Pokémon Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet General Discussion

I hate the ones you need to go to a store for. In the UK, it's usually Smyths Toys or Game. There are no local Smyths stores for me, and the local Game closed a couple of years back. I've missed out on a few of them because I've plain forgotten to make a special journey just to obtain a sheet of paper with a printed code on it. I can't imagine wasting a trip for.... this.

I was already hugely disappointed with the flying tera Pikachu as it was when I realized you could just catch it in-game anyway. I hope this isn't what this entire gen is going to be for the rest of the events - generic Pokemon with a specific tera type.

The official Pokemon Scarlet and Violet website updated. Everything is Lechonk. The Gamestop Lechonk is probably an April Fools event with Lechonk. Seems odd to me since the games need more fixing.

Well, this explains why I was seeing Lechonk everywhere. Kind of over it, admittedly.

Next 5 Star Tera Raid is Ditto
dittoraids.jpg

For all you breeders these Dittos will have at LEAST 5 max IVs and will come with various Tera Shards. It will run from April 7- April 9

The Ditto raids have already started along with the last chance to get Samurott. I'm passing on both because I'm patient and that the Blissey raids are the best. You get so many L & XL Exp. Candies as well as various Tera Shards and Blissey is extremely easy to deal with so there's no wasted time. I think I'll connect online again once a mon like Chesnaught or Delphox are available.

Next 7 Star raid is unsurprisingly Typhlosion with a Ghost tera type. It runs on April 14-16 and again on April 21-23.
typhlosionraids.jpg

That should conclude the Hisui starters. Hopefully we'll be more surprised next time.

Have the raids become more glitched lately, or is it just me?

I (finally) downloaded the update, and decided to have a few raid battles while I was there. But they felt nearly impossible. We had proper raid setups. The game would just soft lock for a good 5-10 seconds and no one could make any movements and the boss would just sit/float there, but the timer would keep going down. This happened on multiple raids. On one of them, the timer inexplicably went from about 20% to 0% in less than a second, even though it had otherwise been working just fine. In others, the game would just randomly remove the 'select opponent' screen so I'd have to press it all over again. Did this update break them more or something?

Have the raids become more glitched lately, or is it just me?
I don't know, but I took a break from raiding and then did a few with my best friend the other night. It just feels so, so, so nasty when you can go almost a full 60 seconds without being able to move because the boss does 3-4 different skills, with tons of lag between it all, and then the UI vanishes before you can click a move, etc. etc. etc.

I really do enjoy raiding mostly, but when I can walk away and come back and not have wasted any moves or time, it's just ridiculous. lol

I miss the Dynamax raid style. Sure the solo partners sucked but at least you didn't feel cheated.

Well I pretty much haven’t touched the game after finishing the story, postgame and gen 9 living Dex (I look forward to Home compatibility so I can move them in with the rest of my collection). Though the 7 star raids do have me popping back on for a battle or two which is nice. My Scream Tail is such an MVP during raids by playing purely support.

I hope the DLC will be interesting enough to bring me back to the game properly for more than just a couple days. Guess time will tell.

Changing the subject a little. Does anyone think that we might be able to evolve mons like Ursaring and Scyther in Kitakami? Yes...they were introduced in Legends but...Ursaluna, Kleavor and Wyrdeer aren't technically Hisuian forms. They are cross gen evos with items and moves only found in the Legend games. Heck maybe the reason why the Hisuian starters are in these raids is because we can evolve them in the Teal Mask DLC

Changing the subject a little. Does anyone think that we might be able to evolve mons like Ursaring and Scyther in Kitakami? Yes...they were introduced in Legends but...Ursaluna, Kleavor and Wyrdeer aren't technically Hisuian forms. They are cross gen evos with items and moves only found in the Legend games. Heck maybe the reason why the Hisuian starters are in these raids is because we can evolve them in the Teal Mask DLC
I wouldn't be too surprised, but I would wonder how they'd do Wyrdeer if so, unless the DLC temporarily unlocks the Strong/Agile moves. Or maybe they'd change it entirely. That's why I don't care for these random evolution methods - many of them become obsolete down the line.

I guess it mostly depends on long-term sales - allowing them to evolve in the DLC might mean less future sales of Arceus, and TPC seem very stingy as of late.

Maybe Wyrdeer would rely on crits instead? Critical hits are basically strong style moves without the strong style...

I wouldn't be too surprised, but I would wonder how they'd do Wyrdeer if so, unless the DLC temporarily unlocks the Strong/Agile moves. Or maybe they'd change it entirely. That's why I don't care for these random evolution methods - many of them become obsolete down the line.

I guess it mostly depends on long-term sales - allowing them to evolve in the DLC might mean less future sales of Arceus, and TPC seem very stingy as of late.
Primeape evolves into Annihilape when using Rage Fist 20 times. They could just retcon the moves to just 20 times and a move tutor in Kitakami would teach Stantlers Psyshield Bash. I find it strange that all the mons with Hisuian forms or cross gen evos are present in S/V. Its gen 9 now and they wouldn't put them into the game just for us to evolve them in a game from a previous gen. Kitakami fits with old Japan theme perfectly.

TPC is stingy but only with the game development. They need players to get the DLCs and putting Hisuian forms in is a good way to market them. Legends has its own uniqueness that it will continue to sell. Leaving mons like Origin Form Dialga/Palkia, Enamorus and Legend Plate Arceus in the game is good enough to not drop sales.

Look what we have in the new anime
download (10).jpeg

Do we have a new Cosmog? Or is just another baby Lugia situation?

Thoughts?

