• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

My kitties played a few seconds together in the sushi house 🥰. spanky also slept in it throughout the day.

611C63D2-A737-45CB-96E2-90758208252D.jpeg

I something I was stuck in for awhile in Genshin and got to learn more about Raiden! I like her a lot more in some ways 🙂 and am really hoping I get her. So excited about her banner :).

Awww you do not have to be sorry, I love it when people take the time to acknowledge other people's posts 💕 💕 💕

* My body cream and body spray came in today, it's called "In The Stars" and it smells amazing. ✨✨✨ It is by the company Bath & Body Works, though I cannot order off of the actual site anymore right now, due to gift card issuers declining, so I ordered it from Amazon instead. Not only do I not have to worry about gift cards getting declined on Amazon (at least for now), but they deliver to your front door, so I do not have to rely on my dad to go to the mailbox (he prefers to only check it occasionally), since it is not a walking distance in my neighborhood; I can just get it myself. I am grateful that Jeff Bezos created such a godsend of a shopping website. Yeah, even when I get my a proper bank account, I am probably gonna do the majority of my online purchases on Amazon. I much prefer having my stuff delivered to my front door. <3333

* My friend @/AshtonDraws finished dropping off his items on my island and then he reset his island. He even gave me some cute pink things he had, since he knows that it's my aesthetic. 💖💕🌹🌸 I am happy for him because there are things he wanted to change that he couldn't without resetting (his character's name, his airport location and color, and the placement of resident services). Plus, it should be fun for him to playthrough the beginning again. I know I like to after not resetting for a while (which he had his first and previous island since 2020). Now I am looking forward to him getting his stuff back.

I myself also reset a few days ago for the following reasons
* My island was overrun with flowers, and I did not want to bother with the madness
* It is the beginning of a new year, so that alone gave me the urge to start anew
* I have a better idea of how to decorate my island. I don't remember my airport color from my previous island, but @/AshtonDraws suggested I reset until I got an orange airport, since it is close to red and matches one of the themes I am trying to go for (Valentine's Day). Similarly, he reset to get his desired airport on his first try. He is planning on doing a icy/wintery theme for his island, so he wanted a blue airport to go with the color scheme and theme. His previous island's airport was yellow
I also reset my New Leaf town a few days ago for the second reason listed above, and to take my sweet time with my museum, so my villagers are not so frustrating to track down. I WILL eventually start donating stuff, but I am planning on waiting until later this year.

Last edited:
- Booked all of my hotels for Singapore and Malaysia today (I noticed the hotels I wanted were getting fully booked already so had to take action 😥), I'm pretty happy I managed to get some good hotels for decent prices, to the point where I'm under-budget a little. Singapore is expensive but Malaysia less so. I made sure to pick hotels with free cancellation + no prepayment options just in case ✌️

- Treated myself to some chilli cheese fries for dinner, my fav 😋

- Booking Amsterdam with my friend tomorrow when we meet up for lunch 😁

We are going to buy a new vacuum cleaner today after the old one caught fire before Christmas, the house is so dusty, with Christmas glitters everywhere, that I can't stand it anymore, I never thought that I would be so happy to get a vacuum cleaner before, the past me would be surprised.

• A few weeks ago I was verbally offered a new job and I accepted, but I was told I wouldn't hear further or receive the contract until after the Christmas break. No bother. I've not worried about it at all over the holidays. Then this morning I woke up to the phone ringing. It was the new workplace calling to let me know that something had happened, but it might benefit me. "Benefit" is an understatement. I'll spare the details and just say the outcome involved me accepting a very similar role with slightly different conditions (more preferable, actually), resulting in a substantial pay increase and much better perks. I'm very excited!

• We celebrated the news with dinner from one of our favourite restaurants.

• I started playing Devil May Cry 5 before Christmas and I couldn't get into it. I figured maybe the game just wasn't for me. Last night I couldn't sleep so I gave it another go and I'm now enjoying it! Well, if we call begrudgingly traipsing through the levels where I'm forced to play as Nero/Dante until I can play V again as 'enjoying it'. 😂

My games FINALLY came in! They sent me the European version of Sonic Superstars though, instead of the American one. Not a biggie, as I understand it, there tends to be virtually no difference between American and European versions of Switch games.

