What's Bothering You?

A horrible smell is wafting in from outside, or the neighbor's dog crapped in the hall again.
Awful smells are the worst. Hopefully it goes away soon. I have a neighbor that burns trashy/dirty wood all the time and it stinks up the entire area. They also burn trash. Gets old having to smell that every time they decide to burn instead of throwing their trash away. Nothing like being gagged and suffocated by trashy smoke smell inside your home.

Today would have been my Mum and Dad's 47th Wedding Anniversary. I have a card and a gift for my Dad and a little pocket card from Blossom. I've included my Mum on the card as I feel if I don't it's as if she didn't exist. I'm sure my Dad will like that, but I hope it doesn't upset him.

Today me and my smallest dog were jump scared in our own yard by a loose dog that someone let out.
Luckily, it was a large playful pup trying to be playfully sneaky and didn't mean harm but neither of us realized it was near us. It waited until we both turned around to head back inside to show up. And that right there is a large behavior problem. I heard my dog jump crouch on the sidewalk out of fear, so I wondered if it lunged at him tbh. It was the same scuffle pattern sound he makes when my puppy who is bigger than him decides to pick on him and lunge at his ears, playfully, to annoy him and he is just trying to walk across the room. We were only like 10 feet from the door and I was taking him out to go potty instead of him going into the back yard because he has been trying to eat things he shouldn't lately.
If this large pup we encountered today has a bad experience with another dog while running around because I know there are aggressive dogs out there and then we encounter this pup again, it may be aggressive the second time. So just because I see this specific dog again doesn't mean it will be harmless encounter again. It will literally depend on the personality of the dog, which I do not know that dog and how it will internalize a bad encounter with another dog. And if it decides to be aggressive, it will wait until you turn around because it already does that in play to dogs it never met before, apparently.
So tired of people letting their animals out to run free. Some of them here have been known to full on attack other dogs on leash from yards away. Seen it myself. If this dog wasn't harmless it could have easily gotten my leg or snapped my dog's neck since it waited to approach us and came out of hiding as soon as we turned around. Cats here are evil too and have been known to bat at my dogs in their own fenced in yard area instead of just doing their own thing somewhere else. Or they would sit at the fence line and scream at my dogs. I watched one day to see how the temperament of the cat that likes to sit by our fence and scream at my dogs in the evenings is so I had an idea of what I was dealing with, it sat there for an hour screaming at my dogs just to scream at my dogs for no reason at all. I went out there to scare it off since it wasn't leaving no matter how long I allowed it to continue to see if the cat would just run away on its own and it still hesitated on running away with me out there yelling, waving my arms, and going near it to make it go away. :rolleyes:
Why is it so damn hard to keep your own animals on your own property? I understand accidents, but these animals are intentionally let out daily. Then they cry on neighbors doorsteps when their animal is sick or missing.
Sigh.

Also, adding this in instead of making another post...
The day gets better with getting a text requesting I be at a place in the middle of the week in 2 weeks, in the evening, without a specific time or day planned, bring a hot dish, the place being 1.5 hours away (one way, and I'm the only one who has to travel this far), and then 'asked' if I can be there. Politely decline in a way that left other options for meeting open, in hopes of something more reasonable if they still want to do something. Met with text about, you can just stay the night at such and such place and still go and some passive aggressive guilt text (which doesn't ever work on me).
I am too tired to be dealing with nonsense, I don't care if it is something about how so and so is here after 5 years. I don't expect this kind of way out of the way stuff with others and would never request it. I'm on empty right now and I have responsibilities too even if they aren't seen as important as other people's stuff. I can't just camp out someplace and I shouldn't be expected too. I have my own family even if it isn't nuclear and I'm not just gonna randomly leave them in the middle of a week night for something that is just not that important, sorry not sorry visiting family member?? And I am not well, and haven't been well in a long time which carries its own challenges. Who in the right mind would ask someone with kids this kind of thing? Or any other family member who has their own life?Selfish or Lazy or Realistic Boundaries? I don't care. 🫥 Sometimes I feel like I am not seen as a real person by other people because I am a smaller person and I look way younger than what I am.

Last edited:
I went to an exhibit for the Holocaust yesterday. I'm not the most educated on this stuff I will admit.

But geez. Man it hit hard seeing the victim memorabilia. The most depraved and brutal things the human imagination can conjecture really did happen to millions.

There was account of them taking a group of 90 people and forcing them to drink ocean water until they collapsed.

It's rare for stuff like this to stick with me. I came out with a different point of view and newfound respect for the importance of history. I'm glad for taking a walk through it.

But even as 'history'. It's just all so recent. I had grandparents alive at the time of this.

I went to an exhibit for the Holocaust yesterday. I'm not the most educated on this stuff I will admit.

But geez. Man it hit hard seeing the victim memorabilia. The most depraved and brutal things the human imagination can conjecture really did happen to millions.

There was account of them taking a group of 90 people and forcing them to drink ocean water until they collapsed.

It's rare for stuff like this to stick with me. I came out with a different point of view and newfound respect for the importance of history. I'm glad for taking a walk through it.

But even as 'history'. It's just all so recent. I had grandparents alive at the time of this.
These are definitely times that it's important to sit with your discomfort than ignore it. And the Holocaust is certainly one of them.

