Hiking Trip (Evergreen and The Poliwags Cabins)

View attachment 394562

I don't know about you, but when I go hiking up into the mountains I make sure I'm sporting my best Bavarian hat and a sleek new set of lederhosen. You've also got to make sure you're wearing some thick, high socks (Tick bites are EVERYWHERE this year people, protect yourselves!).
What do I bring up there, you might ask? Well, for starters a blanket for everyone to sit on. Two picnic baskets so there's enough food for all. Finally, a stool for me to sit on while I belt out a rendition of Edelweiss while playing my guitar. Good times are had by all!
OMG I laughed out loud when I saw this, it's so amazing. I was even happier when I saw it was yours. Haha, most excellent, my Fox friend. Well done. 👏
Post automatically merged:

2021082222222900-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Yes indeed, I'm an Indiana Jones protégé. I have my campfire cookware, simple kettle, tent, fishing rod stand, and ukulele. I always make sure to keep my Indiana Jones hat (it's blown back to me through several wind storms and brushes with booby-traps), my trusty recycled rubber boots, and my scout shirt and shorts. I stay up late and review the day's work in my tent with a kettle of tea, and take a break with a few songs on my ukulele. (No, I can't really play.)

Last edited:
80DB04C7-E15F-4E7B-8E78-99599D5869A6.png

I’ve decided to go camping in a secluded jungle somewhere. Since I may end up exploring I am wearing my trusty explorer hat and shorts. I am wearing my heart sunglasses to keep me from squinting because of the sun. I am wearing my lucky frog shirt because it reminds me of my cabin mates The Poliwags. For this trip I brought my sturdy tent to sleep in. I also brought with me an axe so that I can hunt for food or cut wood for fire. Speaking for fire, I brought with me a starter camp fire to keep those bugs and wild animals away. The lamp is for when I am exploring at night. Finally, the shower so that I can take real showers not like my last camping trip. Good thing I am wearing my trekking shoes, because all this walking and exploring the jungle is already getting to me.

Hiking.jpg

For me, there's nothing better than a hike through a wood. With that in mind, I'm wearing loose clothing where possible. Gotta take a backpack with me, too.
Of course, a Tent is a good starting place. I prefer the smaller, more basic tents to the large, luxurious ones, because I'm far too lazy to set the bigger ones up. Nothing cozier than snuggling in one of these tiny ones at night! I'll need a Camera, since one of my favourite things about hiking is photographing animals and scenery, and being able to store that memory for years to come. Speaking of photos, you may have noticed in my signature that I love taking captures of items outside. With that in mind, I always bring a Plushie (normally the same one) to photograph whenever I visit new locations, and this time is no exception. For those dark nights, I'm taking a Lantern. Being a night owl can only adjust my eyes so much! Lastly, a Picnic Box for storing snacks for the trip.

ZgUkTFS.jpg

I’m going on a fishing trip! Hopefully I can catch some really big ones. I got my trusty fishing vest and nice hat to help me with the sun. My sunglasses are especially a necessity for the sun as well and my boots will make traversing the land much easier. No fishing trip is complete without the following items I’ve brought.

1. A fishing pole. How else am I gonna catch fish? With my round hands or with a fork?
  2. Toolbox. Contains various kinds of baits and hooks. Careful with them!
  3. Cooler. To store fish I caught and keep them comfy for dinner later.
  4. Radio. To listen to some good old music while I fish and be informed of local fishing events.
  5. Sleeping bag. After a day of fishing, my time to be lazy is right here.

Day 10:
It's been over a week since my cabin left the ocean. They should be in the mountains by now, if the tally marks I've etched into this Palm tree (lamp) are accurate. I was "fortunate" enough to wash up on this Tropical (rug) island. My volley Ball compatriot Wilson was already here when I came to. My beard has grown out and my pants and jacket have become stiff with salt. The ragged outfit and holey socks cling to my skin uncomfortably. I don't know how much longer I'll make it out here, I'm down to the last three marshmallows toasting on my Leaf campfire. Day in and out I feel his gaze, the Oarfish (model) has been eyeing me from the murky depths. I hope I am found soon, or there may be nothing left to find here but Wilson...

I've always loved extreme camping/survival in the wilderness type scenarios à la Man Vs Wild, Cast Away, and Hatchet ect and I felt inspired to get a little creative with it, I hope this isn't too far off prompt! )

I set out from home wearing my favorite worn-out jeans and the hand-crocheted sweater my mother made me into the great blue yonder known only as “backyard”… The journey was arduous, but with my faithful puppy Winston by my side, I trudged on and soon found a pleasant spot for my tent. Winston and I enjoyed a picnic lunch as we studied our nature book, keeping watch for unknown beasts. A red knit hat and faux-shearling boots kept my head and feet toasty warm as the sun began to set, and Winston barked as the shadows cast by my lantern danced into the night.

