• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's your biggest 'unpopular/controversial' opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My most controversial opinion:
Pizza is mid and pineapple is the only topping that makes it somewhat tolerable.

Naked mole-rats are actually adorable!

pmMIaIO.png

Ah yes, Rufus my beloved~

pmMIaIO.png

Ah yes, Rufus my beloved~
Yes! Rufus is how I discovered naked mole-rats lol. There were some in the children's area of my local zoo, and I loved watching them run through the tubes. There's even two naked mole-rats. live cam on the Smithsonian Zoo website. I also think Damarland mole-rats (they have fur) are really cute too.

Did you know some people eat Guinea pigs?
My archaeology professor actually tried cuy in Peru and said it tasted like lamb or pork…🤢 I LOVE Guinea pigs so that made the story worse, but for some reason one tasting like that sounds nasty. (I’ve never eaten lamb though, and don’t want to.)

My archaeology professor actually tried cuy in Peru and said it tasted like lamb or pork…🤢 I LOVE Guinea pigs so that made the story worse, but for some reason one tasting like that sounds nasty. (I’ve never eaten lamb though, and don’t want to.)
I had an autistic meltdown when I was expected to dissect a frog and I felt it was wrong especially after having to hear the teacher graphically describe how they used to kill the frogs before dissecting them which was really really horrible to hear. No one understood that this story made me question the ethics of the practice and that I thought it was cruel and inhumane and they forced me to do it thinking I acted this way because I was “afraid” of death and didn’t understand it.

I had an autistic meltdown when I was expected to dissect a frog and I felt it was wrong especially after having to hear the teacher graphically describe how they used to kill the frogs before dissecting them which was really really horrible to hear. No one understood that this story made me question the ethics of the practice and that I thought it was cruel and inhumane and they forced me to do it thinking I acted this way because I was “afraid” of death and didn’t understand it.
Yes! We were in groups when dissecting and my partners did most of the dissecting as I was grossed out. Honestly, I think it’s gross and eventually I hope they’ll use AI to have kids dissect a digital frog on an iPad. (as long as they aren’t looking into the medical or veterinary field)

A black civil rights activist who thinks black people are the superior race is a hypocrite. All races are equal, and thinking a certain race is superior to another, even if it’s an oppressed one, is the textbook definition of racism. That’s not exclusive to white people. All races can be racist.

do you have an example of this?
Actually, no, but it’s still something that could happen. But you pointing that out made me realize that I should use a different choice of words.

Anyone can be racist, regardless of historical status or their race. And anyone who supports civil rights for their race but dislikes people who aren’t their race is hypocritical.

Last edited:
I think Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce are a cute couple. It seems to be a wholesome relationship.

On the same note as football- Mahomes needs to be humbled! His fits are ridiculous.
Post automatically merged:

I think guinea pigs are the ugliest pet rodent.

200w.gif

Post automatically merged:

Chef Boyardee is better than Campbell's. It just hits the taste buds in all the right spots. Not to say Campbell's isn't any good. I actually do like their soup and the occasional "Uh oh, Spaghetti-O's!"
Agreed. There is nothing more satisfying than a midnight feast of eating cold Spagettios out of a can.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back