Pokémon Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet General Discussion

I did it! Caught Walking Wake. It took me a couple tries to find good teammates, but we won. Raid Azumarill was actually really good for it because of Belly Drum and Play Rough, and the fact that it wouldn't take much damage from Walking Wake's attacks. Caught da boi in a Dive Ball. :giggle:

sSMgnml.png

j2onY3Z.png

ZDe63OS.png

KUwDEPK.png

rg3BVhi.png

Miaut9M.png

EDIT: Got Iron Leaves as well now.

Gxp0pqu.png

jorvs1t.png

jR69ij5.png

Tlke9J0.png

c7fZUta.png

KfdvuF5.png

Last edited:
Finally got HOME news!

Confirmed by Serebii via Serebii.net:

"It has been confirmed that the Pokémon HOME patch that will add Pokémon Scarlet & Violet connectivity on May 24th at 01:00 UTC. With this, you'll be able to send Pokémon to and from the two apps, as well as send in Pokémon from prior games. When you do so, you will be getting special Hidden Ability Sprigatito, Fuecoco and Quaxly.

You'll be able to put in Pokémon back from Scarlet & Violet into Sword, Shield, Legends Arceus or BDSP if they exist in that game.
The Nintendo Switch version will also add a new Move Relearner which will allow you to relearn moves of a Pokémon through the app. This allows them to learn moves from a list of moves it has learned up to that point, limited to moves that can be learned in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield, Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl (some moves excluded), Pokémon Legends: Arceus, and Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet.
You'll also be able to exchange Home Points into League Points

You will also be able to tab between the games your Pokémon has data for in Pokémon HOME on the fly without needing them to be the latest game deposited. This can be done on both HOME on Mobile, or on Switch but only if you connect to your Pokémon HOME without a specific game selected"

The official post here:
View attachment 494833

So happy that we are FINALLY getting the update! I've only got three spare spaces on HOME right now and I'm kinda tired of having to swap only a few at a time because of space.
I love the backwards compatibility! No wonder it took so long.

Gotta be honest I am not into the DLC for Scarlet and Violet. I was at first but something about it just isn't grabbing me. Maybe its the pricing or maybe its just more post game content.

Gotta be honest I am not into the DLC for Scarlet and Violet. I was at first but something about it just isn't grabbing me. Maybe its the pricing or maybe its just more post game content.

Maybe because the main product is subpar in terms of technical quality and instead of fixing any bugs/performance issues they instead already try to double-dip with DLC?! ;-)

Maybe because the main product is subpar in terms of technical quality and instead of fixing any bugs/performance issues they instead already try to double-dip with DLC?! ;-)
I booted up Scarlet and Violet recently and my goodness it still looks bad and the framerate is still sluggish.

Uh oh...be careful with the new paradox raids. The image below was taken from a Scarlet user who experienced this glitch which caused the game to crash. It seems the game is trying to find TM material but couldn't find any...

Edit: The event is cancelled! So there are no 5 star event raids for now
Fwc00GdXoAEhYtH.jpeg

If you want to raid the Chesnaught raids, they are live again. I'll be holding out until the 24th.

Last edited:
Uh oh...be careful with the new paradox raids. The image below was taken from a Scarlet user who experienced this glitch which caused the game to crash. It seems the game is trying to find TM material but couldn't find any...
View attachment 494876

If you want to raid the Chesnaught raids are live again. I'll be holding out until the 24th.

Is the issue happening in the Chesnaught raids too or no (this may be a dumb question)?

View attachment 494876

If you want to raid the Chesnaught raids are live again. I'll be holding out until the 24th.

This is what I mean :-D
This game is just one big middle-finger to old-time fans of the series.
I'm happy I stayed far away from these 2 entries to see how technical sound they were (and wait for them to get fixed) but sadly it doesn't look like they will at all.

View attachment 494876

I tried to get one of those raids last night, couldn't find any even though the announcement said it was out. You'd think they would at least program the items you receive manually...

This is also my concern with HOME tbh. I want to immediately download and finally get some space in my boxes, but with how frequently they've been rolling out updates with game breaking bugs, I'm not sure if I want to risk it. I'm just hoping they've taken a long time for a good reason with that.

*edit for typo

Last edited:
I tried to get one of those raids last night, couldn't find any even though the announcement said it was out. You'd think they would at least program the items you receive manually...
They cancelled the event so they must have been aware of the bug. Honestly, all these rush jobs are degrading the value of the games. I'm reconsidering whether or not I want to get Gen 10 when it comes out

Yeah, I believe this is the first set of new Pokemon games that I've beat the game on and then kind of abandoned for awhile. The game would definitely have benefitted from not having graphical issues/bugs when it came out and if it was more polished, but alas.

Please Understand.

From Serebii.net:

"Following its reveal yesterday, The Pokémon Company International have confirmed that the date given for May 24th yesterday is erroneous and that the official release date has yet to be revealed. They promise it will come very soon and more information will come soon alongside the HOME maintenance period. We'll provide more details as they come."

Please Understand.

Please Understand.

From Serebii.net:

"Following its reveal yesterday, The Pokémon Company International have confirmed that the date given for May 24th yesterday is erroneous and that the official release date has yet to be revealed. They promise it will come very soon and more information will come soon alongside the HOME maintenance period. We'll provide more details as they come."

Please Understand.
Perfect response would be this:
1684538457980.png

Welp, back to lamenting over my lack of space. Like some others, I'm seriously reconsidering whether or not to buy Gen 10 when it's released. If they spent less time working out which Pokemon to make a $400 plushie of and more time actually working out how to let these games flourish without it affecting the merchandising department, this game might have been closer to Zelda's game in a lot of ways.

Back