• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

What I did yesterday:
- My mom cooked some yummy food for dinner.
- Did some chores and rearranged my room a bit. While I left the mattress leaning against the wall, Luka climbed up on top of it.
Luka on the mattress.jpg

What I did today:
- I ate out at a restaurant with my parents and sister for the first time in a while. The food was delicious, especially the chicken.
- Went shopping at Hobby Lobby for some art supplies and found a Midoriya figure from My Hero Academia. They've got a lot of anime figures and plushies that I'll consider buying the next time I visit the store.
Midorya Figure.jpg
- Went to a bakery with my parents and they bought me a chocolate cake. When we came home, I celebrated my belated birthday.
- Recovering a bit after being sick for a couple of days.

Sunday, January 7, 2024
  • Got up early.
  • Another lovely, crisp, fresh morning to walk Blossom. I'm very happy that I'm managing to walk Blossom in icy weather, as I have always been terrified of falling after a few falls on the ice in the past! However, my boots I got a few months ago have a good grip, I still am careful but do far so good!
  • Played Table Tennis, Archery, Dog Frisbee and Bowling in Wii Sports Resort. I was terrible at Dog Frisbee, but I forgot how much fun it was!
  • Blossom's new lead arrived.
  • Bought 2 Crystal Tree collectibles and some snow scenery for possible lineups!
20240107_100522-min.jpg

Today was an absolutely amazing day for me! 💚

- I got to play a bunch of Genshin Impact and worked on some things. 🎮

- Speaking of video games, I caught a first encounter Aron and Joltik in Mistralton Cave and Chargestone Cave respectively and evolved them fully into an Aggron and Galvantula in my Pokemon White 2 Nuzlocke! 😤

- I got to re-connect with a good friend and am glad they're doing well. :blush:

- The Dallas Cowboys STOMPED the Washington Commanders 38-10, thereby winning the NFC East! I'm really happy for them, even though I'm not super into American football. Now just got to hope they don't get knocked out in the first or second round again, LOL!

- Just had a really good end to my weekend and about to have some yummy food for dinner. 😋

- Just did a bunch of uni work including finishing up most of my literature review (not finished yet i don't think) sending it to my supervisor for review, and getting a headway on my cultural analysis. So i feel a little less stressed i guess (not much though!)

- Don't have work until 2pm tomorrow, and only working from 2pm until 7pm lol

this actually happened yesterday, but I finally found myself a Snow Bunny thanks to @/mogyay! I have a sentimental attachment to snow bunnies in general so I was very happy to be able to trade for one. now I just need to come up with a lineup for it! 💚🐇
also, thanks to @/seliph, I was able to finish my roe of trans-coloured jellyfish, so my lineup for that is complete! I'm not sure yet when I'll bring it out since I'm pretty much obsessed w my current lineup, but I'm very excited about it! 🏳️‍⚧️💕

I haven't written in here in a while, so I wanted to say that I spent midnight on New Year's playing island flyover on Wii Sports Resort! I managed to collect all 80 I-points and I also really enjoyed following Miguel around in his plane hehe. I also spent some time playing table tennis and speed slice earlier today, and I went pro in the latter!

I'm very excited because I went out a bought a brand new laptop today!! I thought about it because I was trying to install Clip Studio Paint on my old laptop, and I got a message saying something like "This program requires Windows 8.1 or higher". I thought, well dang, I guess this is my sign to get a new laptop haha. I was planning on leasing one, but I said screw it and just bought one outright. it's really nice so far, it loads a lot faster than my old one (obviously) and of course I was able to successfully set up CSP and my Wacom tablet on there! I'm hoping to set up some more stuff on it tomorrow (like Dolphin emulator)! 😄

Earlier this week I did some de-cluttering in my room, and I've been pretty good about keeping up with dusting and vacuuming (I get a lot of dust and hair bc of the doggo skdjfs). I also washed my bedding a few days ago. 😌

I've been keeping up with my journaling really well for a while now!

want to say once again that I'm so grateful for my amazing friends~ 🥰💞

I’m doing worse today, but there were still a few things that made me happy and from last night.

