• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

I've reached the end of my vacation! I had a TON of fun and got to see some things I had never seen before. Really excited to be back home. I'll leave the pictures in spoilers in case anyone's interested. 💚

Jacksonville from across the water
0wEupqY.jpg

Sunset in Tampa Bay
PjOm3b1.jpg

Our family dog here
MpwkAKT.jpg

Gifts my aunt got me
Bvd4osg.jpg

I took more pictures as well, but unfortunately not ones that I could share, haha. :p

I’m still pretty banged up after my wreck, but I’m luckily able to walk around. I went shopping today for last minute Christmas presents. I only needed something for my dads stocking, and I bought him a Metallica CD. I also bought my best friends some candy, and we’re having a little Christmas party tomorrow. I’m hoping to feel okay enough to go, and I think I’ll be good. I’m really happy today that I’m not as injured as I could’ve been in my wreck. ☺️

☃︎ My mom went out and got a few things for my stocking today, and she’ll maybe be going out again tomorrow to pick up some more things! I won’t know what these things are until Christmas obviously hehe, but I’m still very excited! ☺️🎁

☃︎ I’ve been having a lot of fun with the Naughty or Nice event! It’s been so fun throwing snowballs at and stealing presents from my friends and fellow tbt users and having them throw snowballs and steal presents back , I wasn’t expecting to have so much fun with this! Mainly started participating just for the gumdrops, but now I’m legitimately having a blast! ❄️ I’m also very grateful to everyone who has given me hot cocoa and tried to return my presents, even if my naughty friends don’t allow it for long. 😔✊🏻 wdym i’m also naughty?? i would never 😇

☃︎ I continued watching The Crown! It‘s been sad seeing the reenactment of Diana, Princess of Wales’ death and the aftermath (may she be resting in peace ❤️), but I’m curious to see how the rest of the final season will go.

☃︎ I submitted my Helper Outfits entry tonight, and it was accepted! I also think I finally 100% know what I want to do for my White Elephant Creations entry and how I want it to look, so I’m hoping to get started on it tomorrow! 🎨🐘

☃︎ I found reindeers #7 and #8 for Reindeer Roundup! #8 took me a little bit of time to find (turns out I was searching for the wrong keywords 🙃), but I was thankfully able to find it this afternoon! I’m bummed that there’s only 1 reindeer left to find, but this event has been so fun! @LadyDestani has done an incredible job hosting it. 💙

☃︎ Bonk blessed me with a cuddle earlier, before she went back to being silly. 🥹

I've reached the end of my vacation! I had a TON of fun and got to see some things I had never seen before. Really excited to be back home. I'll leave the pictures in spoilers in case anyone's interested. 💚

Jacksonville from across the water
0wEupqY.jpg

Sunset in Tampa Bay
PjOm3b1.jpg

Our family dog here
MpwkAKT.jpg

Gifts my aunt got me
Bvd4osg.jpg

I took more pictures as well, but unfortunately not ones that I could share, haha. :p
That sunset is absolutely gorgeous, thank you for sharing!! I’m so happy that you had fun and got to see some cool sights! 💚

I’m still pretty banged up after my wreck, but I’m luckily able to walk around. I went shopping today for last minute Christmas presents. I only needed something for my dads stocking, and I bought him a Metallica CD. I also bought my best friends some candy, and we’re having a little Christmas party tomorrow. I’m hoping to feel okay enough to go, and I think I’ll be good. I’m really happy today that I’m not as injured as I could’ve been in my wreck. ☺️
I’m so sorry to hear that you were in a wreck, that’s so scary… I can’t imagine how terrifying that must’ve been for you. I’m so glad that you’re okay and that your injuries aren’t as serious as they could’ve been, though. Sending you sm love, I hope you heal up soon. 🫂❤️‍🩹

Today has been an exhausting day but still good . It started with an early work day . Was only half a day but got a lot done.
Mom’s surgery went well today. It was an outpatient surgery so not to complicated. She says she is a bit sore but feeling pretty good.
She was able to get the stitches from her last surgery out . They said it looked clear so that area is now clear of cancer. We go back on Jan 2nd to get the new stitches out and decide what the next steps are
My cousins son had another hockey game today. Since only 4 teams made the playoffs today was the championship game . It was a tougher game then the last but they won 5-2 and now have an undefeated season. So proud of him and his team.
Was able to get Aurora her evening walk and she got to play with her friend.
The next days will be crazy busy with working a lot. So excited to have Monday and Tuesday off. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