Tuesday, January 9, 2024
  • Got up early and found a purple violet and the most beautiful message from @Xara in my notifications. Xara, I know I’ve already said this, but you really did brighten what I thought was going to be an impossible day. I can never thank you enough for your kindness and bringing sunshine into my day. 🥲
  • Bought a Tockoid from @/Airysuit, 2 Crystal Trees and a Blue Christmas Stocking and a Glow Wand Raffle Ticket with my last remaining gumdrops! I know I won’t have a chance of winning, but they do say you’ve got to be in it to win it!
  • I bought Truberbrook, Cars: Driven to Win, a Ski Simulator and Bear and Breakfast from the Nintendo eShop. Most excited about Bear and Breakfast as I've been looking at that since about November!
  • Ordered a new Nintendo 256GB micro SD card as my 128GB SD card is nearly full!
Not going to lie, when I read your happy posts I usually just skip to the pictures of Blossom you share. Such an adorable pupper and I'm sure a great influence in your life as well! 🥰
Blossom says that's only natural! 😇
Screenshot_20240109_204901_Gallery.jpg

I didn't have to work today which was nice, and I was able to figure out what I needed to do for school but I haven't started my school work yet (I really should start but I do plan on starting tomorrow or do a little tonight.)

I bought some bath and body works products with my gift card because they have that semi-annual sale going on so I got a few hand soaps, hand sanitizer, and a couple of candles. I kind of wished that champagne toast scents were on sale but they weren't, its one of my favorite scents from them. Oh well.

I finally got Raiden Shogun from Genshin Impact! After six months of waiting she is finally here! I also got to co-op with some friends to help get me some artifacts which I know is going to take a lot of time and patience to get the right build.

Today started off very weird for me, but ended very well. :blush:

- I woke up and was able to get out of work early, so I played my Pokemon White 2 Nuzlocke some more. 🎮

- I also played Genshin Impact with @Snap Crackle Pop , @nyx~ , and @Mimi Cheems , and had a lot of fun playing with and helping them with things in the game. 🎮

- I wanted to say that I appreciate @Dunquixote reaching out to me every now and then to make sure I'm okay. I appreciate it more than you know. 💚

- I also wanted to mention that your response to my birthday message for you, @S.J. , put the biggest smile on my face. Thank you for that. 💚

- I was about to go eat my own food, but my family surprised me with half a burger and some salad. I was not expecting it at all. It was truly a great meal. :blush:

- Even if I didn't mention you here, if you're friends with or acquainted with me, I just wanted to thank you for all of our interactions. I care about and love my friends immensely, and I'm sure they feel the same way about me. It's times like today where I'm reminded that even though I've lost so much, I still have a lot going for me, and I should never take those bonds or things for granted. Because all of those interactions from people I care about are what keeps me going, and creates a sunshine that melts away even this depressing winter atmosphere. Count your many blessings~

I watched some Youtube videos with my family, including GoodTimesWithScar's penultimate Hermitcraft Season 9 episode!
We had a power outage today but I successfully managed to nap through almost the entire thing.
I felt up to playing a little bit of Pokémon White 2 this evening! Trying to get my team a few more levels before taking on the Nimbasa City Gym.

I organized my photos on my phone into albums! I didn’t have that many to begin with but now it feels more organized.
I enjoyed my day off. I played Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and did tons of relaxing, lmao.
It feels like I have my BPD under control as opposed to earlier last year. Looking back on situations, my BPD had me over-analyzing things and becoming stressed in situations that should’ve been stress-free. I have appreciation for the people on this site who have been patient and understanding of it. Even if the disorder brought on memories I’m not proud of, I’m glad I was able to grow from it and be able to control it rather than it controlling me. I thought to myself this morning that I have two amazing friends in real life and are the people I should be surrounding myself with. I would not have met them if I didn’t make the “tough” decision — okay, it shouldn’t have been tough and it should’ve happened sooner but I was letting things hold me back — to quit my former job which would then separate myself from my favorite person. I think I was scared at the thought things would be better, if that makes any sense. I am in control now. 🤞🏻
Additionally, my employee review is coming up soon and I’m ready for my raise. 🤘🏻

Today started off very weird for me, but ended very well. :blush:

- I woke up and was able to get out of work early, so I played my Pokemon White 2 Nuzlocke some more. 🎮

- I also played Genshin Impact with @Snap Crackle Pop , @nyx~ , and @Mimi Cheems , and had a lot of fun playing with and helping them with things in the game. 🎮

- I wanted to say that I appreciate @Dunquixote reaching out to me every now and then to make sure I'm okay. I appreciate it more than you know. 💚

