• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What scars do you have?

I have a few small ones, but the only notable one is a 3" line across the right middle of my abdomen. I had a cholecystectomy + appendectomy when I was a kid, along with exploratory bowel surgery. It's been there so long that I hardly notice it anymore, but if anyone new asks about it I can always tell them I got in an intense final boss-level sword fight over a parking spot or something.

I have a few scars but not any particularly interesting ones. I have small scars on both of my index fingers from two separate cooking incidents (one from when I was a child, one I got cleaning a meat slicer), a scar above my right knee (was cutting something while kneeling, always cut away from yourself: lesson learned) and 3 small scars on my belly from laparoscopic surgery I had. I also have a ton of acne scars literally everywhere 🥴

they’re not noticeable at all as they’ve faded quite a bit + i haven’t engaged in self-harming behaviours in over a year but i’ve still got scars from that on my left arm. :/

i also have surgical scars from when i had my gallbladder taken out 😷. psa: gallstones suck lol.

Mine don't have any kind of cool or exciting backstories, lol. Mainly just me being an idiot as a child 😔💕

1.) I have a scar on my knee from the time in like fourth grade or something when my friends and I thought it would be a good idea to play tag! On some rocks. My school had this circle of big rocks that kids could sit on (there was only like 5 or 6 though I think??? so not sure what they were for) that my friends and I thought it would be fun to play tag on. Jumping from rock to rock and such (idk how you'd even be tagged?? Must've been chaos) and being the incredibly unbalanced person I am I fell at some point, lol. Bonked my knee off a rock and I've still got the ugly raised bump to prove it :')

2.) On my right hand I have a small greyish circle from when I jabbed myself with a pencil 😭 😭 I remember it so clearly! I was going to do some homework and for whatever reason I ended up with my backpack over one shoulder and a freshly sharpened pencil in one hand??? The rest of my things were in my backpack idk why the pencil wasn't. Maybe I nabbed it from the counter o: Anyways I was stepping over a baby gate we had up and well, I have no balance. Idk if maybe having the backpack over one shoulder added to my unsteadiness but I sort of stumbled and one thing led to another, next thing I knew the pencil was sticking out of my hand sghjsdhgdgsh I thought I was going to have to live out the rest of my life with a pencil in my hand 😂

3.) The most boring are probably my acne scars but what can ya do 🤷‍♀️

Some of my scars include when I hit the corner of my eye on a Disney store stand when I was pretty young, another is on my toe because my sister and I were messing with doors.
I got one on my forearm from my aunt's dog, one one my leg from when it randomly bled and other random ones that appeared on my legs, and I think like two really faint ones on my hip and a tiny one on the back of my left hand.
Quite frankly I get disappointed if scars fade because they add some charm.

i have a huge scar on the back of my hand/wrist! i was playing pokemon go and i tripped, but i wanted to protect my phone, so i let the back of my hand scrape on cement instead of dropping my phone and catching my fall 'w')..... it worked tho

i also have one on my cheek which is mostly healed now -- my sister and i were playing catch with a soccer ball when we were little. indoors. and the the ball hit a glass light cover which shattered and a piece hit my face (but only my cheek! no other damage was sustained, aside from glass everywhere around me!)

i have a LOT of cat-based scars, since i’m in charge of trimming their claws and my cats are little demons. the most noticeable one from that is one down my wrist because one of them sliced a vein open once 😭

I’ve also got a bunch of (mostly faded) scarring around my elbows and knuckles as well as one on my forehead from a bike accident i got into as a kid — i hit a pothole on my way down a hill, went flying, and because it was a downward incline just. skidded down the road several feet when i landed. got a rock stuck in my forehead. fun times.

Apart from a few forbidden scars I don’t talk about, I have scar on my knee from when I tried to scooter down a wall and fell lmao, I have scars on my chest from top surgery+ one scar from cat scratch on my chest, scar on my finger from throwing a mug and then it accidentally cutting me

I have a scar on my right shoulder from uhh...falling off a vulcano (pls don't judge my clumsyness). After all these years the reactions on it still range from "cool!" to "how the....". I don't remember exactly how old I was but probably around 10 y/o when we went to El Teide on the island of Tenerife. They have cable carts going up to a certain level but not so long before we were there they sadly closed off the actual top for safety because there were some vibrations felt. Since it was towards the end of the year, the high levels had snow and it was so cold because we went in our shorts and fliflops beach outfits, lol. (Yes my family ain't the smartest bunch either). So after we exited the cable cart we went for a small hike further up the path which had some icy spots here and there and because the main path was quite crowded I walked more on the rocks to the side of it. Well as you might expect, that decision + flipflops + ice = donut went flying. I slipped and tumbled down to the level below, overall it wasn't too bad, it was mostly bruises & scraped skin & almost all on my legs but I hit some sharp rocks with my shoulder and made a cut that gave me the scar I still have today. I was able to get up myself and after some patching up at first aid everything was good :/ (Sometimes I wonder if I should just tell people I fell off a rock, but honestly...who can say they fell off a vulcano? :d)

I have quite a few scars some that are faded, some that you can only see if you're taking a close look at my skin and one that's really bad.

