• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

Sunday, December 24, 2023

It's Christmas Eve!!!!!

• Got up early to finish off my final to do list! I gave Blossom a bath, the first one after her spay. I was really glad to get her all cleaned for Santa’s arrival! Also, got all her bedding, blankets, etc washed, dried and put away. She has been sitting beside me a lot on the sofa this evening! I think she’s on her best behaviour incase Santa doesn’t come. 😁 I don’t know if it shows, but I’m really excited about celebrating Blossom’s 1st Christmas with us. I may have gone overboard with presents for her, but I did start in September!
  • Watched some Christmas Eve traditions: The Snowman and Father Christmas.
  • I really enjoyed the new television adaptation of Mog’s Christmas this evening. Also, watching a documentary about Only Fools and Horses with new interviews with Sir David Jason! 😍
  • I had already bought and given my Dad Christmas gifts, as a thank you he told me he would like to order me another Fahlo Tracking Bracelet. I chose a Shark this time. He also bought me a diecast model of Cooter’s truck from The Dukes of Hazzard. Delivery is due early to mid January. It seems a long while due to the holidays, but all good things are worth waiting for!
  • Enjoying looking through the television listings in my double issue Radio Times which began yesterday. Another Christmas tradition, I always like a Radio Times!
  • Hollyoaks released their Festive boxset of 8 episodes on Friday. Only got three left to watch. I should have kept one for each day, but I couldn’t wait to see what happened to my favourite character!
  • Completed and submitted my All A Board entry, and it was accepted! Only got my White Elephant Creation to start now!
Screenshot_20231224_211952_Gallery.jpg

- Got some supplies for the (maybe) puppy on the 26th!
Oh my goodness, mar! Donut looks absolutely adorable! May I ask which breed is it? You do know that we will need to see lots and lots of pictures! 🥰

Oh my goodness, mar! Donut looks absolutely adorable! May I ask which breed is it? You do know that we will need to see lots and lots of pictures! 🥰
Sounds like you've had a successful day! Don't worry, Blossom, I have a feeling Santa will be very good to you on your first Christmas! 🎅

The breed is a longhaired dachshund! If we do end up coming home with her, there will most definitely be pictures!

This is the first Christmas not being with my family, so I'm having a bit of trouble. I'm still happy about:

- Finished cleaning the apartment
- Book for my book club next month arrived
- Having a warm bowl of oatmeal, and watching a movie under my blanket

My posters are finished! I got all three done and printed for Christmas gifts.

I wrapped all my gifts, and am in general ready for Christmas!

I work tonight, but I am so very happy that I have tomorrow off. I'm so tired, and what a perfect day to relax.

I get to play Toy Day tonight, but it's gonna be at like nine xD I hope everyone loves their Kid's Tents. Also are awake.

I got a Christmas gift from work a few days ago with a tone of different sweets, and a lovely card :)

I completed all my Christmas shopping this morning (granted they were all gift cards and I got some CDs for a friend so it wasn't like an excessive amount of shopping that needed to be done.) We also went to the grocery to get the stuff we need to make our Christmas stew tomorrow and our Christmas Cinnamon Rolls! I'm stoked that they hadn't run out of any of the things that we use for that.

It’s Christmas Eve . Happy Christmas Eve everyone. Hope everyone is having a great day.

Work has been complete chaos the last few days but still good . My assistant manager got everyone in our department lunch yesterday. Today we had our store lunch . They held a dessert contest. I didn’t enter as I didn’t have enough time to make something but my bestie won 1st place for her mini cheesecakes. I received an unexpected gift of candles from the manager and assistant manager from a different department for all the help I have given them this year when they needed it.
1A3DDF6E-9A25-42DB-B81F-4F1EC51DA313.jpeg
I was thankful to get out of work early enough to go to our churches candle light service . Excited for Aurora and mom to open their gifts tomorrow.

@themysterybidder i always go overboard when getting gifts for Aurora can never have too many.

Hope everyone has a fantastic night.