My best friend didn’t yell at me; he did make me feel worst but not intentionally, just being too blunt again and doing it at the worst time. I was panicking last night since he didn’t reply to me and normally he yells at me, which is why I am happy at least he didn’t.

last night i think I experienced a bug in Genshin during a puzzle; I was going to give up for the night and hope the bug wouldn’t happen again. @michealsmells helped me last night on discord and I was able to complete it. His tips helped so much; I never thought there was any specific order i needed to hit the dendro rings; I guess the puzzles just get harder as I continue exploring 😅, since the dendro ring mini puzzles were pretty easy up to that point) I really appreciated it especially since he seemed pretty busy. If I ask for help or just have a question, even if it is about an event quest, I mean it to be optional and if you want to help, it is always at everyone’s convenience 🙂; I don’t want anyone to feel pressured. I’m extremely grateful for the responses and kindness on the discord server ☺️.. I’m happy on the server and even though I am not posting a lot right now (I’m really shy still and I’m struggling so bad, I don’t want my mood to bring anyone down) I am enjoying reading everyone’s posts 🙂.

I’m happy I got my violet seelie today in Genshin 🥳. It knew it is just a cosmetic, but I still am a little disappointed it doesn’t help me find treaure 😅 (treasure with furniture recipe and with those annoying sigils😋 or those annoying things we need to upgrade statues as an alternative to climbing, gliding and some of the puzzles). I realize I’m wishing too much but I hate the climbing and how much of those elemental things i need to fully upgrade 😭. i take back what I said about it being fun to explore and find them 😅..

Lengthy Genshin comments, feel free to skip 😅

This a weird thing to be happy about but I’m happy I sent more feedback for Genshin; I don’t know if they read them. But regardless, i am happy i let them know how I felt about their racism and lack of research on the cultures. Even if it was just inspiration to make a fictional culture, it feels like it is doing more than that. Making some visiting npcs in Fontaine complain about the flowery language - it seems like it is in a way conveying the writer’s perspective in reality of the French, and the designs of the furniture shows how highly civilized they think of them. Looking at Sumeru, how npcs are dressed, the buildings and dialogue (did only a little of the world quests since the archon story isn’t available yet), it gives me the impression that the writer and designer thinks they’re backwards & mostly barbaric even though Perisian & Middle Eastern civilizations are/were highly advanced (most advanced at one point in history in general and culturally).It reflects a lot Western attitudes (created by media and politicians) towards them. I also told them to give more variety to the units: have more male units (with good designs and kits; only a few appeal to me - Zhongli the most design wise, Neuvillette and Wriotheley - they have great designs and seem fun to me), less kids, equal ratio of caucasian and people of color, male and gemale). Sorry for the rant 😅. I’ve been really happy with Genshin overall; I think could be much better though and get more players with both more QOL getting rid of racism and stereotypes. I’m sure I’m not the only one seeing this and it bothering them (even the story seems to have a lot of negative “themes, message, plots”) I can tie to reality and seems to have some things to cover the implications) .

I bought a cute tabby cat from the travelling merchant yesterday. I didn’t add it and I removed one other cat that I had in my mansion since they take up so much more load (or at lease outside the animals seem to). going to wait until I get more of my mansion and outdoors decorate.

I did Diona’s hangout quest and in spite the low votes for her hangout quest being the favorite on the website I visited, I think right now it is mine (the pictures are great) and probably will be the only one. I wish we could mix drinks outside the quest and made manual food dishes and come up out own food creations. There aren’t a lot of characters I like that are available for hangout aside from Kaeya, Thoma (maybe; he’s interesting what from I’ve seen, just design wise is pretty underwhelming; Kaeya’s design and 3d model could be better too), maybe Beidou - she seems a lot of fun (though honestly her theme, personality & overall character doesn’t interest me in some ways since I feel like I’ve seen a lot of characters like her and she isn’t anything special. She gives me Fate Go Francis Drake vibes (maybe that is why she feels so familiar; i didn’t watch the part of the series she was in, but I feel familiar since I have her unit.) I like Beidou’s design but I feel indifferent to her for the most part (though maybe i just feel this way right now; not thinking clearly right now.) I can’t wait to unlock the rest of her poctures.