- I also wanted to mention that your response to my birthday message for you, @S.J. , put the biggest smile on my face. Thank you for that. 💚

- I was about to go eat my own food, but my family surprised me with half a burger and some salad. I was not expecting it at all. It was truly a great meal. :blush:

- Even if I didn't mention you here, if you're friends with or acquainted with me, I just wanted to thank you for all of our interactions. I care about and love my friends immensely, and I'm sure they feel the same way about me. It's times like today where I'm reminded that even though I've lost so much, I still have a lot going for me, and I should never take those bonds or things for granted. Because all of those interactions from people I care about are what keeps me going, and creates a sunshine that melts away even this depressing winter atmosphere. Count your many blessings~

I’m glad today ended up well for you 🙂. I hope tomorrow will be even better! 💜

Thanks so much for the shout out 🙂. I feel the same; thanks for reaching out too! I appreciate it more than you know! Even though I’ve been quiet and trying to deal with some stuff, I’m happy to help or listen if I can - same goes to anyone here. 🙂

Today, I’m extremely happy with my pulls in Genshin; took more than I wanted but at the same time less than I expected 🙂 I got some other units too and a four star weapon; I really need more weapons even if only four star and some more units so I can have more options to work with. Been frustrated with having only Lisa as my electro. Bennett really annoyed me in his hangout quest but I’m really happy about getting him 🙂; I want as many options as I can. I like Xingling a lot; she’s been very helpful but I want another pyro to work with too. I’m really happy happy about Chevreuse; the guns and musket event gave me a good impression of her and her design is great. I got Kujou Sara too and am happy about getting her too; my impression of her while trying her out is not good; seemed pretty hard to use. At the same time i can see me having fun eventually with her if I can aim better 😅.

IMG_6815.png
IMG_6816.png

She is so gorgeous ☺️. Another character I’d be very much interested in trying to cosplay (the other is Bernadetta from Fe3H; probably easier of the two minus the cost of the clothing because I relate to her a lot - being a shut in, severe anxiety, shy, to name a few) 🙂.

Got most of the fish needed for the catch weapon; just need ten more venomspine fish and 1 tea-colored shirakodai. 🙂

Also very happy with my kitties 🥰; Jewels for once didn’t wake me up by knocking stuff off my shelf and being naughty (yesterday she knocked more than usual, including my 3ds, some games 😬). Spanky took a nap by the bath tub while I took a bath. She says “Meowlo TBTers!” 😺😸
5681B232-FE3C-48F8-A903-D2211CB13817.jpeg

Last edited:
So, me and my friend Ashton have started the process of taking his things back to his new island. We agreed to do the flowers first, since shoveling them up is tedious and we wanted to get that part over with first. We got all of his flowers on to his island, so now we just have stuff that can be picked up regularly.

We are gonna try to get everything onto his island before Friday, due to the Splatfest coming up (I don't play Splatoon, but he is absolutely in love with that game). If we cannot get it done before Friday, I am hoping we can still make time to get the rest done on said day. I should get the town hall on Friday, so I will have the maximum pocket size.

Ava should move in today (in two hours, in fact, actually)
RS should close Thursday
Friday I should get the town hall

Last edited:
- I meant to be productive yesterday but felt nauseous for the majority of the day. I feel a lot better today thankfully!

- I’m planning on writing more of my dissertation today. Hoping to get most of my introduction done and (maybe) more of my lit review 😅 ALSO I got an extension on my diss so I have an extra few weeks to write it! Woop!

- got some really pretty dragons on FR yesterday, and I also hopped onto Genshin as Raiden is in the new banner and I’m yet to obtain her. 50 wishes and no Raiden (😥) but I did manage to obtain Chevreuse. I want to work until 5pm today so after then I will do my dailies and progress through more of the Archon quests as it’s been a while since I played it! (I’ve also recently switched to keyboard from controller so it’s taking a little while to adjust to it, but I’m getting there!)

- I had a great day today! Firstly, I finished and submitted an assignment last night (I think I wrote like 1200 words). I have just one assignment left to submit for this semester. 😋

- Had a really great lunch with my friend at our usual place. We like to meet up about once a month at a local cafe where we chat a bit to the owner who's very nice. While we were there, I had a delicious homemade quiche + Bakewell slice. And most importantly, we booked our whole trip to Amsterdam! This includes flights and accommodation, so I'm super happy that's all been done. Really excited!