Merry Christmas Eve, lovely friends! Even if you don’t celebrate Christmas, I hope you have a wonderful night, and that tomorrow (or today if it’s already Christmas where you live) is beautiful for you. I’m grateful for all of you! ♥️

☃︎ I won a Purple Flower Glow Wand collectible from 12DoC!!!!! I’m honestly still at a loss for words to express just how astonished and grateful I am, but this has truly made my entire month! I was secretly hoping to win it on the 19th as that was my mom’s Birthday and purple is her favourite colour, so to end up winning it 5 days later is just… wow. 🥹 Today was a bit rough for me (nothing bad happened! I am just overstimulated and overwhelmed :’>), and this means more than I’ll ever be able to express. It’s been a hard couple of months, but I’m feeling so grateful and blessed right now; truly the best Christmas Eve present I’ve ever received! I can’t wait to show my mom the wand tomorrow! 🥹💜 I’m also so happy that so many dear friends won something tonight as well! The recoloured collectibles are so gorgeous, I’m so happy that all of them have a home now! Thank you again @Oblivia, you are the best 💜

☃︎ I started working on my All A Board art yesterday, and continued working on it today! I was hoping to be able to get it done today, but I think I’ll need another day or two, depending on how busy tomorrow is for me! It’s been a little frustrating working on it, but overall I’m pleased with how it’s turning out so far!

☃︎ I went out with my mom! We picked up some last-minute stuff we need for Christmas dinner and dessert, as well as some more gifts for Bonk hehe, and my mom surprised me by treating me to a smoothie from my favourite smoothie place before we went home! I tried a new flavour today, and while I didn’t like it as much as the flavours I normally get, it was still tasty and I’m very grateful that I got to try it + that my mom treated me! 🥹

☃︎ My White Elephant Creations entry was accepted! ☺️🎨

☃︎ I got a Christmas card from Bonk! My late cats all got me physical cards for my Birthdays, Christmas etc, so as silly as it probably is, it’s important to me that I get at least a few cards from Bonk as well. I know the card isn’t actually from Bonk and that it’s my mom who got it, along with all of the other cards, but with all the losses and changes I’ve endured over the last couple of years, I’d still like to keep some traditions. :’)

☃︎ The Holiday Candy Cane 2023 collectible is so cute!! I think the pink and white-striped candy cane looks so good with the goldish bow!! I don’t have mine displayed atm, but I’m looking forward to playing around with lineups with it! Such a pretty collectible! 💓

☃︎ Continued watching The Crown! I’ve made it to the final episode, though haven’t watched the whole thing yet. I wasn’t expecting Princess Margaret’s death to be included since I lowkey thought the final season would be solely focused on Diana’s death and the aftermath, nor was I expecting Princess Margaret’s death to make me as emotional as it did, but man… that episode hurt, LOL. The transition shot of Princess Margaret going from her younger self to her 71-year-old self saying goodbye was heartbreakingly beautiful. I’m kinda putting off watching the last episode since I don’t want it to be over, but this entire season has been so heartbreaking, beautiful, and respectful of the real life events. Definitely one of my favourite seasons!

☃︎ I came up with some new lineup ideas that I love last night! I haven’t played around with lineups in a bit, so it was really nice to do so! A few of the ideas I came up with are copium and not at all possible for me (at least not right now 👀), but they were still fun to make!! I can’t wait to come up with more ideas with my stunning new wand and candy cane! 🥹💓

Congrats on completing Usagi Shima @Xara !!! 🎉🐇 I really hope there'll be more updates too aaaa

Speaking of, I met Panko, Ebi, and Boo in Usagi Shima today, and became besties with a ton of bunnies, Tiger and Button included!! 🥹 I've invited those two to be residents on my island, but I don't know how I'm supposed to pick just one more permanent bunny!! I'm so torn between Daisy, Kinoko, and Moose ;u; I need at least five permanent bnuuys
aaaaa thank you!!!! Lowkey kinda bummed that I completed the game since I looked forward to checking in every day xjsknxjdnc, but I can still do that just to say hi to the bunnies at least. 💕 Hopefully we’ll get another update one day!

