Pokémon Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet General Discussion

This is what I mean :-D
This game is just one big middle-finger to old-time fans of the series.
I'm happy I stayed far away from these 2 entries to see how technical sound they were (and wait for them to get fixed) but sadly it doesn't look like they will at all.

This is exactly how I feel, too. This is the first mainline Pokemon game that I haven't played yet, and judging from the sound of things, it's probably just going to stay that way. I've been going back to playing older games instead. It's a shame, because some of the new Pokemon looked like they might have been interesting to play with but, alas; definitely not worth all of the accompanying issues anymore, IMO.

The Pokemon Home release window being a lie is all par for the course with this entire situation. How pathetic.

Honestly...fire everyone who works on these games and start over. I'd rather wait however many years it takes for a new team to start from scratch than continue in the direction we've been headed.

The Pokemon Home release window being a lie is all par for the course with this entire situation. How pathetic.

Honestly...fire everyone who works on these games and start over. I'd rather wait however many years it takes for a new team to start from scratch than continue in the direction we've been headed.

The problem with Pokemon is that this situation is sadly partly the superfan's fault (in a sense that they really do buy/defend everything). Gamefreak can honestly do no wrong in their eyes and why would they waste any money whatsoever if tens of millions of players still buy every product without a second hesitation? The writing was honestly on the walls for this entry (the last one wasn't good either) and still everyone yet again bought it (including a really good friend of mine who is actually really intelligent and should have known much better).

And look where we are:
Pokemon Sword Shield: Blandest/most hand-holdy Pokemon to-date that looks like the 3DS port it was
Arceus: Ugly textures/runs sloppy/techniqual side as if constructed by 3 people/gets applauded for the slightest hint of innovation
This game: EVERYTHING wrong mashed together/no fixes in sight BUT people already eager for a DLC

Why would they ever change? The games sell like hotcakes and are - by now - just a vehicle to sell their other merch.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow mess up a gen 1 remake, considering how bad these games have been in the eyes of fans.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow mess up a gen 1 remake, considering how bad these games have been in the eyes of fans.

Yeah, sure they will. The poor devs are probably given 40 people to do it and the result are most likely really bad graphics/glitches and a lot of "improvements" that completely ruin all kind of balance (ah yeah, and they won't add any additional content besides 1-2 useless new gimmicks).
It's just sad when they can't even surprise you with how incompetent they are.

Here we go...

20230525_210150.jpg

Let's hope its for real this time...

Can't wait for HOME compatibility, these are some great news! Fingers crossed everything will go well this time.

Slightly off-topic and a potential unpopular opinion but I'm pretty sure they'll lock (potential, idk if we'll get them or not yet) previous gen legendaries in tera raids which I'm really really displeased about. Dynamax adventures were not enjoyable to me at all and tera raids confuse the fudge out of me. I'm not a strategic player at all. I'd rather fill my dex, shiny hunt my favourite Pokémon, give them cute nicknames and train them. Ugh. I guess there's no point being bummed about something that's not even official yet but if they go down that road, that'll be without me.
Except for Zacian. I want a shiny Zacian so bad, ugh.

Something their official Twitter has failed to mention - According to the app's in-game memo, there will be a staggered login period in order to keep the servers from crashing. I'll get a screengrab if anyone needs it, or you can just check the app itself. Message as quoted:

HOME app said:
Users will be given staggered log-in times in order to reduce server strain

So if you were one of those people hoping to take advantage of the Level 1 Hisuian Zorua trades... Good luck, and may the log-in odds be ever in your favour, I guess?

Slightly off-topic and a potential unpopular opinion but I'm pretty sure they'll lock (potential, idk if we'll get them or not yet) previous gen legendaries in tera raids which I'm really really displeased about. Dynamax adventures were not enjoyable to me at all and tera raids confuse the fudge out of me. I'm not a strategic player at all. I'd rather fill my dex, shiny hunt my favourite Pokémon, give them cute nicknames and train them. Ugh. I guess there's no point being bummed about something that's not even official yet but if they go down that road, that'll be without me. Except for Zacian. I want a shiny Zacian so bad, ugh.
I really don't care for tera raids either. At first they weren't too bad, but after a while you can see the poor configuration. Playing solo? Nobody will make a move until you do, even if your Pokemon gets KO'd. Playing online? Chaos. Just... chaos.
Then there's the part you mention about strategy, which wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to keep making brand new level 100s with specific movesets and natures for most of the limited time raids.

I hope the next gen's gimmick is something that doesn't involve needing multiple players, but I think these obnoxious things are here to stay.