Edit: Forgot to mention a good friend here reached out to me and I feel happy that we could talk about something I feel strongly about and finding out she feels the same about that tooic. 🙂

Last edited:
My dad is feeling a little better today, and aside from a little bit of hoarseness/low energy I seem to be avoiding it so far!! 🤞 We think he's got the flu, so maybe my flu shot is coming in clutch for me
We caught up with One Piece again this morning and got to watch some Youtube later on, including more of GoodTimesWithScar's Hermitcraft Season 9!! Loved getting to see someone make it to the deepest level of Decked Out on a serious/canon run, as fun as the sillier runs are.
I got to play Rune Factory 3 Special for a little bit!
I saw some really incredible fanart for a few of my comfort characters ;w;

Sunday, January 7th 2024

-`♡´- My Bath and Body Works order came in the mail! I got Twisted Peppermint body spray + body wash, Winter Candy Apple body spray + body wash, and 3 wallflower plug-ins (Sweet Pea, Mango Passion, and Champagne Toast)!
I'm very grateful and happy about it because I was given a $20 gift card for them from my bestie (who works for Frito Lay but is a vendor for my store).

-`♡´- I went to work today and had a relatively easy day. It's hard to work when I'm physically unwell or pressured too much OTL I also got to see my mom, who picked me up from work! It was nice to see her ; w ;

-`♡´- Played Genshin Impact with my boyfriend for an hour or so! I finally reached Friendship Level 10 with Shenhe! :> It makes me happy because I got to spend time with him, AND make my profile all pretty too!

1704696857807.png

-`♡´- I got to play Animal Crossing for a bit! Slowly but surely making Ino Island look lovely :3c I still need to figure out a villager roster.. since it's gonna be somewhat Demon Slayer / Inosuke inspired! :>

-`♡´- I got a decent amount of sleep!!! Which made me happy because I'm always grumpy when I'm not properly rested. I also got to go to Dunkin' and run errands with my stepmom before I went to work! :3

The Michigan Wolverines, my team of teams, are competing in the National Championship today!!! The last time they won was when I was 10, so I am HYPED!!! GO BLUE!! 🏈

That's the favorite team of someone else I know as well! I don't normally watch college football, but will be tuning in today to root them on! GO Michigan!!! 🥳

The new episodes of the Total Drama reboot are being released in five days! I work morning shift that day, so I'm looking forward to watching them after work.
I blessed my eyes with fanart of my favorite characters. This gives me so much more joy than it should. I'm getting ready for the finale and hoping we get a third season!
Yesterday was the first night shift at work that I wasn't completely buried after coming in. There was no gap between myself and the other person for things to pile up.
I battled on Mario Kart 8 Deluxe earlier today and destroyed the competition. I was playing very well against people with a much higher BR than myself.
The National Championship for college football is today! I'm rooting for the Washington Huskies simply because I committed to them on my "Road to Glory" in NCAA Football 14.

Monday, January 8, 2024
  • My day had a lovely start when I work up to a message from the lovely @xSuperMario64x . ❤️ I’m always delighted to chat with Bug.
  • It was wonderful to look at S.J.’s Birthday Art thread and see so much talented artwork and love for @/S.J.
  • Got my bloods, B12 injection, shopping and some errands done.
  • Got some new toys for Blossom: a plush Kellogg’s Crunchy Nut and a plush Pringles tube. Also, got her a new bag of doggy treats, Sweet Potatoes wrapped in chicken.
  • Bought myself a Gift set of Pop Tart Lip Balms. Three flavours include: Strawberry Milkshake, Chocolate Chip Cookie and Hot Fudge Sundae. I think the Hot Fudge Sundae will be my favourite, but not tried any yet!
  • I remembered that I hadn’t scratched a scratch card I got as part of a Christmas present. I won £20!
  • Got some time to work on my first ACNH island. I dug up all of my overgrown flowers, removed all weeds, dug up fossils and some gyroids. Hopefully, I can get some time to work on my 2nd and 3rd island soon!
  • Edit: Blossom has just had a very amusing turn of the zoomies! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
20240108_123934-min.jpg

