• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's your biggest 'unpopular/controversial' opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The inconsistent writing makes sense. I thought about getting into it when it was popular but heard you had to sit through like 20+ eps before it got good. That turned me off cause ain't nobody got time for that lol
Those episodes they told you that you have to get through are actually the better episodes. At least I think they are. People think every show needs to be this overly dramatized serious show. And they don't need to be. The early episodes were about some boy with strange powers and his alien-like guardians just having normal slice of life stuff going on with random encounters.

One of the episodes was about him wanting to make breakfast for his guardian family and the whole thing spiraled out of control until the breakfast he made turned into like a mindless hulk abomination because of his powers. I forget the specifics. I feel like this was the show's strong suit, but they really wanted to push for that dark edge that kids thought their show needed. Like how everyone kept hyping Korra for how dark it was and how it was going to pulverize Avatar/Aaang and as we can see now that so many years have passed the show flopped hard.

Having friends is overrated. I always hated how back in my time in school they put me in social groups where they would make have to talk to students, but all I get is awkward looks from them thinking I'm crazy and they never speak to me. Then when I actually got friends and then as the years go by they all forgot about me and think I'm a ghost. It got worse when my best friend last year didn't listen to me since he was too busy "playing games" to even listen to what I have going on in my life. Since then I've became an Introvert and closed myself off from everyone else. I cannot have people in my life who become friends with me and then suddenly forgets that I exist.

saw this opinion on reddit that i 100% agree with:

im not going to say that the basketball shoe obsession is weird because i can kind of resonate with it even though i don’t collect shoes. well, the part where people are afraid to walk normally just because their shoes might get a little crease is a tad bit weird to me.

I think painting your walls bold colors or making your house eccentric is more appealing than going the safe route with neutral tones and colors.
I painted my bedroom and dining room this nice cerulean blue and chose to paint my living room and bathroom this deep ocean blue and my kitchen mint green. My entire house looks rather nice to see and it has character to it.

I painted my bedroom and dining room this nice cerulean blue and chose to paint my living room and bathroom this deep ocean blue and my kitchen mint green. My entire house looks rather nice to see and it has character to it.
Love it! I’m wanting to do the same to mine, but haven’t gotten the hubs on board. I’m at least painting a statement wall, darn it.

Those “pranks” they used to show on TV of parents telling a kid they ate all their Halloween candy and the kid starts crying are not funny at all. I know the kids get their candy in the end, but it’s still messed up and not funny to me.
I actually hate the pie in the face joke and find it both cruel and humiliating. I remember when I was in eighth grade in the private Christian school, my class was going to NYC as a class trip and they wanted to do a fundraiser where one of us would be selected to get a pie in the face in front of the school and have pictures taken of it happening. This really bothered me and made me pretty upset and I refused to take part in it. I even refused to watch it happen each week or help out. When it came to my turn, I outright refused and said that I wasn’t doing it because I saw it as being just like being made fun of and bullied again like I was in elementary school which I enrolled into this private school to get away from that toxic atmosphere. They finally listened to me and saw that my protesting was out of kids cruelly laughing at me and making fun of me and that being bullied like that really did have a negative impact on me and stop pressuring me to do it. That joke just was never funny to me at all even as a kid. Plus it was a waste of perfectly good whipped cream and this school was really in your face about how wasting food was a major sin to commit in God’s eyes.

Those “pranks” they used to show on TV of parents telling a kid they ate all their Halloween candy and the kid starts crying are not funny at all. I know the kids get their candy in the end, but it’s still messed up and not funny to me.
Reminds me of those YT clips where someone pranks someone with something serious and then is like 'chill it's just a prank' and expects them to laugh it off. One of them was a husband filming his wife's reaction. I think it went something like the father and son got new four wheelers they were testing. His son was riding with him because he was way too young to be doing it by himself. Then the wife shows up at the track and he replaces the son with a fake dummy on the fourwheeler and approaches her. Dummy son speeds off and he pretends to panic and chase him. It hops over a steep hill and pyrotechnics set off an explosion.

It's like really? You just crossed the line you knuckleheaded dumbass. There's some things you don't joke about. Serious injuries or death of someone, especially a child is not a prank. It just makes you look like a psychopath that enjoys manipulating people's emotions.

