• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Pokémon Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet General Discussion

Tomorrow is probably the last day for a trailer in July. If there is none, then a trailer will come before the preorder campaign in August.

I've not seen all the leaks but I'm SO excited for a bisharp evo
Yeah, I'm really excited for Bisharps evo. It's already pretty good as it is with Defiant and its stats. I can only imagine what an evolved form could do...eviolite Bisharp, that's pretty scary if I think about it

Strange question, UK here btw, will preorders will happen by say August? I forgot when it's coming out but I haven't had the time nor money to preorder the games yet and was worried I'd miss it.

Strange question, UK here btw, will preorders will happen by say August? I forgot when it's coming out but I haven't had the time nor money to preorder the games yet and was worried I'd miss it.
ScarVio is coming out in November so you have plenty of time to preorder. You can actually preorder now for the digital copy on the eShop or for the physical copy at your regional retailer. Campaigns are different and focus on building hype for the unreleased product, in this case, ScarVio. Campaigns could highlight preorder bonuses, like the shiny Beldum for ORAS.

I'm still undecided if i should choose Fuecoco or Quaxly. Wonder if they ever going to reveal they're final evos…

I'm still undecided if i should choose Fuecoco or Quaxly. Wonder if they ever going to reveal they're final evos…
They might reveal the middle stage evos but they don't tend to 'officially' reveal the final evos till after the games come out. No doubt they will get leaked though closer to release

I have heard we will most likely get a trailer on August.... 3rd I think? (...)
Good news, that seems to be correct! The official youtube channel has scheduled a Pokemon Presents for august 3rd! 💕
I hope we get to see the starters' 2nd evos there (though it may be a bit too soon for that?), I think all of them have a great potential. I wasn't sold on Quaxly because I thought it looked too much like Ducklett, but its evo will most likely change that, I doubt they will do Swanna 2.0

SPOILERS FOR THE SUPPOSED STARTER 3RD EVOS & OTHER POKEMON!
From what I have heard, Sprigatito will most likely be my favorite. They described it as "gentleman with a mask" "Phantom thief" and "Dark magician", very different from what I expected it to be, but I love all of these aesthetics, so I will probably likely like it. I loved Braixen (and Delphox, but its 3D model looks off to me), this may look like its cousin.
For Fuecoco, I'm happy it remains on 4 legs! Both it and Quaxly seem like they will have lustrous hair, I'm curious about them.

Starters aside, I'm very excited for the new Jigglypuff & Delibird forms!! I hope they explain the 43857 new different forms they included on this game lol (past form, future form, "fake pokemon" [something like normal/alola vulpix but with alola vulpix being its own pokemon instead of a form], regional forms....)
Also the flamingo! I seemed to see the blurry image differently than the rest of people, I didn't see it having a toupee?

Good news, that seems to be correct! The official youtube channel has scheduled a Pokemon Presents for august 3rd! 💕
I hope we get to see the starters' 2nd evos there (though it may be a bit too soon for that?), I think all of them have a great potential. I wasn't sold on Quaxly because I thought it looked too much like Ducklett, but its evo will most likely change that, I doubt they will do Swanna 2.0

SPOILERS FOR THE SUPPOSED STARTER 3RD EVOS & OTHER POKEMON!
From what I have heard, Sprigatito will most likely be my favorite. They described it as "gentleman with a mask" "Phantom thief" and "Dark magician", very different from what I expected it to be, but I love all of these aesthetics, so I will probably likely like it. I loved Braixen (and Delphox, but its 3D model looks off to me), this may look like its cousin.
For Fuecoco, I'm happy it remains on 4 legs! Both it and Quaxly seem like they will have lustrous hair, I'm curious about them.

Starters aside, I'm very excited for the new Jigglypuff & Delibird forms!! I hope they explain the 43857 new different forms they included on this game lol (past form, future form, "fake pokemon" [something like normal/alola vulpix but with alola vulpix being its own pokemon instead of a form], regional forms....)
Also the flamingo! I seemed to see the blurry image differently than the rest of people, I didn't see it having a toupee?

Yes we finally get a Pokemon Presents although this was sort of expected. We honestly need this because it can confirm or deny that some of the leaked information is correct. Just the revealing the region name and a few gym leaders alone can do that.

Yeah, according to the leaker the starters go through the following:
Sprig 4>2>2 this gens Braixen
- becomes Grass Dark
Fuecoco 2>2>4 quadraped final evo
- becomes Fire Ghost
Quaxly 2>2>2 bipedal the whole way
- becomes Water Fighting
At the beginning I liked Sprigatito but now I really like Quaxly.