Screenshot_20240108_200911_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Hi friends! Sorry for spamming ya’ll’s notifications earlier, I haven’t checked in here in a few days. 😅 I hope you’re all doing well and that you have a beautiful week ahead! If not, I truly hope things get better for you soon. My pms are always open if any of you ever need to talk/vent 🫶

☃︎ Since I wasn’t able to find a new phone case at the mall the other day, I decided to order one online instead! It’s super pretty, and I’m hoping to be able to go and pick it up today, along with a toy for Bonk and a new ring for my mom that my mom ordered! We’re just waiting on the ring’s delivery so that we can pick everything up at the same time. I’m so excited for my new phone case! Hopefully my mom will like her ring and Bonk will like her new toy as well. 🤞🏻
IMG_5419.jpeg

☃︎ I 100% completed Mail Time! I met the rest of the characters (including my beloved Soks 🫶 and Greg!!!) and completed tasks for them, earned the remaining 17 patches, found all mushrooms and trinkets, and unlocked all of the mushroom hats!! Greg wasn’t who I thought he was, and finding him was actually a little underwhelming, but honestly this was such a cute game. I’m still not the happiest with the mechanics or the camera angles, but the art style, the endearing characters, and the wonderful dialogue all make up for it! I can’t reiterate enough just how much I love the characters and dialogue. Soks ended up being my favourite character like I predicted, but honestly I love all of them so much, even the meaner characters (I’m pretending that Soks isn’t one of them LOL)! I lowkey want to play it again already, just for the vibes and to appreciate the characters some more! Such a good game!!
Kaz’s artwork!! Their cave is honestly my favourite area in the game, it’s so pretty!
IMG_5437.jpeg
IMG_5438.jpeg

Ham is me. I am Ham
IMG_5439.jpeg

IMG_5440.jpeg

Enemies to lovers back to enemies 💔
IMG_5441.jpeg
IMG_5442.jpeg

IMG_5449.jpeg
IMG_5450.jpeg
IMG_5451.jpeg

Ham is no longer me
IMG_5443.jpeg

Me every day of my life 😔
IMG_5444.jpeg

Greg!!!! Meeting him was underwhelming because I didn’t even get to talk to him or deliver his letter since he’s hibernating, but he’s still very cute!!
IMG_5445.jpeg

IMG_5446.jpeg

IMG_5447.jpeg

I hate this actually
IMG_5448.jpeg

IMG_5452.jpeg

☃︎ My mom brought me home Lilo & Stitch bathtub treads yesterday! I have a massive fear of slipping and falling in the tub (it’s very slippery, and I have exactly 0 balance lol), so I really appreciate this! We actually already have a mat in our tub that serves the same purpose, so there’s no need to open the Stitch treads just yet, but I’m looking forward to using them in the future! They’re so cute! 💙
Not my photo, but this is what they look like!
IMG_5453.jpeg

☃︎ Bonk blessed me with a cuddle the other night! 🥹🖤 She was actually in a really cuddly mood; she left a few times to go get something to eat, but we ended up cuddling for over 4 hours! My mom also said something about her observation of us together the other day, saying that Bonk looks at me with the same love that my late kitty, Zeva did. I’ve honestly been thinking about it since. It simultaneously healed, hurt, and warmed my heart to hear that. I love the way Bonk looks at me. Remembering that Zeva once looked at me the same way is painfully beautiful. ❤️‍🩹

☃︎ I bought my second Blue Christmas Stocking last night, which means I officially have all of the collectibles from the Stole-iday event that I wanted! I wasn’t sure what date and time I wanted to buy it, but I was having a pretty good day yesterday, so I figured yesterday was as good a time as any!

