• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

Friday, January 5, 2024
  • Got up early.
  • I caught up with my diary from Monday! Every year, I start of with good intentions, then I forget but this year I really want to keep it going!
  • Received all my Amazon orders except one with is due next week. I love my rechargeable multicoloured lamp. It even came with a remote control! It has a pull cord to change the colour manually aswell. The brightness is really good, so good I only need it on the lowest setting!
  • I tidied up some more.
  • Cleaned the living room carpet.
  • I only noticed this morning that I forgot to put the tinsel away from the hallway yesterday, so I did that today before the Twelfth Night.
  • I finally got an appointment for my bloods and B12 injection! I’ve been trying since early December, but got a cancellation for Monday!
20240105_205225-min.jpg

Life of Luxury posted another one of their horror videos, and my mom and I got to watch it this morning! Their videos are always totally ridiculous and I'm always thrilled whenever they post another ahaha. We also watched a little Markiplier and some other Youtube later on!
I defeated Burgh in Pokémon White 2 and rounded up two more members of my dream team—Cottonee and Dwebble!! I made it to Nimbasa City too.
Also played plenty of Rune Factory 3 Special this evening, and finished the second main quest!

Meant to post this earlier, but I'll count this as my happy post for Saturday the 6th, lol. I'm not really keeping track though.

Additional happies!

- Earlier while I was playing my Pokemon White 2 Nuzlocke challenge I made it to Driftveil City and then encountered a first encounter Azumarill on route 6. There were no Audinos or anything else instead, and it was a 5 percent chance. 😭

It has Serious as its nature and the Huge Power ability, so I added it to my team in preparation to take on Clay. Really excited about this. 🎮

- The Dallas Mavericks beat the Portland Trailblazers again 139-103!! That's two in a row now. 🏀 🔥

- I took a nap after work and then finished Navia's story quest in Genshin Impact. I can't believe I waited so long to do it. It was so lovely. 😭

- When I was napping, Pippi, my kitty, cuddled by my feet. :blush:

* Ate Mcdonald’s for a late lunch 🤤🍔🍟

* Since it is a new year and I want to do some stuff differently, I restarted my New Leaf and New Horizons town and island. Hell, I got my second favorite, cranky villager: Apollo out of pure luck on New Leaf. 🦅 And I restarted until I got a red/orange airport in new horizons since I plan to have a Cherry Blossom and Valentine’s Day theme. Red goes with VD! ❤️💕

thanks to the help of someone very generous. They agreed to hold some of my stuff on NEW leaf, so I didn’t lose it. ^_^

* Scanned in Rooney on New Leaf. I will also be doing the same for NEW Verizon once I’m at that point 🦘🩵🥊

* did a livestream test on my tablets and things seem to be checking out well, so I should be able to live stream some games that are exclusive to the tablet 📱

Not a good day but a few things happened that made me happy. For dinner, my mom made tortellinis that she bought today, thinking I’d like it for dinner and also a pasta and vegetable frozen mix that I like a lot. I don’t have an appetite for anything lately but I still enjoyed and appreciated her thoughtfulness and the meal.

In Genshin, I made a foutain that I like a lot. I adjusted the paths and made a little plaza. Hoping to get some Sumeru furniture (if there are some that sre obtainable that I like and don’t know about. I found one but It requires max level to the tree; I’m assuming it has 50 levels like the sakura tree so not thrilled about having to wait since some areas I can’t explore yet.) Igot some more ornamental fish I wanted and I got a fish tank for my mansion :D. It looks great ( will share screenshots of this and some of my exterior once I get more fish in the tank and more furniture that I like. I want to make a mini bazaar or market place. 🙂).

My kitties make me so happy; Jewels napped a bit with her head and paws on my knee, sometimes her paw rested in the top of my ipad. 🥰 I regret not taking a picture.

I received some New Year wishes from @themysterybidder a few nights ago. I’m happy her and Blossom were thinking of me! I think seeing all of the lovely Blossom pictures will be one of the highlights of this year for me.
One of the Los Angeles Kings prospects that I’m most excited for has been called up to the NHL. I’m hoping Brandt Clarke will help turn things around for this team, as things have been going south recently. Need to string together a few wins and get back on track…
I figured out how to use the self-serve kiosk in the post office. I can now mail packages 24/7. This is so useful.
The new episodes of the Total Drama reboot are being released on the 13th. I can’t wait to watch them. Unfortunately, some things were leaked, but that won’t stop me from enjoying them. I hope there is a third season. Only two were confirmed for now.

