• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's your biggest 'unpopular/controversial' opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One unpopular opinion that goes well with this holiday season is that I actually like hearing Christmas songs in November. Bring on Mariah Carey's All I Want For Christmas!
As long as the songs start in November and not before I don't mind either.

Oh I HATE when they do that to burgers. One restaurant did that to a burger I ordered and I haven't been back there since. When they pour cheese like that on it it just looks gross and completely ruins the entire burger for me.
Post automatically merged:

One unpopular opinion that goes well with this holiday season is that I actually like hearing Christmas songs in November. Bring on Mariah Carey's All I Want For Christmas!
I love Christmas music!! Everyone gets annoyed but it's what I look forward to the second summer ends!

-I'm not one for superhero movies and anime. I'm not necessarily saying that I hate them - It's just not my thing.

-Breath of the Wild is NOT the best Zelda game. Yes, the game itself is good, but to say that it's the best in the series probably means you haven't played the other good Zelda games.

-I honestly never understood why the Wii U and Gamecube sold so little. I don't have either consoles, but they both have games that I'm dying to play and they seem like solid additions to the Nintendo family.

-Writing fanfiction about real people is a huuuge NO. I can never stand by this, especially if the material is explicit. These are real people who have real lives. Need I say more? They can also read these fics too (or a friend/family member of theirs). I have an online friend who does this, too...
finally someone else on here doesn't think BOTW is an amazing game. Ty ty

I love Christmas music!! Everyone gets annoyed but it's what I look forward to the second summer ends!
I love Christmas music too. I also love the decorations and in my huge music box collection I have at least fifty different Christmas/winter themed pieces with two playing pretty rare Christmas music box movement songs that you don’t see very often. The one Christmas themed music box that I really would love to find and own is a miniature Christmas tree that has drawers or compartments that hold tiny ornaments that you hang on the tree that is an Advent calendar. I get excited seeing the Christmas decorations start to appear in stores and sales start happening as I can buy all of the toys that I collect and save money doing so and no one can judge me either because they will think I’m just doing some Christmas shopping for my nonexistent kids.

I have another unpopular/controversial opinion that is HUGE for me and I've been thinking about it for years.

I've always absolutely hated the phrases, "it'll happen when it happens." Or, "let it happen" when people talk about love. Or try, "it'll happen when you least expect it."

BIG FAT NO!! Someone's who you're also interested in isn't just going to ask you out randomly. Maybe it happens sometimes, but very rarely actually. Most of the time you have to make an actual effort and put yourself out there in order to find someone. I'm not saying it should be forced or anything, but it just bothers the crap out of me when people say the above phrases. Sure, it'll happen when it happens. It'll happen when the sun just explodes. 🙄

(By the way, I'm not salty because I am in a relationship, this is just something I've thought for a long time)

Similarly, I dislike when people say “if it’s meant to happen, it’ll happen.” You have to put effort forth and actually try. What’s meant to happen doesn’t make any sense. If you want it bad enough, you’ll put effort forth and hard work will pay off. It has nothing to do with being meant to happen.

I find that just to be an excuse for laziness at this point.

my madre keeps referring to christmas being a bad word (she doesnt want us to mention it yet as its the start of november), not gonna lie she would not like you lmaoo

my madre doesnt want me singing christmas songs yet either 😔

i have to agree! i like to wait a few weeks into november before i start tuning into the christmas music but it's such a nice time of the year. i've always found it to be such a magical time, ever since i was really little. and i don't even traditionally celebrate it. i think i'm just a sucker for any holiday where people can gather, eat/and or dress up.

I have another unpopular/controversial opinion that is HUGE for me and I've been thinking about it for years.

I've always absolutely hated the phrases, "it'll happen when it happens." Or, "let it happen" when people talk about love. Or try, "it'll happen when you least expect it."

BIG FAT NO!! Someone's who you're also interested in isn't just going to ask you out randomly. Maybe it happens sometimes, but very rarely actually. Most of the time you have to make an actual effort and put yourself out there in order to find someone. I'm not saying it should be forced or anything, but it just bothers the crap out of me when people say the above phrases. Sure, it'll happen when it happens. It'll happen when the sun just explodes. 🙄

(By the way, I'm not salty because I am in a relationship, this is just something I've thought for a long time)
^^this so much. regardless if it's relationships or something it's like.. people should stop saying it man it's just annoying ugh.

or as i mentioned before (ithink) when people say "it is what it is" or stuff. like no it's not, with some actual effort it didn't have to happen, lol...

Courtney Cox is such a horrible actress that was never good to begin with. How she keeps getting roles when a corpse would be a much better actor compared to her is beyond my understanding.

schools should get rid of science after 8th grade. im in 11th and let me tell you, i haven’t learned anything good in science in the last 2 years. i don’t need to know what’s in a fricking plant cell or how to calculate velocity.. useless. or i guess what i mean is that schools should stop teaching all this useless knowledge and start teaching the actual important scientific info

schools should get rid of science after 8th grade. im in 11th and let me tell you, i haven’t learned anything good in science in the last 2 years. i don’t need to know what’s in a fricking plant cell or how to calculate velocity.. useless.
Same with math. All high school math is useless, I haven't used one thing from it.
English as well. All you do is read crappy books and lame Shakespeare plays. Nothing useful.