I feel conflicted about the new "Paradox" Pokemon. Past and Future forms sound exciting but because they dont evolve remind me more of Ultra Beasts. I'm more excited for the potential cross gen evolutions honestly. Girafarig and Dunsparce really needed them.

I look forward to finding out more official information tomorrow! Though I did end up preordering Scarlet on Sunday which works out well cause most friends I’ve talked to mostly plan on getting Violet.

Pokemon Presents in a few mins. Curious to see how development is coming along, and to learn a little bit more about the game.
I did see a couple of scenes that lagged, but I am hoping that perhaps they were earlier shots during the development stage since most of the footage shown seemed to flow ok.

After seeing more of the legendries in game, I like the red one much more than the purple. So if I was to get the game, I would go with scarlet. These legendries appear more of a tool in your journey than this mysterious pokemon you encounter or discover... Not sure how I feel about that.. I mean, at least they can't be boxed away and they have purpose beyond story.
Maybe there is a single legendary that hasn't been discussed yet that fills that normal role of a destined encounter or an unguided stumbled upon discovery?

Fidough is pretty cute and I think it will have an interesting evolution. For how small it is, I wonder if it will evolve twice.

Some of the overworld pokemon look a little stiff, but most look pretty good.

I am glad there is co-op, I just hope it is better than what was in swsh.

The terrestrialize is interesting. I am not sure how I feel about the terra types. I suppose it is ok. I feel like the whole thing is better than the giganta Dynamax but I liked how the Gigantamax had nice form alot like they Megaevolution did. I think Quaxly looks the best of the starters in terrestrialize form. I would still want to know more about the starters, like what they turn into.

Last edited:
SO HYPE!!!!! PALDEA! THE REGION IS PALDEA!

I can't even begin to say how hyped I am for this game now.

Just a few thoughts:
-I'm glad I'm picking Miraidon. Love its animations
-Co-op is actually pretty cool. The multiplayer is more immersive now
- Raid battles have improved
- Ice Type gym leader is from the leaks
-Cetitan is sort of ugly so I'm not sure about it
- Fidough is cute, perhaps a Fairy type
- Paldean Wooper is a Poison type
-I love the school theme but Im really hoping to chamge out of rhe uniform whem not in class
-Terastal reminds me of the Unovan type gems from Gen 5, it will probably be related to the third legend if there is one
-TeamPenny

I needed this trailer. I'm so hyped right now and I love it

I watched the Presents and I am glad we got new information about them. I think it’s a good amount that doesn’t like a huge overload. Anyways, I’m so glad that the Deerling and Skiddo line are returning. Those were far overdue to appear in new main series games. The name is finally revealed and is now just the second one to not have exactly five letters in it (as far as true main series regions go). The shared two syllables of the box-art legends’ names don’t lie as we can definitely ride on them, and I like the variety of transportation shown. The new characters are cool (also, continuing the plant name traditions used with certain characters in the series, which isn’t necessarily new but I want to point out because I don’t think anybody caught this, Nemona appears to be derived from the “Anemone” genus of flowering plants, commonly known as wildflowers. If anyone can point this out with the names of any of the newly revealed characters, then I will be glad), Penny to me looks like a certain someone from My Hero Academia, the idea of three storylines is phenomenal, and the new gimmick doesn’t appear to be busted like Z-Moves or Dynamax. Finally the new Pokémon. I appreciate that regional variants are returning, especially with a new form of Wooper, Fidough is a fun pun name, and Cetitan seems to be a good installment to the ever-growing amount.
With that all said, I wasn’t disappointed with the reveal. It felt bigger than the previous two while also not being too much at once.

I think the presents was okay. I haven't been keeping up with the leaks so most of what they showed was a pleasant surprise. Sure the graphics look kinda meh, but I can forgive that as long as the game's fun to play :d

The only thing that got me worried is when they revealed that online raids are coming back. I HATED those. They're even worse when you play on your own. I'll never forget all the times I was forced to tolerate the stupid AI trainers that spam useless moves and actively try to sabotage you (ex: using water type moves against a boss with water absorb).

Pokémon has always been a game focused on player interaction, with trading, battling etc... even still I really hope that the raids won't play as big a part as they did in Swsh. I won't have friends to do them with. And I don't like being forced to choose between strangers or awful AI teammates. They are just Not. Fun.

