• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Pokémon Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet General Discussion

So with these legendaries, do we somehow get them at the beginning rather than the end? Does that mean there's some other legendary we'll be facing at the end instead?

So with these legendaries, do we somehow get them at the beginning rather than the end? Does that mean there's some other legendary we'll be facing at the end instead?
I was also wondering that because if we have them immediatly wouldn't it be a bit broken? Or maybe we can't use them in fights? But that'd be frustrating and weird. I suppose we'll get them once distances between cities or "biomes" strat to get a bit too long.

I was also wondering that because if we have them immediatly wouldn't it be a bit broken? Or maybe we can't use them in fights? But that'd be frustrating and weird. I suppose we'll get them once distances between cities or "biomes" strat to get a bit too long.
From watching the trailer, there did seem to be a cutscene where the legendaries finally joining a battle or something, so I am believing we can't use them right away to fight, but we do get the right away for travel purposes.

I am 100% using the new Wooper form. The entire evolutionary line is one of my favorites. It’s also cool to have the first poison/ground type since Gen 1.

The new crystal Pokemon feature is certainly more interesting than Gigantimax. I imagine it’s not too hard on the Switch hardware since the forms have a lower polygon count.

So this a hypothesis but I think we follow each of our three rivals in three separate storylines. The trailer said we can do each storyline in any order. Nemona is the Gym Challenge/Terastal "storyline". Arven is the Pokemon Lore/Exploration rival since he isnt very good with battles but prefers the outdoors. Penny, who is a delinquent for missing classes and doesnt wear the school uniform is likely tied to the villainous team storyline. In theory, you could do the gym challenge, become Champion and still not fully explore the game's lore or defeat the evil team. I think to finally "beat" the game you have to complete all 3 storylines.

So this a hypothesis but I think we follow each of our three rivals in three separate storylines. The trailer said we can do each storyline in any order. Nemona is the Gym Challenge/Terastal "storyline". Arven is the Pokemon Lore/Exploration rival since he isnt very good with battles but prefers the outdoors. Penny, who is a delinquent for missing classes and doesnt wear the school uniform is likely tied to the villainous team storyline. In theory, you could do the gym challenge, become Champion and still not fully explore the game's lore or defeat the evil team. I think to finally "beat" the game you have to complete all 3 storylines.
Can you follow all three story lines without starting the game over? (i'd hope?)

Can you follow all three story lines without starting the game over? (i'd hope?)
I think you can do all 3 at the same time if you want. I was just saying that if you wanted to do a storyline before the other 2 then it would be possible. I know plenty of players that defeat all 8 gym leaders and become champion to get to the postgame so thats why I used it as an example. That was the status quo game over... but not this time around.

If anyone is confused how Terastalizing works here is a guide

FZR5UNwWYAEGpLR.jpeg

Competitive will be insane if thats your thing. I'm really hoping Tera Raids work out well.

I actually like the look of the new games just a little disappointed because the Crystal feature was a bit like dynamaxing like from Pokemon Switch and Shield because there’s raids in the new games too.

But I really like the new Pokemon. I just hope the Pokemon in the new games don’t chase and attack you like in legends arceus then I’ll be happy :)

If anyone is confused how Terastalizing works here is a guide

View attachment 450454

Competitive will be insane if thats your thing. I'm really hoping Tera Raids work out well.
I really like how this somehow replaces hidden power, if they decide to carry on with its deletion in S/V. This will be fun and interesting for strategy, I'm really looking forward to it! It also doesn't seem as broken as Dynamax was.

EDIT: Nevermind it doesn't replace hidden power at all since it seems like the Pokémon needs so know a move of the Terastilized type to be useful.

I really like how this somehow replaces hidden power, if they decide to carry on with its deletion in S/V. This will be fun and interesting for strategy, I'm really looking forward to it! It also doesn't seem as broken as Dynamax was.