Most pranks are just thinly veiled ways of people doing this because they know it's messed up, but they enjoy it. Do it to them and watch the waterworks.

Reminds me of those YT clips where someone pranks someone with something serious and then is like 'chill it's just a prank' and expects them to laugh it off. One of them was a husband filming his wife's reaction. I think it went something like the father and son got new four wheelers they were testing. His son was riding with him because he was way too young to be doing it by himself. Then the wife shows up at the track and he replaces the son with a fake dummy on the fourwheeler and approaches her. Dummy son speeds off and he pretends to panic and chase him. It hops over a steep hill and pyrotechnics set off an explosion.

It's like really? You just crossed the line you knuckleheaded dumbass. There's some things you don't joke about. Serious injuries or death of someone, especially a child is not a prank. It just makes you look like a psychopath that enjoys manipulating people's emotions.

Most pranks are just thinly veiled ways of people doing this because they know it's messed up, but they enjoy it. Do it to them and watch the waterworks.
I know. That’s exactly why I don’t think they’re funny. There was some trend on TikTok this year where parents were cracking eggs on their kids’ heads and laughing at them crying…like, seriously?! I can’t even believe those things got popular. I hate seeing little kids sad, and you know they don’t trust their parents as much after these things. Just sad all around.
On a bigger note, I can’t stand family vlogging or people using their kids as content. Just…no. They’re usually up to something weird, like those 8 Passengers people or the lady that “re-homed” her adopted son after duct-taping his hands.

I know. That’s exactly why I don’t think they’re funny. There was some trend on TikTok this year where parents were cracking eggs on their kids’ heads and laughing at them crying…like, seriously?! I can’t even believe those things got popular. I hate seeing little kids sad, and you know they don’t trust their parents as much after these things. Just sad all around.
On a bigger note, I can’t stand family vlogging or people using their kids as content. Just…no. They’re usually up to something weird, like those 8 Passengers people or the lady that “re-homed” her adopted son after duct-taping his hands.
Personally I think the whole social media thing has gotten out of hand. People don't seem to realize that the algorithm is set up so that things that spark reactions will trend the most. So it spirals the whole situation out of control because people just see stuff that is horrible or upsets them all the time and they think that's just the way it is and it's really just corporations and the such sticking their fingers in everyone's business and riling everyone up.

I also hate how people's first reaction to anything is to pull out their phone and record it for clout. I was doing research for some school thing years ago. I don't know how I came across it or what I was actually researching, but there was this article about some lady who got struck by lightning on the beach. She got her family out of the water, but she was unfortunately too slow to get out. All the beach-goers were just pulling out their phones and recording. Your first reaction was let's record this tragic moment? Not let's help this poor grief-stricken man out? It's really a sickness. No one wants to admit it, but it is.

Is it me or do I prefer Tatanga and Wart over Bowser as a final boss in a Mario game?

I mean, both of them haven't had much lore of it or even being used in any future Mario game. They're such an enigma and they do have potential of being alternative main villains over the usual Bowser flare.

(Plus they're far more interesting final bosses in general.)

“Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree” by Brenda Lee is the worst Christmas song of all time. I hate how she shouts the lyrics and that weird goose honking sound at the end…ugh! It gives me a headache every time.

Last edited:
Donkeys are so much cooler than horses
For real though—nothing against horses (except that large animals make me a lil nervous and from what I've heard, they're also very fragile creatures </3) but I've always had a soft spot for donkeys and I hate how so much media (especially children's) paints them as ugly or obnoxious!! They're adorable and don't deserve the rep they get.

For real though—nothing against horses (except that large animals make me a lil nervous and from what I've heard, they're also very fragile creatures </3) but I've always had a soft spot for donkeys and I hate how so much media (especially children's) paints them as ugly or obnoxious!! They're adorable and don't deserve the rep they get.
I’ve always thought the same! I really hate that stupid Christmas song about the donkey and think it is extremely degrading towards the animal. I remember in high school, during the last day before Christmas break, a teacher put that awful song on and I asked her to change the song because I didn’t like it. She asked me what was wrong with it and I told her how I found it to be degrading towards donkeys and everyone in the room stared at me like I was crazy and insisted that it wasn’t. I think it is because the singer mocks how the donkey sounds. To me that is equivalent to the racist Asian stereotype accent that used to be common in media or a white person trying to sound like a black gangsta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back