☃︎ I came up with a new lineup idea that I love! I’m practically frothing at the mouth waiting for the Moon Bunny frags to be giftable, since so many of the ideas that I’ve come up with require my second frag. 😅🤍

Great to hear that your appointment went well, Xara! Time to kick depression and anxiety's butt. 😤

I also wanted to mention that while I was reading one of your previous posts where you shared screenshots from Mail Time, I immediately thought of 2021 TBTWC when you showed the purple bellflowers hehe. 💜 If I recall correctly, you even came up with that team name back then, no? :)
Thank you so much, Shell!! I’m actually already starting to feel a little better after only being back on my meds for a few days, which is a big relief! 💙

Yes, that was me! Bellflowers have been so, so special to me since TBTWC, I was so excited to see them in Mail Time! Such a gorgeous flower, and I’m still so honoured that the name I suggested was picked for my team. 🥹 Go Bellflowers! 💜

Monday, January 8, 2024

Not going to lie, when I read your happy posts I usually just skip to the pictures of Blossom you share. Such an adorable pupper and I'm sure a great influence in your life as well! 🥰

---

Today I'm happy because,

- I got to sleep in. 💤

- Work is going well. 📊

- I forgot to mention it yesterday, but the Dallas MAVERICKS beat the #1 ranked Minnesota Timberwolves last night 115-108! That's amazing, and three wins in a row now! 🏀 🔥 🥳

- I'm headed to martial arts for the first time in awhile tonight! 🥋 😤

Im 21 in 2 weeks. I wouldnt call my life or mental health perfect... but this is the most at peace Ive ever been. My disability has gotten worse, but I'm not particularly sick right now; I'm financially and physically free from harm for the first time ever, I get the honour of living with my partner again, I have made so many new friends since I finally ran away from my hometown and.... yeah! I finally left my hometown! Bloody worthwhile, that much I can say. My university career is going great, Im becoming a published writer this year and I just have so much to be thankful for. I dont think I ever saw this coming, even last August I would've considered myself doomed. And yet! I cannot stop thinking about how fortunate I am to be here now - I think I'm actually glad to have survived my past and Im sincerely thankful to those who saved me.

I am, generally speaking, a deeply haunted person but I am still thriving. Like a beetle. I like beetles. :)

- Work went alright (I only had a five hour shift), and now I have 2 days off! 😁

- I got some positive feedback from my dissertation supervisor which I'm super happy about because I really wasn't confident at all with what I wrote. No critique for my literature review (y)

Well well well! It's been a hot minute, so I'll just recap some stuff from the past few days. :)

January 6, 2024
  • My mom and I baked blueberry pie! The last time we tried making it was a few months ago and it wasn't exactly ideal since it tasted a bit too sour. This time, though? Amazing. I loved every bite of it and if I could, finish the whole pie to myself (of course, we still shared between my mother, father, and sister!). The blueberry pie only lasted for a day before it was totally gone lol.
Blueberry pie.png
  • I played Gran Turismo 7 to further improve my time on a time trial. This is because when the world record improves, the target times become more challenging to achieve, so I wanted to give myself some buffer in case the top players keep one upping each other. :ROFLMAO: Jokes aside, it took me multiple attempts to string together a good lap, and I like the car and track combo for this time trial. In a way, I felt nostalgic during the times back when Gran Turismo 4 was the newest game in the series. This is because my father and I would occasionally 2 player mode where we'd face against each other with whatever car we chose. I'll always remember that he used a 2003 Toyota WOODONE TOM's Supra against me at least half of the time. My younger self lowkey didn't like it whenever he chose that car every time as I'd lose just about every time lol. But still, it's one of those memories that I'll always cherish, so I decided to look up the livery in game that someone recreated and put it on the 1997 Toyota Supra GT500 that I had to use for this time trial.
It takes place on Trial Mountain which is a fictional track that originated back in the first game of the series! It also happens to be one of the few that my father and my younger self raced against each other on. 🥹
Gran Turismo® 7_20240106212843.jpg