EDIT: Nevermind it doesn't replace hidden power at all since it seems like the Pokémon needs so know a move of the Terastilized type to be useful.
Exactly, a Pikachu with Water Tera type needs to know a Water-type move such as Surf in order to terastalize. I'm sure we will be able to learn each of our Pokémon's Tera type. I can also believe that the movepool Pokémon can learn will also be expanded. Magnemite can't learn any Fire or Ice type moves as of Gen8 but I'm sure in ScarVio there will be moves of those types so a Magnemite Fire Tera and Magnemite Ice Tera can use those types of moves in order to terastalize.

I was thinking a lot about the center of Paldea
Polish_20220807_121122753.jpg

You know...that giant cyclone in the middle of the region? If we compare the real world map of Spain it should be where Madrid is located. After listening to some YTers thoughts on it, I realize that it may indeed be the region that Kalos fought. AZ using the Ultimate Weapon on a region we go to in the future is pretty neat and I doubt GF would worldbuild to that extent but its a really nice theory. The Ultimate Weapon also happens to be a giant crystal something and the gimmick has to do with crystals to so its not a totally bad theory.

We have our first genderless starter!
View attachment 451386

Edit: Nevermind.. the pre-release shot shows Fuecoco leveling up so the gender may be hidden. On a sidenote...I really hope that
breeding with a daycare center returns. If there isnt a daycare then breeding needs to be reworked to be more streamlined and easier to use.

Last edited:
Very excited for this next gen, especially if they include some of the features from Legends Arceus and Sword/Shield. As for my starters, I'm gonna go off what the final evolution looks like. I'll be going for Violet probably cause I love the look of the box legendary, however, the using them as bikes is a bit odd to me personally. Like they hinted at using pokemon for transportation (other than using moves, like fly) in Sword and Shield's DLC Crown Tundra, and then more so in Legends Arceus. I love the riding mechanic in Arceus, but I feel like legendaries should be more than just being used for transportation, they're legendaries, I don't want them to be a taxi or something. I'm also stoked about seeing some of my favourites from previous gens being back, like Misdreavus, I just hope my favourite pokemon is in, which is Gardevoir :D

I know the trailer gave a lot of information but now I'm wanting more...less than 3 months away and I can't contain myself! I love that Houndoom is in and number 25 in the Pokedex (meaning you can catch it near Mesagoza). The Pokedex has also improved. It being a library and the pages like books is a neat aesthetic.

I just hope my favourite pokemon is in, which is Gardevoir :D
Gardevoir is in 😀 There was a raid battle against a Water-tera one.

I honestly love the fact that we can ride Koraidon and Miraidon. It almost feels like How to Train Your Dragon in that you have to bond to gain trust of your legend rather than the mandatory end of the game catch like in the previous generations.

Oh my god I cannot wait for fidough, he’s just too cute 😌

Also I’ve def been liking most of the things they’ve added in this game so far, with my only complaint being the ringpop hats on the new pokemon forms 💀

Be on the lookout at Worlds! Before a new game the TPCI sometimes introduces new content at the Worlds tournament. Who knows what they might reveal this time. There may be new gameplay or even a new Pokémon reveal!

As we wait for the closing ceremony, I want to share a couple things regarding Paldean Wooper and Cetitan:
-To me, I think Pakdean Wooper might be based on the Iberian ribbed newt. If you look at its design, you’ll notice its body marking resembling the ribs that this salamander species uses to inject at predators. The newt also sports toxic skin, which adds to the form’s Poison type, and to top it all off, the Iberian ribbed newt is native to the Iberian peninsula, the likely inspiration behind the Paldea region. As it is a base form, I would expect the evolution to have some sort of “rib-injecting” design to it; which I think would be cool.
-Cetitan is a rather deep Pokémon despite its goofy looking appearance. Lockstin & Gnoggin already have covered a video explaining it, and there is a LOT to talk about. In short, though, it appears to take inspiration from belugas and bowhead whales as well as narwhals and the whaling industry (which has since declined in more recent years) plays a role with it appearing in a region taking inspiration from the Iberian Peninsula with how prized narwhal tusks (referred to as unicorn horns) were in the past. There is a lot more than this though, and that is all explained in the video below.

Back