• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What series are you currently watching?

currently finishing part 2 of jojo stone ocean, so glad it finally came out. one year for half of a season is a long wait @_@ i almost forgot most of the cast by now.

View attachment 457226
I just watched the first episode of Amazon's The Lord Of The Rings: The Rings Of Power.I've been a fan of J.R.R Tolkien's original trilogy and The Hobbit for many years and I was impressed by The Rings Of Power.Will this series live up to the legacy of Peter Jackson's series of LOTR films(not The Hobbit series)?It's too early to tell but I think they're off to a good start.
I've also started on the Rings of Power and my hopes are the same as yours. The Peter Jackson LOTR films were brilliant, the Hobbit not so much. I'm optimistic after the first episode, though. Hopefully it won't stray too much from the lore set out in the Silmarillion and the various Appendices.

I've finally descended upon k-dramas. I'm watching Mr. Queen right now and am loving it (perfect balance of history, well-done drama, comedy, and romance).

If anyone else enjoys them, I'd appreciate your recommendations.

After having all my friends tell me off over and over :p I am finally watching Breaking Bad for the first time !!!!

I am also watching Umbrella Academy for the 7th time 😅

I've also started on the Rings of Power and my hopes are the same as yours. The Peter Jackson LOTR films were brilliant, the Hobbit not so much. I'm optimistic after the first episode, though. Hopefully it won't stray too much from the lore set out in the Silmarillion and the various Appendices.
After watching the first two episodes I think I need to read The Silmarillion again.I've read that the Tolkien Estate has insisted that Amazon has to stick with the Tolkien canon and they are restricted to the Second Age of Middle Earth.That might sound limiting but after what Peter Jackson did with The Hobbit movies,I'm kind of relieved that Amazon can't alter things excessively.

I've finally descended upon k-dramas. I'm watching Mr. Queen right now and am loving it (perfect balance of history, well-done drama, comedy, and romance).

If anyone else enjoys them, I'd appreciate your recommendations.
I haven't been keeping up with k-dramas as much lately, but one of the more recent ones I watched and loved was Mr. Sunshine. Great mix of history, drama, and romance. Not much comedy in this one, though.

Queen Seondeok is an epic historical drama with action, romance, and lots of political intrigue.

City Hunter has a really good dramatic story, action, romance, and a bit of comedic relief.

My Girlfriend is a Gumiho (Nine-Tailed Fox) was my introduction to k-dramas and remains my favorite. Plenty of comedy and cute romance but also compelling stakes and drama. My husband tells me all the time that I'm his Gumiho because I act just like her minus the meat obsession.

There are plenty of other good ones, but those are my top picks.

currently watching poong and big mouth! needed something to fill the void after finishing alchemy of souls 😔

I’ve been watching Community with my parents and rewatching the first season when I not with them, lol. It’s a show about a mix of people of all ages and types in a study group at a less than adequate community college. The first season if my favorite so far, I just got to season 3. It’s a hilarious comedy with some adult humor, so not for kids! It gets crazier by the season!

The other series I’m watching is a animated show called Daria. It’s not a kids show despite being animated, but it’s not like the Simpsons or other adult cartoons. It’s a show from the 90’s also a comedy and just slightly dark humor mixed in sometimes. The show’s about the life of a cynical teenage girl named Daria that has been moved with her family to a new town. She’s in high school and is often accompanied by her new friend Jane. She’s trying to get through the crazy situations with her shallow sister and other shallow, odd or greedy people. It’s really good and I highly recommend it! It’s super funny too!

House of the Dragon! I didn't expect much from it since the disappointing ending of GoT but surprisingly it's been great so far. I like Daemon, he's impulsive and unpredictable but that's what makes him interesting.

Binged watched Modern Family during my quarantine, and I've got some extra time this week so I'm going to continue chipping through the series. It's honestly such a mood-booster.

The Queen's Gambit, my boyfriend started teaching me chess so now I'm really into it. Watched until 1am last night

I started watching Ghost Whisperer in a non-sporadic way with my boyfriend, I think we'll continue once he comes back.

Back