I became besties with Daisy, Celeste, Peaches, and Taro in Usagi Shima, added an onsen, bubble tea shop, and shrine to my island, and met Poppy and Mofu for the first time!! I've been feeling a little overwhelmed with Christmas right around the corner, but the bunnies have been a lovely break from all that stuff. ;w; Edit: forgot to mention I also unlocked the hat seller today!! I've had so much fun dressing up the bunbuns aaaa
With Secret Life wrapped up, my parents and I have started catching up with GeminiTay's Decked Out Phase 6 runs!! And apparently, Hermitcraft Season 9 ended while we weren't looking. Oops.
All the relatives' presents have arrived!! Now all that's left to do is wrap them and we'll be all set. (y)

Last edited:
- One of my favorite anime characters has a new (gorgeous) figure up for pre-order
- Did a bit of reading
- Received a potentially promising lead from a recruiter for roles in my field
- Walked along the water and enjoyed a local holiday/winter event space
- Had some delicious ice cream
- Had stir-fry 💜

- I'm back home now! I don't enjoy flights even though I've flown many times growing up, but thankfully it was a smooth ride (taking off and turbulence are my least favorite things). 🏠

- My kitty came to greet me when I got home and I pet her a bunch. 🐱 🥰

- The Dallas Stars beat the Vancouver Canucks 4-3 in overtime last night!! I was worried about the outcome since just a season or two ago the Stars were bad in overtime, but they seemed to have picked it up this year. Back in 1st place in the NHL Central Division for now. 🏒 💚

- Looking forward to Christmas very much and I'm glad I still have a few days off before I have to go back to work. :blush:

One more day and then I'm off for a bit. I wish it was today...but I can do it. It's just one more day. That's what I keep telling myself lol.

I found this ornament of Jake from Adventure Time. I used to have Finn's. I have no idea what happened to it. Now I just need to either find it or hunt a reasonably priced one on Ebay or something.

74e9301784b06575bf67678f85ed7b0a.jpg

I made some progress on a story I have been writing. I really like what I have wrote up so far. Sometimes I have to proofread it a bunch of times before I am pleased, but I think I nailed it on the first drafts.

Going to set aside some time tonight to get working on the other Christmas events. I don't have a lot of stupid pressing and hectic matters to deal with like I normally do so I have all the free time tonight to do whatever I want and relax before work.

Roxxy gifted me coal with a nice message. It was really sweet of her! I really wanted that collectible.

- I got a few last minute gifts for my mom and for my partners stocking.
- me and my sister will see my parents on Christmas eve for dinner
- my partner and I bought an air fryer for ourselves for Christmas. My partner insists on wrapping it even though we were both there when we bought it lol. Apparently we both gotta act surprised christmas morning

• I went to the cinema and saw Wonka this morning. That was my little treat to myself before we go away tomorrow to visit my partner's family for the holidays. A friend asked to join me for the film and I felt guilty telling him no but I needed that little bit of alone time. 😅
  • Afterward, I realised I hadn't wrapped my girlfriend's gift yet, so I went shopping and found the perfect wrapping paper:
  • FYI, she hates Minions. Yeah, I'm that guy. I can't wait to see her face Christmas morning. My mother called me juvenile when I sent her these photos but goddamn it I think I'm funny!
    20231222_230420.jpg
  • I didn't get all the housework that I wanted to done today, but I did clean Maury's tank, pruned his plants, and carried out maintenance on the houseplants. The living things are taken care of and that is what counts, right?
  • We ordered takeout for dinner to celebrate the job offer I received yesterday. I've not had much of an appetite lately but I completely demolished it. 😋
  • I had to skip a Christmas boardgame night with my friends due to being ill yesterday, but I gave my partner some homemade gingerbread to pass onto a mate who said he wanted to try it. He and his girlfriend both messaged me today to say how much they appreciated and enjoyed it. 🖤

I hope everyone has a magical weekend! The last one before Christmas, and the second last before the end of the year!! 🫨💖

☃︎ 70 items were submitted for the Holiday Hundred Hunt, and we unlocked the gorgeous Moon Bunny star frag!!!! 🎉🌟🤍 I might be a bit biased since I was the one to suggest it, but I’m really happy to see Stitch Blue finally get its moment in the fragment’s gradient! I was very much-so hoping for the fragment to have a blue/white gradient, and I certainly wasn’t disappointed! I’m holding off on buying mine for now, but I’m so, so excited to work it into lineups!!

