• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Jarring Oddities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_20211029-010930__01.jpg

spider juice?
Screenshot_20211029-010925__01.jpg

Deep in the cellar, a ghostly light emanated from the jar perched on the corner shelf... "Celeste's Flower" a yellowed note reads "Blooms during a meteor shower, said to grant visions of the future".
Brew.jpg

Jar, blue and red food dye to make purple ish (this was a challenge lol), herbs from the garden (rosemary, thyme, sage purple flower) - photo taken outside cause we have had a blackout all day!

sut2LnXl.jpg

Who does this skull belong to? A former island rep? A villager?

Used a plastic skull decoration and green food colouring.

jarring_oddities_Skull-in-the-Dark.png

The still-radioactive skull of a nuclear goblin. It glows in murky orange liquid. It's best to keep at least 10 feet away from it!

(I 3-D printed the skull with glow-in-the-dark filament, put the skull in water that was tinted with orange watercolour, and added twine for decoration. The glow of the skull does not last long at all as can be seen in the username pic. Also, my ceiling light was on a dim green light which had an interesting colour effect on the jar)

Jarring_Oddities_Skull-in-the-Dark_Username.png

View attachment 407497

A jar of freshly preserved intestines. (Ok, its Strawberries)

Hi! From the image you provided it appears as if there is no coloured liquid, if any liquid at all present in your jar. Could you fix this and resubmit?

Intergalactic habitat
View attachment 407683

Unfortunately, the space theme does not really fit the Halloween or autumn theme of the event prompt, and I will have to ask you to resubmit. You're more than welcome to reuse elements of your old entry when you do!

Can I use multiple jars since they are quite small?

Submitting multiple jars is allowed, as long as all the usual requirements are still being met. Note that we will be judging on overall quality, not quantity.

Hi! From the image you provided it appears as if there is no coloured liquid, if any liquid at all present in your jar. Could you fix this and resubmit?
I don’t have food coloring, but the instructions said that color bleed from stuff like squash or markers is ok. I assumed that strawberry bleed was ok, too, despite not being explicitly listed. I took the picture when the bleed was light, because I thought that it looked like what I imagined embalming fluid would look like.

If this is not ok, I’ll try to redo it after work with a heavier bleed from the strawberries.

I don’t have food coloring, but the instructions said that color bleed from stuff like squash or markers is ok. I assumed that strawberry bleed was ok, too, despite not being explicitly listed. I took the picture when the bleed was light, because I thought that it looked like what I imagined embalming fluid would look like.

If this is not ok, I’ll try to redo it after work with a heavier bleed from the strawberries.

Using alternatives to food colouring is absolutely fine! However, the liquid in the image you posted was clear to a point where we were having a tough time seeing if it was even submerged at all. If you could do this again, yes please!

IMG_5494.jpeg

Lab entry 39:
The embryos are developing wonderfully. Just specimen 63810X has started to develop concerning features. The jar the specimen is contained in appears to be breaking. We must transfer specimen 63810X to a safe location and closely monitor its development if we want to avoid complications

IMG_5496.jpeg

Materials:
Odd figure
Cotton (to make it look moldy)
Listerine mouthwash
Dried oregano

the cotton makes the liquid appear cloudy but I only realized after emptying the jar and looking at the photos. When zooming in the cotton is visible and the clear mouthwash above it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back