Vylbrand
Tasty Cake
Green Bunny Balloon
Yellow Bunny Balloon
Orange Bunny Balloon
Pink Bunny Balloon
mm.png

Task

Draw a scene that celebrates a memory you have of your time spent on TBT.

Rules

• Entries must be your own work.
  • Entries must be themed to TBT memories.
  • No collaborative projects.
  • Submissions can be traditionally or digitally drawn.
  • You may not use craft supplies in this event - it is strictly a drawing contest.
  • A reasonable amount of effort should be put into your creations. Submissions that appear rushed or made as a joke won't be accepted.
  • All entries submitted are final. Please do not edit your entry after submission unless asked to by a staff member.
  • Your username must be visible somewhere in your submission.
  • Keep all creations appropriate for a PG-13 audience.
  • Your entry must comply with the TBT Art Event Submission Policies and Guidelines.

How to Submit

Submit your entry by posting it in this thread by 11:59 PM EDT on Sunday 25th August 2024. Your TBT username must be visible in your submission. If a physical entry, we require a physical name card. If a digital entry, you can write this on your entry directly.

Submission Checklist:
✅ Your entry meets the TBT memory theme.​
✅ You have attached an image of your entry and checked "entry" on the attachment's thumbnail. (See this post from a previous event if you're unsure how.)​
✅ You have included your name card.​
✅ You have included your references.​
✅ It is no later than 11:59 PM EDT on Sunday 25th August 2024.

Prizes

• First Place:
    • 96 Tickets
    • Rainbow Birthday Bouquet collectible
    • Gold Trophy Collectible

• Second Place:
    • 72 Tickets
    • Silver Trophy Collectible

• Third Place:
    • 48 Tickets
    • Bronze Trophy Collectible

• Nominee:
    • 6 Tickets and 6 Throwback Tickets

• Participation:
    • 12 Tickets and 12 Throwback Tickets

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. How will the winners be decided?
A. The staff will vote internally to nominate entries. The entries with the most staff votes will then go forward to a public poll. The recipients for the first, second, and third place prizes will then be decided on by the community.

Q. What materials am I allowed to use in my entry?
A. This is a standard drawing contest, so you are not able to use any materials to enhance your project. Please stick to pen, pencil, paint, crayon, oil pastels, chalk, etc if working traditionally.

Mars Adept's event entry:
  • IMG_5710.jpeg
    IMG_5710.jpeg
    93.7 KB · Views: 1,188
Here is my entry.

My fondest TBT memory is winning the Weird Doll raffle in November 2019. I was so happy because I had never won anything on TBT before! I shortly after traded it away, but eventually I traded for a new one, so what goes around comes around I guess!

Below is a drawing of my Animal Crossing character Patrick with the Weird Doll, representing my gratitude and great times I’ve had on TBT!

IMG_5710.jpeg

(I couldn’t find the option for an entry checkbox when uploading the image. I hope my entry is still valid and okay.)

MrBox's event entry:
  • overallTBTcolor.png
    overallTBTcolor.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 946
Here's my entry!
overallTBTcolor.png

Hope it's alright I'm doing a timeline sort of thing!

But from right to left, I remember when I first joined TBT and was confused to what this site was! I remember people being very friendly and receptive to my dumb questions as a teenager. (X, my OC is portrayed as a child though. I didn't join this site that young.) I learned a lot about hybrid breeding at that time. I believe I was playing City Folk.

Then I came back briefly during New Leaf but actually spent more of my time on Tumblr.
When ACNH was coming out , I got really into Amiibo Card trading .. I believe it was during last year actually! I remember seeing people talk about eggs and there was so many things going on- something about space? I just ignored it though and was feverishly trading cards.

To... Now!
I don't play ACNH that much anymore , but I try to help out people if they need something in game.
I do enjoy all these memories when I think about TBT.

I think my favorite overall memory about TBT is how helpful and friendly everyone is though.

