• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's your biggest 'unpopular/controversial' opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
olivia rodrigo’s second album is so much better than her first album.

I wish Anetra won season 15 of Drag Race. Don’t get me wrong, Sasha is extremely talented— but she is already an established performer. It felt too predictable to me…maybe that’s a dumb complaint, to be annoyed that you know who’s going to win, but I wish a young talented up-and-comer had their chance to shine.

I wish Anetra won season 15 of Drag Race. Don’t get me wrong, Sasha is extremely talented— but she is already an established performer. It felt too predictable to me…maybe that’s a dumb complaint, to be annoyed that you know who’s going to win, but I wish a young talented up-and-comer had their chance to shine.
I actually wanted a double crowning because I felt both did extremely well throughout the season and both deserved it as well. A double win just felt right for this season,

Big floppa is only funny when he’s in the wild. Literally every video of a caracal as a pet I’ve seen has it aggressive and hissing at its owner, looking like it wants to kill them. It’s clearly very unhappy and not meant to be owned, but people are stupid enough to do it anyway and it makes me mad. A pet caracal once actually escaped attacked a mom and little girl. I just saw a video of someone poking a caracal to anger it as a joke. It’s disgusting. Caracals are cute and beautiful creatures, but it’s best to admire them from a distance. Besides, this is objectively the best caracal meme.

Speaking of this past season of Drag Race, Salina E’s “Find Yo Light” is criminally underrated. (in my opinion)

Controversial opinion, but Steven Universe is overrated. Granted, I haven't watched it in a while, but still. I tried to like this show. I really did. It was when it was still fairly popular, so I watched it, and I really just couldn't like it that much. I tried telling myself that I liked it more than I actually did despite knowing it was a lie. Why is it that I don't like it though? I don't think it's godawful, but I couldn't get into it. I don't really know why. Is it because there's lore? Probably not because I watched Ninjago and loved it a lot more (even today). Is it because it's too serialized? No, because Adventure Time is kind of like this, and I also loved it (also still today). There is this one episode about an arcade that I liked, but besides that, the only thing I can really give the show is that the theme song is catchy, but I've also never watched a show with a theme song I dislike. Clarence is way better in my opinion.

Edit: after watching a video about the show, I can say that, from the footage and clips, it's at least little better than I remember, especially the episodes that aren't serialized. Still think the other shows I put are better.

Last edited:
Controversial opinion, but Steven Universe is overrated. Granted, I haven't watched it in a while, but still. I tried to like this show. I really did. It was when it was still fairly popular, so I watched it, and I really just couldn't like it that much. I tried telling myself that I liked it more than I actually did despite knowing it was a lie. Why is it that I don't like it though? I don't think it's godawful, but I couldn't get into it. I don't really know why. Is it because there's lore? Probably not because I watched Ninjago and loved it a lot more (even today). Is it because it's too serialized? No, because Adventure Time is kind of like this, and I also loved it (also still today). There is this one episode about an arcade that I liked, but besides that, the only thing I can really give the show is that the theme song is catchy, but I've also never watched a show with a theme song I dislike. Clarence is way better in my opinion.
The show isn't bad, but doesn't deserve the accolades that most fans think it does. The show went on hiatus way too much and then episode bombed them all on a specific day. It also wasn't sure what it wanted to be from what I remember. Several episodes it wanted to be some quirky slice of life on beach city, with strange intergalactic gem warriors, and then out of nowhere wanted to go full on serious and serialized. Which would be fine, but it kept flip-flopping.

So there would be all of these high-stake and dangerous plots happening that they would sweep off screen for episodes to focus on some random fry cook or conspiracy nerd, or the shaky relationship of two donut shop employees. And Steven had to be in the center point of it all. There isn't a single episode where any of the characters are allowed to grow or do things without Steven's intervention.

Sugar wasn't a very consistent writer. She actually hired people to write some of the episodes. And those episodes are the ones that are rated the highest. One of the writers did the episode where the diamonds (Yellow) was first introduced. And they left an impression as a dangerous, formidable, and scary villain. Sugar then rewrites the diamonds to humanize and make us feel bad for a global dictator. Which isn't really a good thing to try to do with a dictator who waged so many wars and killed so many people just to harvest worlds for their resources.

If anything, your reason may be because of consistency. Or it's lack of consistency.

The show isn't bad, but doesn't deserve the accolades that most fans think it does. The show went on hiatus way too much and then episode bombed them all on a specific day. It also wasn't sure what it wanted to be from what I remember. Several episodes it wanted to be some quirky slice of life on beach city, with strange intergalactic gem warriors, and then out of nowhere wanted to go full on serious and serialized. Which would be fine, but it kept flip-flopping.

So there would be all of these high-stake and dangerous plots happening that they would sweep off screen for episodes to focus on some random fry cook or conspiracy nerd, or the shaky relationship of two donut shop employees. And Steven had to be in the center point of it all. There isn't a single episode where any of the characters are allowed to grow or do things without Steven's intervention.