I'm actually planning a trip to visit the site of the Bergen-Belsen concentration camp, as I knew a man (now passed) who was there as a child and thankfully survived long enough to see it liberated. His story has always stuck with me.

i’m getting very annoyed w school problems; i changed my major to nursing which required me to change my schedule to fit the prerequisites i need but it won’t let me register for them
usually i wouldn’t be so stressed out but the one class i really need only has one seat left, so i’ve contacted my advisor who told me to contact the it help desk, who then told me to contact the registrars office 😐 they told me to send an email with the classes i need and they’ll manually register me for them, but they haven’t and i’m just getting more stressed thinking about not being able to get the class i really need

Had a rough couple of days at work. Won't go into details about each individual thing but there have been issues with my pay, false long-term absence letters (I was off 3 days) threatening to cut my pay issued by someone outside the service (only senior management or the head of service should issue me this type of letter if one was required), internal dept issues, I found out I'm being relocated for a few weeks in the summer but don't know when or where, my health issues are causing me fatigue and pain, aaaand my CBT got cancelled last minute on a day it could have really helped to talk to someone.

Upside, due to my mental disability my employer implemented a "buddy system" for me a couple of months back. If I feel overwhelmed I'm to call him. I felt it was silly at first, especially as my assigned buddy is on annual leave and my back-up buddy is a senior manager, but I emailed him and he came and sat with me for 30 minutes in my office while I vented. And he related. And it helped a lot. Executive dysfunction is a ***** but he helped me work through the stressors contributing to it today. He told me to take a 10 minute break after he left, then to find a small job that felt conquerable. After that I was able to tackle some of the bigger dept issues.

He told me he'll handle most of what has happened this week on my behalf. And gave me a strategy plan for tackling the dept issue. And that the issue with this false letter has been escalated to the head of service. This senior manager has seen me every day while my line manager is on AL and knows I've taken no LTA, so I have someone reputable to vouch for me and say, "yep, Chris has been at work everyday for his full hours."

He absolutely saved me from a spiral today. But I did have to correct him that my name is Christian not Christopher. 🙄😂

These are definitely times that it's important to sit with your discomfort than ignore it. And the Holocaust is certainly one of them.

I'm actually planning a trip to visit the site of the Bergen-Belsen concentration camp, as I knew a man (now passed) who was there as a child and thankfully survived long enough to see it liberated. His story has always stuck with me.

For me - I've never actually gotten to see anything holocaust related outside of school textbooks. (and maybe the occasional film like Schindler's List). So it was my first time morphing those textual images into reality.

The disturbing part sank in with seeing just how effectively systematic the extermination process was. They had videos of the victims being stuffed into the trains. If I'm not mistaken, around 90% of Jews in Poland were wiped out. I envisioned the Holocaust as a messy affair, but not like a cognitive machine.

That doesn't even get into the live human experiment stuff. As if it wasn't enough to wipe them out. They turned children into science projects.

It was a learning experience though.

I didn’t have to drive at all last week, which was kind of relieving, but I have to actually do it now. Anyway, today, unlike before, my dad got the son of one of his friends to help me. I’m always stressed when I’m driving with my dad or especially my mom, because they always get at least a little pissed every time I make a mistake, especially if it’s something I did correctly before. But this guy didn’t ever do that. For the first time, I felt relaxed while driving. Idk is it normal to feel calm while doing that? It was kind of weird but I liked it 😊
Well, yeah, I thought that, but today I had to go driving again, and he did get a little annoyed that I kept messing up on relatively simple things, like staying in the right lane. Not as bad as my mom or dad, but still.

I feel like all I ever do is just piss people off. And these are people I know, not random strangers on the road.

People can just be horrible. The war crimes committed by many during WW2 is very haunting. Some of the stuff the Japanese military did isn't as well known, but is very messed up. Sadly it's what happens when you get a bunch of young unsupervised soldiers who won't suffer consequences for their actions and things like this can happen. Don't look up the Massacre of Nanking. The Japanese soldiers did horrible things to the civilians, even babies. And treated it like it was a game.

War is horrible, but it is the right thing to do to remember all that happened regardless of how horrible those atrocities are and how horrible and irredeemable those people were/are.

I went to the store and got a soda and snack.

Well, on the way out I tried to open the wrong car door. I tend to walk and daydream. So I wasn't exactly aware of what I was doing.

Nobody was around. Saved me from a cringe worthy moment.

... Aside from that, there are people in this world who will use any excuse to hurt others. I realized after that moment I could have easily ended up on the wrong end of someone's temper.

There was a girl who was shot for making that exact same mistake. He actually followed her across the parking lot.

I was thinking about that a lot today. I told my mom who actually wasn't upset at me. She said it's a very easy mistake to make.

But those kinds of scenarios can go wrong very easily.

I'm sick and tired of life. Feels like people look outside of themselves rarely. Only when it affects them. And then they impose their will or control until they're in a good position again. No one actually truly cares about anyone else anymore, or at least that's the way it feels. Family imposes restrictions and changes saying they're for the better good, when in actuality they're not. And it goes beyond that too. Schools, organizations, governments, and nations do the same thing. Can't remember the last time someone genuinely cared about me outside of a handful of instances. Hard to tell when people are being genuine these days too.

I've grown sick of it all. I miss how things used to be, when my mom was alive.

I don't need hug reacts for this. Just needed to state how I'm truly feeling.

I'm sick and tired of life. Feels like people look outside of themselves rarely. Only when it affects them. And then they impose their will or control until they're in a good position again. No one actually truly cares about anyone else anymore, or at least that's the way it feels. Family imposes restrictions and changes saying they're for the better good, when in actuality they're not. And it goes beyond that too. Schools, organizations, governments, and nations do the same thing. Can't remember the last time someone genuinely cared about me outside of a handful of instances. Hard to tell when people are being genuine these days too.

I've grown sick of it all. I miss how things used to be, when my mom was alive.

I don't need hug reacts for this. Just needed to state how I'm truly feeling.
Piggybacking off of you, it really is hard to tell when people are genuine these days. It feels like you can't trust someone anymore, since you never know what kind of intentions that someone will have.

Back