Same with math. All high school math is useless, I haven't used one thing from it.
English as well. All you do is read crappy books and lame Shakespeare plays. Nothing useful.
My guidance counselor forced me to take a math my senior year even though I had enough to graduate without it. She actually threatened me and said that I “would never be accepted in any college” if I didn’t agree to it and she wouldn’t let me leave her office either. Which was extremely unfair as I needed at least one more study hall to help me do school work because I struggled in a few classes due to having undiagnosed Asperger’s which affected my learning and after being diagnosed with it, I could have used that time improving my Spanish verb conjugations which were pretty bad instead of a class that exhibited my learning disability at its worst. I look at equations and all I see is a jumbled mess that I cannot understand. There were even other seniors that had five study halls a day that still got to graduate. If I ever see that awful woman again, I’m telling her that she ruined my life as being forced to take that math class did not improve my life and that I really could have used another study hall to not become so burned out three months into the school year and make my already badly affected mental health even worse and caused my grades to drop rapidly because it took so much energy just for me to make it through a single school day without having a meltdown that ended with me hurting myself. A study hall during last period I think could have helped me greatly but no that guidance counselor had to threaten me to take a math class that period which I cut by staying in the learning support classroom and never got in trouble for it because I was doing all my assignments there anyway like I had wanted.

Relating to RuPaul’s Drag Race, I blame the toxic fan base on Tyra Sanchez finally snapping and going on an emotionally charged rampage. For years she had death threats sent to her and hate filled messages all because she won her season which she mostly did to get custody of her son and to provide a good life for him. Toxic fans seem to overlook this fact. They told her that she “didn’t deserve to win” and even threatened to hurt her son which is what was the straw that broke the camel’s back. Of course she’s going to be angry and start yelling at you people. You just threatened her son’s life and any parent would go ballistic at that point. If someone said that Willow Pill or Sasha Velour didn’t deserve to win their seasons and constantly send them death threats and hate mail for years fans would come to their defense immediately. But no one ever defended Tyra and I think that is both hypocritical and wrong. So it’s okay to tell Tyra that she doesn’t deserve to be a winner and to threaten to hurt her and her own family but not any other queen? Does anyone else see what’s wrong with this picture?
The fandom has always had a problem with toxicity and WOW did nothing in the earlier seasons to help these queens. No social media help/monitoring, no therapy provided, nothing. I will forever be upset that Tyra was dragged through the mud by the earlier fans because she was phenomenal on her season & outside of drag race, and could have had an amazing career for herself in drag had it not been tarnished by toxicity. We're seeing it a lot with new queens too, Brita Filter comes to mind.
I do think Tyra did go overboard on certain things I.E the DragCon threats but it sounded like a cry for help rather than a genuine threat. I understand people being apprehensive to support her after that though.

Aw man no fair you get science?? My school doesn't care about us doing science past 8th grade because the other subjects are more important and science is my favorite subject 😞
to be fair i don’t like any subjects/or school in general lol but i would agree that science (if you’re learning about the useful stuff) is among one of the most important subjects so it’s kind of weird that your school doesn’t have it.

Yeah after you learn like mandatory basic maths you don't really use it unless you want to be like, engineer or stuff lol.

I didn't mind english too much but high school was rather useless lol we only did like powerpoint slides and mock tests lol.

Yeah after you learn like mandatory basic maths you don't really use it unless you want to be like, engineer or stuff lol.

I didn't mind english too much but high school was rather useless lol we only did like powerpoint slides and mock tests lol.
Yeah that's true. What I don't get is why it it a mandatory subject in later grades? In my school it was mandatory from grades 9-11. Have the classes there for people to take if they wish or need to for college/university, but don't force everyone to take it. It's useless for the majority of the population.

Yeah that's true. What I don't get is why it it a mandatory subject in later grades? In my school it was mandatory from grades 9-11. Have the classes there for people to take if they wish or need to for college/university, but don't force everyone to take it. It's useless for the majority of the population.
Yeah and if you have learning difficulties for any reason it's way too hard unless you get proper help. I struggled with maths in grade 10 because you HAD to take some not so-basic maths class and I barely passed ugh.

Yeah and if you have learning difficulties for any reason it's way too hard unless you get proper help. I struggled with maths in grade 10 because you HAD to take some not so-basic maths class and I barely passed ugh.
Me too! And in my school they had three levels for each subject (college, mixed, and university) which meant you were learning more in uni class and in college it was slower paced. I found college too slow so I moved to mixed and it literally was just like uni, not in the middle for difficulty at all. It was a struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back