• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Pokémon Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet General Discussion

YouTube Short of Alola released today!
Next week should be Galar!
The week after...hopefully we'll have our region name!

How do we know that is confirmed?

If I recall correctly, Snek confirmed that in one of their last posts. I don't remember where they got the information from, but they can probably tell you. I'm like 99% sure it's legitimate though because when I Googled it just now it said "Mediterranean Spain," so yeah.

How do we know that is confirmed?
If you saw the first trailer then you'll notice part of the area map that is hanging on the wall. Its only the left side but it fits with the shape of Portugal. Also in the first trailer is a building very similar to the La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona.

There is also too much Spanish inspired naming to be ignored.

Pokemon
1. Sprigatito - gatito = kitten.
2. Fuecoco - fuego = fire, cocodrilo = crocodile, fue/se fue = depart
3. Lechonk - lechon = piglet
4. Smoliv. Based on an olive, commonly used in Mediterranean cooking

Characters
Professor Turo - futuro = future
Professor Sada - pasada = past

We don't have the full map yet, but knowing GF and how they love to put references of the real world location into the games, its pretty much confirmed Iberia to be the inspiration. It also fits nicely with the open world and exploration, the Portuguese and Spaniards were known for exploring, etc. There are also Western inspired ships that are wrecked in the Cobalt Coastlands in PLA that are surrounded by red and purple flowers. GF loves making references so much that they cant help themselves.

If you saw the first trailer then you'll notice part of the area map that is hanging on the wall. Its only the left side but it fits with the shape of Portugal. Also in the first trailer is a building very similar to the La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona.

There is also too much Spanish inspired naming to be ignored.

Pokemon
1. Sprigatito - gatito = kitten.
2. Fuecoco - fuego = fire, cocodrilo = crocodile, fue/se fue = depart
3. Lechonk - lechon = piglet
4. Smoliv. Based on an olive, commonly used in Mediterranean cooking

Characters
Professor Turo - futuro = future
Professor Sada - pasada = past

We don't have the full map yet, but knowing GF and how they love to put references of the real world location into the games, its pretty much confirmed Iberia to be the inspiration. It also fits nicely with the open world and exploration, the Portuguese and Spaniards were known for exploring, etc. There are also Western inspired ships that are wrecked in the Cobalt Coastlands in PLA that are surrounded by red and purple flowers. GF loves making references so much that they cant help themselves.
You’re right on everything, but that doesn’t automatically mean true confirmation. We need officials to confirm this.
Meanwhile, I need to know plants with “Sada” and “Turo” in their names.

You’re right on everything, but that doesn’t automatically mean true confirmation. We need officials to confirm this.
Meanwhile, I need to know plants with “Sada” and “Turo” in their names.

Yeah, you're right about that. It's not official yet. It's just a very educated guess. My guess is it probably won't be revealed until after the region name is revealed, or when the region name is revealed, but we'll see.

It's funny because I was having this same discussion for Genshin Impact the other day, mainly trying to decipher what animal Xiao would be in his true adeptus form. Everyone kept telling me he's a Peng bird in his true form, but it hasn't been revealed yet in-game, so I didn't believe them at first. :LOL:

I gotta feelin' that the next trailer is coming out soon. The 3rd trailer for Sword and Shield (revealing Gigantamax) was released on the 8th. I think today is a holiday in Japan so it might come out tomorrow like the year before.

I don't know who is behind the ScarVio marketing but they need to be replaced. All of them. Just four months away from release and we know less about the game than we did for Swish. No evil team reveal, no gimmick reveal, not even a region name! Its just unacceptable.

I don't know who is behind the ScarVio marketing but they need to be replaced. All of them. Just four months away from release and we know less about the game than we did for Swish. No evil team reveal, no gimmick reveal, not even a region name! Its just unacceptable.
I wonder if it is because there was a lack of directs in June, something we always got in the past due to E3. I'm not sure why Nintendo skipped those kind of announcements while other companies did not but I hope to hear something about thier games in general toward the end of July.

I wonder if it will be like legends arceus…where Pokemon follow and attack you so you have too dodge
I think they saw the success of Legends and maybe decided to add several gameplay mechanics into ScarVio. Letsgo catching is in (Smoliv in 2nd trailer) so maybe theyre making final adjustments for the game. Still, they could at least give us a trailer, especially for those that are still on the fence for buying the game.

I think they saw the success of Legends and maybe decided to add several gameplay mechanics into ScarVio. Letsgo catching is in (Smoliv in 2nd trailer) so maybe theyre making final adjustments for the game. Still, they could at least give us a trailer, especially for those that are still on the fence for buying the game.
Idk 🤷‍♀️ guess we’ll find out when it comes out

Apparently there are photos of the gym leaders and their typings floating around. My recommendation is to wait for the third trailer (hopefully this week) before confirming that they are real.

Its been confirmed that the region is inspired by the Iberian peninsula (Spain and Portugal)
I was born in Portugal so I'm curious to play this game as see if as a portuguese I can identify the portuguese inspired places and pokemon. Even though I'm sure this game will be 98% Spain even if they tell you otherwise All the pokemon names are spanish in name and from the trailer I have only seen one portuguese location and that's the "praça do comércio" in Lisbon. I would had preferred they did a game only for Spain and maybe in the future they would do for Portugal but oh well.
The theme is the past vs future and how that relates to the iberia peninsula or not is anyone guess. If I had to guess the theme could relate to Portugal and Spain historical "pride" of their past and the idea of the "the good old times when we were influential in the world" even if not for best reasons. I can relate it more to Spain since they have a king still and the bull fights and hold on to old customs. Portugal sadly still has bull fights but doesn't have a king anymore and has accepted change (the future) more easily compared to Spain. So I feel this game is really more inspired in Spain but you could also take this themes and apply them to Portugal in a way.
I hope the two schools are in part inspired by the Portugal vs Spain thing since Portugal and Spain have a best friend rivalry thing going on between them and it does remind me of the MC vs rival situation present in pokemon games.

I keep forgetting that these games are coming out because there's been so little information! I hope we find out more soon, because from what we know so far, I'm really excited! I was super impressed by Legends Arceus, so I'm hoping for another good game after the very meh SwSh and BDSP. I'm also really excited to see the differences in the two versions, because it seems as if one is future and one is past. I think I'll be going with Scarlet, especially since my husband wants Violet. Not sure on starter yet, though; I always have to see the final evolutions before making my choice. But so far, I'm leaning toward Sprigatito. I love cats and grass types, so my fingers are crossed for a good final evolution.

Oh dear Arceus...the leaks keep coming. If these leaks are real, I'd say the Pokemon Company marketing team deserved the mess it created. They should have known better to create an information drought for this long.

Oh dear Arceus...the leaks keep coming. If these leaks are real, I'd say the Pokemon Company marketing team deserved the mess it created. They should have known better to create an information drought for this long.
At least don’t mention any information within the leaks; I am sure that can ruin people’s lives. A leak for SwSh from May of 2019 was super accurate to what we got in the game. The only wrong thing was the discussion of what Scorbunny’s final form became; the leak said it would remain “pure fighter” but I believe that was just an unintentional typo that formed from a portmanteau of combining the types “Fighting” and “Fire”. I will tell you, I’m going to ignore any videos that go over rumors or leaks about the game. I remember doing that back in 2019 back when I subscribed to HDvee, who kept doing videos covering SwSh leaks. I’m glad I no longer follow him because I have learned that it’s best not to know everything about a game that may or may not be true and have the features surprise you instead.

Back