• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

How many islands have you "completed"?

How many islands have you "completed"?

Votes: 13 61.9%

Votes: 7 33.3%

Votes: 1 4.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 6-10

• More than 10

• Total voters

Rio_

🍄 Mushroom Season 🍄
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Pink Poyopuffball Foraged Mushroom
Booton Foraged Mushroom
Porkini Foraged Mushroom
Embarrassed Foraged Blushroom
Shiny Foongus Foraged Mushroom
Unfortunate Mushroom
Famous Mushroom
Famous Mushroom
Famous Mushroom
Famous Mushroom
Whether you've restarted by flattening your island or deleting your save data, how many times do you feel like you've "completed" an island? This could mean fully decorating it, or by completing the museum/critterpedia, nook miles achievements, etc- whatever metric you use that tells you that you're "done".

As for me, the answer is a big, fat ZERO! And I've had the game since launch... 🥲

I managed to complete the museum/critterpedia on my first island, but the island itself was in shambles- a barren wasteland from multiple failed decorating attempts. So it definitely did not feel complete! Since then, I've just been stuck in a cycle of: reset - get frustrated 10% into decorating - reset again. I keep thinking "it's the resident services placement that's throwing me off! If I just reset for a better layout, surely it will work out next time!" SPOILER ALERT: it never works out 😂

So have you managed to finish an island? Were you content to stop at just one? Are you one of those insanely skilled people that have completed 20 different islands?!?! Let me know!

I can pretty confidently say my (one and only) island is completed, I occasionally change things up a little, but the main layout is pretty set in stone at this point.

I've completed my one island for the most part.. only thing that isn't finished is the museum 😅 Still need to find a couple more fish and a few more pieces of art. I don't think I'll ever complete another island

I've not completed a single island, and I can't say if I ever want to complete any. It's just pretty boring decorating.

I haven't completed any. I was already playing less by the time I picked a theme for my island, so I haven't spent enough time on it to finish decorating it. I haven't completed the museum, critterpedia, catalog, or nook miles achievements either

None, although I'm finally getting close-ish to feeling done with my island. But to be fair I've changed areas multiple times because I wasn't happy with them. Hopefully I'll eventually get around to finishing 😅

Big old 0 here😅 I've also had my island since launch. However I don't plan on "completing" it and restarting. I specifically plan on having areas that change so I never just run out of things to decorate. That way I don't have to restart and redecorate (and reterraform 😵‍💫) from scratch.

I have completed one island , my main island. The museum is complete and terraforming is also done. The only thing I change on it now is some seasonal decorations.
My second island I came close to completing but keep resetting it before it gets anywhere near complete.

Depends on the context for me. Villagers all settled in and major terraforming complete? Definitely. Fully decorated? Ummm sadly no. My outside is probably 80-90% decorated but my houses lack big time. 😅

just one, which is currently my dream address. i actually was not fully done with that island, but i lost motivation to finish the beaches and the houses so i just closed them off. i was "done" with it in a sense that i was content with whatever i had finished, which is maybe 90% of the island.

i dont have a second switch so while i did reset my game to start another island, im being careful not to upload a dream address for my current island and im taking it slow with regards to "finishing" my current island.

My first island was double south river mouths so I had no motivation to finish it. My second/current island is maybe like 1/4 finish. About the same state as my first when I restarted. But I've been very inconsistent with playing

i can confidently say one - it was the one that i finished in time for hide and seek :0)

currently it's a dream address but i've since torn it all apart to start anew and this time around it's been really fun!! i'm trying to match the aesthetic to my island's name but also learning how to do things slowly this time around

0 if I go with completed as everything and 1 if I ignore completing all the nook miles achievements - have got a very far way through them before but not finished them all.
I had the same island from the game launch up to earlier this year which I’d completed the museum for and fully decorated but after so long I fancied a change and restarted my island - very slow progress though so the new island is a long way away from been completed.

I wish I could answer 1, because I'm very happy with my original island, and I don't plan to go back and introduce any changes! That being said, I know there's one vacant area I didn't really know what to do with, so maybe it's 0? It's close enough to complete for me!

A big fat zero for me as well LOL. I've only had one island (the one I've had since launch), and nothing about it is complete - not my villager lineup, not my house, not my Nook Mile achievements, not the island itself, nada. I went into New Horizons determined to complete all of that since I never did in New Leaf and my town is forever unfinished, but almost 5 years later, and I fear my island will stay unfinished as well...

Decorating, terraforming and everything that goes into it (choosing what items to use, what colour variations to use, what custom designs/patterns to use, what bushes, flowers and trees to use and where, how do I make my rivers look natural, where do I want to put everything and how do I make it all flow together etc) is just too overwhelming for me. I have so many pics and videos saved for inspiration, and I don't know what to do with any of them... the possibilities are endless, and I fear that's the problem!!

My interest in New Horizons has also waned significantly, so I'm not really motivated to try and finish my island now, anyways. It's a shame 'cause I really do enjoy decorating for TBT events... 😪 I'll try again in the next AC game ig

Back