my proof of purchase at the weekend and filed a support claim with Apple. I got a confirmation email this morning informing me they had approved my claim and when I went to use it, it was unlocked!
  • Thank you to everyone who sent Blossom well wishes! 🥹
  • @xSuperMario64x is one of the sweetest members. 🫶They really put a smile on my face. I always knew Bug was kind, but they really touched me today. ❤️
Screenshot_20231219_194348_Gallery-min.jpg

Keagan loved his new lambchop toy. He was a little overwhelmed by the size at first and had trouble picking it up, but he's been having fun tearing chewing it up.
Oh my goodness! Keagan is adorable!:love:

• Knowing that I bake, my mate kindly got these for me. I won't lie the second I saw them I wanted to show @Mick! I'll need to pick up some more blue and green food colouring before I use them.

They're perfect! I'm going to need an update when you have pictures of the end result 🛸🌟

☃︎ Melanie Martinez released the music video for her song “Tunnel Vision” today!!!!! It’s one of my favourite songs off of her Portals album, so I’ve been eagerly waiting for the music video! It was so visually beautiful, I loved it so much! It’s gotten me even more pumped for seeing her live next June (which I’m still in disbelief over)!! ✨

☃︎ My mom had a nice 56th Birthday! She got her hair cut, which made her feel good, a few of her favourite treats from the store, and we had yummy Chinese food for dinner! 🎉

☃︎ My grandfather sent me an unexpected Christmas gift! He sent me $100, which I am very grateful for! I’m not sure what I’m going to spend it on yet (maybe some of the games I’ve been eyeing? 👀), but I’m happy!

☃︎ I made the Pillsbury snowman sugar cookies that I bought yesterday! A few of them got a little burnt on the bottoms, but otherwise they turned out good, and are very tasty! I’m very pleased! 🍪⛄☺️
Please ignore the tear in the paper and the squashed cookie LOL, those were accidental. 😅
IMG_5027.jpeg

☃︎ I found reindeers #5 and #6 for Reindeer Roundup last night! 💪🏻🦌 I didn’t think I’d be able to find them until today with how foggy I was yesterday, but I was actually able to find them relatively quickly!

☃︎ My dad received a package/Christmas gift from the company of one of the Facebook games he plays, and he gave me the mug that he received! I personally don’t play the game, but the mug is rather cute! He also got a stocking, a candle, and a plushie of one of the game’s characters (which he gave to my mom)!
IMG_5028.jpeg

☃︎ I’m wary of trying new foods, especially seafood (I’m emetaphobic and anxious and am always terrified of getting sick xjsidndhbc), but I decided to try torpedo shrimp for the first time today! It’s from a trusted place and is breaded (though the tail is sticking out 🥲), so I was hoping that it’d be an easy one to try. It wasn’t bad at all! The soft, floppy texture threw me off a bit when I first picked it up, but taste-wise it was good! It wasn’t fishy at all, and I eventually got used to the texture! I’m not sure if I’d have it again just because I don’t think I’m a seafood girly lol, but I’m really proud of myself for trying it!

Also at the market there were a bunch of cool art stalls. I took a picture of this one, because I thought @Xara would like it!
Oh my goodness that is the politest axolotl I have ever seen, thank you for taking a picture for me!!!! 🥹🥹💕 This makes me so happy!!

I’m so happy that you had fun on your holiday! All of the critters you got to see are so adorable; I’m so jelly that you got to see a red panda!! ❤️ The sharks are so cool as well! I completely understand the feeling guilty part, but never feel guilty for gaining a cool new experience, and doing something that you wanted to do. You deserve to have fun!

Aside from the cute birdies I was having a bit of a rough morning, so inspired by all the cute screenshots Xara's been posting, I downloaded and started playing Usagi Shima!! It's super adorable and I've already met so many bunnies and collected so much just popping in for a few moments throughout the day ;w; I think my favorite bunny is Tiger, but Button and Tomo are really cute too!
View attachment 525902
there's nine more bunnies below this btw! just haven't met any of those yet
also hoping Tiger comes back and doesn't just show me his butt next time. rude.
View attachment 525903
Ahhh I love to see this!!! Isn’t Usagi Shima so adorable? 🥹 It’s brought me so much happiness this past week, I hope it does the same for you! I love when the bunnies are butt-out in their toys hehe, it’s so cute!

I hope you had a better morning today, Meri. You know I’m always here if you need to talk. 🥹🫶

Keagan!!!!!!!! I was just thinking about him the other day, I’ve missed seeing his sweet face!! 🥹🥹 I’m so happy he‘s loving his new toy!