Here's a real life photo of the WOODONE TOM's Supra.
1704767478230.png

Here's a photo of it in Gran Turismo 4 that I found online. The same car that my father drove against me in 2 player mode.
1704767692263.png

Finally, here it is in Gran Turismo 7 that someone recreated. It's not exactly 100% accurate since the car itself is from 1997 and not from 2003.
Trial Mountain Circuit__1.jpeg
January 7, 2024
  • I had a good chat with @/xSuperMario64x as per usual. The highlight during our chat is that he showed something to me from Flight Rising that he finally achieved after trying for quite some time! While I never played it before, I've always found coatls (aka what I call snake dragons hahaha) to be my favourite dragon breed.
Bug managed to get a coatl in pan colours! I appreciate his support so much I can't. 😭 ❤️💛💙
91874563_350.png
  • I chatted with @/Roxxy as well! We were talking about a few things here and there, including a birthday art thread she made for someone which I'll mention in my next point!
  • I started and finished a birthday drawing for @/S.J.! It warmed my heart to see her so happy from all the drawings that other people have done for her. ☺️
  • I also had a good chat with @/Foreverfox! She briefly brought up Michigan Wolverines and the National Championship. While I'm not really a follower on football, I hope they'll win! She's been waiting for literal years.
January 8, 2024
  • Today was my first day back for college classes. It was pretty chill for now despite the fact I had to be there early.
  • Since I haven't been there in months because of the job I had to work at as a part of the college program, I was wondering if those car models inside a glass display were still there. To my pleasant surprise, they still are! And if you know me for quite some time, you probably know what I'm talking about lol.
Absolute poggers that the Honda S2000 (in yellow too for good measure) is still here! If only the college would let me buy it from them, I'd get it immediately.
S2000.png

This one also caught my eye: a Red Bull X2010! As you could tell from the logos, yes it has appeared in the series lol.
Red Bull X2010.png

I'm kinda rambling here, so feel free to skip this paragraph. Designed by Adrian Newey for Gran Turismo 5 back then, this was put in mind of what a race car could be like if not restricted by any racing regulations. Capable of well over 1000 horsepower and providing huge tons of downforce all while reaching up to a top speed of 500 km/h, this car is absolutely insane in many ways that not even a human could physically drive. Anyways, there were a few challenges that involved driving this X2010 and I remember it over a decade ago being so hard to keep it on the track alone. It took many attempts, but successfully completing them will reward you this car. And as a result, race events that allowed you to enter with it becomes extremely easy. Hard to believe that this fictional car is approaching 14 years old!
  • I bought a matchbox from a store and felt really happy about it!
Oh look, it's a 2019 Mazda 3! I did a tire swap on this car once at work haha.
2019 Mazda 3 Matchbox.png
  • I ate some poutine from New York Fries as a part of my lunch.
  • Played a bit of Gran Turismo 7.

I spoke too soon. Am sick. Spent most of the day sleeping on the couch.
crycat.png
Despite that I still have a few things to be happy about today! but also man I really hope I'm feeling better tomorrow. flu shot save meeee
My copy of the Jack Jeanne Complete Collection artbook arrived, almost an entire month early!! ;w; (Needless to say, I did not finish the game before it arrived lol.) I'm excited to look through it in the future though aaaaaa
I got to watch some Youtube with my family today! And also wound up sleeping through a good part of Markiplier's Power Wash Simulator playthrough, which I'm pretty sure is at fault for some strange dreams I was having.
My tuxedo kitty snuggled with me for a lot of that time as well.
Mixed feelings on this one because I do prefer to get things over with generally, but my doctor's appointment has been successfully rescheduled. So at minimum I don't have to feel miserable in a waiting room for hours, and if I'm feeling better then I can still just take it easy and focus on getting things done at home. ;v;
The event raffles are out!! Now I've gotta decide what to do with my leftover gumdrops aaaaa

Back