• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

I've been lying...

That was some heavy weight to carry, and I'm glad you were able to let go of it.

Once upon a time ago (in a land full of brick sized cellular phones, boy bands, and questiinable hair choices...) I was 19, and I married my husband who is 7 years older than me. I was already expecting our son when we said our vows.

We have now been together for nearly 15 years, are still best friends, and have 3 kids, a cat, and a woefully spoiled dog. :)

I have never spoken to you before on here...I don't think our paths crossed...but I will say this: Life happens to everyone, at various ages. If you are happy and safe, and your family is happy and safe that's all that matters.

As for your sense of dread...well, parenthood is a great unkown for you at the moment so that's natural.

Feel free to message me if you ever want to ask another mom, or just shoot the breeze about mom life.

Congrats on your growing family!

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I know teenage pregnancy can be scary, my mom had my elder sister at 17 years old and me just over a year later and because of her tiny frame, she struggled with giving birth naturally and had to undergo Caesarean section for both my sister and me. My mother never regretted her decision and she considers herself really blessed for being able to share many memories with her children and could keep up with us. I felt it was easier to connect with my mom because our age difference is not that far apart, she could understand my sister and I much better than our father can, who is much older.

No one can prepare you for motherhood and there're no guidelines on how to be a perfect mom but I believe as long as you take care of the welfare of your child and prepare her/him well to transition into society then you did a marvellous job. All the best and wish you well during this trying time. Looking forward to good news from you on TBT :)

Back