☃︎ I started working on my White Elephant Creations art, miraculously finished it, and submitted it! It’s not the greatest art that I’ve made, but I still think it turned out okay! I like the idea I came up with for it, despite it not being the prompt I wanted, and I think the colours I used are pretty! Overall, I’m pleased, especially with the fact that I was able to finish it today! Now to just get to work on my All A Board entry, and I’ll be done with my creative entries for this event! ☺️🎨

☃︎ I earned Poppy’s keepsake in Usagi Shima; it was an adorable honey jar! I also completed the “The Bun Whisperer” achievement, the final one! I don’t think I’ll be playing much more now that I’ve become besties with all of the bunnies and completed every achievement, but I’ve had such a blast with it! I hope there’ll be more updates one day, with maybe more bunnies to meet, but I might work on properly decorating my island in the meantime. I don’t have the best track record with decorating islands though, (see: New Horizons), but we never know! 😂💕

☃︎ Continued watching The Crown! I’m more than halfway through the final season!

☃︎ Bonk cuddled with me earlier while I was working on my White Elephant Creations art, and again while I was watching The Crown. 🥹🖤
IMG_5070.jpeg

☃︎ I found the last reindeer for Reindeer Roundup! I’m a little embarrassed to admit that it took me longer than it should’ve to check where it ended up being, but in all honesty I always expect every clue for these types of events to involve me having to check threads from 10 years ago, turn on different kinds of notifications and settings, rub my tummy while patting my head all while spinning in a circle and hopping on one foot, etc etc. 😂😂 I’m sad that Reindeer Roundup is over now, but I had a lot of fun participating!

I saw that Taco Bell had those new mixed berry freezes so I just had to try one, and it was delicious. It combined blue raspberry and wild strawberry flavors.
Tomorrow is my first morning shift in over a month. I am also happy that I have another morning shift on my schedule for next week.
My mom loved her presents and I had fun with the cat. She has two cats but I get along better with this one. He's just so sweet and gentle. He never scratches.
IMG_3676.jpeg

Today I received the official form we use to request our vacation time slots for next year, and I have already filled it out and turned it in. That brings me one step closer to my eclipse vacation in April! I also noticed that as of today I have 100 days left until I leave for said vacation, meaning that tomorrow I finally enter the double digits in the countdown. It's getting closer and I can't wait!

I also noticed I was scheduled a shift that ends before midnight on December 31, which means I finally get to ring in the New Year at home rather than at the time clock at work!

I'm happy to be posting here again. The past week has been a little tough for me and I'm glad today has been really great!
Ferrari was released in theaters and I am so excited for it, because as a few of you know, I love car movies 🏎

Ford vs Ferrari, and Gran Terrismo are still some of my favorites. Also gonna be seen in my second and third part of my event, which I am eagerly planning.
Ooh, I should probably go check out Ferrari someday. I enjoyed watching Ford v Ferrari with my family when it was in theatres back in 2019. The sound and camera shots were amazing!

And for the Gran Turismo Movie, yeah, I enjoyed that too. The one scene that stood out to me the most is when Jann Mardenborough drove a slow lap around the Nurburgring with a Porsche 911 GT3 RS (992) after he got into a freak accident.