Edited: I wrote "left to right" in the text description bit I meant "right to left".

Last edited:
Here's my entry!
View attachment 572845
Hope it's alright I'm doing a timeline sort of thing!

But from left to right, I remember when I first joined TBT and was confused to what this site was! I remember people being very friendly and receptive to my dumb questions as a teenager. (X, my OC is portrayed as a child though. I didn't join this site that young.) I learned a lot about hybrid breeding at that time. I believe I was playing City Folk.

Then I came back briefly during New Leaf but actually spent more of my time on Tumblr.
When ACNH was coming out , I got really into Amiibo Card trading .. I believe it was during last year actually! I remember seeing people talk about eggs and there was so many things going on- something about space? I just ignored it though and was feverishly trading cards.

To... Now!
I don't play ACNH that much anymore , but I try to help out people if they need something in game.
I do enjoy all these memories when I think about TBT.

I think my favorite overall memory about TBT is how helpful and friendly everyone is though.
My goal in life is actually be able to draw as fast as you but still make it look as good as you do 😭

Here is my entry.

My fondest TBT memory is winning the Weird Doll raffle in November 2019. I was so happy because I had never won anything on TBT before! I shortly after traded it away, but eventually I traded for a new one, so what goes around comes around I guess!

Below is a drawing of my Animal Crossing character Patrick with the Weird Doll, representing my gratitude and great times I’ve had on TBT!

View attachment 572809

(I couldn’t find the option for an entry checkbox when uploading the image. I hope my entry is still valid and okay.)
This is genuinely so cute 😭

Sheando's event entry:
  • IMG_1800.jpeg
    IMG_1800.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 746
My fondest TBT memory is from the 2022 edition of 12 Days of Collectibles. I LOVE Christmas. My partner and I had plans to go to my parents’ house for a meal and exchange gifts. My yearly cheer levels were at maximum—until, on Christmas morning, my partner woke up with a high fever. It was clear we wouldn’t be going anywhere for a long time.

I was totally devastated. The holidays were canceled. And my partner was far too sick to even celebrate at home. I went downstairs to cry and mope and pulled up TBT to absently check on the event. Seeing that I had won the random drawing for the very last day, an animated collectible of my choice, brought a moment of much-needed magic to an awful day. I only got one gift that December 25, but it was a great one! My animated shooting star collectible is the most meaningful to me out of any of my inventory.

IMG_1800.jpeg

amemome's event entry:
  • IMG_0627.jpeg
    IMG_0627.jpeg
    932.2 KB · Views: 732
IMG_0627.jpeg

never thought it would be possible but i was able to complete my full isabelle lineup!!! isabelle is my favorite animal crossing character and it was always a goal of mine to collect a ton of isabelle collectibles. after a couple of years here, i was able to achieve this lineup thanks to all of the generous members of the community who shared their isabelles with me. thank you everyone!

The Pennifer's event entry:
  • IMG_1611.jpeg
    IMG_1611.jpeg
    377.5 KB · Views: 695
My all time favourite Belltree Forum memory is when a dear friend PrayingMantis10 gifted me the rare Weird Doll collectible!! Just out of the blue for no reason!!
I think you’d could probably hear my delighted scream from here on West Ciast of Canada to the Florida East Coast … I thought I would never part with it but time marches on and now Weird Doll has a new owner!
IMG_1611.jpeg

How am I supposed to draw a dragon when the extent to my drawing abilities is stick figures.

I have a great idea, I just have to...figure out how exactly to make it work.

