• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's your biggest 'unpopular/controversial' opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
showa pop >>>>> city pop.

There are some 80s Japanese singers/bands I like but this whole citypop > vaporwave thing is really ehhh to me personally.

It's funny you bring this up because it has been my overwhelming experience that eating cereal dry instead of with milk (soggy) has brought a lot of unwanted attention to myself.

I ate cereal for lunch at a former workplace and people kept on hounding me for not eating it with milk. This one coworker kept on bothering me about it and would not stop. I told him I was allergic to milk, he then starts telling me I should eat it with those non-dairy milks (many of which I'm also allergic to, like almond milk) and I'm just like DUDE. Maybe I like my cereal dry? And it literally doesn't matter one bit. Not at all. It did not effect him, it does not effect anyone. WHO CARES?! He was so obsessive.

I'm so glad my coworkers at my current job aren't so nosy. I eat cereal for lunch there too now and have never had a word said to me, miraculously.
Yeah that's not really an unpopular opinion. About the whole cereal being better with milk debate. My family was more on the poor side growing up. So I often ate cereal without milk. It's funny how judgemental people are over the most trivial things and don't really know when they're crossing the line and needing to mind their own business.

It's funny how judgemental people are over the most trivial things and don't really know when they're crossing the line and needing to mind their own business.
The world would be a lot better if people would just mind their own business. People should be allowed to do things without fear of being judged.

Also, I actually like traveling on Coach buses and the train. You have more freedom with what you can bring and I like how peaceful the rocking of the train is. I don’t like airplanes.

The world would be a lot better if people would just mind their own business. People should be allowed to do things without fear of being judged.

Also, I actually like traveling on Coach buses and the train. You have more freedom with what you can bring and I like how peaceful the rocking of the train is. I don’t like airplanes.
I love the feeling of subways moving. It's so relaxing for some reason.

I’m not into celebrities, I’m not interested in who’s in what movie because more than likely I won’t know who it is. (I mean of course I know the obvious actors like DiCaprio, Pitt, Sandra Bullock… yup that’s all I can name rn.)
This, the only "celebs" I really follow are those of Johnny's Entertainment that have their official Instagram, as well as a couple from Turkiye/Turkey that I like (Livaneli and Taner Akyol) so yeah. If there is some known actor I like, sure I try to watch their movies perhaps, but I feel a lot of today only do stuff on streaming platforms (that I don't use or have) so I definitely don't know most these days.

the "trend" of adding cheese to food is awful and ruins it. i'm not a big cheese fan anyways, i only really like mozarella, but man people pouring super yellow cheese on fries, noodles, tacos ETC ruins it for me. stooop doing that.

just as a whole, instagram food sucks.

the "trend" of adding cheese to food is awful and ruins it. i'm not a big cheese fan anyways, i only really like mozarella, but man people pouring super yellow cheese on fries, noodles, tacos ETC ruins it for me. stooop doing that.
It really depends on the food. For me, I love cheese fries, but I don’t know how I’d feel about putting cheese on yellow cheese on pizza or soup. Some foods just don’t go well together even if cheese is good by itself. It’s the gray area. Still, I’m not a huge fan of cheese. I really only like pepper jack and other spicy cheeses.

Selling your items for less than marketplace value is better than not selling them at all.

People seem so stuck on numbers that they don't budge when their product isn't selling and therefore end up not selling it at all and it just blows my mind. I'd rather make $20 off an item 'worth' $80 if I really wanted it gone. This goes for companies too. HMV had a closing sale that was 30% off all products. 30%? That's it? It was really something.

Also people who think their junk is worth more than it is. Nobody is paying $700 for a used couch. It doesn't matter that you paid $1000 for it, it's not worth $700.

