• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's your biggest 'unpopular/controversial' opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the biggest hot take I have:
Disney is actually terrible as a company, as they were responsible for the death of public domain and greed via monopoly ownership (i.e. Marvel, Lucasfilm, Fox. These following companies shouldn't be in Disney, let alone enabling Disney to buy them in the first place) in general and the reason why copyright system is "draconian" today. The original versions of fairy tales and stories are way superior over Disney adaptations because the original stories actually teach us lessons that were more down to earth than the whole "keep wishing" thing that Disney's been going on.

Don't get me started on the old Mickey Mouse shorts, very boring and unfunny compared to Looney Tunes shorts which are actually funny and clever.

And modern Disney is just a huge trainwreck of projects that lacked a clear direction in general.

But that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
Sometimes when your dog’s ear flips over, it’s best or leave it be. I think mine likes to feel the air on his sometimes lol. (this only applies to floppy-eared ones, of course)
Post automatically merged:

For real though—nothing against horses (except that large animals make me a lil nervous and from what I've heard, they're also very fragile creatures </3) but I've always had a soft spot for donkeys and I hate how so much media (especially children's) paints them as ugly or obnoxious!! They're adorable and don't deserve the rep they get.
Yes! Lulu (Arnold Schwarzenegger’s donkey) is adorable in the pics and videos I’ve seen.
To be fair with the media, Donkey from Shrek made me like donkeys more lol.

Sometimes when your dog’s ear flips over, it’s best or leave it be. I think mine likes to feel the air on his sometimes lol. (this only applies to floppy-eared ones, of course)
Yes, especially since floppy-eared dogs are more prone to ear infections, it can be good to let them breathe.

I don’t understand Elvis’ popularity. Yes, he attractive, but I find his voice average, grating at times, and he didn’t write any of his own songs. (I’m not saying all singers HAVE to write their own songs, but it would have made more sense with the hype surrounding him.) Though, it was funny when Stitch dressed like him in Lilo and Stitch. (It’s probably a personal taste or a Gen Z thing, but you know….)

Last edited:
Here's my hot take:

Zelda Breath of the Wild doesn't look good visually.

I finally got to play it and uh, I don't get the hype? Its textures look unfinished and the entire background is blurry. The character models also look unfinished like a beta test. I dunno, I just don't see what everyone was talking about lol.

i dont like 2d platformers, i like 3d ones. its why as amazing as a game celeste is, i cant finish it.
(im also really bad at it)
i dont love any of the 2d mario games ive played

i really hate sandbox games. they’re only fun if you play multiplayer. otherwise, without any story, objective, or characters, a game becomes incredibly boring.

Yes, especially since floppy-eared dogs are more prone to ear infections, it can be good to let them breathe.
This is why some ethical breeders of pointy eared dogs tape the ears up on puppies until the cartilage is stiff enough to stand up on their own. One chihuahua breeder on YouTube constantly has to tell viewers that the tape doesn’t hurt and isn’t cruel and that floppy eared dogs develop ear infections more than pointy eared dogs and it’s more of a health reason that she does it. But in the comments some people keep calling her cruel. Yeah. You know what is more cruel? Letting a poor dog whose ears should have been pointed up but didn’t because the cartilage didn’t get strong enough because the ear weren’t taped suffer from frequent ear infections because you thought taped ears was “cruel.”

South Park is funnier than Family Guy.
Those cut-away jokes are not funny and most would be something really repetitive until funny. ha ha ha.....

View attachment 518065

This can also apply to some YouTubers who does something similar, especially if they have to add it nearly a billion times in a 7 minute video. It's such a turn off..

Apparently I never realized that I made this post before in this thread.

Last edited:
🚨Controversial opinion alert🚨

In the US, both sides of politics make sense and I see why you would pick either side (I would say I'm not really on either side, I guess I'm just in the middle or a mix). But I think it's bad to be too far on either side. Being far left or far right can just end up causing a lot of issues, and both are just as bad as each other.

Holidays are a marketing scheme to get people to spend more money. Raise the price of certain items around the holidays and cut the price in half the day after. Placing a markup on sugar cookies just because they have santa hats on them is stupid, but people will continue to buy them because "we have to get in the holiday spirit."

The Family Stone is the worst Christmas movie I have ever seen.

Four Christmases is a good, funny Christmas movie, despite the negative reviews.

Stuffing is the best Thanksgiving dish, hands down.

Celine Dion’s French songs are better than her English ones. (I still like her English ones, but prefer the French for some reason.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back