Yanrima~'s event entry:
  • TBT memories.png
    TBT memories.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 673
"The enchanted flower that tells the time and the memories that lie within."
TBT memories.png
Here's my entry! My favorite moments on TBT were (drawn from top left to bottom right of the entry):
  • My magnum opus, the Seven-winged eagle from Creature Feature. I received the best word combination and I have to draw the best one yet. I'm basically proud of that drawing entry till this day.​
  • I won an animated collectible in the last year's 12 days of collectibles while I was out on a Christmas vacation. I obviously choose the shooting star one since it was my most wanted collectible.​
  • I have fun moments over at Camp TBT 2021 and the Poliwags are the winners and I'm proud to be in team Poliwag! So I drew a Poliwag as a tribute.​
  • TBT neighborly games (Also the time I won some matches with Mr. Game and Watch on SSBU sessions). I have fun playing with other TBT members on multiplayer!​
  • I was island hosting in an ACNH Hide and Seek session on this year's TBTWC. It was sunset at that tim.e so I basically draw the island entrance at sunset.​
  • The entry that landed a very first contest I won a snowflake collectible back at 2020 Christmas event, I had to redraw that old contest entry I did as a throwback. I was fairly new at that time (first year on TBT)!​
  • The first and (only) trophy (it's a bronze trophy) I won and that is in the New Year, New Horizons Island Journal contest back in 2023.​
And pictured in the center:
  • The Enchanted Bloom collectible I won at the last TBT Fair back in 2022. It's one of the most beautiful collectibles I have and this entry is a whole tribute to that collectible.
That is all and I hope you enjoy and I appreciate all of you for being together this far!

You got mail!'s event entry:
  • IMG_8657.png
    IMG_8657.png
    143.4 KB · Views: 43
Iu2zsw4.png
I’ve made tons of memories from this site but one that will always stick with me is The Bell Tree World Championship especially the one from 2021. It was very fun playing all sorts of games with other users and see how the chaos played out. The Jolly Redds (and Poyo Puffs) were an amazing team and I couldn’t have asked for better teammates especially my best friend Nika. I was so happy when I saw my team won and thus we were awarded the Super Star collectible. It’s one of my favorite collectibles of all time and regardless of the results, I’m happy to be a part of it, have fun and do the best I can.

Attachments

• IMG_8657.png
    IMG_8657.png
    143.4 KB · Views: 43
KittenNoir's event entry:
  • Memories 2020 Fair.png
    Memories 2020 Fair.png
    897.2 KB · Views: 631

Memories 2020 Fair.png

There is soooooooooo many amazing memories from this website. My very first memory was attending my first ever Bell Tree event. This was the Bell Tree Fair 2020. I was brand new and had no idea what I was doing or how to participate in the events. I spoke and met so many amazing wonderful people !!! I would tag them but I am not sure if I am allowed and it would take forever to list everyone 💗

At the end of the event I had managed to get a Mom's Plush and Sheep Plush. Thank you again to all the amazing people I met then and still talk to this day !!!! You are all amazing and if it wasn't for you this website would be no fun ☺️

Alolan_Apples's event entry:
  • Apple Victory.png
    Apple Victory.png
    67.9 KB · Views: 545
Apple Victory.png

My fondest memory of this site was that I won the animated Tetris Grid from the 2017 TBT Fair. After about three years since the apples started rolling on TBT, they finally got their hands on an animated collectible for presenting a Rubik's Cube cake to the staff.

Last edited:
Suguri's event entry:
  • IMG_1213.jpeg
    IMG_1213.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 510
IMG_1213.jpeg
When I saw that this contest started, I knew I had to begin working on my entry! I'm very proud of this one. Buckle up because I have a lot to talk about here!

I drew my OC Crisp, sitting under a giant bell tree (referencing my first Animal Crossing game, New Leaf) and reminiscing on her past experiences. You may notice four things with her that represent existing collectibles: a blue violet, a purple balloon, a bluebird of happiness, and a Julian plush! I added the bluebird because even though I don't have it yet, its plump and kawaii design makes it my all-time favorite collectible! I will give context for the rest of the collectibles later as we get to...