☃︎ Bonk was incredibly silly today, somehow even more so than usual, and I got to take some funny photos and videos of her as a result! My day started off on an anxious foot, but her silliness definitely made me feel much better and brightened my day significantly. ☺️✨ I love her so much!
indulged in catnip, must now do gymnastics
a432f2c3feecf9595cbde82de87fe8ed9fe32bf3.gif

i require a quick rest from turning myself inside out doing gymnastics in the kitchen. i am covered in catnip btw. also Xara had vacuumed the kitchen just 15 minutes before i decided to plop my catnip-covered self in it. you’re welcome :3
View attachment 526103

i have the munchies now, so my father has prepared me a snack. i am too high to remember how to use my legs right now though, so i will just dip my paw into my food and then lick it off like a buffoon. you cannot hear because this is a gif, but Xara is rudely calling me a “lazy cat” from behind the camera >:c
ecdb5c12a039fabf2cd650cf35a2934c6f1ca738.gif

and finally… time for a snooze. i have apparently forgotten how to lay on my pillow
View attachment 526102
Oh wow, we need you to share more bonk gifs in the future, Xara! Now we can really see how silly she can be. 🐱

--------

December 22, 2023
  • Work has been pretty chill and not very busy. It was just a bunch of oil changes and a tire swap from my end. In fact, I got to finish work early which I used the time to...
  • Do a bit of holiday shopping! I was eyeing something for the past few days and the item was getting low in stock which made me a little nervous wondering if I'll even be able to get it (I had a bit of trouble finding it in the first place too). I'm very happy to say that I successfully bought the item I needed! For those who are curious, it's a hand mixer for my mother. 😊 She's been cooking over the past month or so now and I'm sure she'd appreciate it hehe.
  • While I was walking around in the mall and went on an escalator, I noticed that the person in front of me had a progress pride heart pin on their backpack. 🏳️‍🌈
  • I got to buy a beef patty while I was shopping too and it tasted delicious! 😋 It was a little too hot even though I let it cool for a few minutes oops.
  • Catching up reading the happy posts in this thread. 😄
  • I listened to a bunch of music, and apparently some soundtracks from Gran Turismo 7 dropped on spotify and went through some of them. A few of them were remixed/remastered from their original versions which I did not expect with one that almost brought a tear to my eye. 🥹
It's All About You - Daiki Kasho
  • I made more progress in my drawing for Secret Santa! I requested for an extension just in case, but I'm still hoping to finish before Christmas eve. 🎄
  • The last point is that I'm off from work for four days straight. Now I can to relax some more and do what I want while doing some activities for the event! It looks pretty fun with people throwing snowballs at each other I'm looking at you, @/Merielle lol, and getting one of my collectibles stolen thanks to @/S.J. only to be returned to me by @/~Kilza~ not too long after. 😊I can already feel people retaliating against me throwing a kajillion snowballs and stealing all my collectibles. 🤣

Congrats on completing Usagi Shima @Xara !!! 🎉🐇 I really hope there'll be more updates too aaaa

Speaking of, I met Panko, Ebi, and Boo in Usagi Shima today, and became besties with a ton of bunnies, Tiger and Button included!! 🥹 I've invited those two to be residents on my island, but I don't know how I'm supposed to pick just one more permanent bunny!! I'm so torn between Daisy, Kinoko, and Moose ;u; I need at least five permanent bnuuys
I started working on my entry for White Elephant Creations and finished the sketch + lineart! I'm hoping I'll have time to finish it and come up with an entry for All A Board before the deadline with how busy things are going to be for Christmas ;v;
But! The Moon Bunny fragment was unlocked today thanks to our combined efforts, and I'm in love with the white/blue combo!! AND I was able to get all the collectibles I wanted from this event with gumdrops to spare!! I'm hoping there'll be an end-of-event raffle or two that I can pour these into hehe
I also managed to find all nine reindeer in Reindeer Roundup!
We watched some more of GeminiTay's Phase 6 runs of Decked Out in Hermitcraft! The double Warden encounter in one of her Deadly runs was so funny 😭 My mom and I also watched a bad Christmas movie later on, which is the reason why I'm posting this after 2AM my time asjdklfsdjfkdfl
And I also got to play Dragon Quest Builders for a bit! I've made some progress but I've gotta work on improving defenses; my wall isn't even tall enough for my liking yet, but also apparently the Knights Aberrant can crash right on through it regardless so uh... time to work on that

- I went shopping at Michaels for some arts and crafts to use for the North Pole Ornament Workshop. Can't wait to get started on it.
- Read a book and the plot is getting exciting.
- Had a yummy dinner.
- Completed part of the Spirit Temple in my second playthrough of LoZ: Ocarina of Time.
- Took a selfie with a sketch filter on Snapchat and I liked how it turned out. I might even use it as a reference for a portrait drawing.
David with Sketch Filter.jpg

Back