• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's your biggest 'unpopular/controversial' opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mudae is just terrible. Even when they’re not gacha digital collectibles and such tend to be too stingy / expensive to get and not fun. They make me stressed and disappointed I couldn’t even get xy instead.

Desert environments (in media, like art, game levels, movies, etc) are some of the coolest; it might be because I live somewhere hot and can really feel them but the emptiness of them is refreshing and leaves a focus on pure atmosphere, there’s also a lot you can do in them if you want to flesh them out that people don’t have the imagination for and plus the heavy naturalism, rockiness etc. is refreshing and a bit more exptic than just a forest or plains or something

I hate Avatar the Last Airbender and think it’s definitely one of the worst shows ever and doesn’t deserve all the praise and love that it gets. I’m not sorry and I won’t be taking it back.

1671984720873.gif

I've got a good one I thought of a few days ago. I hate the song "Rolling in the Deep" by Adele. I've been hearing it nonstop for a decade now and I'm frankly tired of it. every time I hear it somewhere it makes me cringe. it's really not that great of a song at all, though that's just my opinion.

Kid Pix was not fun for me as a little kid. All the weird noises scared me, especially the dynamite sound effect. I’d just sit there in fear instead of drawing.

The people who think how to solve your problems by giving you advice that you didn't ask for clearly doesn't know when to ask what the problem is before giving advice. Unsolicited Advice is really bad. You may mean well but you have to understand the problem in order to make sure you're not trying to sound dismissive, which is one of the reasons why asking for help is so difficult these days.

I've got a good one I thought of a few days ago. I hate the song "Rolling in the Deep" by Adele. I've been hearing it nonstop for a decade now and I'm frankly tired of it. every time I hear it somewhere it makes me cringe. it's really not that great of a song at all, though that's just my opinion.
I actually hate Who Let the Dogs Out so much that I will shut my eyes and shove my fingers deep into my ears and refuse to stop until it is either over or turned off.

Okay I‘m guilty of doing this to myself but “Grinch” should fall out of the general lexicon. Christmas gets plenty of love. There is nothing wrong with disliking it. Shaming people for disliking it is unnecessary. I know it’s kind of a joke but I think it says a lot that the idea is still there. Oh my god. Christmas. The way people complain about Christmas music is how I feel toward the entire holiday, I swear there are people who don’t celebrate anything else but in a stubborn way. Every day you hear about it. Christmas christmas christmas. There is no escape, you see the profile pictures, decorations in stores in a way no other holiday gets, people asking what your plans are far in advance, etc. There genuinely is no medium to escape it, news, ads, online space, even trips by houses-
Christmas is celebrated for so long that it genuinely didn’t register in my brain until today that it’s over. It’s really hard not to dislike this holiday when some people act as if something is wrong for you disliking it and on top of that it overshadows things you actually care about. I’m just going to let something really bitter out- I wish people would stop tying the “spirit” to Christmas and just spread cheer and merryment independent of this accursed holiday. A lot of the people I knew who celebrated it the hardest didn’t seem to actually carry the spirit anywhere else, if at all. I’m tired of hearing about it. And if the spirit was so strong we wouldn’t need this bombastic stuff and consumerism around it.

I actually hate Who Let the Dogs Out so much that I will shut my eyes and shove my fingers deep into my ears and refuse to stop until it is either over or turned off.
I really like Rolling In The Deep, but Who Let The Dogs out is a terrible song. I don’t think that’s unpopular, people who are really into music agree, but personally I definitely agree. It’s just one of those weird fad things nobody actually liked imo.

My unpopular musical opinions:

I was never really fond of Starboy, but I know a lot of people who enjoyed it. Idk if this is still unpopular these days.
Most popular Japanese music is trash. There’s a LOT of awesome music for Japan, but the most annoying stuff becomes the most popular. Especially when female vocals in Japanese are involved, most of the popular Japanese female vocalists are just terrible and overshadow great singers (including other women) and great niche Japanese music.
Also, early Bowie is pleasant but not amazing, aside from the persona/aesthetic. Blackstar is my favorite Bowie album, only thing that keeps it from being a 10 for me is Sue which is a good song but redundant and doesn’t flow great in the context of the album.
Kid A is definitely a weaker album than OKC, In Rainbows and probably even AMSP. It’s great and has some of their best songs, but it’s too inconsistent to warrant the level of praise it gets.
Ants From Up There doesn’t warrant the AoTY type it got.
36 Chambers is good, but it’s more like “mostly pleasant with a few standout songs”, than it is an amazing album overall.
Lateralus is like a 6/10
MBDTF sucks lol

*inhale*
I like the Wii U better then the switch and if ACNH didn't exist I wouldn't even be playing a switch
*runs*
I kind of agree with this, but mostly because the Wii U offered more new stuff for its time. If you ignore the ports of TF and 3DW, then the Wii U is definitely better. IMO, the Switch has very few innovative first-party games. Idk why people feel that way. The Wii U took way more risks and never gets credit for it even if some of them flopped. Sure the Wii U left some IPs behind but the Switch isn’t much better in that regard. Switch is much better for 3rd party but Nintendo consoles are never the best for those games ever since the Wii anyways.

I remember in pep band they gave out this song for us to play. It was the most annoying, repetitive song I had ever heard and played. Literally who cares who let the dogs out? Not me.

Agree. She has a good voice but this song and her most popular ones are overplayed.
-

Anyway, the fact that established media and institutions believes random **** on twitter and don't investigate both sides of a coin these days makes me sick.

Most of the new music nowadays aren't really good, there's only a few decent songs, while the rest are eh

I also don't listen to music that much anymore
I don’t listen to very much music made after 2010 tbh. I do listen to a lot of older music though. Modern music virtually all sounds the same and very few artists have a sound unique enough to stand out from the rest of the crowd. Making music these days is more about making money and less about making art. I blame auto tune for this and will refuse to listen to anything with it unless it is Cher’s Believe or a few 80s and 90s songs that use it briefly and not throughout the entire song because that technology was a novelty back then and was more for audio effects than the entire song.

I really hate when doctors give you the same lecture about losing weight even though your blood results are great and then have some nerve reminding you about your weight. I spoke to my primary care doctor about this and she told me it was part of their "health protocols" and even she was just fed up of weight shaming people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back