29AAE78E-80E9-4221-911A-D6773F30D1FC.jpeg

If Yuru Camp has taught me anything, it's that winter camping is the way to go. I decided to go winter camping for one night to a nearby camping area. I made sure to dress in a cozy outfit since it can get really cold at night.

For this trip I only brought the essentials
●A tent to sleep in
●Firewood for the camp fire
●A lawn chair to get comfy and rest from the hike to the camping grounds
●Enough food for an outdoor picnic
●A boardgame I can play solo in case I get bored
Internet_20210823_005242_2.jpeg

2021082310411200-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

🌳 First day of camp 🏕

Outfit
- I've chosen comfortable clothes for the first day of camp since it will be a long and active day running around and getting settled in. I picked out a shirt, shorts, sport socks and running shoes that fit the same brownish/wood theme. On my back I'm *rocking* a camping backpack, which I used to sneak in more stuff since Dizzy only allowed 5 and I'm not surviving a month of camp with only 5 items :/

Items - I've chosen the following 5 items to bring to camp which represents a mix of "having fun with my friends" and "scaring them"
🌙 Sleeping bag - Why would you want to bring a tent when you can sleep outside in a sleeping bag under the night sky? Just don't mind the creepy animal noises and mosquitos!

🌙 Switch lite - After a full day at camp, we can unwind and play online games with each other. How would that work without wifi you might ask? When I've figured that part out, I'll let you know the answer.

🌙 Guitar - What is camp without a sing along around the fire? I've taken my guitar with me so I can jam some tunes!
(Disclaimer, I don't know how to play the guitar...do guitarists even say "jam some tunes"?)

🌙 Pasteries - I originally wanted to bring donuts for everyone but since nintendo hasn't added those yet to the game (...rude), we'll go with a berliner, which is a German style donut. I don't know who took a bit out of them already but our leaders Mistreil and Mairmalade leaving the cabin with powdered sugar around their mouths is making me really suspicous...

🌙 Zipper toy - Now that I've already had fun with my camp buddies, it's time for some frights! I brought Zipper, the man himself, actor of our nightmares, as a prop toy to hide in the woods. My deepest apologies in advance for those who will cross his path on their nightly toilet trips..

Last edited:
W3Ljwp1.jpg

I've decided to go hiking near a river today! I set up my tent,
because what would a hiking trip be without a comfortable sleepingspot?!
I also took my dog (totally not just a puppy plushie) to keep me company and to warn me of
possible danger. A fire pit is always welcome for some warm food and heat during the night.
The cooler box is obviously a must. Who wants warm drinks after a long day of hiking?
I also decided to take my hammock to look up the stars, while laying comfortable and out of
reach of all those insects! I chose to wear some comfortable pants and shoes, because who
wants to be uncomfortable while hiking? I also thought it's a great idea to take my binoculars
with me, as it's a lot more fun to look into the distance like that! Also a hat is always
useful against the hot sun during the day.

Last edited:
89755E81-642A-48EA-87D1-3475B60AAFC1.jpeg

dear diary,

Another day in the mountains, hiking through the jungle and spotting creature after creature…
I brought a very interesting and factual pop-up book to assist me with finding the coolest of all animals. It showed me a very terrifying lion, but I’m pretty sure there are paper tigers in this jungle,, not lions. Eh. Hopefully I won’t get eaten. It also reports about some throwback dino sightings, not entirely sure what throwback means but I’m quite sure all the dinosaurs have died out by now. Apparently, but there are bees, clownfish, maybe dinos are still alive like the rest?? Well, math has taught me about trends… anyway I need to go eat some food from my campfire cookware and sleep in my kid‘s tent ( I bought kids size because me, a 5’2 human will fit fine). i brought my beautiful homemade patched jumper, because I cut so many holes on sticks! my corduroy overalls are also very nice. Well, goodnight. Hopefully I won’t die today.
*sleeps*
*vivid biting noise and death*

Last edited:
CA7-B8-AEF-6231-4663-B0-EE-1-EDA1-A2-E8-D42.jpg

The deer hood does not come off is very warm! Paired with my handmade sweater (by mom) I'm all cozy and ready to explore. The items I brought with me are all extremely important - especially mom's tea cosy to keep my tea warm, which I can enjoy whilst sitting on mom's cushion whilst also snacking on mom's cake! All handmade!!! wow!!!!!! sentimental!!! I also had to include mom's scented candles - because she did not make me a mom homemade lantern. And finally - I needed mom's tissues, so I can cry about being in the middle of the woods on my own when I could be at home WITH MOM wipe my nose!
(((we say mum/mam instead of mom so these items and descriptions are THROWING ME)))​

E9exVuVVcAEeMzz.jpg

I woke up early this morning to hike up into the mountains so I could watch the stars after dark! I packed my backpack with a collapsable telescope and a sleeping bag. Of course I also had to bring my journal so I could chart the stars and do some sketching of the beautiful landscape! My trusty mountain bike got me up the mountain safely- I'm so glad I remembered to bring my helmet. Safety first! Now I can sleep out by the lake and watch the stars all night. Think there will be a meteor shower?!