It's early enough that I can still get some good sleep tonight despite having to wake up early tomorrow.
I watched a few Amtrak train videos along with some about the Greyhound bus, because I am easily amused by those topics.
Keagan managed to pose for a few pictures and I wanted to share some of the good ones of the best boy. I had to split into two spoilers because I cannot seem to fit more than one picture within a spoiler without it somehow glitching. He's protecting that lambchop like it's food, lol.
IMG_3656.jpeg
IMG_3654.jpeg

I’m still really struggling but there is still some things that have made me happy 🙂.

Today my mom decided that we’ll go to the pet store and grocery shopping on thursday; I still don’t want to go but the delay is appreciated 🙂.

Been really enjoying Genshin; can barely put it down 😅, well except when there is maintenance like there is now lol

I crafted a cat tower in Genshin 🙂; I also caught two cats. The other one I caught was a white one ☺️. I feel guilty every time I go to the game’s cat cafe now since I used the net on a cat outside the door there 😅. The tower is kinda glitchy though; the cat will stand up sometimes and its legs look like they’re inside the tower. I just bought another cat themed furniture recipe and am crafting it 🙂.

20231219032648.png

I finished a really annoying quest today less than 30 minutes before maintenance 🙂. The questline was extremely interesting but the damage from environment was rough 😵 and the puzzle was tough.

Yesterday I caught an ornamental rustic koi; I’m really happy how it looks in my pond 🙂. I love collecting furniture items; I hope they introduce a storage system or bank since I’m a huge hoarder and I can already see it eventually happening— my bag space filling up to max with furniture 😅 and since it takes so long to craft these items or to obtain if not craftable, it is a waste to discard or sell them if I’m not using them. Plus I might end up using the item latrt.

I unlocked the tcg recently in the game. I think I kinda like this much more than Hearthstone 🙂; I wish they had card packs and more cards to collect but it’s still a lot of fun and much easier to understand. I love the cats in the cat cafe and Prince. ☺️

I’m doing a little better right now than I was earlier. Just thinking about Genshin and the stuff I’m excited about or happy about while typing this is helping distract me and calm me down. Reading this thread and seeing everyone’s good news and/or pet pictures too brings much needed cheer 🙂.

• Yesterday I got to have a very chill first day back, and rest my legs I did a lot of walking the past week
  • I started Genshin Impact! My friends have been trying to get me to play it for yearss but I've never had the time, but after finishing totk I decided to use the story-driven rpg-shaped hole in my heart as motivation to start! Been enjoying it so far, I like talking to the different characters!
  • Made my Classified Celebrations entry! Decently happy with how it turned out.
  • Went out to the shops briefly in the evening to pick up my partner's Christmas present!
  • I forgot to say in my post yesterday, but just before I left for holiday, my cousin who I'm close with got back from their year-long trip in the UK!! It's nice to have them back, and I'm seeing them tomorrow 😊
  • Just before they got back, I went into their room and stuck twilight posters everywhere as a prank! Years ago, I said yes to taking this massive Jacob poster because why would I say no when someone offers you that, and I decided to hang it up in their room, but then I decided to take it further and I hid a bunch of mini Edward and Jacob faces around their room 😭 They're gonna be finding them for months. These were some of my more obvious, but favourite spots:
    small jacob.jpg
    small jacob 2.jpg
Oh my goodness that is the politest axolotl I have ever seen, thank you for taking a picture for me!!!! 🥹🥹💕 This makes me so happy!!

I’m so happy that you had fun on your holiday! All of the critters you got to see are so adorable; I’m so jelly that you got to see a red panda!! ❤️ The sharks are so cool as well! I completely understand the feeling guilty part, but never feel guilty for gaining a cool new experience, and doing something that you wanted to do. You deserve to have fun!
Awww thank you so much Xara 😭💚
I got really lucky with the red panda actually, it was asleep when I first looked in its enclosure, but decided to double back for a second look before we left, and it got up and was jumping around 😭 so cute

I’m happy that I had today off. It was a good day that went by to fast. Mom had a Dr appointment and that went well. Everything is set for Thursday.
Me and Aurora had a nice walk and she got to play with her friend.
Was able to play some Palia this afternoon and started to get better at fishing and bug hunting.
My cousins son had a hockey game this evening. Was happy to actually get to go to a game. They started their playoffs and won 10-2.
Spent the evening relaxing with Aurora.
55C72A2F-E0F8-48BD-A236-200C086FE3FC.jpeg

I'm happy that I'm basically half way through the week since I am off this Friday through Monday which means I get to have an extra long weekend. I plan on relaxing, spending time with my family and just doing Christmas-y things.

I also pulled Navia from Genshin today, I'm really excited that I didn't wipe out all my primos trying to get her so I could build my primogem count for miss Raiden. I also picked a really good weapon for her since I will not be pulling on any of the weapon banner at this time. I have some artifacts that are decent for Navia as well. (not her 1st recommended relics, but her second which are still good choices.)

