• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

Gonna post yesterday's and todays:

Yesterday
* There was a Lovely Table for sale at Nook's Cranny in City Folk in my game. You guys know how much I love the lovely series. 💕 💕 💕 I've always liked to put the series in my main room in my houses. <333 New Horizons is an exception, since it doesn't have it, so I use the white cute furniture instead and am filling up my back room with the red variant.

* My brother got Wendy's for us for lunch.

* Since our previous air fryer broke, my dad ordered a new one and it came in yesterday. I am looking forward to trying out french fries and pizza rolls, since my dad said it was better than the other two air fryers we had. I have a feeling my dad is doing roast tomorrow for lunch (since he was gonna do it last week, but ended up not), which I do not like roast, so I will probably have pizza rolls tomorrow for a late lunch or early dinner, actually. ^-^

. . .

Today
* My dad made breakfast for lunch, which I love.

* K.K. Slider was in the roost in City Folk, so I had him play a song for me. It was my first time on this file, so he played a random song. He ended up playing Comrade K.K., which is a great K.K. song. Since K.K. Oasis isn't in New Leaf, I am not sure what my pre-NL favorite song is, but Comrade K.K. is probably up there. ^__^

Sorry I didn’t post this yesterday I was playing Pokemon violet! Lol

Yesterday~

I went to Town and went in Primark and bought these cute disney Marie long pyjamas~

At home I completed pokemon violet main story and I saw + caught my first ever shiny pokemon from area zero a shiny Iron Bundle! ^u^

Last edited:
Had a HORRIBLE day yesterday but the bright spot was that I finally got my refund ✨

I'm happy that I don't have to go into work until Thursday, and that I'm working relatively shorter shifts this week. :unsure:

Kind of happy that university is starting up again this week too, the train strikes should only affect me for 1 day

Today I got new trainers ( black comfy Skechers) and this wall plaque for my bedroom~

IMG_2028.jpeg

Last edited:
I (will have) the easy day at work I was expecting to have today with no gap between shifts. Tomorrow won’t be the same, but it should at least be manageable.
I recently found some more content of my comfort characters and it made me happy!

I’ll have some time to play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe tonight after work tonight.

- I got to sleep in again, which was great. 💤

- Finished season two of Haikyuu!! and really looking forward to watching season three. 🏐 📺

- The Dallas Stars defeated the Washington Capitals 5-4 in overtime yesterday!! They're now 1 point under the Avalanche for 1st in the NHL Central Division, and now get a break from games for awhile because of the NHL All-Star break. 🏒 🔥 💚

- Gave my kitties special food last night. 🐱

- Looking forward to this coming week. It's going to be busy as heck for me, but should be a lot of fun. :blush:

It’s only one thing, but we went to Texas Roadhouse today for my sister’s belated birthday. We didn’t actually eat in the restaurant, we just had takeout.
Been a while since I've been there, but it's a good place. Last time I got a steak cooked with mushrooms and sauteed onions. It was really good. Hope you enjoyed yours!
This cheap garlic parmesan sauce is better than I expected, and low in sugar.
Always great to find inexpensive food with how stupid inflation is. There are these offbrand chips that cost $2 and are as big as the namebrand types. I always buy them now. They taste just as good. Hopefully they don't go away any time soon. I'm not spending $5+ for a bag of chips.

I started playing Pikmin 4 last night and a little today. It's a fun game. Also picked Pokemon Arceus and Return of Detective Pikachu up again. I love how Pikachu has a gruff private eye voice. It's so funny hearing that.

Been a while since I've been there, but it's a good place. Last time I got a steak cooked with mushrooms and sauteed onions. It was really good. Hope you enjoyed yours!
I had country fried chicken with gravy, seasoned rice, and corn. It was really good, even though it’s the same thing I’ve had every other time I’ve gone (which is twice).

I had country fried chicken with gravy, seasoned rice, and corn. It was really good, even though it’s the same thing I’ve had every other time I’ve gone (which is twice).
Very nice! That really sounds good! I usually get an appetizer of the deep-fried onion to. I forget what they called it. Blooming onion or something. Super greasy and bad for you, but it tastes so good lol.

I watched the latest episode of One Piece and another episode of Hunter x Hunter with my parents this morning, and we watched a little Youtube together later!

I found a really pretty piece of quartz on our morning walk! It’s quite sparkly and a nice size too. The weather was also really nice (partly cloudy and windy, my favorite) and we passed by a pond that was looking extra nice.

I discovered some new foods I like!! I had goat cheese on some crackers, both with and without honey, and ohh my gosh what an incredible cheese. I already looked up some salad recipes using it because I’m already looking forward to the next time we get some lol. And I’m not normally much of a candy person, but apparently I really like pink lemonade Jolly Ranchers lollipops! They really nailed the flavor and it was nicely tart too.

Played some more Rune Factory 5!! I’ve been on a bit of a monster taming kick and I think I’ll focus on it for the time being on this file, since all the other available renovations aside from monster barn upgrades are super costly in terms of materials ;v;

I came up with a couple new lineups today! I want to keep my bongo Shino and Etsuya signature a little bit longer, but I’ve been thinking about switching up with February right around the corner.

And speaking of switching things up, I did a slight rebranding! RIP my bells but I’m honestly super relieved that I don’t have to worry about confusing people/seeming like I’m speaking in third person when I talk about my character named Merielle LOL. gonna have to do something about my namecard for events now though aaaaa

Today I'm happy because:
* I thought my dad was gonna do roast for lunch, but we ended up getting pizza hut (for him and my brother) and Whataburger (for me). Even better. ^_^ Plus, I have all week to eat pizza rolls. And no, I do not like roast. It's hard to explain, but I like eating pizza rolls on days my dad and my brother eat roast.

* Convinced Apollo to move in on my island in NH <3333

* It was a beautiful day, and it was nice to go out for a bit (to get the aforementioned food)

• I get some fresh food later today!
  • It snowed a lot last night, it looks so pretty :)
  • I woke up early today and did some reading, watched some anime, and did laundry
  • Did some skincare this morning, I don't do much, just wash my face with a cleanser and use moisturizer but it's a nice little thing to do for myself
  • I got some really kind comments on my art thread here ❤️ The next thing I plan on drawing is Kakashi from Naruto

I thought I burned myself pretty bad yesterday but it turned out not being bad at all. I back up at just the right time to avoid any major contact with the grease. Surprisingly, it only hit my ankle. Most of it just got on my pant leg, which was not touching the skin directly.
I have a weird craving for water and that makes me happy. I admittedly haven’t drank much water lately so today will be good for hydration.
I mentioned that I want to learn how to cook at my current job. I want my few closing shifts to be cooking shifts, so they’ll first have to find a replacement for me. I was told it would be about a month or so out. It’s a bit of a wait, but at least I have a timeframe.

Last edited:
- the neighbour's cat Juice hangs out at my place even though he's spicy and will attack you full force if you pet him more then just a pat or 2. We've been feeding him wet food and yesterday he jumped into my partners lap on the couch and purred. It was a special moment and I was jealous

- my mom's wheelchair comes this week and it's her birthday so imma get her some stuff from bath & body works

- I'm making beef stew for us tonight and I am definitely not gonna burn it like the chili

- I've been playing pokemon brilliant diamond and I'm more then half way finished

● Joined my partner for a coffee at Costa after work. ☕

● We finally framed and hung the paintings we bought last month. They're from an artist I met in August. Now they're up in our kitchen. 😊
20240129-202336.jpg
20240129-202352.jpg

● Finished American Horror Story: Asylum this evening. Damn that was a good ending.

Back