Light Blue Balloon
Red Balloon
Glam Feather
Cool Feather
Rad Feather
Fresh Feather
Green Feather
canvascrossing.jpg

The TBT birthday party is in full swing! Now that the confetti has settled and everyone’s party outfits are locked in, there’s been no shortage of partygoers flaunting their freshest fits, lineups, and dance moves. What better way to immortalise these outstanding outfits than to paint them? You are ushered into a room filled with blank canvases, each one eagerly awaiting its future model. Grab your favourite art supplies… It's time for Canvas Crossing!

Task 🧑‍🎨

As we celebrate TBT’s 20th birthday, we are also celebrating the friendships and community built on the Bell Tree Forums. As such, this art event’s focus is on drawing a fellow member’s ACNH character, specifically, a member’s character in their party outfit from Wonderous Wardrobe!

You can draw up to 3 different member’s characters. You will be rewarded 4 Tickets and 4 Throwback Tickets for every drawing submitted.

Rules 👨‍🎨

1. Participation: You don’t need to have participated in Wonderous Wardrobe to join in on drawing someone for Canvas Crossing! Anyone can draw someone’s character. However, if you have not submitted to Wonderous Wardrobe, you cannot be drawn.
  2. Choosing a Character to Draw: Participants can choose any fellow member to draw, whether as a surprise gift, by seeking out an art exchange, or by offering a drawing. Feel free to pick someone whose character design inspires you, or find a partner to draw. You can submit up to 3 drawings for points, so try out a few different ways to select a character if you’d like! Use this thread to find someone to draw.
  3. Drawing: For your entry, you must create a full body, colour drawing of another member’s character and their outfit from Wonderous Wardrobe. Although you do not need to draw every detail of the outfit perfectly, it must have their character’s overall likeness. Please put a considerable amount of effort into your artwork—no stick figures! You can use either traditional or digital drawing methods. While the minimum requirement is a full body drawing, feel free to add additional details like backgrounds or messages to make your drawing special! Please note that you must draw a character in Wonderous Wardrobe as this is a two part event. No substituting references with something else or drawing something not related to the event.
  4. In Accordance with our Forum Rules: You can include humour in your drawings but please be respectful and do not draw anything offensive that goes against our Rules & Regulations.
  5. Originality: Artwork submitted must be original and created by you.

As stated in point 2, you may use this thread to find a member to draw. However, please do not post your drawings in this thread as we would like to keep the reveal a surprise! Please read below on how to submit.

Submission 🧑‍🎨

All drawings for this event should be submitted to the "Canvas Crossing Private Submission Board". At the end of the event, the board will be merged into a single thread and made public during the Closing Ceremony, revealing all the drawings. Please keep this in mind when submitting your entries! Each entry should include:
  1. Your drawing attached and the username of the Bell Tree member you drew.
  2. A link to the post with the reference picture you used from Wonderous Wardrobe.
Feel free to add a brief description or message to them if you’d like but this is not required!

You can submit up to a maximum of 3 drawings. Please make a new submission for each drawing—do not put multiple drawings in one post. Each drawing will be manually accepted by the hosts, dizzy bone and Lady Destani, using the Accept React.

Below is an example of what your submission should look like when you submit it to the Canvas Crossing Private Submission board. I drew Lumi's character and outfit for this example, picked out with RNG.

Snapseed 3.jpeg

Here's my drawing for Lumi! Lumi's outfit reference link.
Hope you had a great time during the fair!

The deadline for submission is: 11:59PM EDT on Sunday 25th August 2024.

Prizes 👨‍🎨

Participation: 4 Tickets / 4 Throwback Tickets per drawing submitted (maximum of 3 drawings)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is such a cute idea!!! ☺️
I’m not an artist, but if anyone wants me to draw their character, let me know! I’m very indecisive when choosing stuff, so I’ll just end up letting RNG choose if no one offers their character up XD

Awwww this is so so adorable! I'm open for an exchange if anyone would like that! Don't hesitate to PM me even though my art skills are very very subjective!

I love the idea for this event!! *0*
I understand we don't need to ask permission to choose the members we want to draw or we do have to ask before picking?

Here's my outfit for Wonderous Wardrobe if anyone wants to draw me. I'm looking for someone to draw also! Pls know that I will be drawing on paper and my drawing skills are not good.
1000000237.jpg

The fact we get to draw upto three people is such a cool idea...gonna go scout my victims for my bad drawings XD

Secret Santa? In the month of August?

It's more likely than you think.
(Also, probably gonna draw someone or something in addition to juggling with crayon scribble commissions once I come back.)

Not an artist, but i do ok-ish if i take forever my time. Hope I don't disappoint the characters I draw. The no stick figures rule is gonna be rough. Great idea for an event though! 😅

i drew two earlier! just need to draw the last! won't get around to it for a while i reckon

I love the idea for this event!! *0*
I understand we don't need to ask permission to choose the members we want to draw or we do have to ask before picking?
No, you do not need to ask permission. You may draw anyone's character that was submitted in Wonderous Wardrobe. Whether you let them know in advance that you're drawing them or let it be a surprise during the reveal is up to you.

Back