• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Wildlife Spotting (Crystal Ballers Cabin)

I can now confirm it's 100% a clipart shark.
It's definitely gotta be some major clue as it happens to be where the new staff member + returning staff members are. Plus Bobo was staff and stepped down, which could be the temporary part. No clue what the short / medium could be. Maybe short as in the time Bobo was on staff?
The temp thing could be in reference to this:
As promised, we are also providing refunds for the now defunct Avatar Width Extension add-on. To receive the refund of 300 bells, go to your inventory and click "Sellback" at the right of the item. Since users who purchased this add-on recently would have gotten very little use out of it, we will also refund an additional 150 bells if you bought it in 2020. Please make a thread in Contact the Staff if you'd like to apply for the bonus. We will also provide some sort of compensation for owners of the group add-on, but we are still deciding what it should be and will announce more information about it in the future.
Post automatically merged:

When you click on contact the staff linked above and create a new thread, there's an option to mark your thread as "SOLVED"... has that always been there? I just posted using the "SOLVED" and nothing happened, so probably nothing, but still

Last edited:
Tried some passwords that didn't work: REFUNDKAIAA, FUNDKAIAA, KAIAAREFUND, KAIAA150X100, 150X100KAIAA

Also not WILBURKAIAAREFUND, WILBURKAIAA150, DODOKAIAA150, or REFUNDKAIAA150BELLS

Last edited:
just tried BOBOKAIAAMAIRMALADE (all the names before the shark, ordered from smallest to largest (but again, why medium instead of large? unless medium has a second meaning or they're using it to describe permanent (medium permanent makes more sense than large permanent)))

maybe we order the names based on how long they've been here for?

i don't think that's it either

I really hope that at least our leaders @Mick and @pandapples are having fun reading our crazy guesses :LOL:

Who knows if there has been a moment when they said "Ooohhh, yes, they're on the right path!", or maybe "No, dammit, they were just so close!"

Mornin'

Woke up with the idea maybe it has to do with collectibles again. A good chunk of collectibles have the wrong creation date of Jan 1 1970.
Checked the New Items page and looked at all the recently updated items with that glitched date. Nothing unfortunately. Also tried all of them as passwords.

While I was at it I also checked the Tetris Grid collectible since it recently returned, is based on an old game and has blocks that are dubiously permanent. Admittedly this was a reach and a half but eh.

Also not sure how I feel about the shark thing but I tried unlimited breadsticks and breadsticks as passwords since they were bolded above it.

I'll most likely keep updating this post as I go along unless someone else posts just to save up on clogging the thread with my Infinite Chimpanzees on a typewriter method of solving things.

i think it’s important to remember that even while difficult, the hints in these events are always pretty straight forward so it probably wouldnt be a mishmash like dodokaiaa150 and the like. i really encourage everyone to check out the previous hints and answers in past easter hunts linked in the first post to get an understanding of this

i also doubt the shark has anything to do with it, the op says the wildlife is either a bear or a fox

But would it be just that direct of a clue "Go look for a bear and/or fox"? Now that would be... surprising, to say the least. Not saying it's impossible, though. I really don't know.

How are we feeling about the thought that the solution might involve messing with site filters/settings? At least for me in the past the ones where that was required were the ones I'd almost always never find. To me the wording just feels like it could involve that and I can't shake the feeling.

But would it be just that direct of a clue "Go look for a bear and/or fox"? Now that would be... surprising, to say the least. Not saying it's impossible, though. I really don't know.

It should be that straightforward, yes! In past egg hunts when dealing with finding egg pictures they were almost always these small black and white egg icons. I doubt the staff would purposefully use something else than what they said in the opening. I've not been here as long as some of the egg hunt veterans in the thread but in the past two egg hunts I only remember one instance of the picture being something else.

I remember there was a fox on the mysterious masterpieces thread and went and double checked.
I clicked the image.
I also tried to redeem ‘nightmarish’

In the post it talks about different kinds of art (medium). Sand drawings, tree carving , etc.

Ancient recents could be referring to Redd, the art, or the event ( since we had house of nightmares before, which was similar).

Short temporary to medium permanent could also be the art type. Sand drawing are temporary. Tree carving are permanent.

