Confetti Collecting

Question. I haven't purchased a mystery balloon yet. If I purchase it now, it will unlock AFTER the second window, correct?

We haven't decided exactly how often the balloons will be revealed. Safe to say around next Monday for sure, but it's always possible we do it more often.

I’m a little confused by the choice to include it tbh. Maybe staff thought there were still people seeking it after the last event? Having a rare extra-special balloon like the rainbow ones seems fun, but having one balloon set up as the Disappointment Balloon that deliberately leaves out a small subset of users from the fun of new collectibles seems a bit demoralizing. I’m not sure why we need to have a “short straw” for people to draw instead of letting everybody who did the same amount of work for the same amount of confetti get a chance to earn something new. I enjoy the RNG but not when it feels like losers were built in.

I don’t want to come across too complainy! Just sad because I was really excited for the new collectibles and it sucks to have worked so hard only to miss out completely—and to know that I very well might get the same result next time. Maybe the sweet balloons will end up being possible to trade somehow..
what is even worse is the fact that all sweet balloons are in the shop for tickets 😭 so it's not like someone who really wants a new one won't be able to get them. really sucks that you put in the same effort as everyone (which was not easy considering the cooldown and the cap) and get a balloon that is very clearly the short straw 😭 I love you sweet balloon I really do but I'd definitely like something I don't have multiples of already 🥲

I highkey forgot the mystery balloons were transforming tonight LOL, but I got a FB bunny!! Not exactly what I wanted, but still a nice balloon! Though if anyone wants to trade their glam or fresh bunny for it, hmu 🫶🏻
Not 100% sure atm but I might be interested to trade in the future! :'>

Yeah I couldn't resist doing this, but you wouldn't feel sad if it was March.

View attachment 575550
It’s kinda funny that last time, everyone wanted the sweet balloon, but now, nobody does. To be fair, it’s only the sweet bunny balloon that’s really high in circulation (not as high as the yellow candy and tasty cake, but still), while the sweet heart balloon doesn’t seem as high in numbers.

I got a glam balloon but can understand that after all hard work it's really upsetting to get sweet balloon, I think they should be removed from new mystery balloons because 100 confetti isn't cheap for something we can buy with tickets.

I’m sorry. I was not trolling you. i have trouble reading the mood. >.<
This exactly, I am also so bad at reading mood and sarcasm.
I also hadn’t realized the popularity of the sweetheart balloon went down that much. Yea it doesn’t make sense to add it if you can get it for tickets. Sorry for everyone that didn’t get one they wanted. I hope you all get one you want next time. Sadly it’s more disappointing not getting something new this time since it’s harder to get confetti.

Just had an idea, but why not add the sweet balloons with the regular balloons instead? 🤔 It's available in the shop for tickets and has been available in general since a few months ago, I feel like it should make sense that it gets added to the 50 confetti roster instead 🤔

It's probably too late to make any changes at this point, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to just throw the idea in here.

Sorry for the multiple who got a sweet balloon who already had them, but I don't think they should be full out removed. Maybe thier percentage reduced?
The boss heart balloon looks so awesome with the red heart balloon!! 🤩 Didn't think about that combo.
If you received the rad balloon and feel unsure about it, I think it has nice apple colors for autumn if that helps. 😊

Sorry for the multiple who got a sweet balloon who already had them, but I don't think they should be full out removed. Maybe thier percentage reduced?

The thing is that if we’re going to have “losers” who deliberately get a balloon that was already available to buy (and widely circulated for low amounts of TBT already), it feels even worse to be part of a tiny pool of people who basically get nothing while everyone else is celebrating brand new rare collectible acquisition. Lowering the percentage would just make it more discouraging to have such bad luck. It should be rare to get something valuable and extra-special like the rainbow balloon, not rare to be the one person who spends all their event currency on a repeat.

For what it’s worth, I didn’t want sweet balloons in March either. I traded all of mine away because I love 95% of the balloon designs but sweet isn’t for me. The difference is that when ALL the balloons are new, they’re roughly equivalent in value at the start and it’s easy to trade something you like less for something you like more. But in this case, why would anybody trade for a sweet balloon when everybody knows they’re so easy to obtain even before this event? Not only can I not participate in the balloon reveal or the excitement of new collectibles, I can’t participate in the swapping afterward unless somebody basically takes pity on me. I feel like I’m watching this event from the outside after being so excited for the amazing new gradient balloons and putting in so much time and effort to hit the confetti cap around my work schedule.

I love the idea of these dusting events that bring the community together. It’s fun to see the spike in forum activity and reply to all the threads and polls. That’s why it feels so bad to end up not participating in the reward/reveal part with the rest of the community. It’s really put a damper on my enthusiasm for the future rounds.

Anyway, I’ll stop posting about it now! If a staff member browses this thread I’m sure they’ll see how I feel. There must have been a reason for including them, and we obviously don’t see behind the scenes. I just don’t know that I enjoy the philosophy of “it’s not gacha unless you might lose” for a wholesome community event like this one. Not winning, when almost everyone else didn’t win either, is fine. Being one of the only people to lose is a very different dynamic.

I’m guessing that the sweet balloons should be removed from the gradient prize pool, or at least moved to the 50-confetti balloons. Even though it goes against what the staff did for us, it makes sense to follow this suggestion. Because if everyone was in a raffle for rare prizes, why have some cheap and easy-to-get prizes available? I faced a similar situation 10 years ago when someone hosted a huge giveaway, and I won one of the yellow candies instead of some rarer or higher-priced collectible.

Back