• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's your biggest 'unpopular/controversial' opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel the same way, GreenOctagons! Never saw the point in clubbing and don't feel like watching a stressful show like "Game of Thrones." I'm just happy watching "Courage the Cowardly Dog" that has been on Cartoon Network every night, with my two dogs.

This is likely a controversial one, but unions suck. Work ethic should always be valued over seniority. Unions protect terrible workers. People do the bare minimum and are getting paid $18 an hour just because they’ve been there for 10+ years. Meanwhile, someone who works their ass off is only getting $10 something, and is treated like crap within the union. I will never work for another union.

I sniffed a “hemp” scented air freshener and almost threw up. It was one of those little pine tree shaped air fresheners and they have this little patch that you can scratch to see what the scent is like. I thought it was almost as bad as the Galaxy one that they have which is really nasty. The hemp one smelled like a corpse to me and I’m wondering why would anyone want an air freshener that makes their car smell even worse than it already does? If the car didn’t smell so bad then people would not be shopping for an air freshener to put in the car.
ew that does sound really awful lol, wild that people actually enjoy that smell so much

anything with hemp that involves having to be around its smell when present is just awful

Okay, I’ve kept this opinion to myself for ages because it’s super unpopular, but I can’t hide it anymore. I don’t think chokers look very good. In fact I think they look more uncomfortable to wear than anything else.

Okay, I’ve kept this opinion to myself for ages because it’s super unpopular, but I can’t hide it anymore. I don’t think chokers look very good. In fact I think they look more uncomfortable to wear than anything else.
It sort of depends on how it is held on. Some have chains in the back that can be used like any other necklace and don’t feel uncomfortable or you just tie it on in the back.

I agree, most are kinda ugly too honestly...also those tank tops with a choker neck and stuff just why lol.

I've always thought the same thing! There was a huge phase in school where lots of girls would wear them, especially those stretchy netting styled ones. Always black. Having something around my neck like that is kinda scary to me.

I think people put way too much pressure on themselves and others to "have purpose" or to do certain things just because "that's what people do". - Which is not to say that I think everyone should lay around and be lazy and do nothing...but, I recently had an experience with someone who I thought viewed things similarly as I did, and I found out that she is just as insecure as everyone else when it comes to "belonging" or "having purpose" in life. It made me really sad, actually.

Anyway, I say that this is an unpopular opinion...because, I think very few people actually practice this mentality. Plenty of people walk around saying that the "meaning of life" is to be happy and do what you love...but most people just go right along with the flow of things. They tend to lose who they really are, because it's easier to just assimilate with the behavior of those around them.

I actually enjoyed Halloween Ends. I think the relationship between Corey and Michael Meyers and Corey and his love interest were charming. Because most movies are so self aware/ironic these days, I really appreciate some good genuine corniness. Even the soundtrack was decent.

Actually, my least favorite parts of the movie were the parts with Jamie Lee Curtis. I have no interest in watching her fight Michael Meyers for the hundredth time. The franchise is stale and I think introducing a new character like Corey is exactly what was needed. Halloween Kills was an infinitely worse and unwatchable movie.

Soggy cereal > crunchy cereal

Not an opinion, not a debate or theory. Just a fact of life 👻🌳

It's funny you bring this up because it has been my overwhelming experience that eating cereal dry instead of with milk (soggy) has brought a lot of unwanted attention to myself.

I ate cereal for lunch at a former workplace and people kept on hounding me for not eating it with milk. This one coworker kept on bothering me about it and would not stop. I told him I was allergic to milk, he then starts telling me I should eat it with those non-dairy milks (many of which I'm also allergic to, like almond milk) and I'm just like DUDE. Maybe I like my cereal dry? And it literally doesn't matter one bit. Not at all. It did not effect him, it does not effect anyone. WHO CARES?! He was so obsessive.

I'm so glad my coworkers at my current job aren't so nosy. I eat cereal for lunch there too now and have never had a word said to me, miraculously.

It's funny you bring this up because it has been my overwhelming experience that eating cereal dry instead of with milk (soggy) has brought a lot of unwanted attention to myself.

I ate cereal for lunch at a former workplace and people kept on hounding me for not eating it with milk. This one coworker kept on bothering me about it and would not stop. I told him I was allergic to milk, he then starts telling me I should eat it with those non-dairy milks (many of which I'm also allergic to, like almond milk) and I'm just like DUDE. Maybe I like my cereal dry? And it literally doesn't matter one bit. Not at all. It did not effect him, it does not effect anyone. WHO CARES?! He was so obsessive.

I'm so glad my coworkers at my current job aren't so nosy. I eat cereal for lunch there too now and have never had a word said to me, miraculously.

I don't eat cereal anymore to be honest, but I find it odd people would find that weird considering they have those miniature cereal packets at a lot of places that you can just eat dry. Sorry that people have been annoying in that way. I would be annoyed as well.

---

My unpopular opinion for now is that khaki pants don't look good. I'll never wear them unless I have to.

Story of my life as a kid. I munched on dry cereal straight out of those mini cereal boxes they gave out at school, it was like eating crunchy, sugary chips. My favorite was and still is frosted flakes.

720p, 1080p, 4K whatever graphics all look exactly the same to me
I don't really understand the point in wanting to always get things in 4K or whatever besides that "ooh the graphics are so good" feeling that (personally speaking) only lasts a short while and having something to brag about or I don't know
I remember getting the switch for the first time and playing MK8D and seeing the graphics and admiring them because prior to that I only had poor graphics video games, now the switch graphics are all same-y call me back later in 2030 when the graphics improve
personally our TVs have 1080p but honestly I don't really care about gaming in high resolution, I don't mind playing a game in 720p or maybe even 480p resolution...
View attachment 464935
I feel the same way

Story of my life as a kid. I munched on dry cereal straight out of those mini cereal boxes they gave out at school, it was like eating crunchy, sugary chips. My favorite was and still is frosted flakes.
I loved Sugar Crisp dry. With milk they were gross.

Soggy cereal > crunchy cereal

Not an opinion, not a debate or theory. Just a fact of life 👻🌳

i also feel the same way! been having soggy weetabix for breakfast pretty often, especially back in the day when i woke up early to go to school (and i still consume soggy cereal pretty happily)! waiting for the milk to do its magic is fab

my sister doesn't understand my way of life + my madre and padre would much prefer regular cereal xd

I don’t know if I already posted this but on a lighthearted note, Tinker Tailor Soldier Sailor Rich Man Poor Man Beggar Man Thief is very underrated and one of my favorite songs from A Moon-Shaped Pool. Yes, Tinker Tailor Soldier Sailor Rich Man Poor Man Beggar Man Thief is the real song title. I always remember it by opposing parts, tinker v tailor, soldier v sailor, rich v poor, beggar v thief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back