6 Days of Scavenging

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was able to find 17/18 items! Seemed only appropriate that I participate in my own event, even if just for fun. I'm so glad the majority of you liked this one, and I'm sure some variant of it will make an appearance in the future!

Toothbrush, graphic tee, and gaming console. The tee is from 1988 and the Sega Genesis still works like a charm:
6besuJ7.jpg
Necklace, fresh fruit, and a candle. I got the little bee for my birthday this year, and thankfully had a kiwi on hand!
H5bHNbP.jpg
Backpack, knitted hat, and athletic shoes. It would appear I'm backpack-less:
AsOeei6.jpg
Paperback book, bottle of perfume, and scissors. The perfume is a French import that actually smells pretty good, but it's since been discontinued. I'd be more disappointed if I actually wore perfume:
KUtPjcJ.jpg
Rainbow pattern, flashlight, and mug. I had to wrestle the rainbow away from a stoned kitty but I gave it right back!
DI69ZcB.jpg
Mousepad, canned food with pop top, and headphones or earbuds. I went ahead and brought out both my sets of headphones because hey, I use them both on a daily basis!
RIqKPeC.jpg

I have the same rainbow for my cats! Got it as a present and they drooled all over it. 😭

If we are doing one with condiments one day, I'm prepared! Cleaning the fridge right now and I think 80% of the food is condiment. Still i'm sure that if you name one, I don't have it.

If we are doing one with condiments one day, I'm prepared! Cleaning the fridge right now and I think 80% of the food is condiment. Still i'm sure that if you name one, I don't have it.
You’re safe lol today is the last day!

edit: until Christmas please don’t tbt mods today was no easy at all finding mousepad

Hey all!

That's a wrap on day 6, so any submissions coming in after this point will not be accepted. You'll have until tomorrow evening at 7pm EST to spend your coins, after which the Raffle Tickets will be removed from the shop in preparation for the collectible drawings. I hope you all meet me back here tomorrow for the rest of the fun, and best of luck to everyone hoping for a specific collectible!

Please note that the Cocotryoshka and mystery quirky friend will be distributed after the collectible drawings. 🐰🎎

so who wants an impromptu day 7 hunt, while we wait?

well, here's something I thought up real quick

a doll (must be humanoid design)
a matryoshka set or other similar item (must at least fit the similaraly-designed-same-basic-shape-multiple-items-of-differing-sizes-that-can-fit-one-inside-the-other concept)
a real life not handmade version of any one of the collectibles able to be won from this event's raffle

no prizes guaranteed, this one's just for fun. with no staff involvement in my making this, of course

a matryoshka set or other similar item (must at least fit the similaraly-designed-same-basic-shape-multiple-items-of-differing-sizes-that-can-fit-one-inside-the-other concept)
a real life not handmade version of any one of the collectibles able to be won from this event's raffle

no prizes guaranteed, this one's just for fun. with no staff involvement in my making this, of course
I’m so damn glad these weren’t a prompt because I sure don’t own a single one of these 😂 such difficult to find items! 😱

After re-reading a few things on the first page I think I have a pretty solid idea of what the quirky friend is!🧐

oblivia basically gave away who they are in the day 6 items post (though people had already figured it out from the op, tbf)

I'm just now waiting to see which color design they are, or if they're a brand new never before seen look

I’m so damn glad these weren’t a prompt because I sure don’t own a single one of these 😂 such difficult to find items! 😱
I mean the raffle one should be easy enough, at least

just go take a picture of a pokeball item at the toy department of a store

and as for some of the others, they don't have to be 1:1, but at least close enough in idea (ex: a similiar colors pastely designed egg could pass for a 'dreamy egg' irl, even if the design isn't the same)
Post automatically merged:

The quirky little guy is bursting at the seams to come out of hiding. I don't know how much longer I can keep him contained...

ok, if this is the color I think he is then yesssss

I have a BTS doll
A matryoshka doll my mom got me when she went to Moscow
And probably a feather.

i’ve been pretty quiet on here these past few days, but i’d like to take a moment to thank @Oblivia and the rest of the staff for not just this event, but for everything else they’ve done. for as long as this site has existed, you guys have put your all into everything that you do — you work tirelessly to bring us amazing events, collectibles and more importantly, a community. i say this every time, but while i may never have the words to express just how grateful i am, i’m sure as hell going to work as hard as you guys do to find them. but until then, from the bottom of my heart, thank you. ❤️

this was my first tbt scavenger hunt that wasn’t virtual, and despite how sick i’ve been feeling since thursday, i actually was able to find all 18 items! this event was loads of fun — and the prizes were certainly generous! i’m extremely grateful for the tbt, the raffle and the new collectibles, and am of course very excited for our new quirky friend’s reveal as well!

i loved seeing everyone’s entries and can’t wait to find out who the lucky winners of the raffle are! thank you again, staff, for everything and to everyone else for participating!

I did it! White feather on the left, Wixy boy, and Matryoshka dolls.

qTXU6wT.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back