For the faded scars, I have 2 scars that are memorable so I'm kinda glad I can still somewhat see them. The first scar I ever got was as a baby... I have a burn scar on one of my thighs because one of my parents forgot to cover my baby seat with a blanket when we went out shopping and it was a really sunny day, so you can imagine a metal clasp, sunlight, and skin not being a great combo. My second faded scar is on my arm and it's a scar my dog gave me when she got her very first nail trim (you could say she wasn't a fan and wanted to get away with all her might), that scar will forever remind me of her, so I'm actually sad that it's become so faded over time.

My bad scar (2nd degree burn) is on the bottom/palm side of my middle finger, let's just leave it as it was a cooking accident that involved high temperature sugar. This left a pretty thick and tight scar on my finger and for some reason whenever scars or burns are brought up I just become hyper aware of it and I can feel it x.x

I've got two scars on both my knees from when I was a kid that resulted in me skidding off my bike, apart from that though I've just got a few chicken pox scars, acne scars and burn scars from various cooking mishaps over the years.

I have stitches on stomach from a surgery I had a decade back. It's healed but you can very much see where the cut me.

And I have a scar on my leg from an infection I had while stayed in a hospital. My leg scar can't heal because of how infected it was. But I have also had it for over a decade and it hasn't been causing me any trouble.

i have a small curved scar on the bottom of my chin from when i was a child and i stood on a half empty box of capri suns to see what was in teh pot for dinner, the box collapsed underneath my feet and i smacked my chin off the countertop, this resulted in my chin being split open, my mother had to feed me the spaghetti lol
unfortunately out doctors practice was packing away their stuff to relocate so we had to wait around an hour for some butterfly stitches, you can still see the scar very clearly

I have a few faded tiny scars on my right hand and one on my right arm from when my sister was really little and would dig her nails into my skin lol. I also hurt my left knee several weeks ago and now have a very noticeable scar on my knee cap. Its recently healed so its still kind of puffy, but I wonder if it will ever fade bc right now its really prominent, especially since my skin gets very pigmented when it scars.

side note but I feel like a lot of actors/people have a scar on their forehead in between their eyebrows

The acne kind 😒 Other than that, I have a very faint, small cut scar on the top of my cheek, not sure how that happened. I think I have a scar on my elbow from a rollerblading accident.

Mine don't have any kind of cool or exciting backstories, lol. Mainly just me being an idiot as a child 😔💕

1.) I have a scar on my knee from the time in like fourth grade or something when my friends and I thought it would be a good idea to play tag! On some rocks. My school had this circle of big rocks that kids could sit on (there was only like 5 or 6 though I think??? so not sure what they were for) that my friends and I thought it would be fun to play tag on. Jumping from rock to rock and such (idk how you'd even be tagged?? Must've been chaos) and being the incredibly unbalanced person I am I fell at some point, lol. Bonked my knee off a rock and I've still got the ugly raised bump to prove it :')

Ohmigosh that's like my main scar too.
Was running after a friend and I fell and scraped my knee and I thought it was a good idea to scratch it after.
For years I've been ashamed of it but now I don't care, especially since I know many others have a similar one !

2. I also have another scar on my thigh from when I had my heart surgery as a child! I was born with a hole in my heart and I was so little I can barely remember the deets afterword and before they put me under the sleep juice.

Last edited:
One on my face from when my dog bit me. My sister has a matching scar.
A few on my legs from scabs.
A few on my back from acne.

i have a little crescent-moon scar on my left thumb, and a weird blobby one on my left middle finger. i was washing dishes and a cup decided to explode on me XD

and i recently got a pretty big one on my right arm, right down the middle. i wasn't watching where i was going and walked right into a giant piece of metal. that one was super fun to deal with : /

i used to have a bunch of scars on my face from an allergic reaction i had to a medication when i was a kid; i broke out in terrible hives. but it seems like they've all slowly gone away over the years!

When I was three I hit my forehead on a table. The scar is still above my right eyebrow.

There’s also a scar on my right leg from a failed shaving attempt. That was not fun.

Back