“at least five permanent bunnies” is so real omg… I was so distraught when I found out we can only have 3, like wdym I can only choose 3 of these precious bunnies to keep around permanently???? 😩 I ended up choosing Peaches, Boo and Yuki, but I also want Celeste and Moose so, so bad. 🥺 And Tiger!!!! And Kinoko!!! And-

This is the first Christmas not being with my family, so I'm having a bit of trouble. I'm still happy about:
Sending love and hugs, Mar. 🫶

My cat never chooses to sleep on me so I’m currently lying in bed (legs numb) trying not to move so he doesn’t get up. He chose me over my boyfriend. I’m the chosen one 🥹👸
IMG_0245.jpg
A fluffy baby!!!!!!!!!! 🥹🥹🥹 You legally cannot move or get up now until he does

I watched the newest episode of the dubbed Spy x Family. I'm really enjoying it.
I went out to eat at Olive Garden and tipped 50% on my order. The server was really nice and definitely deserved it. It made me feel good doing something like that.
I'm being paid early this week because of the holiday. My direct deposit should arrive sometime on Tuesday.
I got NHL 24 for the XBOX as an early present, so I will be playing that tonight.

aaaaa thank you!!!! Lowkey kinda bummed that I completed the game since I looked forward to checking in every day xjsknxjdnc, but I can still do that just to say hi to the bunnies at least. 💕 Hopefully we’ll get another update one day!

“at least five permanent bunnies” is so real omg… I was so distraught when I found out we can only have 3, like wdym I can only choose 3 of these precious bunnies to keep around permanently???? 😩 I ended up choosing Peaches, Boo and Yuki, but I also want Celeste and Moose so, so bad. 🥺 And Tiger!!!! And Kinoko!!! And-
Omg I was actually going to put this in my list of happies today, but apparently they're planning on increasing the number of possible resident bunnies to six in an update next year!! ;w; I think I'm gonna go with Moose for now as soon as we become besties, but oh man knowing about that update was a weight off my shoulders LOL—I think I'll add Daisy, Kinoko, and Mofu then!!

I spent Christmas Eve with my aunt!! She loved her presents (cat butt coasters and an ugly Christmas sweatshirt of caroling cats), and we got to hang out, play Jenga, and watch some Youtube!! We had really great food too and I finally tried hummus for the first time ever—and now I feel like I need to make up for the 25 years I never ate hummus ahahah. I spent most of the visit cuddling with her ridiculously affectionate cat (and occasionally catching sightings of her other two, much more standoffish cats lmao), and got some spending money from her as a Christmas gift!!
jolly boy.jpg
Also my parents gave me a couple of early Christmas presents—a knit froggy hat (which matches my eyes really well if I do say so myself!! ;v; ) and the Sitting Cuties Golurk plush!!! I love them both so much aaaaaaaaa
After we got home we watched last week's One Piece episode, the latest Spy x Family, and a few short Youtube videos!
I met Mugi in Usagi Shima!! That's all the bunnies met for now, so now I'm just working on befriending the most recent ones and continuing to decorate and add buildings!
This year's candy cane collectible is so pretty!! I love the pink and gold combo!
I think I'm gonna wind down for the evening with some Dragon Quest Builders ehehe!

Happy holidays everyone, and Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!! ❤️

Today was kinda tough for me, but I didn't really want to end it on a sour note, especially on Christmas Eve. For those who celebrate it (and also those who don't!), I hope you've had a wonderful day. :)

• My mom cooked some tasty chicken stir fry this morning. I really enjoyed it!
  • Played a tiny bit of Gran Tursimo 7 and getting to vibe the Christmas music in the menus for one last time before it returns to normal tomorrow.
  • I've made some more progress on my Secret Santa drawing. I've requested for an extension so I won't have to rush, but I really want to get it done asap. I'm still not done at the time of this post, but I'm making huge amounts of progress getting ever closer to completion!
  • I started chatting with @/Dunquixote on discord! I had a good time especially when she showed me a couple of pics of her cats. I appreciate her so much for being a great friend. 😸
Merry Christmas, everyone! I hope y'all sleep well tonight and get to open your gifts the next day with a smile (some of you may have already done this lol)!

