pet peeves / lil stuff you cant stand

I have been, but we don’t get them much where I live, probably because I’m not on the ground floor. And you’re right, I tend not to remember fire ants because there aren’t any where I used to live.
Lucky!! They're everywhere where I live 😭 At the end of 2019 I was taking down Christmas lights and I accidentally stepped on a mound of fire ants.... I was wearing flat shoes 😭😭

I think for me it's more when I hear a noise (like bags moving) and I assume it's because of the fan but NO, a giant roach comes out running straight at me .-.

my pet peeve is people helping me out as im cooking when im not asking for their help. i get it's nothing wrong helping someone but i'd appreciate asking me first if i needed help instead of fumbling through my chopped carrots or potatoes or something and i no longer know where is what and wtf yall are doing with my ingredients. i ask for help when i dont know something but otherwise get your hands away from what im cooking smh i can handle it
Post automatically merged:

another would be when people who constantly make this mistake tell me off when *I* make that mistake once. for example, my 11y/o cousin is absolutely LOUD on the dining table when he uses his phone bc of whatever loud youtuber he watches and it just ruins the atmosphere. we always tell him off not to use his phone on the table. and then once i had my phone beside me during bfast and was simply restarting it (idk something was wrong w it), he pointed at me and said "hey, no phones while eating" and was just annoyed it came from him, of all people. I wasnt even noisy or loud, just checking on my restarting phone, and if anyone else had told me to put away my phone i would've, but coming from him who almost always brings his phone wherever he goes (he literally walks around the house watching YT vids), he wasnt exactly the CEO of putting away phones lmao.

Last edited:
When cashier/support people address me overly polite (Might make more sense if you know german(Sie, which you use to address people you don't know etc. (or sie which is many du/you or she etc.) (or swedish where ni/you) is a polite you/du) whenever I ask for stuff... You can use "du"/regular you and I kinda wanna punch those people (also the swiss customs thinking i was married rofl)

in relation, you don't really use a polite you (other than if you're speaking to several people) and like maybe addressing royalties but then you use like "king" or "prince" so

Last edited:
How people treat people in America who have to deal with customer services. To them, you are not human you are but an insignificant servant. The customers who are nice usually have worked retail before. Just so you know!!! It pays off being genuinely nice to people, whenever I have nice customers I give them better products and discounts without them asking! Also, if you think you can talk to my manager about me lmao you got another coming because all she’s gonna do is talk about you to me xD she’s my OG. -I decorate cakes-

How people treat people in America who have to deal with customer services. To them, you are not human you are but an insignificant servant. The customers who are nice usually have worked retail before. Just so you know!!! It pays off being genuinely nice to people, whenever I have nice customers I give them better products and discounts without them asking! Also, if you think you can talk to my manager about me lmao you got another coming because all she’s gonna do is talk about you to me xD she’s my OG. -I decorate cakes-
This is so so true. I have worked several customer service jobs, and they really do treat you terribly. I think because they’re paying for the product, they think they own you and can do/say whatever they want to you. It’s great that you have a manager that’s there for you, though! I’ve never had a decent manager, mine right now would gladly throw any of us under the bus with no warning, it’s no fun.
If I’m ever on a date/hangout with someone and they’re rude to the server/employee, I will straight up leave. I believe that how they treat employees says a lot about their
character.

This is so so true. I have worked several customer service jobs, and they really do treat you terribly. I think because they’re paying for the product, they think they own you and can do/say whatever they want to you. It’s great that you have a manager that’s there for you, though! I’ve never had a decent manager, mine right now would gladly throw any of us under the bus with no warning, it’s no fun.
If I’m ever on a date/hangout with someone and they’re rude to the server/employee, I will straight up leave. I believe that how they treat employees says a lot about their
character.
Yesss! Exactly! You go girl! Don’t stand for that. I’ve had a lot of bad managers as well! Rn my manager is a very good friend of mine and I absolutely adore her, I’m appreciative of it everyday. ^^

I really don’t like chewing with your mouth open, when people ask a question and don’t listen to the answer, and cars that constantly start and stop on the road. They are all very different but I can’t stand any of them!

Thank to @ The Hidden Owl I remembered another one... when family members or roommates finish a certain food product and they put the empty container/box BACK in its place... like WHY? just toss it out or put in the recycling bin if it's empty!

And this isn't just my family members, I've seen this happen at other peoples houses as well .-.

People writing overly correct in academic terms when it's not a paper or legal document or such.. Like chill you CAN relax.

I mean I guess some want proper grammar but when they write like "oscillating monetizing flavour of tableau baguette" it's like.. uh no not reading that.

It's probably because I'm more prone to road rage, but I hate when people honk their horns at you when it's only been a second that the traffic lights turned green. Yes, I know the light is green, you don't need to remind me aggressively. Are you in a hurry? You don't own the roads. This isn't an F1 Grand Prix where you get moving as soon as the red lights go out. Oh, and also that drivers get angry at you for doing something that what you're doing is reasonable. I can't be forced to squeeze into the other lane because there's not enough room for me to do so. I've actually had that happen with my father where this one person honked at us because we weren't moving, but a streetcar is in the way and couldn't get through. Again, why are you in such a hurry?

- passive aggressiveness!!! !!! either tell me something is wrong directly or get over it
- this one is super petty but it gets on my nerves when people imitate or copy me and then act like they were the ones who started doing that thing/hobby/etc
- when someone says that they're "brutally honest" or "blunt" as a way to justify being blatantly rude

tailgating

im kind of a paranoid driver so having someone like 2 inches behind me is pretty stressful. and people here do it all the time.

My boyfriend does muay thai and jiujitsu basically as a second job. He'll wear a mouthpiece for the former, but never for the latter. Comes home from rolling and will complain about getting a cut on the inside of his mouth from someone and then proceed to chew every meal for the next few days with his mouth open because it hurts. Complains about pineapple hurting his cut while smack-chewing it after dinner. It's been over three years of this, and he just won't wear his mouthpiece to prevent it. He's lucky I love him.

• whenever someone says "nvm" when i ask them to kindly repeat what they just said. im sorry i couldn't hear you well the first time???
  • when people chews loudly
  • ppl who ghost you. just come out and say what's on your mind and get it over with!! then we can both go our separate ways lmao.

- when someone says that they're "brutally honest" or "blunt" as a way to justify being blatantly rude

ohgod yes. especially on the internet it's like.. no you're not kind by letting all those frogs leaping out of your mouth just shut it...

Back