• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mysteries of the Monolith - Ended!

Congrats @~Kilza~ ! I can't imagine how difficult that was to feel like you're racing against the clock while trying to decode it.

The "create form" did throw me off a bit, but when I realized I wouldn't need that spell anyway I ignored it.

I especially liked: 'Khronos Vastus" "A spell to waste one's efforts. Short and sweet"
I loved this one. It was actually the first spell that I decoded and it made me laugh.

idk if it's been answered, but pls what is a wolete 😭 i was racking my brain thinking if i was wrong with that word because I had no idea what it was supposed to mean 🥲
I want to know what Wolete means too. I understood what all of the other spell names meant, but this one made me question myself and check my answer key over and over again before submitting.

Aw man, I mistyped and submitted srvitium instead of servitium D:

Glad I got it in the end but I guess I'm the only idiot who was thrown off by the word preparatory? I didn't even know that was an actual word until this puzzle! At first I got preparat and was like ??? what else could this be besides preparation?!

Congrats @~Kilza~ ! I can't imagine how difficult that was to feel like you're racing against the clock while trying to decode it.

The "create form" did throw me off a bit, but when I realized I wouldn't need that spell anyway I ignored it.

I loved this one. It was actually the first spell that I decoded and it made me laugh.

I want to know what Wolete means too. I understood what all of the other spell names meant, but this one made me question myself and check my answer key over and over again before submitting.

I thought it was a funny way to say wallet ...like we will need money to get back home 🤷‍♀️

Okay wow I solved the riddle yesterday and forgot to submitt the answer. I hate myself right now. It was the right solution too :(

One question: What is "create form"? English is not my native language and I thought all the time something is wrong with my solution because of this combination xD

part of me knew there must be two ciphers but i just didn’t have the time to really sit and think about it 😭 congrats to anyone who solved it you are tougher than i am

I'm sorry, wha??????
I figured there was a chance there was 2nd key or something but didn't find anything. Then the Red Herring spell came and I thought that it was just telling me the others were thrown in to confuse us, so I submitted the other two I solved. Oh well...
Right!!! Meeee toooo!!!! I had solved 3/6 with the other 3 being “gibberish” and just assumed after the red herring one, that they were supposed to be that way to throw us off.

One question: What is "create form"? English is not my native language and I thought all the time something is wrong with my solution because of this combination xD
pretty sure it's just mistreil either forgot to put a period there or intentionally left it out to throw people off

'a spell to create. form a new island by the horizon.'
Post automatically merged:

edit: also looking at it this way, it's possible there's a double error. in that 'form' should instead be 'forms', in addition to the aforementioned missing period placement

Last edited:
Okay wow I solved the riddle yesterday and forgot to submitt the answer. I hate myself right now. It was the right solution too :(

I messaged Mistreil about that because it was throwing me off and they mentioned that there was supposed to be a “/“ between the words that accidentally got deleted. It was driving me nuts too 😂

i meant to give this cryptogram another try earlier, but i got wrapped up with other things + then i accidentally fell asleep. i’m glad i got some rest, though, because looking at the answer now... i would’ve never gotten that. 😅

and that red herring spell... oof. another reason i’m glad i fell asleep, because i was convinced that was the only spell i actually had to decipher. i would’ve been so mad lmao. and i never would’ve guessed that there were two different alphabets used, but it definitely makes sense now.

i actually have a lot of fun trying to solve cryptograms, so i’m happy they were included in this year’s fair (even if this one was pure evil)! definitely appreciate the break from them, though, as i’m pretty sure a part of my brain is melted now. 🤣

congratulations on being the first to solve it correctly, @~Kilza~! 🥳🎉 i don’t know how you always manage to go so hard during events, but it’s always lovely to see. <33

rip, i didn't even realize there was a second cipher. maybe a note saying "there may be more than one cipher" might be worth something in future events (unless there already is one and i'm just illiterate lol) since i just assumed half purposefully translated to gibberish to make you waste your time and/or trip you up. similarly, it wasn't clear whether or not you had to include the red herring spell in the answer; i didn't because, y'know, red herring, but i wouldn't fault anyone who did since I definitely considered it.

happy i solved the first cipher with relative ease though. if i'd known there was a second cipher, i'm confident i could've solved that one too, so i don't feel bad. thankfully it's only worth a few tickets ajfkfkska.

Congrats Kilza!!

Ahh I'm another one though who got it correct but didn't think you needed the preparatory spell in 😭 Serves me right for trying to rush it even when I knew I wasn't first.

Glad I got it in the end but I guess I'm the only idiot who was thrown off by the word preparatory? I didn't even know that was an actual word until this puzzle! At first I got preparat and was like ??? what else could this be besides preparation?!

I had to google preparatory to check it existed so you're definitely not alone! English isn't my first language so I initially thought I made a mistake somewhere along the line.

So, how did 1 get to solve the 2nd cipher? I still want to know..

For me the key was all the spell descriptions starting with 'A spell to...'. If there had been just one cipher all of the spells would've started the same way but instead they were either 'M GWHH AP' or 'K AGLNN WS'. After noticing that pattern I just divided all the spells in to groups depending on what they started with and then went from there.

I had to google preparatory to check it existed so you're definitely not alone! English isn't my first language so I initially thought I made a mistake somewhere along the line.

For me the key was all the spell descriptions starting with 'A spell to...'. If there had been just one cipher all of the spells would've started the same way but instead they were either 'M GWHH AP' or 'K AGLNN WS'. After noticing that pattern I just divided all the spells in to groups depending on what they started with and then went from there.

I did not notice that somehow.... thanks for the info!

So, how did 1 get to solve the 2nd cipher? I still want to know..
This took me a while to figure out. Half of it was gibberish with the original cypher and then i noticed another 5 letter word with the same last 2 letters in the gibberish parts so i figured that might also be the word spell but with a new cypher. So I started with the assumption that word was spell and decoded the rest from there

Back