Anyways, just thought I’d post this. I couldn’t find anything but maybe it means something and I couldn’t figure it out.

seliph is just saying that IF it's a clickable link (versus a code you enter), the OP says it'll be in the form of wildlife such as a bear or fox. that doesn't mean the actual clue is at all related to a bear or fox, it just means that if the answer is on a certain thread for example, it's likely that you'll need to click on such an animal to get the tokens. hope that makes sense 😅

seliph is just saying that IF it's a clickable link (versus a code you enter), the OP says it'll be in the form of wildlife such as a bear or fox. that doesn't mean the actual clue is at all related to a bear or fox, it just means that if the answer is on a certain thread for example, it's likely that you'll need to click on such an animal to get the tokens. hope that makes sense 😅

Yes, it does make sense, thank you for explaining :) I was only puzzled by that possibility because I've never before participated in any egg hunt, so I truly didn't know.

No luck, but eliminates something to prevent duplicate effort:
I checked the list of fish and tried all the small fish that are only available in certain months combined with DACE, the only medium fish available "permanently" year round.

Doing some thinking here, bear with me:

since the clue says recent ancientS (as in multiple) maybe the short/temporary TO medium/permanent isn’t referring to something changing, but instead referring to a range of said ancients. Like, some of these recent ancients are short and temporary while others are medium and permanent. I’ve been mostly trying to think of something that changes from short/temporary to medium/permanent so idk I thought maybe sharing this different perspective might help someone.

this kind of brings me back to thinking about diving creatures, I don’t know if anyone already looked into this a lot but since they were added to the game relatively recently maybe it could be that

I remember there was a fox on the mysterious masterpieces thread and went and double checked.
I clicked the image.
I also tried to redeem ‘nightmarish’

In the post it talks about different kinds of art (medium). Sand drawings, tree carving , etc.

Ancient recents could be referring to Redd, the art, or the event ( since we had house of nightmares before, which was similar).

Short temporary to medium permanent could also be the art type. Sand drawing are temporary. Tree carving are permanent.

Anyways, just thought I’d post this. I couldn’t find anything but maybe it means something and I couldn’t figure it out.

Guys, I think I’m into something!

Regarding my last post, what kind of animal is this:
On the rock?

The post also hints to it:
Drawings in sand, carvings in trees, even the odd face or two in the rocks...

I tried redeeming ‘bison’
But I’m not even sure that that is a bison.

Attachments

• 807D0843-B88E-47FB-88E2-4651E81344A7.jpeg
    807D0843-B88E-47FB-88E2-4651E81344A7.jpeg
    206.9 KB · Views: 14
Doing some thinking here, bear with me:

since the clue says recent ancientS (as in multiple) maybe the short/temporary TO medium/permanent isn’t referring to something changing, but instead referring to a range of said ancients. Like, some of these recent ancients are short and temporary while others are medium and permanent. I’ve been mostly trying to think of something that changes from short/temporary to medium/permanent so idk I thought maybe sharing this different perspective might help someone.

this kind of brings me back to thinking about diving creatures, I don’t know if anyone already looked into this a lot but since they were added to the game relatively recently maybe it could be that
i tried a handful of em as a puzzle yesterday but i can def try out the rest, is there a thread about the game update maybe?

On the rock?

That's Farley from Animal crossing from one of the past mirrors in last years faire I think.
Tried it as a pass and got nothing.

On the rock?

“ Drawings in sand, carvings in trees, even the odd face or two in the rocks...” just describes the event lol, i dont think it’s related to this

IMO I love all the brainstorming but nothing anyone’s proposed in this thread fits as close to the perimeters of the clue as the 4/18 update page, with the (possibly new) shark pic being a hint that we’re looking in the right place. I think we need to spend more time figuring out what is being asked of us to make into a code from it. I’ve exhausted my resources, but fresh eyes may find the key

IMO I love all the brainstorming but nothing anyone’s proposed in this thread fits as close to the perimeters of the clue as the 4/18 update page, with the (possibly new) shark pic being a hint that we’re looking in the right place. I think we need to spend more time figuring out what is being asked of us to make into a code from it. I’ve exhausted my resources, but fresh eyes may find the key
given what chris said in cabin 2 discord, i'm thinking we need to be looking for other non-aquatic animals

SmartSelect_20210812-113438_Discord.jpg

Back