Pokémon Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet General Discussion

My only real complaint is that they are all nicknamed, so I will never use them. - I don't play competitively or anything, so I actually wouldn't mind using a hacked shiny on my team if it was just named normally...but, I'm never gonna use a Pokemon that has a website for a name. Lol

Demand for Scarlet paradox Pokemon has been insane.

I've received so many legendaries and shinies just by trading away Roaring Moons and Slither Wings. A couple of them are obviously hacked, but most of them have been completely legit Pogo shinies (as in, they haven't been sent to another game yet, so can't be hacked).

I've almost completed my international dex for Violet paradoxes, but it seems as though nobody is interested in trading them around. Was there really that much of a difference between people who purchased Scarlet vs Violet?

I personally don't care about getting a hacked Pokemon as long as it doesn't bug my game out or break it. Them being website names bugs me though. Just keep it the species' name. I know it's for advertising purposes though.

I personally don't care about getting a hacked Pokemon as long as it doesn't bug my game out or break it. Them being website names bugs me though. Just keep it the species' name. I know it's for advertising purposes though.
If I randomly get a Shiny, I’m keeping it and using it ingame only. I don’t do online battling or competitions so I really can’t get into trouble if the Shiny turns out to be hacked. But I agree that they should keep their species name unless a nickname suits them such as Pinky for Lechonk.

Just beat Pokemon Violet, so now I've beat both Scarlet and Violet.

Just remember kids, there's some things AI can't predict... :LOL:

mw6A3VM.png

I do hate that.

I once got Wonder-Traded a Shiny Aipom in ORAS, and when I looked up the website, it was this dude's furry website account.

Like great thanks.

The new DLC trailer just dropped. Without spoiling anything by posting it here. I'm just going to mention the positives and negatives

Positives:
1. The new clothing and customisation. Tired of the school uniforms, this is a needed change.
2. Return of many old mons
3. New areas to explore
4. The Momotaro trio might be Poison types, hinted by their new ability
5. Hopefully some more patches

Negatives:
1. Not all mons are in this game (dexit persists)
2. The lack of customisation compared to previous games is still unacceptable.
3. I still hate the Momotaro trio designs despite predicting they might be Poison to counter the Teal Mask legendary's predicted Fairy typing
4. The new areas to explore are similiar to Legends Arceus closed areas so a true open world is still a lie.
5. The series continues to stagnate. I still can't believe that GF thinks what they put out was acceptable with all the glitches and bugs. I still encounter bugs mostly in the raids and its tiring.
6. I wasn't hyped from seeing this. One of the firsts. Its just another Isle of Armor/Crown Tundra. Rinse and repeat folx. Rinse and repeat.

As a heads up - there's a new raid featuring a (base odds) chance of getting a shiny Gimmighoul (Chest Form) in 5 star raids, but they're bugged again. Lots of reports of people receiving Tera shards x 0.

I just do not understand how they can manage to make this many errors on something that should surely be so simple.

The new DLC trailer just dropped. Without spoiling anything by posting it here. I'm just going to mention the positives and negatives

Positives:
1. The new clothing and customisation. Tired of the school uniforms, this is a needed change.
2. Return of many old mons
3. New areas to explore
4. The Momotaro trio might be Poison types, hinted by their new ability
5. Hopefully some more patches

Negatives:
1. Not all mons are in this game (dexit persists)
2. The lack of customisation compared to previous games is still unacceptable.
3. I still hate the Momotaro trio designs despite predicting they might be Poison to counter the Teal Mask legendary's predicted Fairy typing
4. The new areas to explore are similiar to Legends Arceus closed areas so a true open world is still a lie.
5. The series continues to stagnate. I still can't believe that GF thinks what they put out was acceptable with all the glitches and bugs. I still encounter bugs mostly in the raids and its tiring.
6. I wasn't hyped from seeing this. One of the firsts. Its just another Isle of Armor/Crown Tundra. Rinse and repeat folx. Rinse and repeat.
Yeah, the Momotaro trio are some of the ugliest designs I've seen. That dog is just a fursuit and I will not be convinced otherwise. And a monkey? God, GF, stop making new monkeys.

TFW Porygon still hasn't been confirmed.

As a heads up - there's a new raid featuring a (base odds) chance of getting a shiny Gimmighoul (Chest Form) in 5 star raids, but they're bugged again. Lots of reports of people receiving Tera shards x 0.

I just do not understand how they can manage to make this many errors on something that should surely be so simple.
At this point, GF should just sell the franchise to Nintendo. Tears of the Kingdom is a good argument for that

Yeah, the Momotaro trio are some of the ugliest designs I've seen. That dog is just a fursuit and I will not be convinced otherwise. And a monkey? God, GF, stop making new monkeys.

TFW Porygon still hasn't been confirmed.
I think the Porygon was rumored to be in. Tho I'm not keeping up with leaks these days

At this point, GF should just sell the franchise to Nintendo. Tears of the Kingdom is a good argument for that

I think the Porygon was rumored to be in. Tho I'm not keeping up with leaks these days

On /r/PokeLeaks, there was the full list of moves leaked. Some had "This move is not available and you should delete it", but Conversion and Conversion2 both had their actual descriptions in. So either GF screws Porygon by removing his signature moves, or he's in the game.

Another note..
Gligar is exclusive to Scarlet and
Aipom is exclusive to Violet...

Get it?
Because Gligar is reddish and Aipom is purple.

Yeah...I'll just import them from HOME, like it matters.

I’ve been attempting the shiny Gimmighoul raids without any luck. I might abandon my efforts it really doesn’t seem worth it which is a shame.

I’ve been attempting the shiny Gimmighoul raids without any luck. I might abandon my efforts it really doesn’t seem worth it which is a shame.

I ended up joining some nice people on Twitch that were hosting shiny Gimmighoul raids. They’ve been out long enough now that not many people are joining to get one so it was easy to join thankfully. No waiting at all. I would have liked to try and find them myself, but it honestly wasn’t worth the time investment. Especially for a pretty lame shiny.

Patch 1.3.2 just dropped and finally made the Illuminate ability have a battle effect:

"By Iluminating its surroundings, the Pokémon prevents its accuracy from being lowered"

Basically another version of Keen Eye. So Starmie will still use Natural Cure/Analytic, Lanturn will still use Volt Absorb, etc so it changes nothing.

Patch 1.3.2 just dropped and finally made the Illuminate ability have a battle effect:

"By Iluminating its surroundings, the Pokémon prevents its accuracy from being lowered"

Basically another version of Keen Eye. So Starmie will still use Natural Cure/Analytic, Lanturn will still use Volt Absorb, etc so it changes nothing.
It only took 20 years for Illuminate not to be utterly useless if you weren’t trying to find rare Pokémon in a very specific area or using Flash.

This team isn't good competitively, but as I went through the gyms and eventually the Elite 4, these lovely lads and lady were what I accrued over time and finally ended up with.
The names are all simply, stupid lowercase words because I am pretty uncreative and that's what I think of first when I see them.
spices the Talonflame - Fire Tera
pj's the Lurantis - Grass Tera
f-90 the Dragapult - Fairy Tera
funny bird the Iron Jugulis - Flying Tera
pasta the Quaquaval - Dragon Tera
toothpick the Sandaconda - Ground Tera
All of these have the best friends mark, i love them all to bits :>

Heads up for anyone who likes shinies - TPC are giving away a free shiny Arcanine based on a championship winner!

Code to receive Paul's Arcanine: PAULEU1CW1N

Back