Why yes, I've seen this car in real life lol. Who would've guessed?!?
Bay Quarter Yokohama _.jpeg

What happened yesterday on 12/23/23:
- I caught a shiny Darumaka in Pokémon Go. WOO-HOO this is the first shiny I caught in the game.
- Read a book in the afternoon.

What happened today:
- My sister came home from uni and brought Luka, so I've been spending time with both cats this Christmas.
Luka picture 2.jpg
Luna sleeping on my lap 2.jpg
- Listened to some music.
- Had a yummy dinner.
- Worked on a sketch and made some progress with practicing underpainting techniques.

-Around midnight, last night, I got the last character that I wanted from the Christmas banner in a gacha game.

-It was just my mom and I tonight, so we made champurrado (which didn’t come out too bad) and ate tamales.

-I watched the 60s movie Little Drummer Boy. It was all right. Idk why I was expecting more from a children’s movie.

-I had fun giving hot cocoa and returning stolen presents to people here on TBT.

-The candy cane collectible was released; and I finally obtained the moon bunny star fragment.

- I finished up all of my Christmas preparations last night, did some gift wrapping, wrote a card, cleaned up the house a bit.

- I also baked some brownies to take over to my aunt's house. They turned out great as always. I may or may not have had one for my christmas breakfast with some protein chocolate mousse 😅

- Got christmas texts from my two best friends 🥰

- I worked more on my essay last night and managed to finish the first part! Onto parts 2 and 3 which should be a bit harder to write lol

- Looking forward to seeing my extended family later. We used to spend christmas with them when i was a kid but had to stop because my grandparents couldn't host anymore. but my aunt kindly invited us over for dinner today 😄

- Doctor Who Christmas special!!! looking forward to watching it tonight when i get home

I made my cream of crab soup and ate some. I picked the meat and froze it back in summer when I caught all the crabs and just made the soup last night. It was really good.

I also made cinnamon buns. Those were also really good.

And sausage, egg, and bacon casserole, which I cooked and ate. I had a good Xmas breakfast.

@Mairmalade Donut is a lovely name and they are very cute! You got to show some pictures of her here or in the pet thread when you get her!

I managed to almost finish the story I've been writing.

I have off of work for some time now and I plan on doing just whatever the heck I want.

Merry Christmas everyone, I hope you've all been able to have a lovely day, celebrating or otherwise 😊🎄
  • I woke up this morning to see that I somehow won a silver star wand??? 😭 I'm still in disbelief, I think just used up all my luck for the next 10 years 🤣. But I've just been feeling so grateful and happy for it the whole day. As many people on here know, I've been on the hunt for a star wand for years now, so to finally get it and an objectively cooler variant , in a raffle- 😭 I just also am so grateful for all the kind people on here who reached out to me after the raffle winners were released, you guys made my day even better 💚
  • On a similar note, I was so happy to see some of the other winners today, so happy for you guys 💚 I can't wait to see the beautiful lineups!!
  • Despite being sick right now, I was able to have a lovely day with my mum's side of the family. Lots of delicious food and desserts, and hung out with my cousin and sibling for most of it! Spending Christmas with them is always special. My siblings seemed to really like their gifts which made me really happy 😊 picking gifts for people is one of my favourite parts of the season.
  • Also guilty but very grateful for the kind gifts I received from my family 💚
  • Ended the evening with some video games and a call!

• I survived the auntie (in-law) from hell.
  • I had so many compliments on the dishes I contributed to Christmas dinner and dessert. I've already been told I'm going to be in the kitchen next year!
  • We were doing a no gifts rule due to expensive medical bills this month, but I still received thoughtful little presents from my partner's parents, auntie, and grandpa.
  • I've a labrador asleep on my feet at the moment. 🥹
Happy Christmas folks. 🎄

Back