• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Obama's Immigrant Plan

RT.jpg

Actually, the large majority of the unemployed go for ANY job they can find. At the end of the day, money is money. I'd do a lot of things just to earn some cash, and if that comes at the cost of exposing myself to a hard-labour job or something which others would find humiliating, then so be it. It all really depends on how badly you want a job, it really does.

But yeah, immigration = more people living in America, which means less employment opportunities. Combined with a huge list of other implications relating to over-popularity.

A lot of people here are just looking at the racial/social aspects of immigration. Ya'll need to look at everything. Socio-cultural impacts, economical impacts, environmental etc. Can America really afford to harbour more civilians?

Do you know how many unoccupied homes there are in America? jw

Actually, the large majority of the unemployed go for ANY job they can find. At the end of the day, money is money. I'd do a lot of things just to earn some cash, and if that comes at the cost of exposing myself to a hard-labour job or something which others would find humiliating, then so be it. It all really depends on how badly you want a job, it really does.

But yeah, immigration = more people living in America, which means less employment opportunities. Combined with a huge list of other implications relating to over-popularity.

A lot of people here are just looking at the racial/social aspects of immigration. Ya'll need to look at everything. Socio-cultural impacts, economical impacts, environmental etc. Can America really afford to harbour more civilians?

But don't forget -- just as immigrants are coming IN to the country, there are people moving OUT. And honestly, my boyfriend and I will be doing just that once we finish up our Bachelor's Degrees here. It sucks here, it really does. I'm not going to lie. This country is beyond capitalistic. It's just ridiculous. We pay so much for an education here, whereas it's little to no cost in Europe. It's all about money here.

lol America is not overpopulated
the world is overpopulated, but that's a different matter

But don't forget -- just as immigrants are coming IN to the country, there are people moving OUT. And honestly, my boyfriend and I will be doing just that once we finish up our Bachelor's Degrees here. It sucks here, it really does. I'm not going to lie. This country is beyond capitalistic. It's just ridiculous. We pay so much for an education here, whereas it's little to no cost in Europe. It's all about money here.

Ironic lol. When I've finished my uni degree here I was planning on moving to America. We should just switch houses!

Oh yeah!
Is it Denmark where students don't have to pay a tuition fee for uni?

How bad is Canada?

There are many countries that don't have tuition fees. From what I know, majority (if not all) of the countries a part of the EU have free education for EU citizens. (I'm Lithuanian. If I still had my Lithuanian citizenship -- which I don't, since they don't allow dual-citizenship -- then I could essentially go to almost any European country I wanted and have housing and a free education)

I wouldn't know about Canada lol I've visited very little of Canada :p

At what cost? We have to understand that ancestors have put people through trials that their descendants still feel the effects of. This has really gotten off the subject of immigration. I still think that immigrants should be able to move to america or anywhere else, and vice versa.
You talk about the effects of the trials these people have been put through, and focus on things that are relatively recent (historically speaking). My point there was that if the Europeans taking over the US was so bad, then the rest of the world should feel bad as well. Descendants all over the world still feel the effects of what their descendants have been put through, because they live in countries that quite literally would not exist had those conquests not happened.

Let's say your father murdered somebody. With your logic of descendants having to atone, then you should be in jail, and your children, and your children's children, and so on. It makes no sense.
The same applies to when it's a larger group of people, because as far as I know, the European descendants currently living in the US never made the decision to cross the Atlantic. They were simply born there, and you decide that's enough reason to tell them that one of their birth rights is apologizing for what their great-great-great grandfathers did.

Guilt is not hereditary, and the people that committed those acts are long dead.

- - - Post Merge - - -

This is what I would show to ALL immigrants.
View attachment 75284
It might be a problem due to the size of the country, but it might do the US well to introduce what we have here in the Netherlands. When people decide to immigrate here they have to go through a test where they learn about the history of the country, as well as the basic language. It's helped a lot for getting them jobs.

It might be a problem due to the size of the country, but it might do the US well to introduce what we have here in the Netherlands. When people decide to immigrate here they have to go through a test where they learn about the history of the country, as well as the basic language. It's helped a lot for getting them jobs.

That's all part of the test in order to get citizenship here. You have to be proficient in the language, know about the history, etc. I remember my parents having to do that when they went to get their citizenship up in Olympia.

Back