Then there's the part you mention about strategy, which wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to keep making brand new level 100s with specific movesets and natures for most of the limited time raids.
This. This is just annoying. I'm not gonna lie, I had to check out online strats to catch Iron Leaves because there was no way I was going to survive one by myself, let alone manage to defeat it. I didn't bother with nature (I did consider it though) but I still had to train a Kingambit all the way up to level one hundred and team up with other players. The number of players who joined with Pokémon weak to Iron Leaves was astoundign. You'd think that people would research these limited time raids, but nooo. ->

And yeah, it's the whole new type thing that throws me off. Now you have to find Pokémon that can counter both the tera type and the og type(s) and it's just a lot for my absolutely not strategical brain. T ^ T

Pokemon HOME is currently undergoing maintenance. Let's hope that another bug comes out of this. If I lose all my mons in HOME I'm officially done.

If I lose all my mons in HOME I'm officially done.
I swear if I lose all of my Pokémon whoever is in charge of HOME will hear me out. Let's hope that everything goes right and nothing gets lost or corrupted. It's a shame we've come to fear any kind of update and event related to Pokémon.

Used Home for a bit. No issues thus far.

I have to imagine that if Home ever deleted people's Pokemon, that would be grounds for a hefty class action lawsuit. Lol.

I got a bug on the Mobile app. Everything seems fine at first. (Aegislash there is pure coincidence lol)
Screenshot_20230530_091654_Pokmon HOME.jpg

However...when I switch to the Pokemon tab I get this
Screenshot_20230530_091709_Pokmon HOME.jpg

Hopefully they'll get another patch right away but then again it might get worse...

I don’t use the mobile version of Home that often. Only time that I use it is to get any Mystery Gifts and occasionally Wonder Box to get rid of excess Pokémon that I hatched from eggs looking for specific genders or Abilities.

Several more points

1. Hisuian starters
Sort of personal to me because my fav Hisuian starter is Typhlosion. I just found out H-Typhlosion has Frisk as its HA...very sad about that. H-Decidueye has Scrappy which is actually useful against Ghosts ironically. H-Samurott has the best HA with Sharpness. Ceaseless Edge gets Sharpness boost AND lays down Spikes

For Hisuian starters in ranking of HAs:
Samurott > Decidueye > Typhlosion

2. Tera types for HOME mons are based on their primary type, not their secondary.

This means that a HOME Hydreigon will always come with a Dark tera type, HOME Kleavor with a Bug tera, etc.

3. Hisuian evolutions

Backwards compatibility is a must because some Hisuian mons like Ursaluna can only be obtained via Legends.

4. Moveset downgrades

This is probably important for those that still do competitive. Some mons lose out on exclusive moves to SwSh/BdSp/Legends, like Rillaboom, who cannot learn Grassy Glide via level up. Mons like Toxapex lose TM moves like Scald so yeah, the loss of transfer moves really suck. The only winners might be egg move mons that can relearn the moves easily with Mirror Herb.

Just finished transferring all my Pokemon from the older games including Sword/Shield, and hoo boi, it was a lot.

Came up with two new teams for my Pokemon Scarlet and Violet files. The Violet file isn't beat yet, so I'm looking forward to completing the game with this new team. All of these are shinies except for Tinkaton and Hisuian Zoroark.

Shiny Azumarill was my first shiny back in Pokemon X/Y. Shiny Abomasnow came from the Pokemon Platinum Nuzlocke I beat. Shiny Vivillon was my first shiny in Scarlet. Shiny Lucario came from Chibi.Hoshi from this site, but will be replaced with an EV/IV trained shiny Lucario from michealsmells. Shiny Mismagius came from a now deleted file of Pokemon Violet. Shiny Eelektross came from michealsmells's Pokemon shop.

Shiny Charizard in Violet came from Pokemon Go. Shiny Drednaw came from that exact file of Violet. Shiny Heracross came from Pokemon Legends: Arceus. And last, but certainly not least, Shiny Pikachu came from a friend on this forum who was giving away Surf Pikachus at the time. 😤

ltnLYja.png

AbUls3R.png

DgZBZ3n.png

xGBztd7.png

I don't really care one way or another...but, it seems like surprise trade is really heavy with hacked Pokemon now. - I haven't played Violet in a number of months. Logged on to do some trades and already got 3 or 4 level 100 shinies with websites for names. Honestly, probably about a third of the trades I did...

I don't really care one way or another...but, it seems like surprise trade is really heavy with hacked Pokemon now. - I haven't played Violet in a number of months. Logged on to do some trades and already got 3 or 4 level 100 shinies with websites for names. Honestly, probably about a third of the trades I did...
I hate when that happens, especially when it completes a dex entry. I had that happen with Regidrago and Regieleki back in SwSh and I was not happy about it. Like sir, please, I'd rather shiny hunt/catch them on my own, thank you. I just release the shinies when I get them and toss whatever item they're holding. Sure, Master Balls are useful, but I'd rather not keep anything that was hacked in my games. Just in case.

Back