Sugar wasn't a very consistent writer. She actually hired people to write some of the episodes. And those episodes are the ones that are rated the highest. One of the writers did the episode where the diamonds (Yellow) was first introduced. And they left an impression as a dangerous, formidable, and scary villain. Sugar then rewrites the diamonds to humanize and make us feel bad for a global dictator. Which isn't really a good thing to try to do with a dictator who waged so many wars and killed so many people just to harvest worlds for their resources.

If anything, your reason may be because of consistency. Or it's lack of consistency.
Coincidentally, this is one of the things talked about in the video I watched. The fact that, after a while, the show decides to try to take a serious approach and then randomly decides to take a more causal approach in the next episode.

The inconsistent writing makes sense. I thought about getting into it when it was popular but heard you had to sit through like 20+ eps before it got good. That turned me off cause ain't nobody got time for that lol

I think Steven Universe only began to be better after the second season. That is when there were less episodes that felt like filler and we got to see more of each characters’ personalities and likes and dislikes.

Some ASMR makes my skin crawl, but not in a good way. I don't understand why someone wants to sit and listing to some person online licking their microphone for an hour...also gross.

Really Why, I know it's suppose to be relaxing..But Why.

Last edited:
Some ASMR makes my skin crawl, but not in a good way. I don't understand why someone whats to sit and listing to some person online licking their microphone for an hour...also gross.

Really Why, I know it's suppose to be relaxing..But Why.
Same! A lot of ASMR is just deeply uncomfortable to me—like even the most innocuous of ASMR stuff, like, just whispering into a mic, is the opposite of relaxing for me.

Here’s another controversial opinion of mine:

People have every right and reason to think or care about what others on the internet think of them.

I don’t get why this bothers people. Like why should Person B be bothered by Person A when Person A cared too much about what Person B said about Person A?

Last edited:
Same! A lot of ASMR is just deeply uncomfortable to me—like even the most innocuous of ASMR stuff, like, just whispering into a mic, is the opposite of relaxing for me.
The chewing ones are what bother me the most. The only ones I ever listen to are without talking or mouth noises, where people are typing, writing with pencil on onion-skin paper, crinkling through paperwork, etc. As someone who enjoys writing and occasionally drawing, it’s oddly satisfying to me lol.

The idea of “overdressing” is mostly just silly. Yes there are situations where wearing certain things is inappropriate, wether it’s for safety reasons or for being at an event with a specific dress code but I genuinely just like suits and ties, and I want to wear them without being treated like I’m ”overdressing”. It’s not a flex, I just like them and genuinely feel more comfortable and focused in them.
People say those kinds of clothes were performative and I agree salespeople made it performative, but if you’re going to be wearing shorts and a polo at an office job because it’s “casual” then say someone in a suit is overdressing, I think that “casual” attitude is also a bit performative and more expectant than it lets on. If they want to wear it and they’re chill, let them.

Ironically I finally wore out my tie last week and, unexpectedly, felt like people took me more seriously/gave me more respect with that on. It’s pretty much the most basic tie I could have worn, too.

edit: It’s kind of invalidated by the expectation for a lot of women to wear makeup anyway. Like if they have to prepare for and perform like that for every event anyway, isn’t that overdressing too. At least it’s not every profession. Now obviously don’t like underdress or show a lot of skin, because work isn’t the place for that, but I just don’t see how business suits are particularly distracting.

Last edited:
Undertale is overrated.

There. I said it. Honestly, I used to hate it a lot more. To an irrational degree. But I like it more now. Even though I don't think it's a bad game, it's really not one of the best games ever. Okay, you can burn me at the stake now.

The idea of “overdressing” is mostly just silly. Yes there are situations where wearing certain things is inappropriate, wether it’s for safety reasons or for being at an event with a specific dress code but I genuinely just like suits and ties, and I want to wear them without being treated like I’m ”overdressing”. It’s not a flex, I just like them and genuinely feel more comfortable and focused in them.
People say those kinds of clothes were performative and I agree salespeople made it performative, but if you’re going to be wearing shorts and a polo at an office job because it’s “casual” then say someone in a suit is overdressing, I think that “casual” attitude is also a bit performative and more expectant than it lets on. If they want to wear it and they’re chill, let them.

Ironically I finally wore out my tie last week and, unexpectedly, felt like people took me more seriously/gave me more respect with that on. It’s pretty much the most basic tie I could have worn, too.

edit: It’s kind of invalidated by the expectation for a lot of women to wear makeup anyway. Like if they have to prepare for and perform like that for every event anyway, isn’t that overdressing too. At least it’s not every profession. Now obviously don’t like underdress or show a lot of skin, because work isn’t the place for that, but I just don’t see how business suits are particularly distracting.
It's always better to be overdressed than underdressed!

raising cane’s chicken has no flavor. i tried it once, the texture is good and the sauce is good (which is probably the selling point) but it could be so much better if they actually seasoned their chicken.

Last edited:
A silent voice is the most boring movie ever to be made, and nothing at all aside from the animation and music is good nothing at all whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back