It really depends on the food. For me, I love cheese fries, but I don’t know how I’d feel about putting cheese on yellow cheese on pizza or soup. Some foods just don’t go well together even if cheese is good by itself. It’s the gray area. Still, I’m not a huge fan of cheese. I really only like pepper jack and other spicy cheeses.
i do love some good chili cheese fries! im thinking moreso foods like this, where they drown it in cheese for no reason:

mac-and-cheese-burger.jpg

I have a digital artist one—I don't like using vector layers for lineart. A lot of digital artists absolutely swear by them, but I don't like the way it makes my lines behave, and I can get the effects I want more easily (and with less cleanup) just doing it by hand versus using the vector layer tools.

i do love some good chili cheese fries! im thinking moreso foods like this, where they drown it in cheese for no reason:

I find hamburgers super gross anyway and never understood their popularity. Covered in cheese it’s like ten times as gross >.<

Relating to RuPaul’s Drag Race, I blame the toxic fan base on Tyra Sanchez finally snapping and going on an emotionally charged rampage. For years she had death threats sent to her and hate filled messages all because she won her season which she mostly did to get custody of her son and to provide a good life for him. Toxic fans seem to overlook this fact. They told her that she “didn’t deserve to win” and even threatened to hurt her son which is what was the straw that broke the camel’s back. Of course she’s going to be angry and start yelling at you people. You just threatened her son’s life and any parent would go ballistic at that point. If someone said that Willow Pill or Sasha Velour didn’t deserve to win their seasons and constantly send them death threats and hate mail for years fans would come to their defense immediately. But no one ever defended Tyra and I think that is both hypocritical and wrong. So it’s okay to tell Tyra that she doesn’t deserve to be a winner and to threaten to hurt her and her own family but not any other queen? Does anyone else see what’s wrong with this picture?

Selling your items for less than marketplace value is better than not selling them at all.

People seem so stuck on numbers that they don't budge when their product isn't selling and therefore end up not selling it at all and it just blows my mind. I'd rather make $20 off an item 'worth' $80 if I really wanted it gone. This goes for companies too. HMV had a closing sale that was 30% off all products. 30%? That's it? It was really something.

Also people who think their junk is worth more than it is. Nobody is paying $700 for a used couch. It doesn't matter that you paid $1000 for it, it's not worth $700.
Nike destroys its old shoes that don't sell. They even tell retailers not to bother sending them back and just destroy them. And they're not the only ones.

I've done it before. It's just not worth the hassle with such a busy schedule to worry about making $10-30. I mean I don't destroy it, I just don't bother. When I get enough clutter, I send it all to the Good Will or get the Purple Heart to come and get it all. To much nonsense to weed through with flaky people texting you and the such. And then after it's all said and done, you get $20 out of that painful transaction? No thank you.

Everyone's always looking to cheat a normal person trying to make a few dollars on something they own but don't even bat an eye when corporate America keeps inflating their prices. I get what you are saying about people asking for too much, but really you drop the price too much and you get all the idiots coming out of the woods that waste your time.

Nike destroys its old shoes that don't sell. They even tell retailers not to bother sending them back and just destroy them. And they're not the only ones.

I've done it before. It's just not worth the hassle with such a busy schedule to worry about making $10-30. I mean I don't destroy it, I just don't bother. When I get enough clutter, I send it all to the Good Will or get the Purple Heart to come and get it all. To much nonsense to weed through with flaky people texting you and the such. And then after it's all said and done, you get $20 out of that painful transaction? No thank you.

Everyone's always looking to cheat a normal person trying to make a few dollars on something they own but don't even bat an eye when corporate America keeps inflating their prices. I get what you are saying about people asking for too much, but really you drop the price too much and you get all the idiots coming out of the woods that waste your time.
Oh for sure. Funny when you post something as free and they ask for delivery. Like what? I'm not paying gas, mileage, and my time to give you something for free.

I do the same as you these days. I just donate everything to a donation center. I can't be bothered to deal with no shows.

I initially read this as TBT Marketplace but I think it goes for that too.

And yeah people selling used things for overprices just cause it's old/brand even though it's obviously broke drive me nuts too.

Oh I HATE when they do that to burgers. One restaurant did that to a burger I ordered and I haven't been back there since. When they pour cheese like that on it it just looks gross and completely ruins the entire burger for me.
Post automatically merged:

One unpopular opinion that goes well with this holiday season is that I actually like hearing Christmas songs in November. Bring on Mariah Carey's All I Want For Christmas!

I HATE peanut butter and everything that has to do with peanut butter and some people hate me for that 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back