• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

New Collectibles and TBT's Valentine's Day 2021 Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not accepting any entries today. Just came on quickly to answer your questions and then hitting the hay. 😴

Sorry to still bother you with questions this late into the event @Vrisnem, but I was wondering if I'm allowed to present my finished card in a digital mock-up? I dont have the means to print it and with a mock-up I would still be able to present it like an actual card as opposed to several flat pngs. The template I'd use wouldn't be made by me though so I'm not sure if this is against the rules
Please do not use any templates in your submission.* For the record, we do our best to look past presentation when determining staff favourites so presenting them as flat images will not negatively impact you.

*Although if you would like to include an extra image in this format you're welcome to, it just won't be in the version of your submission that is presented to the team for staff favourite voting.

If I'm doing a digital entry does my signature have to be on the "card" or can it be outside the drawn card borders?

I'm having a rough time trying to put my signature on my front piece without it looking ugly so it's kind of hovering just outside the art work.
It's still in the image just not on the card.​
Either is fine as long as it is in the same image file.

hey @Vrisnem sorry for another question but just making sure before i mess up, do we have to write our username on the card or can we write it on a paper and place that paper beside the card in the picture? im making a traditional version and i don’t know if it would be acceptable that way so just wanted to confirm ^^
Yes, as stated in the OP you are allowed to use name cards.

This is for @Raz - thank you for being my first ever friend from the Southern Hemisphere!
Rami_Card_Front.png

Rami_Card_Inner.png

Happy TBT Valentines Week to @Seastar ! I hope this splat-tastic card brightens your day even just a tiny bit. I know we don't really talk so thank you for putting up with my awkwardness. 😅

I tried to make it a healthy mix of Splatoon and Animal crossing by including all the crossover villagers from New Leaf and a couple of silly squids. I tried to give the card a homemade feel by making things be fake stickers and whatnot. Not sure how visible that effect is but oh well. I know this isn't the most romantic looking card out there, but it's the farthest I felt comfortable going with the theme. It's more in line with those silly cards you would swap with friends in elementary school rather than a romantic gesture.

x0jmiyk.png

CIIMc3K.png

Ps. Seastar, if you want any of the squirrel art to save as individual images just send me a PM and I'll get you those transparent pngs!

All submissions have been accepted, all requested edits have been implemented, and all questions in-thread or via PM should have received a response. If I've missed something do let me know! Reminder that submissions close tomorrow, Sunday February 21st 2021, at 11:59pm EST (GMT-5).

This is just the sweetest event 😍❤ I hate valentines irl but this has been so sweet and special.

Can I just say how much I love and appreciate friends past and present 💜 @Vrisnem deserves so much credit as he is always on here keeping the wheels turning. So kind and caring 🖤@dizzy bone is amazing and such a talented artist 🤩 and @Mairmalade 💜 so kind and sweet. Really a special person and extremely talented. Team purple 💜💜 😉.All staff are fab but I just wanted to thank those I have personally spoken to.

Fantastic event honestly just been the tonic I needed away from real life 💕
I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying this event! Also I very much appreciate the kind words. It is nice to hear that the time and effort that goes into this has been recognised.

Your card was amazing and you know how much it meant to @Vrisnem 💜
Aww thank you ! That's true it made me happy knowing he liked it ☺😊
I did indeed like it! Who doesn't love Celeste? ⭐ I was also glad to hear that the advice I gave has helped you to improve your real life. It's times like this that make me hyperaware of how something we might say in passing from behind the safety of our computer screens can have a long-term real world impact on a stranger's life - positive or negative. Kindness costs nothing.

Here it is! 15 hours, 216 individual pieces of construction paper cut out and glued in place. Italicized words are the in-game reactions that I've incorporated! This card is for my husband, @nthylton 🥰 I daydream of you all day even though we're together 24/7. I love you so much, and I'm so thankful for everything you do for our family. You bring me so much joy! Thank you for being amazing, Wolf!
Love always,
Your Forever Fox 🥰

20210220_154612.jpg

20210220_154701.jpg

20210220_154714.jpg

I didn't intend for it to look like they're kissing, I just ran out of room for them to be holding hands, so I had to smoosh them together lol.

Here it is! 15 hours, 216 individual pieces of construction paper cut out and glued in place. Italicized words are the in-game reactions that I've incorporated! This card is for my husband, @nthylton 🥰 I daydream of you all day even though we're together 24/7. I love you so much, and I'm so thankful for everything you do for our family. You bring me so much joy! Thank you for being amazing, Wolf!
Love always,
Your Forever Fox 🥰

I didn't intend for it to look like they're kissing, I just ran out of room for them to be holding hands, so I had to smoosh them together lol.
Not sure if I can edit, so replying with my photo with my username. Forgot that!

Attachments

• 20210220_161839.jpg
    20210220_161839.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 18
Love always,
Your Forever Fox 🥰

Hmmm. Well, trying this again....

Thank you @Foreverfox , I'll cherish this card forever!!!!! I'm still trying to figure out what I can do myself, not as artsy in this respect lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back