Wednesday, January 10, 2024
  • Got up earlier than usual.
  • When I logged in to TBT this morning I got a lovely surprise from @azurill who had sent me a Purple Violet and a caring message. Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. ❤️
  • I finally got my connection problems with my Nintendo DS sorted and the wonderful @/kiwikenobi helped me with my quest to get fruit for my New Leaf town! It was my first time visiting another town, so it was exciting! I’m going to miss the train ride after the server closes. It made me excited to play. I scanned Roscoe into my town, and I will need to get a few of my other favourites scanned in! It was the first time I ever saw Harvey and Blathers in NL.
  • Washed Blossom and got all her bedding and blankets washed and dried. She was hyperactive after her shower this morning, but soon calmed down after the shock of getting cleaned! I can’t actually believe it but today she has been going in and relaxing in her crate! Usually no matter how many dog beds are laying out she refuses to use them and prefers the sofa or floor. She goes into her crate at night no bother, but this is the first day she has been going in herself and staying in.
20240110_102018-min.jpg

● Got a lot of the paperwork for my new job done today, and one of my references confirmed he'd been contacted and that he'd filled the form out. Hoping to get a start date soon!

● I finished Devil May Cry 5 today. A bit short and the story was transparent even as a complete newcomer to the series, but still an enjoyable game. 🎮

● I'm home alone this evening so I ordered pizza and watched Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2. I think I enjoyed it more than the first one. 🍓

● My mum sent me Lego! 🖤
20240110-140815.jpg

Hope you are all happy and doing well! 💗

I’ve wanted to post for a couple of days, but life has been busy, so this is more a reflection on that last four days (or longer) than anything!

♥ On Sunday, I went to dinner with my family to celebrate my birthday. I wasn’t able to be with them on Christmas, so I was really, really glad to see them and spend time with them! ❤️ They were very sweet and thoughtful with the cards and gifts they got me; more than usual! I can easily go without gifts, but to know they were so considerate means a lot! ❤️

♥ I received so many birthday wishes from all of the amazing people on TBT. I’m genuinely so touched. I would tag you all, but there are just too many of you. Honestly, thank you so much! 💗

♥ I also received a lot of birthday art from my amazing TBT friends! 💞💗 I spent so long slowly looking through that thread. I honestly can’t thank you all enough. 😭❤️ Ok, I’m going to tag you all, because I just need you all to know how kind and wonderful I think you are. @kiwikenobi @themysterybidder @Aquilla bongooooos @jadetine @Merielle @Roxxy @-Mars- @Beanz @Foreverfox @Hunter_Gr33n @VernalLapin @Shellzilla_515 @CylieDanny @Zerous @rocketspruggs @Introspective Onlooker ! I’m honestly so appreciative that you would bother spending your time drawing something for me. I truly mean any compliments I give about your art and what wonderful people you are! Thank you so much again! ❤️💞 And to dearest, kindest @Roxxy I can’t thank you enough for organising this. 💖💗

♥ My best friend also gifted me art! They were the first person to send birthday wishes on the day, and they went to a lot of effort to make the whole day really special. I'm really grateful for them! ❤️

♥ The last two days have been super busy with work stuff, so while I still have a lot of work, I’m happy to have completed those particular tasks, since I won’t need to worry about them now!

♥ Oh, and on the topic of being busy, even though December was really busy, I’m glad I was able to participate in at least a few of the Christmas tasks! The White Elephant Creations was definitely my favourite of the main tasks, though I did forget to change my “left word” before they were locked in, but I definitely enjoyed trying to draw a goose. 😅 I also really enjoyed the Naughty or Nice side-event. It was just a lot of silly fun!

♥ I'm very happy to seen so may of Aquilla's bongo people around the forum! 😂 They are so cute.

The number of wonderful people in this community is honestly just astonishing! Hope you all have a wonderful rest of the week. ❤️

The good times this past week just keep rolling for me! 🥳

- I got to sleep in, which was much appreciated. 💤

- My kitty, Pippi, cuddled with me on my bed for a bit. 🐱

- I wasn't planning to initially, but I threw my remaining pulls into the weapon banner in Genshin Impact and got Yoimiya's signature weapon, Thundering Pulse, on my first try! I'm really happy about this seeing as Yoimiya is my favorite character in the game. 😭

- I just finished watching the Dallas STARS win against the Minnesota Wild 7-2!!! That's two wins in a row now, woohoo! 🏒 🔥 💚

AePFzpa.png

Back