...the elephant in the room! My Her TBT memories, all inside a thought bubble! From top left to bottom right:
  • When I joined the forums two years ago, it was simply so I could request a custom town tune from a user named @/kiwikenobi. She used to host a town tune creation thread that was very popular and kept it running for years until she suddenly left the forums. I drew the town tune interface with the notes arranged to form a message, "TY KIWIKENOBI", as a tribute to the thread and her generosity. I have since kept her legacy alive through my succeeding thread, which you can find a link to in my signature.
  • While I was trying to disable my collectibles for a lineup, I misclicked and discarded them on accident. I had a massive panic attack because I had just grown attached to most of them, including a blue violet that was gifted to me when I couldn't grow one during the Hybrid Flower Breeding event, a chocolate cake, and an apple! I quickly contacted the staff as soon as a user advised me to do that. It took days for someone to respond, and I grew so impatient and anxious I made a thread in the TBT Marketplace to get help. What I expected was ignorance. What I didn't expect was for a bunch of users to come and offer their collectibles to me! I was very shocked. Sometime later I got back most of my original collectibles (except the original blue violet and a rotating fool's egg) and returned the others to their original owners. Even though things went well in the end, I will never forget this memory because it was one of my first exposures to the kindness of TBT members.
  • June 30, 2024: My family and I went out to eat at a fast-food place, and while I was eating I was checking my phone and noticed that the winners for Celebrating Diversity 2024 had been revealed. I scrolled down and...OMG. I almost choked on my french fries! It turned out that I was one of them!! When I made my entry, I was self-conscious and nervous; I was worried I might offend the autistic people I wanted to represent (symbolized in a red-and-gold infinity-symbol flag) and that nobody would like my entry because of that. Seeing the photo I took of my amigurumi dolls up there in the spotlight for all to see made me realize that I had some skill in me after all. My Julian plush, gifted to me by site owner @/Jeremy (shortened to J), will always be a personal reminder that no matter how self-deprecating we can be over our creations, we should always remember that we are better at them than we believe we are.
  • And finally, I don't think I'd ever be the same without my TBT bestie and love @ZeldaCrossing64, who I befriended a few months ago. To represent our relationship, I drew Crisp hugging their Animal Crossing persona, Char's arm, and included a line from one of my new favorite songs, "Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica! Every memory involving them is of utter significance, including our art exchanges, Basement shenanigans, ACNH hangouts, meaningful PM and Discord chats, collectible gifting (by the way, TYSM again for the purple balloon and the inspiring message!! I appreciate your help during my accidental purge.), and the occasional Dave Mustaine/Mustard joke. They were also the one who introduced me to the wacky world of metal music, and I unexpectedly enjoyed some songs in that genre, including the aforementioned "Nothing Else Matters" as well as "Wherever I May Roam" (also by Metallica) and Megadeth's thrash hit "Holy Wars...The Punishment Due"! No, really. They are the sweetest, kindest, and most understanding TBTer I know, and I am so happy to have someone to talk to, whether it's to give them advice or vent or whatever. From tu cherie*: I love you, mahal**!!
Last but not least, you can find two lines from my favorite non-metal song "Celestial" by Ed Sheeran on the bottom left of this drawing! It doubles as just a few words of inspiration that I believe is fitting for the theme of this thread since we are focusing on memories in the forums.

I only became active recently, and already I've made myself a new online home in The Bell Tree. Thank you so much for helping to make this one of the few wonderful places on the Internet! And from the wise words of PaRappa Rappa, "you gotta believe!" ^w^

*French for "your darling/beloved". Taken from ma cherie (my darling/beloved), a term of endearment Zelda has used for me on occasion <3
**Tagalog (Filipino) term of endearment, translates to "love" in English

EDIT: Forgot to include references so I'm adding them in now. I hope I'm doing this correctly.
Town tune interface (ACNH)
NH_Island_Tune_Layout.jpg

Collectibles (TBT)
Blue Hybrid Violet
Purple BalloonBluebird of Happiness Plush
Julian Plush
Chocolate Cake
Apple (Fruit)

Char! (Thank you Zelda!)
Screenshot 2024-04-27 4.40.50 PM.png

Last edited:
Status