• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

When do you expect for Nintendo to announce Animal Crossing: New Leaf's release date?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had enough of it, I hate this, Japan and South-Korea already have this game, and we? UGH.

c'monnn guys we know why we don't have a release date yet. its all about letting other games sell first.
and if you ask why cant they just give us a date its because if somebody is planning to buy one of the games coming out soon then ac gets a date they might go actually im going to spend my ?40 on that instead.

I think that Nintendo is sticking to Q2 of 2013 in general; to be honest I'm anticipating a summer release. I really wish the game would come out sooner but in the marketing scheme of things, near-summer seems to be the right time especially with all the other 3DS releases and all.

I think that Nintendo is sticking to Q2 of 2013 in general; to be honest I'm anticipating a summer release. I really wish the game would come out sooner but in the marketing scheme of things, near-summer seems to be the right time especially with all the other 3DS releases and all.

Summer release is not "Early". I know i am stressing this thing too much where nintendo themselves said it would be out in NA in "Early 2013", but it is confirmed, and summer release is definately not "Early", May is the latest it will be out.

c'monnn guys we know why we don't have a release date yet. its all about letting other games sell first.
and if you ask why cant they just give us a date its because if somebody is planning to buy one of the games coming out soon then ac gets a date they might go actually im going to spend my ?40 on that instead.
the only other game I want as bad as NL would be the new pokemon games, everything else I can get when I have money to spend for a game. Right now I have cash for one game and its going be NL atm, so they are going to luck out with other games even if I want to get them.

and that page makes me cry a lot inside.

I hope it's a summer release. Then I can afford it. >_>
not being rude, but it is just you, and many others. some people are going to need to wait for whatever reason anyway also (Birthday, money ect), its just ruining it for everyone else who can get it. I am sorry you wouldnt be able to get it, and I do understand, but it brings everyone else down too. :(

Before you all flame me for my next statement....I am fully aware that Gamestop is not reliable for a release date.

That said, when I was there today, the guy said that their computer has May 2. When I said that I was really hoping for an April release, he said he didn't care as long as they don't do a Fire Emblem with it. Sounds to me like they have enough people preordering that if it happened, it would cause a stir.

Yes, I did.
If it releases earlier, the people who want it earlier will be happy and he can save up for it when it's out anyway in Summer.

what i think they were basically saying was 'i wish it came out in summer because i could afford it then and then wouldnt have to be sad because i could see others playing it earlier'
dont know why everyone was getting a bit rude towards this comment,

Before you all flame me for my next statement....I am fully aware that Gamestop is not reliable for a release date.

That said, when I was there today, the guy said that their computer has May 2. When I said that I was really hoping for an April release, he said he didn't care as long as they don't do a Fire Emblem with it. Sounds to me like they have enough people preordering that if it happened, it would cause a stir.

Considering New Leaf has an altered cartridge for all the memory, they might pull a Fire Emblem, and the same thing in Japan will probably happen here and a lot of people won't get their pre-orders. Hopefully Nintendo will learn from their mistakes and will have more of them shipped and available. I'm getting a digital copy but it sucks that people who want physical copies have to deal with all of this.

Somehow, I don't think they will do that to this game. What happened in Japan is different than what they did to Fire Emblem. Fire Emblem got shipped wrong all the way around, whereas, they run out of cartridges in Japan. I will be getting a physical copy because I don't want to mess around with buying a new SD card for my 3DS...unless they release the bundle, then I think I will beg hubby into letting me get it, because the bigger 3DS may be better for my arthritic hands.

What happened with fire emblem? Not enough stock?
That happened in some places with the WiiU didn't it, not being able to fulfill all the preorders on release?

I think it's very possible in some parts of the world to have a shortage, I was planning on buying mine off the eshop anyway, but I would really like it if they sold the download cards like they do in Japan. They don't even sell $50 eshop cards here as I'm aware of.

Nintendo shipped some out early, then didn't ship enough to other stores. Most of the Gamestops apparently didn't get any until Friday. I don't know all of the details since I despise that style of game for personal reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back