• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's your biggest 'unpopular/controversial' opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I am almost 25 years old and everything I learned in school turned out to be completely useless. Aside from basic math and understand of the English language, it’s not necessary. Never have I needed to know how many planets there are or which president was involved in the Cold War.

Science definitely wasn’t my strong point either. The furthest I got was Biology, lol.

History was actually one of my favourite subject, probably because the times I grew up in sucked, lol. These times still do.

I liked most science, aside from physics since you needed a lot of maths for that.

I feel like art is a rng dice depending on what teacher you have. Mine really sucked cause rather than being inspiring and let us create she just went by the book and maybe let us do like, 1 free work that wasn't part of that book. This was in high school and she basically only did basic art techniques that you learn in like, 5th grade idk, of kind rather than letting us develop.

This isn't necessarily controversial, but being on social media long enough has shown me that people only truly appreciate things when they believe there is a deeper meaning to everything! Like movies, books, etc, have to always be very intelligent and thought provoking in order to be liked. And I agree that things like these are fantastic, but sometimes, its also good to like things simply because. Not everything has to force you to think and contemplate your own life and experiences; Sometimes things can just be fun and can be left at that!

Sometimes things can just be fun and can be left at that!
This so much. Or just deep/heart-warming/bad/creepy at that, I hate presenting what feels like long power-point slides just because I say something is just fun/bad/cool or whatever. Sheesh.

And yeah some stuff I just want to enjoy because I enjoy, not necessarily write essays how deep they are.

This isn't necessarily controversial, but being on social media long enough has shown me that people only truly appreciate things when they believe there is a deeper meaning to everything! Like movies, books, etc, have to always be very intelligent and thought provoking in order to be liked. And I agree that things like these are fantastic, but sometimes, its also good to like things simply because. Not everything has to force you to think and contemplate your own life and experiences; Sometimes things can just be fun and can be left at that!
I fully agree. Sometimes I don't want something to think deeply about. For example, I find most cute girls doing cute things anime irritating but I adore K-On for whatever reason. Is it a deep anime? No. But is that okay? Yes. That's also a reason why I love slice of life anime. It just allows me to relax without having to feel super emotional about what I'm watching. Most of the time I want deep meaning things but here and there I want something mindless.

I shouldn't??? Why not O: I spend like 10 minutes rinsing (jasmine) rice and it's a pain but it always turns out nice and fluffy
I usually cook short grain calrose rice and if it's rinsed then it won't stick together as well for things like musubi and rice balls (though I'll admit different cooking methods and what you're using it for also affect the end product)

Eeee people won't like these
Erik is a way better villager then Beau
Erik needs more love then Beau
I do not understand the appeal of Kirby(the character not the franchise)
he is literally just a pink blob with shoe feet that inhales everything I don't see the cuteness
I don't hate Kirby but he isn't cute at all to me
raise the pitchforks at me lol
I agree about the Erik>Beau thing.

I like Kirby games but I also agree he's a bit overrrated, most side characters/bosses are way more lovable imo.

all restaurants should have a picture menu. i understand why they don’t because of printing/ink costs but they should at least provide one on their websites. im the type of person who wants to know exactly what they’re getting when im ordering something.

all restaurants should have a picture menu. i understand why they don’t because of printing/ink costs but they should at least provide one on their websites. im the type of person who wants to know exactly what they’re getting when im ordering something.
And it’d be easier for people who can’t read or speak English communicate what they’d like to have.

Absolutely! This would help with portions too. It's hard to know how big something will be.

This and pictures if it contain like nuts/other common allergies, or at least maybe some note you can take and show whoever is the waiter serving you.

I actually strongly dislike the Power Rangers. I just never liked them at all. Other kids my age loved them but I would rather watch QVC over them if given a choice. I had one action figure of the Red Ranger and I used to put him on trial for random things and find him guilty and the punishment would be him having to have a full holiday parade go by right on top of his body.

Concerts and festivals are so just overpriced these days. It’s no wonder I have no desire to attend regardless of who’s performing.

I actually strongly dislike the Power Rangers. I just never liked them at all. Other kids my age loved them but I would rather watch QVC over them if given a choice. I had one action figure of the Red Ranger and I used to put him on trial for random things and find him guilty and the punishment would be him having to have a full holiday parade go by right on top of his body.
It’s funny you mentioned QVC—I loved that channel for a long time. I usually tuned into the old lady clothes programs, even though I didn’t want to buy anything. My favorite programs were the Christmas ones—I found them nostalgic and comforting. I used it as background noise often. When I was a little, my favorite channel was JTV (Jewelry Television). I would spend hours watching it, mesmirized by all the rings and stuff spinning on a plate. TL;DR: shopping channels were a cool little part of my childhood.

It’s funny you mentioned QVC—I loved that channel for a long time. I usually tuned into the old lady clothes programs, even though I didn’t want to buy anything. My favorite programs were the Christmas ones—I found them nostalgic and comforting. I used it as background noise often. When I was a little, my favorite channel was JTV (Jewelry Television). I would spend hours watching it, mesmirized by all the rings and stuff spinning on a plate. TL;DR: shopping channels were a cool little part of my childhood.
I would sit there watching QVC for hours. I was forced to stop watching it when I started to role play it and it was literally all I’d watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back