Ahhh I love to see this!!! Isn’t Usagi Shima so adorable? 🥹 It’s brought me so much happiness this past week, I hope it does the same for you! I love when the bunnies are butt-out in their toys hehe, it’s so cute!

I hope you had a better morning today, Meri. You know I’m always here if you need to talk. 🥹🫶
It is ridiculously cute ;w; I'm glad to hear that!! It's been a perfect little serotonin boost for whenever I have just a couple minutes to spare
And thank you Xara ;v;💙 I'm doing a lot better now I think! Honestly, I'm a little embarrassed to admit it but I think it was just that I exercised too much on an empty stomach—being hungry and tired makes me all weepy LOL. After Usagi Shima and getting something to eat I was basically fine again aslfkjsdkls
I'm glad you got to enjoy the Pillsbury snowman cookies too, they look great! ⛄
--

Our torbie kitty snuggled with me for a little while today!! ;v; She never minds attention, but she rarely asks anyone other than my dad to hold her, so that was nice! Also our tuxedo kitty, Rat, was being extra ridiculous during playtime ahahaha
I met several more bunnies in Usagi Shima (including Dotty and Kinoko!!), unlocked the beach, and bought a koi pond (along with several other normal-carrot decorations hehe)! Also happy that I've already made acquaintances with Tiger and Button, as well as a few other buns!
IMG_5992.PNG
IMG_5993.PNG

IMG_6007.PNG
IMG_6003.PNG

IMG_6002.PNG
IMG_6009.PNG

IMG_6001.PNG
IMG_6008.PNG
I helped wrap Christmas presents! We're still waiting on the last few to come in later this week, but we're caught up with wrapping for now at least!
Also played further into Chapter 3 of Dragon Quest Builders, and rescued Barbella!
After Christmas last year we had to throw out our Christmas tree because it was literally falling apart, and I'd pretty much accepted that we weren't going to be able to have a tree this year for a few reasons. But I guess my mom sensed that I was feeling a little bummed out about that, because I came out of my shower this evening to this 😭 I love our "tree"!!
IMG_5997.jpg

I passed my presentation!!! I’m so happy it’s over with. I have a couple more lectures tomorrow and then we are OFFICIALLY in the Christmas holidays 🥳🥳 (not including my shift Saturday haha)

I really enjoyed listening to others presentations and just want to reflect on how far I’ve come. I still dislike public speaking but have made a lot of progress when compared to my first year. I’m hoping the grades I get back from my assignments will help boost my confidence a little, and if not… at least I’m still here & trying my best 🙂

I didn’t sleep well last night because of worrying so I’m going to get cosy in bed with my book and have a little afternoon nap!

- Work went okay today, I got to go home at a relatively decent time too, have a bath, eat dinner, and drink coffee while watching anime :)

- I don't start until 12:45pm tomorrow, so I can sleep in and have lunch at home 😋

- Lately I've been enjoying making travel plans for 2026 haha, it seems silly to plan so far in advance for some things, but the things I want to do actually require a good amount of planning since I'll be gone for such a long time (nearly a year I think).

So contrary to what I thought, the bowling place we went for the field trip wasn't the one that's close to my house. It was still fun.

- We got to go bowling, and I went with my three other main friends who also went. I'm not really that good at it, but I wasn't in 4th place on the second round because I tied. After 2 rounds, we went to the other part of the building.

- That part was an arcade. At first we played laser tag, which was pretty intense. Then we just played arcade games, which was also really fun.

I'm pretty happy with what happened. I got to miss a lot of the school day, and the only downside is having to do that work later.

Wednesday, December 20, 2023
  • My doctor surgery did authorise my repeat prescription! I was worried they wouldn’t release it as I hadn’t been able to get a blood test for several weeks due to staff shortages. Hopefully, I will be able to get one booked in for after the holidays.
  • Bought some more Christmas presents for Blossom. Ordered a Christmas Teddy for her aswell, it’s due to arrive tomorrow. Just got to wrap the presents now!
20231220_165441-min.jpg
  • I’ve been craving Tizer for a few months, so when browsing on Amazon, I found they were selling 24 cans. Should arrive tomorrow aswell!
  • I was in a shop that I don’t go into all the time, and I was luckily enough to find Animal Crossing Pez dispensers! I am happy that I managed to get the whole set: Tom Nook, Isabelle and K.K. Slider!
20231220_182618-min.jpg

I feel incredibly good today!

- Found a hairstylist in the city and had my first cut since moving. I've never had a better haircut - super happy with the results, and the stylist was awesome to talk with
- Potentially getting a new puppy in a week! 😭Confirmed the visit today to go and see her on December 26
- Talked with my mom
- Submitted some new job apps
- Found a few local groups that give me a more positive outlook on living in the city, including a book club in my area that I'm excited to jump into next month
- Ate a couple of chocolate pretzels

Back