• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

New Year, New Horizons! - ACNH Blogging Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
So happy to see it isn't too late to start participating. Took me a bit to get my act together. This is a wonderful idea for an event, thank you so much.

Also, please let me know if I need to change the formatting - I like to intersperse the text with pictures, but happy to rework it if that doesn't work/ is too difficult for word counting.

I have a question. A couple of questions, actually. Will qualifying blogs be given the "accepted" reaction like in other TBT events? And will the authors of ones that don't qualify be notified that they don't so that they will have time to fix them so that they do?

Also, please let me know if I need to change the formatting - I like to intersperse the text with pictures, but happy to rework it if that doesn't work/ is too difficult for word counting.
It's not a problem.

I have a question. A couple of questions, actually. Will qualifying blogs be given the "accepted" reaction like in other TBT events? And will the authors of ones that don't qualify be notified that they don't so that they will have time to fix them so that they do?

We use the "Accepted" reaction to automate workflow, e.g. for distributing event currency or recording names. This time we are doing both of these things manually so we aren't using reactions. It is likely that we will use prefixes to mark (a) which entries have been reviewed and then (b) which ones are eligible for nomination in the public voting portion of the event, but this would not be until after the deadline.

The requirements for this event are very straightforward to self-assess—10 posts across 10 different days each containing a minimum of 1 screenshot and 100 words—and everyone is working through the event at their own pace. We don't have enough manpower to track and record every user's journal at the pace needed to make unprompted individual feedback possible. We will of course remind everyone when the latest possible start date is approaching though (Friday 3rd February 2023).

Thank you for answering. I have another question. What counts as a day? Do the posts have to be more than twenty-four hours apart? Or is just being on different dates enough? And will you take into account the different time zones to determine what counts as a day? My concern is that posts that I made on dates that were separate in my time zone may appear to be the same date in others if they were less than twenty-four hours apart, so I want to make sure I've been doing it correctly while I still have time to make additional posts, if necessary to qualify.

Thank you for answering. I have another question. What counts as a day? Do the posts have to be more than twenty-four hours apart? Or is just being on different dates enough? And will you take into account the different time zones to determine what counts as a day? My concern is that posts that I made on dates that were separate in my time zone may appear to be the same date in others if they were less than twenty-four hours apart, so I want to make sure I've been doing it correctly while I still have time to make additional posts, if necessary to qualify.

It does not need to be a full 24hrs apart.

We're not reviewing the entries from one specific time zone—the people working on this event are scattered across North America, Europe, and Asia so the time stamps will present differently on all of our screens—so we'll all be using common sense if there is any date overlap. e.g. if it shows on my screen that someone posted at 3AM and then again at 11:30PM, I can guess that they probably live in the Western Hemisphere.

Question: 10 different REAL days or 10 different in-game days?

I'm not really sure and the wording was vague. I currently have 9 real life day entries, but I kind of wanted to TT to tomorrow to just complete the last necessary day 10 entry.

If it needs to be 10 different real days, then I'll just wait until tomorrow to finish my day 10 entry :3

Question: 10 different REAL days or 10 different in-game days?

I'm not really sure and the wording was vague. I currently have 9 real life day entries, but I kind of wanted to TT to tomorrow to just complete the last necessary day 10 entry.

If it needs to be 10 different real days, then I'll just wait until tomorrow to finish my day 10 entry :3
Real days.

@Chris Ive completed my 10th day thismorning! it was an enjoyable event as it got me back in the swing of my island, Though it was a lot of work! I dont know how you authenticate peoples entries hence the mention to let you know ive completed my 10days..... That lost journal looks so good!:love::love:

Are we able to make up a journal now or did it have to be started on the 14th? : )

Hi @Chris

I have completed 10 different entries across 10 different real in-life days!

Now updated with an interlude introducing the villagers.
Day 7 coming soon!
edit: Day 7 is now out!

Last edited:
Forgot to post that I decided to join in on this event and started a new island 😊

I finally began my journal! Life's been kinda hectic so it took me a sec but this was fun! Can't wait to get to reading other people's entries and expanding on mine!!

hi staff I decided to make a new thread because I wasn't happy anymore with my old one I hope that's okay :c
It will still feature the same island but in a more "commentary" sort of format!

Decided to give it a try and join in on the event

Finally took some time to read about this event and I knew immediately that I had to join. It's wonderful to see the Island Jorunals space so alive again 😊

Here's my entry: ✧ New year on Mars...

Hopefully I'll manage the 10 posts on 10 days so I can get that Lost Book! Also thank you for the option to merge this with my current journal, I'd love to do that after the event is done!

Happy writing everyone! 💌

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back