• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mario and Kirby

TheGremp

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
hey I drew a couple pics, and I wanted to show them

NOTE: I'm a novice, so I used a real picture for guidance, I can't draw things freely yet lol

Mario.jpg

Kirby.jpg

please comment, I value your opinions but please avoid flaming.

Great job, though I think they'd be better if they were fully-drawn. Clearly you were looking at a picture of them at the time, and it didn't show them fully drawn, which is alright.

For future reference, they always look better fully drawn.

;)

Still, awesome job!

Kirby isn't that hard, I have a kirby game where the intro to the game is telling you how to draw kirby XD

the mario is good, but where's his arm? o_O

yeah, the pics I used were from gamespot and it had the little logo on the bottom, and I forgot why but I was too noobish to think to just go with it and try and figure it out lol

Im currently working on a pic of a bunch of characters in brawl, and it's going to be a full pic

:p

thanks for the feedback

:)

well I just drew this one out, Link and Pit are really bad, I suck at drawing humans (or angels as for Pit) lol I also took Samus out, the other human shaed ppl were descent enough to keep them, but Samus was horrible lol

well anyways heres the pic

Group.jpg

I think Im gonna try drawing freely *gulp* brace yourselves for a horrible drawing lol

ok it turned out better than I thought it would lol I chose jigglypuff cause hes so easy, just an advanced ball basically lol

Jigglypuff.jpg

comments? tips?

I would just like to say keep it up, you get better as you go, I have been trying to draw things more lately too

:p

/agree with shadow

after drawing that I realized that I didn't put any detail whatsoever on Mario's overalls, which takes away from it a lot

heh... I tried making a metaknight without tracing, halfway through I realized that his mask was waaaaay to small, and it was too late to fix it

time to try again lol

Sorry dude, but those not that good. Try inking them and erasing EVERY pencil mark afterwards. That might help. A bit. Also, don't rush your drawings to post them up here.

JJRamone2 said:
way to trace
Yeah, I just noticed this.
I mean, originally I thought you were eyeballing, which is still cruddy but more honorable, but you're TRACING?

I mean....COME ON! You don't learn BEANS like that.

dragonflamez said:
I mean, originally I thought you were eyeballing, which is still cruddy but more honorable, but you're TRACING?
Wait, he's tracing?

-_-

Don't trace. It's in no way amazing.

Ah...

You can't really expect people to comment on something you traced...

If you have pictures you drew that you didn't trace, feel free to post them! Even if they arent as good. Like dragonflamez said, you can't learn from tracing.

dragonflamez said:
I mean....COME ON! You don't learn BEANS like that.
I beg to differ

I leaned the basics of drawing a character by tracing them, it helps me learn the sizing and shape of them by drawing them out right, then I can make it on my own better than I would have if I didn't trace them.

and btw, good job at flaming someone who's still learning

Back