- had a lie in today!
- I also have a rare Saturday off work 😎
- tried my wax machine again, a lot less painful and I was a lot better with it this time around 😊
- going for a road trip down to my partners parents as it’s his brother in law’s birthday so we’re doing board games and a takeaway! I’m also going to read Harry Potter and the philosophers stone because I started that a few days ago (I’ve never read the books 😬)

Today has been exhausting but still very grateful
  • Went to the beach with my family this morning and went snorkelling around an old shipwreck which was fun.
  • Not going into all the details here, but as a flow on effect, I’ve spent most of the day at emergency for my dad. But I’m really grateful for the fact he’s home right now talking and walking and that we got him help on time. I’m so glad he’s okay right now.
  • Also really grateful for my partner, who’s supported me the whole day and listened to me ramble about everything this evening, and has been such a beautiful light in my life as usual, helping me through things.

Saturday, January 6, 2024
  • Got up early.
  • It was one of the best mornings weather wise, so Blossom got a much longer walk than usual! It was a lovely refreshing, crisp morning with the sunshine creeping through the bare trees. Blossom loves walking through the frosty leaves! Of course, she got some treats when we got back home!
  • I started one of my New Year resolutions today, I started to clear out some stuff. I started with a box under my bed. Most of the stuff I had forgotten about, so it some of it got thrown away. I kept somethings and was really happy to find some home family videos on DVD this time. There was footage of my Mum’s 50th Birthday! It was lovely to see it again, and I did cry a little happy tear.
  • I ordered a new lead for Blossom as the one I got previously is very difficult to work and it isn’t as long as the original one I had. It should arrive tomorrow.
  • Watched the new episode of ‘Dogs Behaving Very Badly’. Dave the Saint Bernard was naughty, but absolutely adorable!
I’m sorry you weren’t feeling well Jenny, but I’m glad you’re feeling much better now! Make sure to rest and take care of yourself 💜
Thank you, Xara! Blossom keeps me on my toes! :ROFLMAO:
I received some New Year wishes from @themysterybidder a few nights ago. I’m happy her and Blossom were thinking of me! I think seeing all of the lovely Blossom pictures will be one of the highlights of this year for me.
That is lovely of you to say Croconaw! 🥲I bought Blossom a new toy a few days ago. It was a dog toy in the shape of a box of Kellogg's Corn Flakes. She loved it as much as her oinking pig. However, today she decided to play a little more rougher than usual, pulled the rope off and burst it! :eek: Face of an angel and the soul of a devil...😇
20240106_152254-min.jpg

- Work went okay today and I have the day off tomorrow (y)

- I got some overripe bananas from the staff room (they let us take home extra stock for free), got home, and made banana bread with them! It turned out super well, excited to eat it as a snack tomorrow

- Super happy because my friend and I agreed to go to Amsterdam together for our birthdays in May!! I have been to Amsterdam previously but I got sick and missed most of the trip (I only got one day in the city, mostly spent walking around looking for a vape shop for my mum :rolleyes:). My manager approved my request for time off on my birthday super quickly too. We're booking everything on wednesday when we meet for lunch :)

I already posted here today technically, lol, but I've just been on a happy streak lately! :blush:

- I got to sleep in, which was much appreciated after the long work week I had. 💤

- Got some one-time sushi for this month in order to celebrate the new year a bit more. I'm digging into it now and it's delicious! 🍣

- Pippi came into my room and is cuddled up on my bed. 🐱

- Looking forward to playing some more video games soon! 🎮

kv6pwwE.jpg

I'm happy bc:
-I go back to college tomorrow, can't wait to see my friends after a month.
-I finished a glass painting of Anya Forger, and while I was doubting how it would look since I haven't done one in almost 2 years, I actually really like how it turned out! Now to hope someone buys it haha.
-My cat hung out with me today (he's usually antisocial) so that was a nice surprise^^
-And I'm just happy to see what this year brings! I have so many things to look forward to and I just want a good year for once ><

It’s been a great day off. I’m happy I got to sleep in this morning. So many Aurora snuggles. It was storming this morning so no morning walk. We made pancakes for breakfast. Aurora enjoyed her mini pancake.
Had a productive morning. Getting all the Christmas decorations put away . Then deep cleaning the living room. We did get a walk in before we had lunch.
Played both my ACNH islands this afternoon. Really enjoying my restarted second island. Me and Aurora went for an evening walk and she got to play with her friend Charlie.
1137BF44-460C-45E8-BB19-D577521A6686.jpeg

Last edited:
My dad is sick right now so we skipped our usual weekend anime, but my mom and I did get to watch some Youtube, and at one point my dad felt up to watching a few short videos with us!
I got... ahem, something finished in time! 👀✨ I didn't want it to be late, so I'm very happy I was able to get it done today, especially since I'm starting to feel a tad under the weather myself ;w;
And while I had kind of a sleepy day and wound up napping on the couch for a good part of it lol, I did get to play a little bit of Rune Factory 3 Special this evening too!

Back