E9esop1UUAUxdu1.jpg

O-oh, a fellow traveler! I really thought we'd be all alone up here... What? I said "we?" No, you must've misheard me, haha, I specifically said I was all alone before you showed up, didn't I? What's that, you want to know what's on my face? Oh, right! I just finished... chopping firewood with my axe(is that believable?) and sat down to my campfire dinner of tomato soup! I'm a bit of a messy eater. Would you like some? No, I'm not hiding a sinister, identity-obscuring mask behind me, what are you trying to say? You're a funny one, can't you see my halo? That means I'm innocent!

...What trash bags? Please don't go over there. There's nothing in them, I swear, I was going to turn them into a makeshift tent! No, those are obviously my running shoes, can't you see that I'm barefoot? I was just rinsing them off in the river! What do you mean they're obviously way too small? Listen, you're starting to make me a little nervous, and I don't want to get my favorite dress all dirty again, so it might be best if you just leave? Please?

For hiking in the woods I dressed in outdoor shorts, my green fishing vest, my explorers hat, and recycled boots that I crafted. As I planned my trip I considered what I would need. Since hiking and camping can take you anywhere I decided to bring only the essentials. A lantern to see our way at night, a camp stove and cooler so that we can eat wherever we end up, a life preserver just in case, and of course a sleeping bag to stay under the stars. With all of my things packed I am ready for the trip
5032213E-F35D-46CF-B3B0-687812119F4B.jpeg
03230D02-0F96-40A8-B272-2E1FD6511D84.jpeg

Day 10:
It's been over a week since my cabin left the ocean. They should be in the mountains by now, if the tally marks I've etched into this Palm tree (lamp) are accurate. I was "fortunate" enough to wash up on this Tropical (rug) island. My volley Ball compatriot Wilson was already here when I came to. My beard has grown out and my pants and jacket have become stiff with salt. The ragged outfit and holey socks cling to my skin uncomfortably. I don't know how much longer I'll make it out here, I'm down to the last three marshmallows toasting on my Leaf campfire. Day in and out I feel his gaze, the Oarfish (model) has been eyeing me from the murky depths. I hope I am found soon, or there may be nothing left to find here but Wilson...

I've always loved extreme camping/survival in the wilderness type scenarios à la Man Vs Wild, Cast Away, and Hatchet ect and I felt inspired to get a little creative with it, I hope this isn't too far off prompt! )
I cannot with this lol, this is amazing!! LOVE it.

I went hiking in the Scottish Mountains. I wore my patriotic hiking gear of a Tam o shanter, Kilt, explorer Shirt and boots.
Once I put up my tent, I got out the camping cot to ensure I had somewhere that was off the ground. Those Haggis are known to creep around the ground in the dark and can give a good bite.
I also took my camp stove and wood for my camp fire to ensure I had heat and could cook anything I caught.
My golden net was ideal for catching the haggis as they couldn't escape once captured in there and of course I took my laptop as I couldn't miss the TBT camp. (I hope there is wifi up there)

2021090112095500-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Day 10:

I wish I can vote more than once on a submission, lol. This is genius and I love it. Haha

2FC74993-C0FE-4185-BEAD-BDA84AA02111.jpeg

I’m off hiking in my trusty green mod parka as well as my matching chino pants, green converse and a festivale feather to get into the hiking spirit. Although I love getting back to nature I’m still a creature of comfort and can’t not bring a comfy Futon for sleeping in as well as a Festivale Parasol to keep me and my Campfire Cookware dry from the rain. Lastly a Bamboo Lunchbox is perfect for storing all my snacks in and what’s not a hiking trip without a Telescope to look up and admire the stars as they twinkle in the night sky.

6gG7voJ.jpg[img]

I went on an overnight fishing trip high up in the mountains. I was expecting heavy rain at some point so I wore my beanie and jacket just incase. I was going to bring a tent but I decided to really be one with nature so I just brought a camping cot. I had my fishing rod and cooler for all of the fish I’d be catching from the river. I also brought my green lawn chair to relax in when I was taking breaks from fishing. And, of course, it wouldn’t be a real camping trip without building a campfire to cook the delicious fish I caught!

2021082411243800_s.jpg

I am going on a day hike to a national park to go climb some boulders. The mornings in the park are a little chilly so I bought a light jacket and no one goes climbing without a beanie! I bought a bag for my supplies and this one has a loop for me to clip on my climbing shoes so they don't get everything dirty. Safety first so I'm bringing a bunch of crash pads as well as a first aid kit. Obviously I can't forget to bring a chalk bag for my sweaty hands and the latest climbing guide. I packed a small picnic when I inevitably get hungry and need a break and lots of water.

Last edited:
Back