Pokémon Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet General Discussion

Fairy is a pretty OP typing. Instead of balancing the type chart, GF added a new type. Adding a new type wasn't going to hurt Dragons anyway because the problem with Dragons has always been that most Dragon types have high BST. The problem in Gen 5 (as well as weather wars) was the high amount of legends all typed Dragon and Outrage spam. Look at Druddigon. Its terrible. Now look at Hydreigon, Garchomp, Salamence, Zekrom, White Kyurem, Roaring Moon, Mega Rayquaza, etc. Fairy was a temporary solution to a problem that was bigger than the Dragon typing. If anything the Fairy type hurt Psychic types the most. It hurt Psychic because the one thing Psychic had it right was its supereffectiveness against Fighting. Fairy does everything Psychic does, but better. I think they're done adding types but a retconned type chart is something that I can support them doing. Maybe adding to the BST of more Fairy types too. A Fairy/Ground pseudo legend would wreck teams. Its probably a reason a mon doesnt have that type combo right now (or maybe ever).

More along the lines of ScarVio. I'm really hoping that they drop more DLC info. The new Terapagos baby in the anime is making me interested. A teensy weensy drop of info is all I'm asking but I'm afraid it will be like the ScarVio pre-release marketing all over again.
It’s even more wild that with Mega evolutions and all the sun evolution gimmicks they’re doing now they could’ve simply said “______ type Pokémon has evolved and is no longer weak to ______ type” to fix the type chart. Instead they screwed it even more. Especially in regards to what you said about psychics.

Official art of anime baby Terapagos have been released.
terapagos_anime.jpg

I like it in this art compared to in the anime. What typing might Terapagos and its baby be?

Got my copy of Violet almost a week ago, been playing it for a bit. I won't say anything about glitches and performance issues, because everyone knows that this game is poorly optimized even if they live under a rock. I have just one simple question. What the heck is wrong this the shiny odds?? I already found 4 shinies by just running around areas. Like, don't get me wrong, I don't mind it, but finding a shiny literally 5 minutes later after finishing the "catching tutorial"? That just feels kinda...wrong... :'D

Got my copy of Violet almost a week ago, been playing it for a bit. I won't say anything about glitches and performance issues, because everyone knows that this game is poorly optimized even if they live under a rock. I have just one simple question. What the heck is wrong this the shiny odds?? I already found 4 shinies by just running around areas. Like, don't get me wrong, I don't mind it, but finding a shiny literally 5 minutes later after finishing the "catching tutorial"? That just feels kinda...wrong... :'D
4 Shinies? I’ve only found one in both games and that was just last week. Why is everyone else getting extra good luck finding multiples of them but all I get is one?

I’m working on building my shiny Goodra for the Typhlosion raids as I didn’t get a chance to build him last weekend.

Also hoping to take part in some Blissey raids as well considering the rewards. Glad they are getting a rerun as I missed them last time.

I’m working on building my shiny Goodra for the Typhlosion raids as I didn’t get a chance to build him last weekend.

Also hoping to take part in some Blissey raids as well considering the rewards. Glad they are getting a rerun as I missed them last time.
I'm glad the Blisseys are back. I haven't connected to the Internet since the last Blissey event so I'm already maxed out at 999 with most of my Tera Shards. Passing on Samurott doesnt really matter to me since I have Legends so I'm hoping to get easier Ability Patches with the Typhlosions now. The Walking Wake/Iron Leaves event repeats May 1 - May 14 so I'm hoping to get enough of the Blissey rewards before it starts.

Next 7 Star Raid is Ice tera Inteleon! It runs from April 28-30 and again from May 5-7
inteleonraids.jpg

On a side note...no Pokemon Home connectivity with ScarVio yet. Maybe once they're done with the Galar starters it'll be ready...

I've been wondering something about the special Pokemon we can get from the 7 star Tera raids. Do you change their Tera type to match their actual type (if you have enough Tera shards)? I've been thinking about whether I should try this or not but I'm not really into battling so I don't know if the special Pokemon have really good builds that I'd mess up by changing their Tera type. What do you more experienced battlers do?

The 7 star mons all come with their Hidden Abilities and perfect IVs. For now, they have been mostly starters. The Inteleon 7 star, for example, is an Ice tera. Ice is usually not a recommended Tera for non-Ice types. So, some of the type for these 7 star raids have been more thematic rather than applicable for battles (charizard close to a european dragon, samurott based on samurais and samurai have beetle influence, etc) You can use teras offensively or defensively depending on how you want to use it. If you want to change the tera of a 7 star mon you can do it.

I find it concerning how long its taking for Pokemon Home to update in order for the transfer to work with Scarlet and Violet.

