• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's your biggest 'unpopular/controversial' opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hate Duck Hunt. In Smash Ultimate, I flat out refuse to unlock that ugly thing or even use its stage and if I see anyone using it in an online match with me, I will quit. That freaking ugly face doesn’t deserve to be in Smash! Dixie Kong keeps being rejected despite being a beloved character from the DK series and fans asking for her inclusion since Melee but this ugly thing gets in?!

I really hate Duck Hunt. In Smash Ultimate, I flat out refuse to unlock that ugly thing or even use its stage and if I see anyone using it in an online match with me, I will quit. That freaking ugly face doesn’t deserve to be in Smash! Dixie Kong keeps being rejected despite being a beloved character from the DK series and fans asking for her inclusion since Melee but this ugly thing gets in?!
I feel this way about Banjo. He's punchable. His face and that stupid ayuck! laugh thing he does. But Ness in Smash drives me up the wall the most. His voice is among the worst for me.

Sonic Frontiers is overhyped and it's not even Game Of The Year worthy, it's more of an alright game in my opinion.

I don't have a problem with the game itself, just the fans who overhype the game to be some sort of 'artistic masterpiece' and shut down any form of critique for Sonic Frontiers.

For me, the game is 7/10 at best. Not great but a step to a right direction with were Sonic games were heading.

(also Sonic franchise isn't my cup of tea but, congrats on the fans who long waited for a Sonic game that isn't downright bad like Sonic Forces and worthy to compare with early 2000's Sonic games)

The first Pokemon anime English OP is overrated. Whenever it comes on, I honestly find it boring to listen to. Literally any of the others (at least til Battle Frontier as that's as far as I go) are better.

The whole concept of a Vtuber is stupid imo. I don't want to watch someone's badly animated ugly OC cutting off gameplay.
Same, this so much.

Honestly a lot of (insert something) tubers/streamers etc. are pretty cringe to watch. Especially people doing games and everyone recording in the same male/female voice, lol.

I agree very much with the last 4 posts but I gotta say, people keep acting like the backlash to gen 5 is responsible for the current direction of Pokemon. It’s downright wrong and it’s so obvious.

Whatever you think of gen 5, they sure aren’t going back to what made gen 4 loved and that was extremely loved at the time Platinum and HGSS came out (DP not so much, you might not remember but the speed got tons of backlash, people were happy with Plat tho). Gen 5 also did not sell poorly because of backlash and the backlash it recieved at the time has been overblown, people act as if it were universally blasted which isn’t the case aside from arguments over the designs. Gen 5 sold poorly because people were waiting for a 3DS entry and had moved past the DS.
If the changes to the series were about backlash then they would have gone back to what worked, aside from nostalgia pandering. It was just about cutting cost. The changes to the series were inevitable.

Also, almost everything people like to blame the 3ds games for from intrusive story to lack of postgame are actually rooted in gen 5 but I think I’ve already said that. The only things that really fall on the 3DS games are the nostalgia pandering and gen 7 wasn’t even bad about it + lame animations, granted (though still overblown and has some toxic debate around it, people tend to ignore the animations that are good and act like Stadium/Colo animations and the games themselves were all amazing which is totally wrong).

Last edited:
I agree very much with the last 4 posts but I gotta say, people keep acting like the backlash to gen 5 is responsible for the current direction of Pokemon. It’s downright wrong and it’s so obvious.

Whatever you think of gen 5, they sure aren’t going back to what made gen 4 loved and that was extremely loved at the time Platinum and HGSS came out (DP not so much, you might not remember but the speed got tons of backlash, people were happy with Plat tho). Gen 5 also did not sell poorly because of backlash and the backlash it recieved at the time has been overblown, people act as if it were universally blasted which isn’t the case aside from arguments over the designs. Gen 5 sold poorly because people were waiting for a 3DS entry and had moved past the DS.
If the changes to the series were about backlash then they would have gone back to what worked, aside from nostalgia pandering. It was just about cutting cost. The changes to the series were inevitable.

Also, almost everything people like to blame the 3ds games for from intrusive story to lack of postgame are actually rooted in gen 5 but I think I’ve already said that. The only things that really fall on the 3DS games are the nostalgia pandering and gen 7 wasn’t even bad about it + lame animations, granted (though still overblown and has some toxic debate around it, people tend to ignore the animations that are good and act like Stadium/Colo animations and the games themselves were all amazing which is totally wrong).

I'm not really understanding your post. Are you basically saying that the blame for Pokemon's current direction doesn't lie with gen 5??? I agree about the last part that it was about cutting costs and that the changes were inevitable, but the rest of the post is kind of worded cryptically imo.

Also, thanks for agreeing that Persona is overrated, lol.

What backlash to gen 5? Everywhere I see online praises it saying it's the best Pokemon game and had the best story.

I've only ever played the Pokemon games on the switch, which have been great, with the exception of bdsp, but everyone I've talked to loved all the games on the DS's.

One of my most unpopular opinions is cheese. It's revolting, but all of my friends think it's great. Also peanut butter.

I actually liked SwSh, but BDSP was a big disappoint for me. Gen 5 was..eh for me. The whole N story and stuff was overrated.. I will forever be a Gen2-er though, those were the best and HG/SS was great too.

Eeh I’ve seen some speculation that if Twitter died it would revive forums and I hope that doesn’t happen full-on because it would mean the Twitter userbase and drama making their way to forums. Sorry if that seems like drama or anything

Eeh I’ve seen some speculation that if Twitter died it would revive forums and I hope that doesn’t happen full-on because it would mean the Twitter userbase and drama making their way to forums. Sorry if that seems like drama or anything
I think that would only happen if all the other instant social media websites died along with twitter. Even then, it'd be more likely that people would migrate to some new social media website before they went to forums

wireless/nfc payment "beeps" on cards are a really stupid idea and if it's true it was only made for students being able to pay for their coffee quicker it's x10 more dumb.

This thread was meant to be about biggest controversial opinions, but it has started to serve a similar function as the Place Your Random Thoughts and What's Bothering You threads instead of sticking to its intended focus. For this reason we have decided to move it over to The Basement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back