The official Pokemon Scarlet and Violet website updated. Everything is Lechonk. The Gamestop Lechonk is probably an April Fools event with Lechonk. Seems odd to me since the games need more fixing.
I got the Lechonk from GameStop and I found out why it’s special. It has Thick Fat as its Ability. And a marking on it too.

Nothing specifically about Scarlet/Violet but it pertains to them too, and in the newer generations as a whole. I was just thinking to myself the other day how OP the Fairy type during my ongoing playthrough of Omega Ruby. Sure, it was cute back in X and Y when they first introduced it, but now I think it's just unfair to dragons lol When I go back and play older games such as HeartGold, Emerald and the like, it's always a satisfying challenge taking on dragons without a typing that completely makes their moves ineffective. Nowadays you go up against a Salamence or Garchomp, all you need to do is just bring out something like Sylveon or Togekiss and you've basically won. It's all over at that point.

Besides the obvious Dragon type being weak to itself, you could also hit them with ice, yes, but that got me thinking as well: why is dragon weak to ice in the first place? Who really brings out an actual ice mon against something as powerful as a dragon (I mean, if you do, kudos lol) that can learn moves like Flamethrower and Stone Edge when ice is so fragile? Just teach your water mon Ice Beam, Ice Fang, etc. and you're fine (unless Dragonite over there knows Thunder Punch lol) I understand that we players, the Trainers, can fight battles and raise Pokémon however way we want, that's always fun, but I don't know man, I kind of miss struggling against dragons. It feels so good beating Gym Leader Clair's bulky ass Kingdra after so many Hyper Beams to the face, makes it feel like you truly earned that win when you use strategy instead of just switching in to your Water/Fairy Azumarill and playing rough with it haha makes humiliating Clair all the more satisfying.

Honestly, I feel like Fairy was added as an answer to Hydreigon and only Hydreigon. The Sylveon promotional art says it all. Go back and fight Ghetsis in BW/BW2 and suddenly you'll wish you had that Azumarill on your team.

Instead of being flat out immune to Dragon, the Fairy type should've just resisted it. I say this because the only other type that resists Dragon is Steel, meanwhile Poison, Steel and Fire resists Fairy. I promise this is not hate speech against the Fairy type lol I think it's a really nice, surprisingly tanky type, but completely immune to Dragon? Come on..... 😅

Nothing specifically about Scarlet/Violet but it pertains to them too, and in the newer generations as a whole. I was just thinking to myself the other day how OP the Fairy type during my ongoing playthrough of Omega Ruby. Sure, it was cute back in X and Y when they first introduced it, but now I think it's just unfair to dragons lol When I go back and play older games such as HeartGold, Emerald and the like, it's always a satisfying challenge taking on dragons without a typing that completely makes their moves ineffective. Nowadays you go up against a Salamence or Garchomp, all you need to do is just bring out something like Sylveon or Togekiss and you've basically won. It's all over at that point.

Besides the obvious Dragon type being weak to itself, you could also hit them with ice, yes, but that got me thinking as well: why is dragon weak to ice in the first place? Who really brings out an actual ice mon against something as powerful as a dragon (I mean, if you do, kudos lol) that can learn moves like Flamethrower and Stone Edge when ice is so fragile? Just teach your water mon Ice Beam, Ice Fang, etc. and you're fine (unless Dragonite over there knows Thunder Punch lol) I understand that we players, the Trainers, can fight battles and raise Pokémon however way we want, that's always fun, but I don't know man, I kind of miss struggling against dragons. It feels so good beating Gym Leader Clair's bulky ass Kingdra after so many Hyper Beams to the face, makes it feel like you truly earned that win when you use strategy instead of just switching in to your Water/Fairy Azumarill and playing rough with it haha makes humiliating Clair all the more satisfying.

Honestly, I feel like Fairy was added as an answer to Hydreigon and only Hydreigon. The Sylveon promotional art says it all. Go back and fight Ghetsis in BW/BW2 and suddenly you'll wish you had that Azumarill on your team.

Instead of being flat out immune to Dragon, the Fairy type should've just resisted it. I say this because the only other type that resists Dragon is Steel, meanwhile Poison, Steel and Fire resists Fairy. I promise this is not hate speech against the Fairy type lol I think it's a really nice, surprisingly tanky type, but completely immune to Dragon? Come on..... 😅
Fairy is a pretty OP typing. Instead of balancing the type chart, GF added a new type. Adding a new type wasn't going to hurt Dragons anyway because the problem with Dragons has always been that most Dragon types have high BST. The problem in Gen 5 (as well as weather wars) was the high amount of legends all typed Dragon and Outrage spam. Look at Druddigon. Its terrible. Now look at Hydreigon, Garchomp, Salamence, Zekrom, White Kyurem, Roaring Moon, Mega Rayquaza, etc. Fairy was a temporary solution to a problem that was bigger than the Dragon typing. If anything the Fairy type hurt Psychic types the most. It hurt Psychic because the one thing Psychic had it right was its supereffectiveness against Fighting. Fairy does everything Psychic does, but better. I think they're done adding types but a retconned type chart is something that I can support them doing. Maybe adding to the BST of more Fairy types too. A Fairy/Ground pseudo legend would wreck teams. Its probably a reason a mon doesnt have that type combo right now (or maybe ever).

More along the lines of ScarVio. I'm really hoping that they drop more DLC info. The new Terapagos baby in the anime is making me interested. A teensy weensy drop of info is all I'm asking but I'm afraid it will be like the ScarVio pre-release marketing all over again.

Well Spiritomb needed to be stopped somehow as pre Gen VI, it took forever just to KO one In battle unless you had a level 100 Legendary or Mythical which could take it out in two hits but that’s still quite a bit of time to do.

Back