The Paldea region map artwork looks pretty cool. The center looks ominous though. The top right might be DLC because its hidden in clouds.
world-map-2x.jpg

We also got our first version exclusives. I'm sure there will be more than just these.
20220803_094046.jpg

Last edited:
Just watched the present and I loved it! One thing I was on the lookout for and of course this is just me, was the character customization. It looks pretty decent. I was also shocked we get the legendaries so fast. Overall, I still think the games look good. ^-^

So we all had a feeling Koraidon and Miraidon were going to be rideable mons across the land, but seeing them in action now........idk why but it looks a bit silly 😅 It's still an amazing idea to have vehicle mons! ....But watching a school kid riding around on the back of a super powerful Legendary being (and from what it looks like based on the trailer, right from the get-go?) will take some time getting used to, for sure. Especially multiplayer where you have 4 of these things on the same screen haha) but man does it look fun! The sprawling landscape and that one scene where they show your player atop a tall tower just screamed BotW, I'm sorry if people are tired of seeing that reference being made to most open-world games nowadays...but it's undeniable that most open-world games nowadays ARE trying to imitate the BotW look and feel. Not that that's a bad thing imo, but they make it so obvious sometimes lol

So Paldean Wooper......that scene just instantly made me think of Crimson Mirelands from PLA and the Dragon Bone Mire from BotW. I'm loving it! Wooper and Quaqsire finally make a comeback (and poison type?? That's already love right there) Along with Mareep, Deerling and Sawsbuck omg FINALLY!! Those are some of my fave Gen 5 mons and immediately reminded me how much I love seasons in BW/BW2 and it looks as though seasons are coming back!

The game version exclusives already make me glad I'm getting Scarlet. Larvitar alone is a good enough reason 🥰

My thoughts on the new mons showed in the trailer:
  • Fidough - already love its name (I'm crazy about wordplay and puns) and its design is really cute, like a super soft and squishy plush.
  • Cetitan - Togekiss but with spikes! haha but really, its design looks to be based on a whale. It looks interesting nonetheless. I like that it's a pure Ice type, not enough of those.
As for the new gimmick..... I'm not sure how to feel about that just yet so I'll just give it some time to stew in my head.

Graphics look a little iffy, surprising no one, but there looks to be legit effort put into these games this time. That's something that's been missing in the latest Pokemon games imo. Still holding off until it's released and I read reviews but I'm hoping it'll be a good one.

i missed the direct cause im at work but i watched the trailer. no evolutions shown yet? probably closer to release we'll see them.
game overall looks really bizarre. i'm not sure if i want to preorder it or not- i buy every pokemon game but i really dont like the open world in sw/sh and i'm afraid this will be too samey?

i didn't get to listen to the audio in the trailer, did they say if the game has any voice acting? just cause of that disclaimer in the front.

Sleep deprived moderately organized thoughts:

Positives: New pokemon continue to be fun. Cetitan is my favourite out of all the new pokemon so far & I will throw hands with the haters. Gym leader/NPC designs are top notch. I love the way they did the type switch gimmick. The somewhat gaudy crystal look reminds me a lot of those crystal stickers that were all the rage in the 2000s.

Neutral: Koraidon/Miraidon ride forms. I really liked Miraidon more before this trailer but I have to say Koraidons animations have a lot more personality. Going to be a bummer I have weigh if I like the ride forms vs. final forms more when picking which game to get.

Negatives: As a solo player who doesn't like open world games I'm slightly worried? My enjoyment will probably depend a lot on how they implement the whole open world aspect and how forced multiplayer is. Open world wise Legends Arceus was decent for me but something like Breath of the Wild had me quit playing after 30 minutes due to not having a good time with it. The story seemingly not being linear is also a big red flag for my personal enjoyment since that tends to make me get overwhelmed.

Over all a mixed bag for me, but I'll still probably buy the game.

Still not sure how I feel about this game, to be honest. I really, really hate the idea of being at a school in the storyline considering that, as a child, the main appeal of Pokemon was avoiding school. Brings back a lot of bad memories for me, even now. Graphics still look meh, but that's expected at this point. New Wooper looks cute.

The open world looks good though! Gimmick looks very... Marketable, haha. Not my cup of tea, personally. I'm also a little bit cautious at how often they showed the human NPCs, because I really don't care about the storyline in these games, and I'd hate for it to end up like Sw/Sh - constant hand holding and talking all the way through. Let me catch my fantasy monsters and train them in relative peace, thank you.
The only thing that got me worried is when they revealed that online raids are coming back. I HATED those. They're even worse when you play on your own. I'll never forget all the times I was forced to tolerate the stupid AI trainers that spam useless moves and actively try to sabotage you (ex: using water type moves against a boss with water absorb).
This is my concern, too. Pokemon is the only game series (that I know of) that actively punishes you for not having friends to play with. Other games I play at least allow the AI to be competent enough that they don't try to use ice against fire.

Back