The 7 star mons all come with their Hidden Abilities and perfect IVs. For now, they have been mostly starters. The Inteleon 7 star, for example, is an Ice tera. Ice is usually not a recommended Tera for non-Ice types. So, some of the type for these 7 star raids have been more thematic rather than applicable for battles (charizard close to a european dragon, samurott based on samurais and samurai have beetle influence, etc) You can use teras offensively or defensively depending on how you want to use it. If you want to change the tera of a 7 star mon you can do it.
Thank so much for the advice! I'm still thinking about if I want to change their Tera types but I'm relieved to know I won't be doing anything to lesen their build if I do.

Thank so much for the advice! I'm still thinking about if I want to change their Tera types but I'm relieved to know I won't be doing anything to lesen their build if I do.
Glad I can help! The only reason I can think of keeping the 7 star tera type is if its for the collector's value.

I find it concerning how long its taking for Pokemon Home to update in order for the transfer to work with Scarlet and Violet.
I understand the frustrations. Gamefreak isn't a small indie company anymore. I searched for a reason why and someone on reddit answered this.

"All video game announcements, if they use season language, refer to rigidly set financial quarters:
Q1: Winter (Jan-Mar)
Q2: Spring (April-June)
Q3: Summer (July-September)
Q4: Fall (Oct-Dec)"

If GF does go by the finanical quarters then it should be soon. However, I won't hold by it. GF has proven incompetent so it could be late May, June or even in Q3 until we get HOME support for S/V.

Fairy is a pretty OP typing. Instead of balancing the type chart, GF added a new type. Adding a new type wasn't going to hurt Dragons anyway because the problem with Dragons has always been that most Dragon types have high BST. The problem in Gen 5 (as well as weather wars) was the high amount of legends all typed Dragon and Outrage spam. Look at Druddigon. Its terrible. Now look at Hydreigon, Garchomp, Salamence, Zekrom, White Kyurem, Roaring Moon, Mega Rayquaza, etc. Fairy was a temporary solution to a problem that was bigger than the Dragon typing. If anything the Fairy type hurt Psychic types the most. It hurt Psychic because the one thing Psychic had it right was its supereffectiveness against Fighting. Fairy does everything Psychic does, but better. I think they're done adding types but a retconned type chart is something that I can support them doing. Maybe adding to the BST of more Fairy types too. A Fairy/Ground pseudo legend would wreck teams. Its probably a reason a mon doesnt have that type combo right now (or maybe ever).

More along the lines of ScarVio. I'm really hoping that they drop more DLC info. The new Terapagos baby in the anime is making me interested. A teensy weensy drop of info is all I'm asking but I'm afraid it will be like the ScarVio pre-release marketing all over again.

Fully agree with the Fairy type issues. They're also just, overall, really annoying to try and kill. They're basically just the new Dragon type. I wanna add that the only thinks Fairy is weak to are Steel and Poison, both of which are not good offensive types, and they resist/are immune to the strongest offensive types, Dragon Dark and Fighting. Also Game Freak for some insane reason made Bug be not effective against Fairy...Which, sure okay yeah, that was something that needed doing, the nerf of the extremely OP Bug type.

Joining an Iron Leaves tera raid battle is easier said than done, holy shrek. I'm grateful the event ends on may 14th.

Exciting News!
Next 7 Star Tera Raid is Chesnaught with a Rock Tera! Event runs from May 12-14 and a repeat from May 19-21

chesnaughtraids.jpg

I'm definitely going online for this one. Bye Blisseys...you gave me enough shards for an army of tera mons 🙌

Rock tera Chesnaught is now live! Thinking of using Annihilape for the raid. Anyone recommend anything better?

There are also some rumors that HOME might be available this month. These are just rumors though so take them with spoonfuls of salt.

There are also some rumors that HOME might be available this month. These are just rumors though so take them with spoonfuls of salt.
Fingers crossed for HOME compatibility this month. I can't wait to move a bunch of Pokémon.

Rock tera Chesnaught is now live! Thinking of using Annihilape for the raid. Anyone recommend anything better?

I used Iron Hands. It got knocked out quickly and did barely any damage, but it was all I had on my secondary account. Still won with a team of online folks using regular raid mons! Seems like Chesnaught is quite easy to beat.

I've also seen those rumours, and I REALLY hope they're true. Nearly three of my boxes are obsolete because I've ended up getting the Pokemon through other games. It's ridiculous how long this one has taken.

Not me just purchasing and downloading the DLC for both games yesterday, LOL. I still need to do the Walking Wake/Iron Leaves raid event. I'm glad it doesn't end until Sunday.

Back