• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

New Year, New Horizons! - ACNH Blogging Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I plan on starting mine tonight or tomorrow, but I have a question. obviously here in the northern hemisphere it is currently winter time but I dread playing AC games during winter time, so would it be okay if I moved my clock ahead to around March so that it's spring time?

I plan on starting mine tonight or tomorrow, but I have a question. obviously here in the northern hemisphere it is currently winter time but I dread playing AC games during winter time, so would it be okay if I moved my clock ahead to around March so that it's spring time?
This was answered by Chris about two pages ago:
(Didn’t want to quote/ping Chris for this so I just copy pasted the replies):

Does it need to be between January 14th 2023 and February 12th 2023 in-game?
„Nope. We're not going to hold being a time traveller against you.
SHAAAAAME!

I’d also like to know if we can
1. Edit the fotos we take
2. Time travel

I have a specific concept in mind, but it requires me to change the season.
(Q1) Yes.
(Q2) Yes.“

I really really want to do this but my carpal tunnel has been SOOOO bad lately that I can’t even get on my switch for more than about 10 min. Hopefully it’ll die down some in the next few days so I can join in on the fun!!!!

Finally had some time to work on my island journal! Rather than working on my second island (which I started in the second half of last year), I decided on touring, snapping photos, and even renovating, some of the areas of my original island, Bilby Isle, because the residents there mean a lot to me! 😊 Have loved reading some of the journals so far! 💖

Decided this was the perfect opportunity and motivation I needed to revisit my island and have enjoyed returning to the game over the last week - finally got round to starting my journal and looking forward to updating it and reading everyone else's ☺️

For anyone who is reading my journal (ok, crazy story, lol), it might be a couple days til the next installment. I have it planned out a certain way, but I need to capture photos of certain villagers together.

Somehow, villagers that interacted plenty before this are now avoiding each other like the plague...aargh....lol...

(It's kind of making me crazy, ngl).

Here´s my island diary, thank you staff for hosting this event, it´s a great idea and an opportunity to get back to playing! <3

1673720466643 (1).png

It is time to reveal our Weekly Staff Picks for week one!

This event took off better than any of us were expecting! It has been a blast to watch people getting back into ACNH and blogging about their experiences. You might have even noticed that some of our staff members have joined in on the fun too!

Within the team, three staff members were assigned the task of nominating a journal that they are personally enjoying following. There was no criteria outlined in the selection process beyond this. The nominations for this week were put forward by @Chris, @dizzy bone, and @Mairmalade.

Our winners are listed in alphabetical order. They will receive 150 TBT Bells for their efforts and their island representatives will appear in our site banner fairly soon! If your name appears below and your journal does not have an unedited, full-body picture of your island representative please submit one to us via Contact the Staff.

winnerweek1_amemome.png

0126D67E-5677-4EBC-A77A-EB99AEA01EE6.jpeg

soup_avatar.png

Why we selected Soup's Bucket List!​
amemome is crafting a personal, scrapbook-like adventure that follows Soup and their quest to achieve different goals. Between the humorous, beautifully flowing prose, screenshots, and amemome's own charming sketches, I always look forward to seeing what Soup has gotten themselves into. I also love how amemome "stylizes" the beginning of each entry with a little character sketch, hashtags, and a quote from Soup. It's a great combination to introduce what's to come - and I'm here for it. #soup-goals​

Check out Soup's Bucket List! by @amemome!

nominationbar_mairmalade.png

winnerweek1_lieryl.png

Untitled_Artwork.png

Why we selected [ laced with love, ] 🎧☁️
I am nominating [ laced with love, ] 🎧☁️ because it is a shining example of how far creativity and imagination help to shape our experience in ACNH. lieryl utilises thematic image editing, sketches, and music that cohesively blend together to develop an atmosphere otherwise unachievable in the game. The text messages, notes, and receipts throughout are humorous additions that help to keep things lively despite the overall forlorn tone - I snickered at the reminder to "tell the cockroaches to pay their rent" on the to-do list in January 16th's entry. Please keep writing, I'm really enjoying this one!

nominationbar_chris2.png

winnerweek1_yanrima.png

fallingstar.png

2023011517205500-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpeg

Why we selected ✨💙 Everyday tales from Royale-3 💙✨
My staff pick for the week is Yanrima’s journal! Yanrima’s weaves in their accounts of everyday chores on Royale-3 along with the fascinating lore that they have thought up for the island. Complimenting the beautiful backdrop of Royale-3’s intricate island planning, Yanrima also further brings us into their world through charming little drawings that make me want to know more about the shenanigans of the resident and villager’s daily lives!

nominationbar_dizzybone.png

Hello

I give it a try! Hopefully some of my post will have enough words.

This is the link to my journal of Solfolket.

Yours Vintersol

I have hard time to keep up with everybody stories, but I'm enjoying it :love:. Maybe there are stories I haven't seen yet, I'm sorry, you are not forgotten, I need a little bit more time. Is there a list with all participants just to be sure not to miss anybody?

wait even with week one winners selected i can still enter this event between now and feb 12th right? just asking bc i havent made a thread yet but im writing everything and i plan on releasing every entry at once.

wait even with week one winners selected i can still enter this event between now and feb 12th right? just asking bc i havent made a thread yet but im writing everything and i plan on releasing every entry at once.
You can still enter at this point in the event, yes.

However, if you wish to be eligible for receiving any prizes (participation, staff pick, or category) you cannot release all ten entries at once. Your ten entries must be spread across ten different days. Please refer to the OP for the specific rules and guidelines for this event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back